|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real name of Tarry Town?
(a) Sleepy Hollow.
(d) Tarry Towne.
2. Whose tales does Ichabod tell to the group of men at the party?
(a) Washington Irving.
(b) Van Ripper.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Cotton Mather.
3. Whom does the homeowners of Sleepy Hollow hear singing psalms at night?
(a) Brom Bones.
(b) Katrina Van Tassel.
(c) Headless Horseman.
(d) Ichabod Crane.
4. What does Ichabod try to get Gunpowder to do as they gallop away from the dark figure?
(a) He tries to fed him.
(b) He tries to sell him.
(c) He tries to spur him on.
(d) He tries to return him.
5. What is the cabin's construction compared to in the story?
(a) An eelpot.
(b) A home.
(c) A slippery slope.
(d) A crooked cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
2. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
3. Which character's home is "bursting forth with the treasures of the farm"?
4. What does Van Ripper do with Ichabod's belongings?
5. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)