|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other topic does Ichabod show great interest in learning?
(a) The occult.
(b) The facts about Sleepy Hollow.
(c) The geography of New York State.
(d) The Bible.
2. What does the narrator believe about Sleepy Hollow's people and their customs?
(a) Their customs evolve over time.
(b) They are full of modernization.
(c) They do not change.
(d) They are fun.
3. What does Ichabod do to quell his fears when walking home at night?
(b) Talk to himself.
(c) Carry a lantern.
(d) Sing psalms.
4. What does the Headless Horseman search for in the village each day?
(a) His wife.
(b) His gun.
(c) His horse.
(d) His head.
5. What kind of horse is lent to Ichabod?
(a) A racehorse.
(b) A steed.
(c) A plow horse.
(d) A warrior horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time period of the story?
2. What country are the descendants of Sleepy Hollow from?
3. Van Brunt is known in Sleepy Hollow for being what?
4. What color are Ichabod's eyes?
5. What are the boys from Sleepy Hollow called?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)