|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ichabod do between services on Sunday?
(a) Visit with the available women.
(b) Cook food.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Sing with the parson.
2. How does the narrator describe the farmers' wives at Van Tassel's party?
(a) Welcomed grande dames.
(b) Wives of farmers.
(c) Warm women full of wisdom.
(d) Withered little dames.
3. Brom Bones is noted for preferring what kind of animals?
4. What is Gunpowder found doing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
5. Where does the women in white haunt?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The church.
(c) Raven Rock.
(d) The great tree.
6. What does a visiting farmer bring news of years later, after Ichabod's disappearance from Sleepy Hollow?
(a) That Ichabod lives in a neighboring town.
(b) That Ichabod Crane is alive and well.
(c) That Ichabod's body has been found.
(d) That Ichabod plans to return to Sleepy Hollow.
7. When Ichabod reaches the road to Sleepy Hollow, what does Gunpowder do?
(a) Resist and buck.
(b) Resist and stop.
(c) Resist and made another turn.
(d) Resist and whine.
8. How does the narrator describe the farmers at Van Tassel's party?
(a) Handsome hunks.
(b) A group of well worn men.
(c) Good old boys.
(d) As a leather-faced race.
9. What type of man is Ichabod Crane?
10. When Ichabod meets the dark figure, what does he do?
(a) He turns and goes the opposite way.
(b) He trots toward the rider.
(c) He demands to know the rider's identity.
(d) He whips Gunpowder.
11. Who brings the invitation for the Van Tassel's to Ichabod?
(a) Van Ripper.
(b) An unnamed character.
(c) Katrina Van Tassel.
(d) Bultrus Van Tassel.
12. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's students' voices at the schoolhouse to?
(a) The roaring of lions.
(b) The whimpering of puppies.
(c) The growling of dogs.
(d) The hum of a beehive.
13. What is Katrina known to have the prettiest of in all the countryside?
(d) Foot and ankle.
14. According to the narrator, what is Ichabod very good at doing?
(a) Getting what he wants.
(c) Protecting Sleepy Hollow.
(d) Helping out with difficult tasks.
15. Who founded the area around Sleepy Hollow?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Dutch.
(c) The British.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whenever someone speaks of Ichabod Crane, what does Brom do?
2. What insect does the narrator compare Ichabod's elbows while mounted on Gunpowder?
3. What kind of area is Sleepy Hollow?
4. What does Katrina say to Ichabod after the party?
5. What happens to Ichabod's heart as he eats at the Van Tassel's party?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)