|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lends Ichabod a horse on the night of the Van Tassel event?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A neighboring farmer.
(c) A student's mother.
2. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
(a) By disciplining their children.
(b) By singing to their children.
(c) By tending to their small children.
(d) By teaching their children.
3. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The churchyard.
(d) The cemetery.
4. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
(a) Brom Bones.
(b) Katrina Van Tassel.
(c) Diedrech Knickerbocker.
(d) Ichabod Crane.
5. What does the narrator believe about Sleepy Hollow's people and their customs?
(a) Their customs evolve over time.
(b) They are fun.
(c) They do not change.
(d) They are full of modernization.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
2. How old is Katrina Van Tassel?
3. What is Ichabod's real love?
4. When does the Headless Horseman make his runs through the village?
5. What is the cabin's construction compared to in the story?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)