|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
(a) Five years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Twenty years.
2. What day does the narrator find Sleepy Hollow?
3. Where is the church located?
(a) In the center of town.
(b) Isolated and nearby trees were shourd in darkness.
(c) Isolated near a farm.
(d) By a river.
4. What animal does Ichabod resemble as he sits astride the horse with his angled limbs protruding awkwardly?
(a) A bird.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bear.
(d) A tiger.
5. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
(a) They share battle bravery.
(b) They share beers.
(c) They swap hunting stories.
(d) They smoke pipes together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Headless Horseman search for in the village each day?
2. What is the one thing Katrina is known to do?
3. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
4. Who does Katrina whirl around and dance with?
5. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)