|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it in Sleepy Hollow the night of the Van Tassel event?
2. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
(a) A wooden paddle.
(b) Birch switches.
(c) A belt.
(d) A rod.
3. Neighbors usually dismiss the antics and disturbances of whom?
(a) Brom Van Brunt.
(c) Katrina Van Tassel.
(d) Ichabod Crane.
4. What does the Headless Horseman search for in the village each day?
(a) His horse.
(b) His head.
(c) His gun.
(d) His wife.
5. What does the author consider to be a quest for Ichabod?
(a) Winning Katrina's hand in marriage.
(b) Winning the right to sing in front of the church.
(c) Defeating the Headless Horseman.
(d) Breaking the school house's cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
2. What is the one thing Katrina is known to do?
3. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
4. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
5. Several stories speak of sightings and abduction of whom?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)