|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ichabod reaches the road to Sleepy Hollow, what does Gunpowder do?
(a) Resist and buck.
(b) Resist and stop.
(c) Resist and whine.
(d) Resist and made another turn.
2. What does Ichabod lose while riding Gunpowder?
(a) His bag.
(b) His saddle.
(c) His hat.
(d) His purse.
3. Old Baltus Van Tassel is what kind of farmer?
4. Ichabod believes he will be safe from the Headless Horseman if he makes it to where?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The church.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The farmhouse.
5. According to the narrator, what is Ichabod very good at doing?
(a) Protecting Sleepy Hollow.
(b) Helping out with difficult tasks.
(d) Getting what he wants.
6. What kind of area is Sleepy Hollow?
7. How does the narrator describe the farmers at Van Tassel's party?
(a) As a leather-faced race.
(b) A group of well worn men.
(c) Good old boys.
(d) Handsome hunks.
8. Whenever someone speaks of Ichabod Crane, what does Brom do?
(a) Kiss Katrina.
(b) Leave the room.
(d) Smile with a smug expression.
9. Brom Bones is noted for preferring what kind of animals?
10. What is so tempting about the Van Tassel's farm to Ichabod?
(a) The landscape's beauty.
(b) The price of each acre.
(c) The amount of acerage.
(d) The various meats and foul available.
11. Who is the large blue-beard Dutchman?
(a) Van Tassel.
(b) Van Ripper.
(d) Doffue Martling.
12. A new path leads Ichabod, Gunpowder, and his mysterious rider to what location?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The schoolhouse.
(c) A farm.
(d) The church.
13. Who brings the invitation for the Van Tassel's to Ichabod?
(a) An unnamed character.
(b) Bultrus Van Tassel.
(c) Katrina Van Tassel.
(d) Van Ripper.
14. When is the story published?
15. According to Old Brouwer, what happens to the Headless Horseman?
(a) He captures his head.
(b) He turns into a pumpkin.
(c) He turns into a skeleton.
(d) He disappears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod do to the horse when it behaves badly?
2. Whom begins to ride along Ichabod as he and Gunpowder head home after the Van Tassel party?
3. Who does Katrina marry?
4. What is the musician at the Van Tassel's party?
5. As Ichabod reaches the bridge, what item does the dark rider throw at him to knock him to the ground?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)