|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ichabod reaches the road to Sleepy Hollow, what does Gunpowder do?
(a) Resist and stop.
(b) Resist and whine.
(c) Resist and made another turn.
(d) Resist and buck.
2. A new path leads Ichabod, Gunpowder, and his mysterious rider to what location?
(a) A farm.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The church.
(d) The schoolhouse.
3. What does Ichabod do between services on Sunday?
(a) Visit with the available women.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Cook food.
(d) Sing with the parson.
4. At the beginning of the story, the papers are found amongst whose belongings?
(a) Ichabod Crane's belongings.
(b) Van Tassel's will.
(c) A letter to the court.
(d) A dead man.
5. According to Brom, the Headless Horseman vanishes in what manner?
(a) In a flash of fire.
(b) In a circle of light.
(c) In a bolt of lightening.
(d) In a thunderstorm.
6. What do the people of Sleepy Hollow search for after the Van Tassel's party?
(a) A saddle.
(b) Ichabod's body.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) Brom's horse.
7. What does the narrator likens Brom's attempts at courting to?
(a) To the clawing of a wolverine.
(b) To the gentle caresses of a bear.
(c) To the cawing of a crow.
(d) To the gentle caresses of a sword.
8. What happens to Ichabod's heart as he eats at the Van Tassel's party?
(a) It beats faster at the idea of eating more food.
(b) It grows larger with hunger.
(c) It grows small with jealousy.
(d) His heart dilates in proportion to his good cheer.
9. What success does the old farmer from New York state about Ichabod?
(a) That he hasn't seen him.
(b) That Ichabod teaches at a university.
(c) That Ichabod marries a wealthy woman.
(d) That he is justice of the Ten Pound Court.
10. Why do women consider Ichabod valuable?
(a) He sings well.
(b) He gossips.
(c) He takes care of their little children.
(d) He cooks.
11. The narrator states that Ichabod's feet serve as what?
12. Whenever someone speaks of Ichabod Crane, what does Brom do?
(a) Smile with a smug expression.
(b) Kiss Katrina.
(d) Leave the room.
13. What kind of life do many townspeople believe Ichabod had?
14. Under what cover does Ichabod pursue Katrina?
(a) As a visiting farmer.
(b) As a gossiper.
(c) As a lover of food.
(d) As her music teacher.
15. What does Ichabod do to the horse when it behaves badly?
(a) Whip the horse.
(b) Get a new horse.
(c) Yell at the horse.
(d) Get off the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the schoolhouse and its furniture belong?
2. What kind of area is Sleepy Hollow?
3. What does Van Ripper do with Ichabod's belongings?
4. Who has assembled to watch Ichabod and Katrina dance?
5. What does Ichabod lose while riding Gunpowder?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)