|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says that Van Brunt is always ready for what?
2. In Ichabod's imagination, what does natural sights and sounds become as he walked home at night?
(a) His imagination.
(b) Ghosts and phantasms.
3. A new path leads Ichabod, Gunpowder, and his mysterious rider to what location?
(a) The church.
(b) The schoolhouse.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) A farm.
4. What is the real name of Tarry Town?
(b) Tarry Towne.
(c) Sleepy Hollow.
5. What object towers like a giant above all the neighborhood trees outside of Sleepy Hollow?
(a) A watchtower.
(b) A tulip tree.
(c) A farmhouse.
(d) A lighthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a visiting farmer bring news of years later, after Ichabod's disappearance from Sleepy Hollow?
2. What is the name of the horse Ichabod is given to ride?
3. The narrator refers to Ichabod as a what?
4. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
5. The narrator states that Ichabod's feet serve as what?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)