|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river is Sleepy Hollow beside?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Hudson River.
(c) The New York River.
(d) The Styxx River.
2. In Ichabod's imagination, what does natural sights and sounds become as he walked home at night?
(a) His imagination.
(c) Ghosts and phantasms.
3. Who does Katrina whirl around and dance with?
(a) A teenager.
(b) Her father.
4. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
(a) It moves backward.
(b) It moves around in circles.
(c) The animal resists.
(d) It moves ahead.
5. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
(a) The Van Tassel's home.
(b) The Van Tassel's livestock.
(c) The Van Tassel's farm.
(d) The Van Brunt home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Van Brunt known for?
2. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
3. What is the one adjective the author uses to describe Van Brunt?
4. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
5. According to the narrator, this region of Sleepy Hollow "breathed forth" what kind of atmosphere?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)