|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's pliability and perseverance to?
(a) A supple jack.
(b) A birch tree.
(c) A wilting flower.
(d) A thick rope.
2. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
(a) The Headless Horseman.
3. What does the narrator likens Brom's attempts at courting to?
(a) To the gentle caresses of a sword.
(b) To the cawing of a crow.
(c) To the gentle caresses of a bear.
(d) To the clawing of a wolverine.
4. Which demi-god does the narrator compare to Ichabod?
5. What does Ichabod do when his is frightened?
(a) He shouts.
(b) He prays.
(c) He eats.
(d) He sings.
6. The narrator states that Ichabod's feet serve as what?
7. What animal does the narrator compare to Ichabod's appetite?
(a) An anaconda.
(b) A bird.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) An elephant.
8. Who is the large blue-beard Dutchman?
(a) Van Ripper.
(c) Doffue Martling.
(d) Van Tassel.
9. What does Ichabod do between services on Sunday?
(a) Cook food.
(b) Visit with the available women.
(c) Sing with the parson.
(d) Read the Bible.
10. What is Gunpowder found doing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
11. To those in Sleepy Hollow, Brom Van Burnt is considered to be a ______.
12. Under what cover does Ichabod pursue Katrina?
(a) As a lover of food.
(b) As a gossiper.
(c) As a visiting farmer.
(d) As her music teacher.
13. Old Baltus Van Tassel is what kind of farmer?
14. What is so tempting about the Van Tassel's farm to Ichabod?
(a) The various meats and foul available.
(b) The landscape's beauty.
(c) The amount of acerage.
(d) The price of each acre.
15. What happens to Ichabod's heart as he eats at the Van Tassel's party?
(a) His heart dilates in proportion to his good cheer.
(b) It beats faster at the idea of eating more food.
(c) It grows larger with hunger.
(d) It grows small with jealousy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ichabod believes he will be safe from the Headless Horseman if he makes it to where?
2. What does Ichabod see at the end of the bridge?
3. Whenever someone speaks of Ichabod Crane, what does Brom do?
4. Who is Gunpowder's owner?
5. What does Ichabod lose while riding Gunpowder?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)