|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the musician at the Van Tassel's party?
(a) The preacher.
(b) A gray-haired elderly man.
(c) Brom Bones.
(d) Van Ripper.
2. According to the narrator, this region of Sleepy Hollow "breathed forth" what kind of atmosphere?
(b) Dreams and fancies.
3. What does Ichabod lose while riding Gunpowder?
(a) His saddle.
(b) His hat.
(c) His bag.
(d) His purse.
4. Who do the old country women believe haunt the area?
(c) Van Ripper.
5. What does Ichabod do to the horse when it behaves badly?
(a) Whip the horse.
(b) Get a new horse.
(c) Yell at the horse.
(d) Get off the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ichabod believes he will be safe from the Headless Horseman if he makes it to where?
2. Where does the women in white haunt?
3. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
4. As the narrator tells the events of Van Tassel's party, he refers to himself as what?
5. What does the author compare Ichabod to?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)