|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's home is "bursting forth with the treasures of the farm"?
(b) Van Tassel's.
2. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
(a) Sleepy Hollow.
(b) New York City.
(c) Tarry Town.
3. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
(a) He is beheaded by an ax.
(b) He is beheaded by a cannon.
(c) He is beheaded by a dagger.
(d) He is beheaded by a sword.
4. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
(a) By singing to their children.
(b) By teaching their children.
(c) By disciplining their children.
(d) By tending to their small children.
5. What river is Sleepy Hollow beside?
(a) The Styxx River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Hudson River.
(d) The New York River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse Ichabod is given to ride?
2. What color are Ichabod's eyes?
3. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
4. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
5. What do Brom Bones and his boys do to the school house furniture?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)