|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator doing the day he happens upon Sleepy Hollow?
2. What day does the narrator find Sleepy Hollow?
3. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
(a) It moves backward.
(b) The animal resists.
(c) It moves around in circles.
(d) It moves ahead.
4. What does the author consider to be a quest for Ichabod?
(a) Winning Katrina's hand in marriage.
(b) Defeating the Headless Horseman.
(c) Winning the right to sing in front of the church.
(d) Breaking the school house's cabin.
5. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The churchyard.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod's physical features mimic?
2. Whose mouth "...watered as he looed upon this sumptous promise of luxurious winter fare?"
3. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
4. What does Brom Bones tell the other men he does with the Headless Horseman?
5. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)