|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of melody does Ichabod produce?
2. What does Ichabod do to the horse when it behaves badly?
(a) Get a new horse.
(b) Yell at the horse.
(c) Get off the horse.
(d) Whip the horse.
3. Whenever someone speaks of Ichabod Crane, what does Brom do?
(b) Kiss Katrina.
(c) Smile with a smug expression.
(d) Leave the room.
4. Which demi-god does the narrator compare to Ichabod?
5. What success does the old farmer from New York state about Ichabod?
(a) That he hasn't seen him.
(b) That Ichabod marries a wealthy woman.
(c) That he is justice of the Ten Pound Court.
(d) That Ichabod teaches at a university.
6. Who is the architect of Ichabod's schoolhouse?
(a) Van Ripper.
(b) Yost Van Houten.
(c) Van Brunt.
(d) Ichabod Crane.
7. What does Ichabod do between services on Sunday?
(a) Visit with the available women.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Sing with the parson.
(d) Cook food.
8. Where is Sleepy Hollow located?
(b) New York.
9. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
(b) The Headless Horseman.
10. As the narrator tells the events of Van Tassel's party, he refers to himself as what?
(a) Brom's buddy.
(b) Ichabod's friend.
(c) Ichabod's historian.
(d) A fateful observer.
11. What do the people of Sleepy Hollow search for after the Van Tassel's party?
(a) A saddle.
(b) Brom's horse.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) Ichabod's body.
12. Under what cover does Ichabod pursue Katrina?
(a) As a lover of food.
(b) As a visiting farmer.
(c) As a gossiper.
(d) As her music teacher.
13. Who is the favorite spectre of Sleepy Hollow?
(a) The Headless Horseman.
(c) The ghost.
(d) Wailing women.
14. What destination does Ichabod hope to reach as he races from his pursuer?
(a) The farm.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The church.
15. How does the narrator describe the farmers at Van Tassel's party?
(a) Handsome hunks.
(b) A group of well worn men.
(c) As a leather-faced race.
(d) Good old boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Brom's tale of the Hessian, what town has he returned from?
2. What does the narrator say lies in Gunpowder's good eye?
3. What do the country people hear haunting through the village?
4. What else does Ichabod pride himself on besides his singing?
5. A new path leads Ichabod, Gunpowder, and his mysterious rider to what location?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)