|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
(a) A French ghost.
(b) A German doctor.
(c) A sorcerer.
(d) A witch.
2. What is Ichabod's focus from the moment he visits the Van Tassel's home?
(a) To steal the Van Tassel's farm.
(b) To sing in front of Katrina.
(c) To defeat the Headless Horseman.
(d) To win Katrina's hand in marriage.
3. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
(b) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
(c) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
(d) Bald and medium build.
4. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
(a) A belt.
(b) A wooden paddle.
(c) A rod.
(d) Birch switches.
5. What do the villagers believe happened to Ichabod?
(a) The Headless Horseman took him away.
(b) The Headless Horseman took his head.
(c) The Headless Horseman raced him to death.
(d) The Headless Horseman killed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Brom Bones and Ichabod Crane have in common?
2. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
3. Who founded the area around Sleepy Hollow?
4. What country are the descendants of Sleepy Hollow from?
5. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)