|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it in Sleepy Hollow the night of the Van Tassel event?
2. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
(a) Brom Brom.
(b) Brom Bones.
(c) Burly Van Brunt.
(d) Heavy hitter.
3. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
(a) The Van Brunt home.
(b) The Van Tassel's livestock.
(c) The Van Tassel's home.
(d) The Van Tassel's farm.
4. What is Ichabod's favorite thing to do?
5. According to the narrator, this region of Sleepy Hollow "breathed forth" what kind of atmosphere?
(d) Dreams and fancies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Ichabod resemble as he sits astride the horse with his angled limbs protruding awkwardly?
2. Whom does the homeowners of Sleepy Hollow hear singing psalms at night?
3. What other name is The Headless Horseman called?
4. What is one thing Ichabod helps the farmers do?
5. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)