|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Brom, the Headless Horseman vanishes in what manner?
(a) In a bolt of lightening.
(b) In a circle of light.
(c) In a thunderstorm.
(d) In a flash of fire.
2. What does the narrator believe about Sleepy Hollow's people and their customs?
(a) They are full of modernization.
(b) They are fun.
(c) Their customs evolve over time.
(d) They do not change.
3. What does Ichabod do between services on Sunday?
(a) Cook food.
(b) Sing with the parson.
(c) Visit with the available women.
(d) Read the Bible.
4. In Brom's tale of the Hessian, what town has he returned from?
(a) Tarry Town.
(b) New York.
(c) Sing Sing.
(d) Hudson Village.
5. What is one thing Brom Bones does to Ichabod to try to get him to stop seeking Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) Smash the school house door.
(b) Smoke out the school house.
(c) Beat him up.
(d) Post a threatening letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
2. What is Ichabod invited to do at the Van Tassel's home?
3. What is the name of Katrina's mother?
4. Whom does Ichabod spend most of his evenings with and listen to regional tales of the marvelous and unexplainable?
5. What are the boys from Sleepy Hollow called?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)