|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are Ichabod's eyes?
2. What animal does Ichabod resemble as he sits astride the horse with his angled limbs protruding awkwardly?
(a) A bear.
(b) A snake.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A bird.
3. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
(a) Birch switches.
(b) A belt.
(c) A rod.
(d) A wooden paddle.
4. What is Van Brunt known for?
(a) His hunting skills.
(b) His great strength.
(c) His great knowledge.
(d) His ability to use a sword.
5. Whom does Ichabod spend most of his evenings with and listen to regional tales of the marvelous and unexplainable?
(a) Dutch husbands.
(b) Dutch wives.
6. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He gives them extra homework.
(b) He tutors them.
(c) He disciplines them.
(d) He sends his students home early.
7. What is impressive about the Van Tassel's home?
(a) It is historic.
(b) It has been built by slaves.
(c) It has expensive furnishings and ornaments.
(d) It has electricity.
8. What season is it in Sleepy Hollow the night of the Van Tassel event?
9. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
(a) Dutch wife.
(b) Katrina Van Tassel.
(c) Kathy Crane.
(d) Emily Shoemaker.
10. What is the horse known to do when around a horse of the opposite sex?
(a) Quickly discharge.
(c) Gallop slowly.
(d) Fall asleep.
11. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
(a) Burly Van Brunt.
(b) Brom Bones.
(c) Heavy hitter.
(d) Brom Brom.
12. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Thirty years.
13. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) With a hunting contest.
(b) With a duel.
(c) With brute force.
(d) With a sword fight.
14. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
(a) The milkman.
(b) His older boy students.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The blacksmith.
15. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
(a) It moves ahead.
(b) It moves around in circles.
(c) It moves backward.
(d) The animal resists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brom Bones's dog do when Ichabod sings?
2. What does the Headless Horseman search for in the village each day?
3. What does Ichabod take a long time doing before going to the Van Tassel event?
4. When does the Headless Horseman make his runs through the village?
5. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)