|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brom Bones and Ichabod Crane have in common?
(a) They both hunt.
(b) They both want to marry Katrina.
(c) They both want to defeat the Headless Horseman.
(d) They both want to buy a house.
2. What season is it in Sleepy Hollow the night of the Van Tassel event?
3. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
(b) Bald and medium build.
(c) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
(d) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
4. Which of his students does Ichabod discriminately apply discipline?
(a) The unmotivated students.
(b) The weak children.
(c) The strong children.
(d) The children who don't bring an apple.
5. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
(a) New York City.
(b) Sleepy Hollow.
(d) Tarry Town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river is Sleepy Hollow beside?
2. What is the horse known to do when around a horse of the opposite sex?
3. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
4. Many men are contenders for Katrina's hand. Which of the following is one of them?
5. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)