|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
(a) A rod.
(b) A belt.
(c) A wooden paddle.
(d) Birch switches.
2. What do the country people hear haunting through the village?
(c) Ichabod melodious psalms.
3. What other name is The Headless Horseman called?
(a) Headless Harry.
(b) Headless Rider.
(c) Galloping Giant.
(d) Galloping Hessian.
4. Who do the old country women believe haunt the area?
(d) Van Ripper.
5. What is Katrina known to have the prettiest of in all the countryside?
(b) Foot and ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ichabod spend most of his evenings with and listen to regional tales of the marvelous and unexplainable?
2. What is the tone of the story?
3. What does Ichabod hope to gain from Katrina?
4. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
5. As the narrator tells the events of Van Tassel's party, he refers to himself as what?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)