|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ichabod's favorite thing to do?
2. What does the author compare Ichabod to?
(a) An explorer.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A knight.
(d) A squire.
3. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Bald and medium build.
(b) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
(c) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
(d) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
4. What other area does Ichabod instruct students?
(d) Map making.
5. What are the boys from Sleepy Hollow called?
(a) The Sleepy Hollow Boys.
(b) Sleepy Hollow Merrimakers.
(c) Hollow Hunters.
(d) Sleepy Skaters.
6. What does Brom Bones tell the other men he does with the Headless Horseman?
(a) Fight him and escaped.
(b) Find his head for the Horseman.
(c) Stop the Horseman from taking someone's head.
(d) Race against him on Daredevil.
7. According to the narrator, this region of Sleepy Hollow "breathed forth" what kind of atmosphere?
(a) Dreams and fancies.
8. Where is the church located?
(a) By a river.
(b) Isolated near a farm.
(c) In the center of town.
(d) Isolated and nearby trees were shourd in darkness.
9. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
(a) The Van Tassel's home.
(b) The Van Brunt home.
(c) The Van Tassel's livestock.
(d) The Van Tassel's farm.
10. In Ichabod's imagination, what does natural sights and sounds become as he walked home at night?
(a) Ghosts and phantasms.
(d) His imagination.
11. What is the horse known to do when around a horse of the opposite sex?
(a) Quickly discharge.
(b) Fall asleep.
(d) Gallop slowly.
12. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
(a) The preacher.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The milkman.
(d) His older boy students.
13. What day does the narrator find Sleepy Hollow?
14. What is Ichabod's focus from the moment he visits the Van Tassel's home?
(a) To defeat the Headless Horseman.
(b) To steal the Van Tassel's farm.
(c) To sing in front of Katrina.
(d) To win Katrina's hand in marriage.
15. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cabin's construction compared to in the story?
2. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
3. What does Baltus Van Tassel do to support his family?
4. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
5. Neighbors usually dismiss the antics and disturbances of whom?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)