|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
(b) Mrs. Van Tassel.
(d) The food.
2. Who does Katrina whirl around and dance with?
(a) Her father.
(c) A teenager.
3. What are the animals doing as Ichabod makes his way from his schoolhouse to the Van Tassel home?
(a) Scurrying to gather food for the winter.
(d) Chasing the horse.
4. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
(a) A sorcerer.
(b) A witch.
(c) A German doctor.
(d) A French ghost.
5. What is the time period of the story?
6. What other topic does Ichabod show great interest in learning?
(a) The occult.
(b) The facts about Sleepy Hollow.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The geography of New York State.
7. What is the one thing Katrina is known to do?
8. What day does the narrator find Sleepy Hollow?
9. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The churchyard.
(d) The cemetery.
10. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) His older boy students.
(c) The milkman.
(d) The preacher.
11. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
(a) By tending to their small children.
(b) By singing to their children.
(c) By teaching their children.
(d) By disciplining their children.
12. Van Brunt is known in Sleepy Hollow for being what?
(b) Hurting others.
(d) Fit and fun.
13. What do Brom Bones and Ichabod Crane have in common?
(a) They both hunt.
(b) They both want to buy a house.
(c) They both want to defeat the Headless Horseman.
(d) They both want to marry Katrina.
14. Which character's home is "bursting forth with the treasures of the farm"?
(b) Van Tassel's.
15. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) With brute force.
(b) With a sword fight.
(c) With a duel.
(d) With a hunting contest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his students does Ichabod discriminately apply discipline?
2. Where is Ichabod originally from?
3. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
4. What does Ichabod take a long time doing before going to the Van Tassel event?
5. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)