|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ichabod's real love?
2. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
(a) Burly Van Brunt.
(b) Heavy hitter.
(c) Brom Bones.
(d) Brom Brom.
3. What does the narrator believe about Sleepy Hollow's people and their customs?
(a) They are fun.
(b) They do not change.
(c) They are full of modernization.
(d) Their customs evolve over time.
4. What other topic does Ichabod show great interest in learning?
(a) The geography of New York State.
(b) The occult.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The facts about Sleepy Hollow.
5. Who lends Ichabod a horse on the night of the Van Tassel event?
(b) A neighboring farmer.
(c) A student's mother.
(d) A soldier.
6. What country are the descendants of Sleepy Hollow from?
(a) The Neverlands.
7. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
(a) Diedrech Knickerbocker.
(b) Brom Bones.
(c) Katrina Van Tassel.
(d) Ichabod Crane.
8. In what war does the Headless Horseman fight?
(a) The French and Indian War.
(b) The Revoluntionary War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
9. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
10. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
(a) The story of the Revolutionary War.
(b) The story of the first Dutch settlers.
(c) The story of the Hollow's ancestors.
(d) The legend of the Headless Horseman.
11. What do Brom Bones and Ichabod Crane have in common?
(a) They both hunt.
(b) They both want to marry Katrina.
(c) They both want to defeat the Headless Horseman.
(d) They both want to buy a house.
12. What is Ichabod's favorite thing to do?
13. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
(b) Bald and medium build.
(c) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
(d) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
14. What is Ichabod's focus from the moment he visits the Van Tassel's home?
(a) To defeat the Headless Horseman.
(b) To sing in front of Katrina.
(c) To steal the Van Tassel's farm.
(d) To win Katrina's hand in marriage.
15. What is one force greater than the Devil that was to be feared?
(c) Brom Bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the horse known to do when around a horse of the opposite sex?
2. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
3. What does Ichabod take a long time doing before going to the Van Tassel event?
4. What is Ichabod invited to do at the Van Tassel's home?
5. What does Baltus Van Tassel do to support his family?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)