|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Brom Bones does to Ichabod to try to get him to stop seeking Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) Beat him up.
(b) Smoke out the school house.
(c) Smash the school house door.
(d) Post a threatening letter.
2. What is the time period of the story?
3. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
(b) The food.
(c) Mrs. Van Tassel.
4. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
(a) The story of the Hollow's ancestors.
(b) The story of the Revolutionary War.
(c) The story of the first Dutch settlers.
(d) The legend of the Headless Horseman.
5. Where is the church located?
(a) In the center of town.
(b) Isolated near a farm.
(c) Isolated and nearby trees were shourd in darkness.
(d) By a river.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Headless Horseman make his runs through the village?
2. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
3. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
4. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
5. What animal does Ichabod resemble as he sits astride the horse with his angled limbs protruding awkwardly?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)