|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Ichabod reaches the bridge, what item does the dark rider throw at him to knock him to the ground?
(a) A ball.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A head.
(d) A letter.
2. What knocks Ichabod from his horse and into the ground?
(a) A ball.
(b) The Headless Horseman's head.
(c) A bat.
(d) A rock.
3. When is the story published?
4. What does the author refer to Van Tassel's home as?
(a) A palace.
(b) A home.
(c) A castle.
(d) An estate.
5. What does the narrator likens Brom's attempts at courting to?
(a) To the gentle caresses of a sword.
(b) To the gentle caresses of a bear.
(c) To the cawing of a crow.
(d) To the clawing of a wolverine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other area does Ichabod instruct students?
2. What does Ichabod hope to gain from Katrina?
3. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
4. Many men are contenders for Katrina's hand. Which of the following is one of them?
5. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)