|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Brom Bones does to Ichabod to try to get him to stop seeking Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) Beat him up.
(b) Smash the school house door.
(c) Smoke out the school house.
(d) Post a threatening letter.
2. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The preacher.
(c) The milkman.
(d) His older boy students.
3. What does the narrator believe about Sleepy Hollow's people and their customs?
(a) They are full of modernization.
(b) They are fun.
(c) They do not change.
(d) Their customs evolve over time.
4. What does the author refer to Van Tassel's home as?
(a) A castle.
(b) A palace.
(c) A home.
(d) An estate.
5. What are the boys from Sleepy Hollow called?
(a) The Sleepy Hollow Boys.
(b) Sleepy Skaters.
(c) Hollow Hunters.
(d) Sleepy Hollow Merrimakers.
6. What are the animals doing as Ichabod makes his way from his schoolhouse to the Van Tassel home?
(a) Chasing the horse.
(b) Scurrying to gather food for the winter.
7. What other topic does Ichabod show great interest in learning?
(a) The geography of New York State.
(b) The facts about Sleepy Hollow.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The occult.
8. Where is Ichabod originally from?
(b) New York City.
9. What does Brom Bones tell the other men he does with the Headless Horseman?
(a) Race against him on Daredevil.
(b) Fight him and escaped.
(c) Stop the Horseman from taking someone's head.
(d) Find his head for the Horseman.
10. What does Brom Bones's dog do when Ichabod sings?
11. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He sends his students home early.
(b) He tutors them.
(c) He gives them extra homework.
(d) He disciplines them.
12. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
13. When does the Headless Horseman make his runs through the village?
(a) At daybreak.
(b) At midnight.
(c) At sunset.
(d) At night.
14. What is Ichabod's favorite thing to do?
15. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
(a) The Van Brunt home.
(b) The Van Tassel's farm.
(c) The Van Tassel's livestock.
(d) The Van Tassel's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, this region of Sleepy Hollow "breathed forth" what kind of atmosphere?
2. Which character values Katrina more than a pipe?
3. What is Ichabod's focus from the moment he visits the Van Tassel's home?
4. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
5. Van Brunt is known in Sleepy Hollow for being what?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)