|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
(a) Fishing stories.
(b) Hunting stories.
(c) Ghost stories.
(d) Love stories.
2. What is the cabin's construction compared to in the story?
(a) A home.
(b) A crooked cabin.
(c) An eelpot.
(d) A slippery slope.
3. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
(a) The Van Tassel's home.
(b) The Van Tassel's livestock.
(c) The Van Tassel's farm.
(d) The Van Brunt home.
4. What does Ichabod take a long time doing before going to the Van Tassel event?
(a) He eats a big meal.
(b) He cuts his hair.
(c) He washes his horse.
(d) He takes great care in his appearance.
5. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
(a) Sleepy Hollow.
(c) Tarry Town.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ichabod's favorite thing to do?
2. What do Brom Bones and Ichabod Crane have in common?
3. What does the Headless Horseman search for in the village each day?
4. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
5. What is the one adjective the author uses to describe Van Brunt?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)