|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ichabod originally from?
(d) New York City.
2. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
(a) Birch switches.
(b) A wooden paddle.
(c) A rod.
(d) A belt.
3. What day does the narrator find Sleepy Hollow?
4. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
(a) He is beheaded by a sword.
(b) He is beheaded by a dagger.
(c) He is beheaded by an ax.
(d) He is beheaded by a cannon.
5. What does the author refer to Van Tassel's home as?
(a) A palace.
(b) A home.
(c) An estate.
(d) A castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
2. Van Brunt is known in Sleepy Hollow for being what?
3. What do Brom Bones and his boys do to the school house furniture?
4. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
5. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)