|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wiley's swamp?
(a) An area outside of Sleepy Hollow.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A marshy, thick-wooden glen.
(d) A pretend playground for children.
2. Which character values Katrina more than a pipe?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
3. How is Ichabod able to spread gossip?
(a) By sending notes home with students.
(b) By boarding from house to house.
(c) By spending time with women on Sunday.
(d) By sending letters.
4. What is the name of Katrina's mother?
(a) Selena Van Tassel.
(b) Mabel Van Tassel.
(c) Bultrus Van Tassel.
(d) Mynheer Van Tassel.
5. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
(a) Brom Bones.
(b) Katrina Van Tassel.
(c) Diedrech Knickerbocker.
(d) Ichabod Crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
2. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
3. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
4. What knocks Ichabod from his horse and into the ground?
5. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)