|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the architect of Ichabod's schoolhouse?
(a) Ichabod Crane.
(b) Van Brunt.
(c) Yost Van Houten.
(d) Van Ripper.
2. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Bald and medium build.
(b) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
(c) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
(d) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
3. What book has Ichabod mastered?
(a) A History of the English People.
(b) History of New England Witchcraft.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A History of the American Revolution.
4. What does the narrator likens Brom's attempts at courting to?
(a) To the gentle caresses of a sword.
(b) To the cawing of a crow.
(c) To the gentle caresses of a bear.
(d) To the clawing of a wolverine.
5. What happens to Ichabod's heart as he eats at the Van Tassel's party?
(a) It beats faster at the idea of eating more food.
(b) It grows small with jealousy.
(c) It grows larger with hunger.
(d) His heart dilates in proportion to his good cheer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gunpowder's owner?
2. Under what cover does Ichabod pursue Katrina?
3. Which character's home is "bursting forth with the treasures of the farm"?
4. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
5. What does the author consider to be a quest for Ichabod?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)