|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) His older boy students.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The milkman.
2. What other name is The Headless Horseman called?
(a) Headless Harry.
(b) Galloping Hessian.
(c) Headless Rider.
(d) Galloping Giant.
3. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
(a) They swap hunting stories.
(b) They share beers.
(c) They smoke pipes together.
(d) They share battle bravery.
4. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
(a) Ghost stories.
(b) Love stories.
(c) Fishing stories.
(d) Hunting stories.
5. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
(a) By teaching their children.
(b) By singing to their children.
(c) By disciplining their children.
(d) By tending to their small children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod take a long time doing before going to the Van Tassel event?
2. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
3. What country are the descendants of Sleepy Hollow from?
4. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
5. What is Ichabod invited to do at the Van Tassel's home?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)