|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baltus Van Tassel do to support his family?
(a) A profitable general store.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A big productive farm.
(d) A big inn.
2. What prize did Brom say he and the Headless Horseman race for?
(a) A sack of money.
(b) A bowl of punch.
(c) A sword.
(d) Katrina's head.
3. Which demi-god does the narrator compare Brom?
4. When Ichabod reaches the road to Sleepy Hollow, what does Gunpowder do?
(a) Resist and made another turn.
(b) Resist and buck.
(c) Resist and whine.
(d) Resist and stop.
5. A new path leads Ichabod, Gunpowder, and his mysterious rider to what location?
(a) The church.
(b) The schoolhouse.
(c) A farm.
(d) The cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
2. According to Brom, the Headless Horseman vanishes in what manner?
3. What is the narrator doing the day he happens upon Sleepy Hollow?
4. As Ichabod reaches the bridge, what item does the dark rider throw at him to knock him to the ground?
5. What day does the narrator find Sleepy Hollow?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)