|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character values Katrina more than a pipe?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
2. What other area does Ichabod instruct students?
(a) Map making.
3. What other name is The Headless Horseman called?
(a) Galloping Hessian.
(b) Galloping Giant.
(c) Headless Rider.
(d) Headless Harry.
4. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
(a) He is beheaded by a sword.
(b) He is beheaded by a dagger.
(c) He is beheaded by an ax.
(d) He is beheaded by a cannon.
5. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
(a) He's a doctor.
(b) He's a preacher.
(c) He's a mechanic.
(d) He's a school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
2. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
3. What day does the narrator find Sleepy Hollow?
4. What is the one adjective the author uses to describe Van Brunt?
5. What does Ichabod hope to gain from Katrina?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)