|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book has Ichabod mastered?
(a) A History of the English People.
(b) History of New England Witchcraft.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A History of the American Revolution.
2. What knocks Ichabod from his horse and into the ground?
(a) A ball.
(b) The Headless Horseman's head.
(c) A bat.
(d) A rock.
3. What time of night does Ichabod leave the Van Tassel's?
(d) Early morning.
4. Why do women consider Ichabod valuable?
(a) He cooks.
(b) He sings well.
(c) He gossips.
(d) He takes care of their little children.
5. What does Ichabod lose while riding Gunpowder?
(a) His saddle.
(b) His hat.
(c) His purse.
(d) His bag.
6. Who has assembled to watch Ichabod and Katrina dance?
(a) Brom Bones.
(b) Bultrus Van Tassel.
(c) Servants from the farms.
(d) Van Ripper.
7. What is so tempting about the Van Tassel's farm to Ichabod?
(a) The price of each acre.
(b) The landscape's beauty.
(c) The various meats and foul available.
(d) The amount of acerage.
8. The narrator states that Ichabod's feet serve as what?
9. Who does Katrina marry?
(a) Van Ripper.
(b) A soldier.
(d) A visiting farmer.
10. What prize did Brom say he and the Headless Horseman race for?
(a) A sword.
(b) A bowl of punch.
(c) Katrina's head.
(d) A sack of money.
11. What type of melody does Ichabod produce?
12. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
(c) The Headless Horseman.
13. What object towers like a giant above all the neighborhood trees outside of Sleepy Hollow?
(a) A watchtower.
(b) A tulip tree.
(c) A farmhouse.
(d) A lighthouse.
14. Whom does the schoolhouse and its furniture belong?
(a) Van Ripper.
(b) The community.
(d) Van Tassel.
15. Under what cover does Ichabod pursue Katrina?
(a) As her music teacher.
(b) As a lover of food.
(c) As a gossiper.
(d) As a visiting farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod do to the horse when it behaves badly?
2. Which demi-god does the narrator compare to Ichabod?
3. Who is the architect of Ichabod's schoolhouse?
4. Old Baltus Van Tassel is what kind of farmer?
5. A new path leads Ichabod, Gunpowder, and his mysterious rider to what location?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)