|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
(a) Dutch wife.
(b) Kathy Crane.
(c) Katrina Van Tassel.
(d) Emily Shoemaker.
2. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
(a) He is beheaded by a sword.
(b) He is beheaded by a cannon.
(c) He is beheaded by an ax.
(d) He is beheaded by a dagger.
3. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
(a) Love stories.
(b) Fishing stories.
(c) Hunting stories.
(d) Ghost stories.
4. What river is Sleepy Hollow beside?
(a) The Styxx River.
(b) The Hudson River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The New York River.
5. Where is Ichabod originally from?
(d) New York City.
6. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
(a) He's a school teacher.
(b) He's a preacher.
(c) He's a mechanic.
(d) He's a doctor.
7. What do Brom Bones and Ichabod Crane have in common?
(a) They both want to defeat the Headless Horseman.
(b) They both hunt.
(c) They both want to marry Katrina.
(d) They both want to buy a house.
8. What does Brom Bones's dog do when Ichabod sings?
9. What is the narrator doing the day he happens upon Sleepy Hollow?
10. What is growing near the schoolhouse?
(a) An oak tree.
(b) A garden.
(d) A birch tree.
11. What does the narrator believe about Sleepy Hollow's people and their customs?
(a) They are fun.
(b) They do not change.
(c) Their customs evolve over time.
(d) They are full of modernization.
12. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
(a) Mrs. Van Tassel.
(d) The food.
13. What does Brom Bones tell the other men he does with the Headless Horseman?
(a) Race against him on Daredevil.
(b) Stop the Horseman from taking someone's head.
(c) Fight him and escaped.
(d) Find his head for the Horseman.
14. Many men are contenders for Katrina's hand. Which of the following is one of them?
(a) A farmer.
(b) Headless Horseman.
(c) Brom Van Brunt.
(d) A doctor.
15. In what war does the Headless Horseman fight?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Revoluntionary War.
(c) The French and Indian War.
(d) The Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
2. What is one thing Brom Bones does to Ichabod to try to get him to stop seeking Katrina's hand in marriage?
3. Neighbors usually dismiss the antics and disturbances of whom?
4. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
5. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)