|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Sixteen years.
2. How does the narrator describe the farmers at Van Tassel's party?
(a) Good old boys.
(b) A group of well worn men.
(c) As a leather-faced race.
(d) Handsome hunks.
3. What does the narrator likens Brom's attempts at courting to?
(a) To the clawing of a wolverine.
(b) To the cawing of a crow.
(c) To the gentle caresses of a sword.
(d) To the gentle caresses of a bear.
4. What does Ichabod's physical features mimic?
(a) A crane.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A dolphin.
(d) A giraffe.
5. How old is Katrina Van Tassel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ichabod live for weeks at a time?
2. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
3. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
4. As Ichabod reaches the bridge, what item does the dark rider throw at him to knock him to the ground?
5. What success does the old farmer from New York state about Ichabod?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)