|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Van Brunt known for?
(a) His great strength.
(b) His hunting skills.
(c) His great knowledge.
(d) His ability to use a sword.
2. What country are the descendants of Sleepy Hollow from?
(a) The Neverlands.
3. What is the one adjective the author uses to describe Van Brunt?
4. What is the horse known to do when around a horse of the opposite sex?
(b) Quickly discharge.
(c) Gallop slowly.
(d) Fall asleep.
5. When does the Headless Horseman make his runs through the village?
(a) At sunset.
(b) At daybreak.
(c) At night.
(d) At midnight.
6. Whom does Ichabod spend most of his evenings with and listen to regional tales of the marvelous and unexplainable?
(a) Dutch wives.
(d) Dutch husbands.
7. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) With a hunting contest.
(b) With a sword fight.
(c) With a duel.
(d) With brute force.
8. What is impressive about the Van Tassel's home?
(a) It is historic.
(b) It has expensive furnishings and ornaments.
(c) It has been built by slaves.
(d) It has electricity.
9. What river is Sleepy Hollow beside?
(a) The Styxx River.
(b) The New York River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Hudson River.
10. What is the name of the horse Ichabod is given to ride?
11. What is one thing Ichabod helps the farmers do?
(a) Bale hay.
(b) Cut wood.
(c) Load wagons.
(d) Sing songs.
12. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
(a) He's a preacher.
(b) He's a school teacher.
(c) He's a doctor.
(d) He's a mechanic.
13. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
(a) Five years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Thirty years.
14. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
15. What is Ichabod invited to do at the Van Tassel's home?
(a) Tutor Katrina.
(c) Come to a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
2. What is the narrator doing the day he happens upon Sleepy Hollow?
3. How old is Katrina Van Tassel?
4. Several stories speak of sightings and abduction of whom?
5. What day does the narrator find Sleepy Hollow?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)