|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the animals doing as Ichabod makes his way from his schoolhouse to the Van Tassel home?
(a) Scurrying to gather food for the winter.
(c) Chasing the horse.
2. What does the author compare Ichabod to?
(a) A squire.
(b) A knight.
(c) An explorer.
(d) A soldier.
3. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He gives them extra homework.
(b) He disciplines them.
(c) He sends his students home early.
(d) He tutors them.
4. What season is it in Sleepy Hollow the night of the Van Tassel event?
5. What is the cabin's construction compared to in the story?
(a) A slippery slope.
(b) An eelpot.
(c) A crooked cabin.
(d) A home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
2. What does Ichabod's physical features mimic?
3. What is Ichabod's real love?
4. What is one thing Ichabod helps the farmers do?
5. What country are the descendants of Sleepy Hollow from?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)