|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of the story?
(a) Dark and somber.
(d) Loving and light.
2. Whom begins to ride along Ichabod as he and Gunpowder head home after the Van Tassel party?
(a) The dark horse and rider.
(b) Brom and Daredevil.
3. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The churchyard.
4. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
(a) Heavy hitter.
(b) Burly Van Brunt.
(c) Brom Bones.
(d) Brom Brom.
5. What knocks Ichabod from his horse and into the ground?
(a) A rock.
(b) The Headless Horseman's head.
(c) A ball.
(d) A bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brom, the Headless Horseman vanishes in what manner?
2. How old is Katrina Van Tassel?
3. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
4. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
5. What do the villagers believe happened to Ichabod?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)