|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author compare Ichabod to?
(a) A knight.
(b) A squire.
(c) A soldier.
(d) An explorer.
2. Many men are contenders for Katrina's hand. Which of the following is one of them?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Brom Van Brunt.
(d) Headless Horseman.
3. What is one force greater than the Devil that was to be feared?
(b) Brom Bones.
4. What does Ichabod do to quell his fears when walking home at night?
(b) Carry a lantern.
(c) Talk to himself.
(d) Sing psalms.
5. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brom Bones tell the other men he does with the Headless Horseman?
2. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
3. What is Ichabod's real love?
4. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
5. What are the animals doing as Ichabod makes his way from his schoolhouse to the Van Tassel home?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)