|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baltus Van Tassel do to support his family?
(a) A profitable general store.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A big inn.
(d) A big productive farm.
2. What is Ichabod invited to do at the Van Tassel's home?
(a) Tutor Katrina.
(b) Come to a party.
3. What is the time period of the story?
4. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
(a) Diedrech Knickerbocker.
(b) Katrina Van Tassel.
(c) Brom Bones.
(d) Ichabod Crane.
5. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He sends his students home early.
(b) He gives them extra homework.
(c) He tutors them.
(d) He disciplines them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
2. Where does Ichabod live for weeks at a time?
3. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
4. What does the author consider to be a quest for Ichabod?
5. Whom does the homeowners of Sleepy Hollow hear singing psalms at night?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)