|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country are the descendants of Sleepy Hollow from?
(a) The Neverlands.
2. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
(a) Brom Brom.
(b) Burly Van Brunt.
(c) Heavy hitter.
(d) Brom Bones.
3. Van Brunt is known in Sleepy Hollow for being what?
(a) Hurting others.
(c) Fit and fun.
4. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
(a) Mrs. Van Tassel.
(d) The food.
5. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
6. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
(a) The churchyard.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The cemetery.
7. What does Ichabod do to quell his fears when walking home at night?
(a) Carry a lantern.
(c) Talk to himself.
(d) Sing psalms.
8. What is one thing Brom Bones does to Ichabod to try to get him to stop seeking Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) Post a threatening letter.
(b) Smoke out the school house.
(c) Beat him up.
(d) Smash the school house door.
9. In what war does the Headless Horseman fight?
(a) The Revoluntionary War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The French and Indian War.
10. What is Van Brunt known for?
(a) His great knowledge.
(b) His hunting skills.
(c) His great strength.
(d) His ability to use a sword.
11. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
(a) The animal resists.
(b) It moves backward.
(c) It moves around in circles.
(d) It moves ahead.
12. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
(a) He's a doctor.
(b) He's a mechanic.
(c) He's a school teacher.
(d) He's a preacher.
13. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Bald and medium build.
(b) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
(c) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
(d) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
14. What is the name of the horse Ichabod is given to ride?
15. What is the cabin's construction compared to in the story?
(a) An eelpot.
(b) A home.
(c) A slippery slope.
(d) A crooked cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is impressive about the Van Tassel's home?
2. What does Ichabod's physical features mimic?
3. According to the legend, where does the Headless Horseman appear each night?
4. Many men are contenders for Katrina's hand. Which of the following is one of them?
5. Several stories speak of sightings and abduction of whom?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)