|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ichabod originally from?
(c) New York City.
2. Where does Ichabod live for weeks at a time?
(a) At an inn.
(b) At a castle.
(c) At his students' home.
(d) At the church.
3. Van Brunt is known in Sleepy Hollow for being what?
(a) Hurting others.
(c) Fit and fun.
4. Several stories speak of sightings and abduction of whom?
(a) Major Andre.
(c) Brom Bones.
(d) A wounded soldier.
5. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
(a) A rod.
(b) A wooden paddle.
(c) A belt.
(d) Birch switches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is impressive about the Van Tassel's home?
2. Whose mouth "...watered as he looed upon this sumptous promise of luxurious winter fare?"
3. What are the animals doing as Ichabod makes his way from his schoolhouse to the Van Tassel home?
4. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
5. Whom does the homeowners of Sleepy Hollow hear singing psalms at night?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)