|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
(a) The story of the Revolutionary War.
(b) The legend of the Headless Horseman.
(c) The story of the Hollow's ancestors.
(d) The story of the first Dutch settlers.
2. Which character values Katrina more than a pipe?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
3. What is Ichabod's focus from the moment he visits the Van Tassel's home?
(a) To sing in front of Katrina.
(b) To win Katrina's hand in marriage.
(c) To defeat the Headless Horseman.
(d) To steal the Van Tassel's farm.
4. Whom does Ichabod spend most of his evenings with and listen to regional tales of the marvelous and unexplainable?
(a) Dutch wives.
(d) Dutch husbands.
5. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The preacher.
(c) His older boy students.
(d) The milkman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ichabod resemble as he sits astride the horse with his angled limbs protruding awkwardly?
2. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
3. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
4. The author says that Van Brunt is always ready for what?
5. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)