|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
(a) The legend of the Headless Horseman.
(b) The story of the first Dutch settlers.
(c) The story of the Hollow's ancestors.
(d) The story of the Revolutionary War.
2. Van Brunt is known in Sleepy Hollow for being what?
(b) Hurting others.
(d) Fit and fun.
3. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
(a) The Van Tassel's livestock.
(b) The Van Tassel's farm.
(c) The Van Brunt home.
(d) The Van Tassel's home.
4. What does Ichabod take a long time doing before going to the Van Tassel event?
(a) He cuts his hair.
(b) He takes great care in his appearance.
(c) He washes his horse.
(d) He eats a big meal.
5. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
(a) Katrina Van Tassel.
(b) Kathy Crane.
(c) Dutch wife.
(d) Emily Shoemaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one force greater than the Devil that was to be feared?
2. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
3. What is the one adjective the author uses to describe Van Brunt?
4. What is Ichabod's focus from the moment he visits the Van Tassel's home?
5. Who lends Ichabod a horse on the night of the Van Tassel event?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)