|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country are the descendants of Sleepy Hollow from?
(b) The Neverlands.
2. How old is Katrina Van Tassel?
3. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
(a) The Van Brunt home.
(b) The Van Tassel's livestock.
(c) The Van Tassel's home.
(d) The Van Tassel's farm.
4. According to the narrator, this region of Sleepy Hollow "breathed forth" what kind of atmosphere?
(a) Dreams and fancies.
5. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
(b) The food.
(d) Mrs. Van Tassel.
6. What does Ichabod take a long time doing before going to the Van Tassel event?
(a) He washes his horse.
(b) He takes great care in his appearance.
(c) He cuts his hair.
(d) He eats a big meal.
7. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He tutors them.
(b) He disciplines them.
(c) He gives them extra homework.
(d) He sends his students home early.
8. When does the Headless Horseman make his runs through the village?
(a) At night.
(b) At sunset.
(c) At daybreak.
(d) At midnight.
9. What other area does Ichabod instruct students?
(c) Map making.
10. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
(a) He is beheaded by a cannon.
(b) He is beheaded by a sword.
(c) He is beheaded by an ax.
(d) He is beheaded by a dagger.
11. Whose mouth "...watered as he looed upon this sumptous promise of luxurious winter fare?"
12. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
(a) To the place of his death.
(b) To his horse.
(c) To his grave in the cemetery.
(d) To his mother's home.
13. What is Ichabod's real love?
14. What does Brom's horse say about him?
(a) He is a devil.
(b) He is mischievous.
(c) He is Satan.
(d) He takes chances.
15. Van Brunt is known in Sleepy Hollow for being what?
(b) Fit and fun.
(c) Hurting others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
2. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
3. What is Van Brunt known for?
4. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
5. In what war does the Headless Horseman fight?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)