|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brom Bones and his boys do to the school house furniture?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Move it around.
(d) Take it out of the school.
2. What day does the narrator find Sleepy Hollow?
3. What does Ichabod hope to gain from Katrina?
(a) Marriage and wealth.
(b) Marriage and limitless food.
(c) Marriage and a new home.
(d) Marriage and lots of children.
4. What is Ichabod's focus from the moment he visits the Van Tassel's home?
(a) To steal the Van Tassel's farm.
(b) To win Katrina's hand in marriage.
(c) To sing in front of Katrina.
(d) To defeat the Headless Horseman.
5. What is impressive about the Van Tassel's home?
(a) It has expensive furnishings and ornaments.
(b) It has electricity.
(c) It is historic.
(d) It has been built by slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is growing near the schoolhouse?
2. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
3. What does the author compare Ichabod to?
4. What is one thing Brom Bones does to Ichabod to try to get him to stop seeking Katrina's hand in marriage?
5. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)