|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ichabod spend most of his evenings with and listen to regional tales of the marvelous and unexplainable?
(a) Dutch husbands.
(b) Dutch wives.
2. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Sixteen years.
3. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
(a) Ghost stories.
(b) Hunting stories.
(c) Love stories.
(d) Fishing stories.
4. What does the author consider to be a quest for Ichabod?
(a) Breaking the school house's cabin.
(b) Winning Katrina's hand in marriage.
(c) Defeating the Headless Horseman.
(d) Winning the right to sing in front of the church.
5. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's pliability and perseverance to?
(a) A birch tree.
(b) A wilting flower.
(c) A supple jack.
(d) A thick rope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator likens Brom's attempts at courting to?
2. In Ichabod's imagination, what does natural sights and sounds become as he walked home at night?
3. What is the real name of Tarry Town?
4. Who is Gunpowder's owner?
5. What do the villagers believe happened to Ichabod?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)