|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Bald and medium build.
(b) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
(c) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
(d) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
2. What is growing near the schoolhouse?
(a) An oak tree.
(b) A garden.
(c) A birch tree.
3. What is impressive about the Van Tassel's home?
(a) It has been built by slaves.
(b) It has expensive furnishings and ornaments.
(c) It has electricity.
(d) It is historic.
4. Whom does Ichabod spend most of his evenings with and listen to regional tales of the marvelous and unexplainable?
(b) Dutch wives.
(c) Dutch husbands.
5. What does the author compare Ichabod to?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A knight.
(c) A squire.
(d) An explorer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
2. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
3. What is Van Brunt known for?
4. Where is the church located?
5. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)