|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He sends his students home early.
(b) He tutors them.
(c) He disciplines them.
(d) He gives them extra homework.
2. What is Van Brunt known for?
(a) His great strength.
(b) His great knowledge.
(c) His ability to use a sword.
(d) His hunting skills.
3. How old is Katrina Van Tassel?
4. What is Ichabod's focus from the moment he visits the Van Tassel's home?
(a) To steal the Van Tassel's farm.
(b) To sing in front of Katrina.
(c) To win Katrina's hand in marriage.
(d) To defeat the Headless Horseman.
5. What other topic does Ichabod show great interest in learning?
(a) The occult.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The geography of New York State.
(d) The facts about Sleepy Hollow.
6. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
(a) He's a school teacher.
(b) He's a preacher.
(c) He's a doctor.
(d) He's a mechanic.
7. What does Brom's horse say about him?
(a) He is Satan.
(b) He takes chances.
(c) He is mischievous.
(d) He is a devil.
8. Where is Ichabod originally from?
(b) New York City.
9. Which character values Katrina more than a pipe?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
10. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) With a sword fight.
(b) With a duel.
(c) With brute force.
(d) With a hunting contest.
11. What is the one thing Katrina is known to do?
12. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
(a) By tending to their small children.
(b) By disciplining their children.
(c) By teaching their children.
(d) By singing to their children.
13. Who does Katrina whirl around and dance with?
(a) A teenager.
(b) Her father.
14. When does the Headless Horseman make his runs through the village?
(a) At night.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At sunset.
(d) At daybreak.
15. Which of his students does Ichabod discriminately apply discipline?
(a) The strong children.
(b) The weak children.
(c) The children who don't bring an apple.
(d) The unmotivated students.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the homeowners of Sleepy Hollow hear singing psalms at night?
2. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
3. Many men are contenders for Katrina's hand. Which of the following is one of them?
4. What is the name of the horse Ichabod is given to ride?
5. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)