|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, this region of Sleepy Hollow "breathed forth" what kind of atmosphere?
(b) Dreams and fancies.
2. What is the narrator doing the day he happens upon Sleepy Hollow?
3. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
(a) To the place of his death.
(b) To his grave in the cemetery.
(c) To his mother's home.
(d) To his horse.
4. What is impressive about the Van Tassel's home?
(a) It is historic.
(b) It has been built by slaves.
(c) It has electricity.
(d) It has expensive furnishings and ornaments.
5. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) With a duel.
(b) With a sword fight.
(c) With a hunting contest.
(d) With brute force.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Headless Horseman make his runs through the village?
2. Many men are contenders for Katrina's hand. Which of the following is one of them?
3. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
4. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
5. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)