|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the legend, where does the Headless Horseman appear each night?
(a) The woods.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The churchyard.
(d) The fields.
2. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
(a) A German doctor.
(b) A French ghost.
(c) A sorcerer.
(d) A witch.
3. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
(a) Katrina Van Tassel.
(b) Dutch wife.
(c) Kathy Crane.
(d) Emily Shoemaker.
4. Whose mouth "...watered as he looed upon this sumptous promise of luxurious winter fare?"
5. Where does Ichabod live for weeks at a time?
(a) At an inn.
(b) At his students' home.
(c) At the church.
(d) At a castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
2. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
3. What does Ichabod hope to gain from Katrina?
4. In Ichabod's imagination, what does natural sights and sounds become as he walked home at night?
5. What is the name of the horse Ichabod is given to ride?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)