|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brom Bones and his boys do to the school house furniture?
(a) Take it out of the school.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Move it around.
2. What does Brom Bones tell the other men he does with the Headless Horseman?
(a) Stop the Horseman from taking someone's head.
(b) Find his head for the Horseman.
(c) Race against him on Daredevil.
(d) Fight him and escaped.
3. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
(a) Love stories.
(b) Fishing stories.
(c) Ghost stories.
(d) Hunting stories.
4. How old is Katrina Van Tassel?
5. In what war does the Headless Horseman fight?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Revoluntionary War.
(c) The French and Indian War.
(d) World War I.
6. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
(a) The Van Tassel's farm.
(b) The Van Brunt home.
(c) The Van Tassel's livestock.
(d) The Van Tassel's home.
7. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
(a) He's a doctor.
(b) He's a mechanic.
(c) He's a preacher.
(d) He's a school teacher.
8. Where is the church located?
(a) Isolated and nearby trees were shourd in darkness.
(b) In the center of town.
(c) By a river.
(d) Isolated near a farm.
9. In Ichabod's imagination, what does natural sights and sounds become as he walked home at night?
(b) His imagination.
(d) Ghosts and phantasms.
10. Whom does the homeowners of Sleepy Hollow hear singing psalms at night?
(a) Ichabod Crane.
(b) Headless Horseman.
(c) Brom Bones.
(d) Katrina Van Tassel.
11. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The churchyard.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The bridge.
12. What does Ichabod's physical features mimic?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A giraffe.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A crane.
13. What is one force greater than the Devil that was to be feared?
(b) Brom Bones.
14. What country are the descendants of Sleepy Hollow from?
(c) The Neverlands.
15. According to the legend, where does the Headless Horseman appear each night?
(a) The churchyard.
(b) The woods.
(c) The fields.
(d) The cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other name is The Headless Horseman called?
2. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
3. Several stories speak of sightings and abduction of whom?
4. What color are Ichabod's eyes?
5. What is the narrator doing the day he happens upon Sleepy Hollow?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)