|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
(a) Ghost stories.
(b) Love stories.
(c) Hunting stories.
(d) Fishing stories.
2. Many men are contenders for Katrina's hand. Which of the following is one of them?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Headless Horseman.
(d) Brom Van Brunt.
3. What is the one adjective the author uses to describe Van Brunt?
4. What is the one thing Katrina is known to do?
5. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
(a) Five years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
6. Who lends Ichabod a horse on the night of the Van Tassel event?
(b) A soldier.
(c) A neighboring farmer.
(d) A student's mother.
7. What does Ichabod hope to gain from Katrina?
(a) Marriage and wealth.
(b) Marriage and limitless food.
(c) Marriage and lots of children.
(d) Marriage and a new home.
8. Whom does the homeowners of Sleepy Hollow hear singing psalms at night?
(a) Katrina Van Tassel.
(b) Ichabod Crane.
(c) Brom Bones.
(d) Headless Horseman.
9. What does Brom Bones's dog do when Ichabod sings?
10. What do Brom Bones and his boys do to the school house furniture?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Take it out of the school.
(c) Move it around.
(d) Sell it.
11. What is growing near the schoolhouse?
(a) A garden.
(b) A birch tree.
(c) An oak tree.
12. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
(a) Kathy Crane.
(b) Dutch wife.
(c) Katrina Van Tassel.
(d) Emily Shoemaker.
13. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
(a) A sorcerer.
(b) A French ghost.
(c) A German doctor.
(d) A witch.
14. What is impressive about the Van Tassel's home?
(a) It is historic.
(b) It has expensive furnishings and ornaments.
(c) It has been built by slaves.
(d) It has electricity.
15. How old is Katrina Van Tassel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What other area does Ichabod instruct students?
2. What is Ichabod's favorite thing to do?
3. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
4. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
5. What river is Sleepy Hollow beside?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)