|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the church located?
(a) By a river.
(b) In the center of town.
(c) Isolated near a farm.
(d) Isolated and nearby trees were shourd in darkness.
2. According to the legend, where does the Headless Horseman appear each night?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The churchyard.
(c) The fields.
(d) The woods.
3. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
(b) Mrs. Van Tassel.
(c) The food.
4. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Bald and medium build.
(b) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
(c) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
(d) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
5. What do Brom Bones and his boys do to the school house furniture?
(a) Take it out of the school.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Move it around.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says that Van Brunt is always ready for what?
2. Who does Katrina whirl around and dance with?
3. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
4. What is the cabin's construction compared to in the story?
5. What is Ichabod invited to do at the Van Tassel's home?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)