|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landmark is named after Major Andre?
(a) A tulip tree.
(b) A road.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A brook.
2. What does a visiting farmer bring news of years later, after Ichabod's disappearance from Sleepy Hollow?
(a) That Ichabod Crane is alive and well.
(b) That Ichabod lives in a neighboring town.
(c) That Ichabod plans to return to Sleepy Hollow.
(d) That Ichabod's body has been found.
3. What knocks Ichabod from his horse and into the ground?
(a) The Headless Horseman's head.
(b) A ball.
(c) A bat.
(d) A rock.
4. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's students' voices at the schoolhouse to?
(a) The hum of a beehive.
(b) The roaring of lions.
(c) The whimpering of puppies.
(d) The growling of dogs.
5. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
(a) The Van Tassel's livestock.
(b) The Van Tassel's farm.
(c) The Van Tassel's home.
(d) The Van Brunt home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
2. Where is Ichabod's 'realm'?
3. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
4. What is Ichabod's greatest fear of encountering when walking home at night?
5. Who founded Sleepy Hollow?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)