|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landmark is named after Major Andre?
(a) A brook.
(b) A road.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A tulip tree.
2. What book has Ichabod mastered?
(a) A History of the American Revolution.
(b) The Bible.
(c) History of New England Witchcraft.
(d) A History of the English People.
3. As the narrator tells the events of Van Tassel's party, he refers to himself as what?
(a) A fateful observer.
(b) Ichabod's friend.
(c) Brom's buddy.
(d) Ichabod's historian.
4. What does Ichabod do between services on Sunday?
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Visit with the available women.
(c) Cook food.
(d) Sing with the parson.
5. What is Gunpowder found doing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
6. What is the real name of Tarry Town?
(a) Sleepy Hollow.
(c) Tarry Towne.
7. What does Katrina say to Ichabod after the party?
(a) She wants to think about it.
(b) She accepts his offer for marriage.
(c) She rejects his offer for marriage.
(d) The narrator does not know.
8. What knocks Ichabod from his horse and into the ground?
(a) A bat.
(b) The Headless Horseman's head.
(c) A ball.
(d) A rock.
9. What do some in Sleepy Hollow believe happened to Ichabod?
(a) He is scared to death.
(b) He is thrilled to live in a neighboring town.
(c) He is embarrassed over losing the rich Katrina.
(d) He is happy living in New York.
10. When is the story published?
11. What destination does Ichabod hope to reach as he races from his pursuer?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The church.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The farm.
12. What is Katrina known to have the prettiest of in all the countryside?
(d) Foot and ankle.
13. What happens to Ichabod's heart as he eats at the Van Tassel's party?
(a) It grows larger with hunger.
(b) It beats faster at the idea of eating more food.
(c) His heart dilates in proportion to his good cheer.
(d) It grows small with jealousy.
14. Who founded Sleepy Hollow?
(a) Master Andrew Van Brunt.
(b) Master Hendrick Hudson.
(c) Master Edward Van Tassel.
(d) Master Henry Van Ripper.
15. Which demi-god does the narrator compare to Ichabod?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod do to the horse when it behaves badly?
2. Whom begins to ride along Ichabod as he and Gunpowder head home after the Van Tassel party?
3. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's students' voices at the schoolhouse to?
4. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's pliability and perseverance to?
5. What does Ichabod try to get Gunpowder to do as they gallop away from the dark figure?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)