|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
(a) They share beers.
(b) They share battle bravery.
(c) They smoke pipes together.
(d) They swap hunting stories.
2. What does the author refer to Van Tassel's home as?
(a) A castle.
(b) A palace.
(c) An estate.
(d) A home.
3. What is growing near the schoolhouse?
(a) An oak tree.
(b) A birch tree.
(c) A garden.
4. What do Brom Bones and Ichabod Crane have in common?
(a) They both want to marry Katrina.
(b) They both want to defeat the Headless Horseman.
(c) They both want to buy a house.
(d) They both hunt.
5. The author says that Van Brunt is always ready for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
2. What other topic does Ichabod show great interest in learning?
3. What is one thing Brom Bones does to Ichabod to try to get him to stop seeking Katrina's hand in marriage?
4. Neighbors usually dismiss the antics and disturbances of whom?
5. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)