|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baltus Van Tassel do to support his family?
(a) A profitable general store.
(b) A big inn.
(c) A big productive farm.
(d) A doctor.
2. What is the cabin's construction compared to in the story?
(a) A crooked cabin.
(b) An eelpot.
(c) A home.
(d) A slippery slope.
3. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
(a) To the place of his death.
(b) To his horse.
(c) To his mother's home.
(d) To his grave in the cemetery.
4. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
(a) Brom Brom.
(b) Burly Van Brunt.
(c) Heavy hitter.
(d) Brom Bones.
5. What day does the narrator find Sleepy Hollow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What other area does Ichabod instruct students?
2. What animal does Ichabod resemble as he sits astride the horse with his angled limbs protruding awkwardly?
3. Many men are contenders for Katrina's hand. Which of the following is one of them?
4. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
5. What does Ichabod take a long time doing before going to the Van Tassel event?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)