|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other name is The Headless Horseman called?
(a) Headless Rider.
(b) Galloping Hessian.
(c) Headless Harry.
(d) Galloping Giant.
2. Where does Ichabod live for weeks at a time?
(a) At a castle.
(b) At the church.
(c) At an inn.
(d) At his students' home.
3. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
(a) Love stories.
(b) Hunting stories.
(c) Ghost stories.
(d) Fishing stories.
4. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Bald and medium build.
(b) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
(c) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
(d) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
5. Which character's home is "bursting forth with the treasures of the farm"?
(b) Van Tassel's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
2. What do Brom Bones and his boys do to the school house furniture?
3. In what war does the Headless Horseman fight?
4. Which character values Katrina more than a pipe?
5. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)