|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ichabod believes he will be safe from the Headless Horseman if he makes it to where?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The church.
(c) The farmhouse.
(d) The bridge.
2. What does Van Ripper do with Ichabod's belongings?
(a) Gave them away.
(b) Sold them.
(c) Disposed of them.
(d) Returned them.
3. What do the people of Sleepy Hollow search for after the Van Tassel's party?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A saddle.
(c) Ichabod's body.
(d) Brom's horse.
4. When is the story published?
5. As the narrator tells the events of Van Tassel's party, he refers to himself as what?
(a) A fateful observer.
(b) Brom's buddy.
(c) Ichabod's friend.
(d) Ichabod's historian.
6. What does Ichabod do when his is frightened?
(a) He sings.
(b) He prays.
(c) He shouts.
(d) He eats.
7. Who is Gunpowder's owner?
(b) Van Tassel.
(d) Van Ripper.
8. What is the name of Katrina's mother?
(a) Mynheer Van Tassel.
(b) Bultrus Van Tassel.
(c) Mabel Van Tassel.
(d) Selena Van Tassel.
9. Who is the architect of Ichabod's schoolhouse?
(a) Van Brunt.
(b) Van Ripper.
(c) Ichabod Crane.
(d) Yost Van Houten.
10. What is the tone of the story?
(a) Loving and light.
(d) Dark and somber.
11. Under what cover does Ichabod pursue Katrina?
(a) As a visiting farmer.
(b) As her music teacher.
(c) As a gossiper.
(d) As a lover of food.
12. What does the narrator say lies in Gunpowder's good eye?
(c) The devil.
13. Who has assembled to watch Ichabod and Katrina dance?
(a) Bultrus Van Tassel.
(b) Brom Bones.
(c) Van Ripper.
(d) Servants from the farms.
14. According to the narrator, what is Ichabod very good at doing?
(a) Getting what he wants.
(b) Protecting Sleepy Hollow.
(d) Helping out with difficult tasks.
15. What happens to Ichabod's heart as he eats at the Van Tassel's party?
(a) It grows larger with hunger.
(b) His heart dilates in proportion to his good cheer.
(c) It grows small with jealousy.
(d) It beats faster at the idea of eating more food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of Ichabod's musical students?
2. Whenever someone speaks of Ichabod Crane, what does Brom do?
3. What knocks Ichabod from his horse and into the ground?
4. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's pliability and perseverance to?
5. What does the narrator likens Brom's attempts at courting to?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)