|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author refer to Van Tassel's home as?
(a) A castle.
(b) A home.
(c) A palace.
(d) An estate.
2. Whose mouth "...watered as he looed upon this sumptous promise of luxurious winter fare?"
3. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He tutors them.
(b) He gives them extra homework.
(c) He sends his students home early.
(d) He disciplines them.
4. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
(a) He's a preacher.
(b) He's a doctor.
(c) He's a school teacher.
(d) He's a mechanic.
5. Which character values Katrina more than a pipe?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Headless Horseman make his runs through the village?
2. What is the cabin's construction compared to in the story?
3. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
4. What do Brom Bones and Ichabod Crane have in common?
5. What is growing near the schoolhouse?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)