|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period of the story?
2. What do Brom Bones and his boys do to the school house furniture?
(a) Take it out of the school.
(b) Move it around.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Sell it.
3. What kind of horse is lent to Ichabod?
(a) A plow horse.
(b) A warrior horse.
(c) A racehorse.
(d) A steed.
4. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
(a) A witch.
(b) A German doctor.
(c) A French ghost.
(d) A sorcerer.
5. What does the author refer to Van Tassel's home as?
(a) A castle.
(b) A home.
(c) An estate.
(d) A palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author consider to be a quest for Ichabod?
2. What is Van Brunt known for?
3. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
4. According to the legend, where does the Headless Horseman appear each night?
5. Van Brunt is known in Sleepy Hollow for being what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)