|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, the papers are found amongst whose belongings?
(a) Van Tassel's will.
(b) A dead man.
(c) Ichabod Crane's belongings.
(d) A letter to the court.
2. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
3. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
(a) Kathy Crane.
(b) Katrina Van Tassel.
(c) Dutch wife.
(d) Emily Shoemaker.
4. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He gives them extra homework.
(b) He disciplines them.
(c) He tutors them.
(d) He sends his students home early.
5. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
(a) The animal resists.
(b) It moves ahead.
(c) It moves backward.
(d) It moves around in circles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a visiting farmer bring news of years later, after Ichabod's disappearance from Sleepy Hollow?
2. Whom begins to ride along Ichabod as he and Gunpowder head home after the Van Tassel party?
3. Whose mouth "...watered as he looed upon this sumptous promise of luxurious winter fare?"
4. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
5. What object towers like a giant above all the neighborhood trees outside of Sleepy Hollow?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)