|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ichabod's favorite thing to do?
2. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
(a) Ghost stories.
(b) Love stories.
(c) Fishing stories.
(d) Hunting stories.
3. What is one thing Ichabod helps the farmers do?
(a) Sing songs.
(b) Bale hay.
(c) Load wagons.
(d) Cut wood.
4. Which of his students does Ichabod discriminately apply discipline?
(a) The children who don't bring an apple.
(b) The strong children.
(c) The weak children.
(d) The unmotivated students.
5. Van Brunt is known in Sleepy Hollow for being what?
(b) Fit and fun.
(c) Hurting others.
6. Which character's home is "bursting forth with the treasures of the farm"?
(b) Van Tassel's.
7. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) His older boy students.
(c) The milkman.
(d) The preacher.
8. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He disciplines them.
(b) He tutors them.
(c) He sends his students home early.
(d) He gives them extra homework.
9. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
(a) A French ghost.
(b) A sorcerer.
(c) A German doctor.
(d) A witch.
10. Where does Ichabod live for weeks at a time?
(a) At the church.
(b) At his students' home.
(c) At an inn.
(d) At a castle.
11. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
(a) He is beheaded by a dagger.
(b) He is beheaded by an ax.
(c) He is beheaded by a cannon.
(d) He is beheaded by a sword.
12. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
(a) Brom Bones.
(b) Diedrech Knickerbocker.
(c) Katrina Van Tassel.
(d) Ichabod Crane.
13. How old is Katrina Van Tassel?
14. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
(a) Kathy Crane.
(b) Katrina Van Tassel.
(c) Dutch wife.
(d) Emily Shoemaker.
15. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
(b) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
(c) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
(d) Bald and medium build.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Ichabod's eyes?
2. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
3. What are the boys from Sleepy Hollow called?
4. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
5. What other topic does Ichabod show great interest in learning?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)