Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's pliability and perseverance to?
(a) A thick rope.
(b) A wilting flower.
(c) A birch tree.
(d) A supple jack.
2. When Ichabod reaches the road to Sleepy Hollow, what does Gunpowder do?
(a) Resist and buck.
(b) Resist and whine.
(c) Resist and stop.
(d) Resist and made another turn.
3. To those in Sleepy Hollow, Brom Van Burnt is considered to be a ______.
4. Where does the women in white haunt?
(a) The great tree.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) Raven Rock.
(d) The church.
5. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
(b) The Headless Horseman.
6. What does Ichabod do between services on Sunday?
(a) Cook food.
(b) Sing with the parson.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Visit with the available women.
7. How does the narrator describe the farmers at Van Tassel's party?
(a) A group of well worn men.
(b) As a leather-faced race.
(c) Good old boys.
(d) Handsome hunks.
8. As Ichabod moves from one farmer's family to the next, where are his possessions?
(a) In a barrel.
(b) In a suitcase.
(c) In a barn.
(d) Tied in a cotton handkerchief.
9. Whom begins to ride along Ichabod as he and Gunpowder head home after the Van Tassel party?
(b) The dark horse and rider.
(d) Brom and Daredevil.
10. Who is the large blue-beard Dutchman?
(a) Doffue Martling.
(c) Van Tassel.
(d) Van Ripper.
11. What kind of area is Sleepy Hollow?
12. What do the villagers believe happened to Ichabod?
(a) The Headless Horseman killed him.
(b) The Headless Horseman took him away.
(c) The Headless Horseman raced him to death.
(d) The Headless Horseman took his head.
13. What do the people of Sleepy Hollow search for after the Van Tassel's party?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A saddle.
(c) Brom's horse.
(d) Ichabod's body.
14. What prize did Brom say he and the Headless Horseman race for?
(a) A sack of money.
(b) A bowl of punch.
(c) Katrina's head.
(d) A sword.
15. Who brings the invitation for the Van Tassel's to Ichabod?
(a) Van Ripper.
(b) Katrina Van Tassel.
(c) An unnamed character.
(d) Bultrus Van Tassel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object towers like a giant above all the neighborhood trees outside of Sleepy Hollow?
2. As he and Gunpowder head home, who does Ichabod believe the rider on the dark horse alongside him to be?
3. Who founded the area around Sleepy Hollow?
4. After much discussion, what do many of the townspeople believe?
5. What does Ichabod try to get Gunpowder to do as they gallop away from the dark figure?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)