|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ichabod invited to do at the Van Tassel's home?
(b) Come to a party.
(d) Tutor Katrina.
2. Which character values Katrina more than a pipe?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
3. What is Ichabod's real love?
4. What do Brom Bones and his boys do to the school house furniture?
(a) Take it out of the school.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Move it around.
5. Where does Ichabod live for weeks at a time?
(a) At a castle.
(b) At an inn.
(c) At the church.
(d) At his students' home.
6. What do Brom Bones and Ichabod Crane have in common?
(a) They both want to buy a house.
(b) They both want to defeat the Headless Horseman.
(c) They both want to marry Katrina.
(d) They both hunt.
7. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He sends his students home early.
(b) He gives them extra homework.
(c) He tutors them.
(d) He disciplines them.
8. What does the author refer to Van Tassel's home as?
(a) A castle.
(b) A palace.
(c) A home.
(d) An estate.
9. In what war does the Headless Horseman fight?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Revoluntionary War.
(d) The French and Indian War.
10. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
(a) The food.
(d) Mrs. Van Tassel.
11. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
(a) A rod.
(b) A belt.
(c) A wooden paddle.
(d) Birch switches.
12. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
(a) It moves ahead.
(b) It moves around in circles.
(c) The animal resists.
(d) It moves backward.
13. What is impressive about the Van Tassel's home?
(a) It has electricity.
(b) It has been built by slaves.
(c) It has expensive furnishings and ornaments.
(d) It is historic.
14. What is one thing Ichabod helps the farmers do?
(a) Load wagons.
(b) Cut wood.
(c) Bale hay.
(d) Sing songs.
15. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
(a) To his horse.
(b) To the place of his death.
(c) To his grave in the cemetery.
(d) To his mother's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
2. Who does Katrina whirl around and dance with?
3. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
4. What are the boys from Sleepy Hollow called?
5. What is Ichabod's focus from the moment he visits the Van Tassel's home?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)