|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ichabod see at the end of the bridge?
(a) A large figure.
(d) Brom Bones.
2. A new path leads Ichabod, Gunpowder, and his mysterious rider to what location?
(a) The church.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The schoolhouse.
(d) A farm.
3. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's students' voices at the schoolhouse to?
(a) The whimpering of puppies.
(b) The roaring of lions.
(c) The growling of dogs.
(d) The hum of a beehive.
4. What type of man is Ichabod Crane?
5. What animal does the narrator compare to Ichabod's appetite?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A bird.
(c) An anaconda.
(d) A rabbit.
6. What else does Ichabod pride himself on besides his singing?
(a) His dancing.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His poetry.
(d) His writing.
7. In Brom's tale of the Hessian, what town has he returned from?
(a) Tarry Town.
(b) New York.
(c) Sing Sing.
(d) Hudson Village.
8. Who is the favorite spectre of Sleepy Hollow?
(a) Wailing women.
(c) The ghost.
(d) The Headless Horseman.
9. Who has assembled to watch Ichabod and Katrina dance?
(a) Brom Bones.
(b) Servants from the farms.
(c) Van Ripper.
(d) Bultrus Van Tassel.
10. Where is Sleepy Hollow located?
(d) New York.
11. What success does the old farmer from New York state about Ichabod?
(a) That Ichabod marries a wealthy woman.
(b) That Ichabod teaches at a university.
(c) That he hasn't seen him.
(d) That he is justice of the Ten Pound Court.
12. What does a visiting farmer bring news of years later, after Ichabod's disappearance from Sleepy Hollow?
(a) That Ichabod's body has been found.
(b) That Ichabod plans to return to Sleepy Hollow.
(c) That Ichabod lives in a neighboring town.
(d) That Ichabod Crane is alive and well.
13. Under what cover does Ichabod pursue Katrina?
(a) As a lover of food.
(b) As her music teacher.
(c) As a visiting farmer.
(d) As a gossiper.
14. What is the musician at the Van Tassel's party?
(a) Van Ripper.
(b) The preacher.
(c) Brom Bones.
(d) A gray-haired elderly man.
15. Whenever someone speaks of Ichabod Crane, what does Brom do?
(a) Kiss Katrina.
(b) Leave the room.
(d) Smile with a smug expression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the country people hear haunting through the village?
2. According to Old Brouwer, what happens to the Headless Horseman?
3. As he and Gunpowder head home, who does Ichabod believe the rider on the dark horse alongside him to be?
4. Who brings the invitation for the Van Tassel's to Ichabod?
5. What time of night does Ichabod leave the Van Tassel's?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)