1. What qualifies the tale at the beginning of the story?
What qualifies the tale at the beginning of the story is the statement from the deceased individual.
2. What is the purpose of the poem?
The poem's purpose is to set the tone of Sleepy Hollow as a mythical and sleepy place.
3. What is the purpose of describing Tarry Town before actually talking about Sleepy Hollow where the story takes place?
The purpose of describing Tarry Town is because it is the place between Sleepy Hollow and the Van Tassel's farm where Ichabod is chased by the Headless Horseman.
4. Why is the place called Tarry Town?
The town is called Tarry Town because husbands from neighboring towns like to stay at the taverns on market days.
5. Why is Sleepy Hollow considered untouched by time?
Sleepy Hollow is considered untouched by time because the residents haven't given in to modern conveniences or attitudes.
This section contains 2,292 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)