|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
(a) Brom Bones.
(b) Heavy hitter.
(c) Brom Brom.
(d) Burly Van Brunt.
2. What other name is The Headless Horseman called?
(a) Galloping Giant.
(b) Headless Rider.
(c) Galloping Hessian.
(d) Headless Harry.
3. What does Ichabod do to quell his fears when walking home at night?
(a) Sing psalms.
(b) Carry a lantern.
(d) Talk to himself.
4. What is one thing Brom Bones does to Ichabod to try to get him to stop seeking Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) Smash the school house door.
(b) Post a threatening letter.
(c) Beat him up.
(d) Smoke out the school house.
5. What is Ichabod's favorite thing to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator doing the day he happens upon Sleepy Hollow?
2. What is the one adjective the author uses to describe Van Brunt?
3. What is the one thing Katrina is known to do?
4. What do Brom Bones and Ichabod Crane have in common?
5. What does Ichabod take a long time doing before going to the Van Tassel event?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)