|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
(c) Mrs. Van Tassel.
(d) The food.
2. Which of his students does Ichabod discriminately apply discipline?
(a) The children who don't bring an apple.
(b) The strong children.
(c) The weak children.
(d) The unmotivated students.
3. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
(a) To his mother's home.
(b) To his horse.
(c) To the place of his death.
(d) To his grave in the cemetery.
4. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
(a) By teaching their children.
(b) By singing to their children.
(c) By tending to their small children.
(d) By disciplining their children.
5. In what war does the Headless Horseman fight?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Revoluntionary War.
(c) The French and Indian War.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator believe about Sleepy Hollow's people and their customs?
2. What is one thing Brom Bones does to Ichabod to try to get him to stop seeking Katrina's hand in marriage?
3. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
4. What other area does Ichabod instruct students?
5. Whose mouth "...watered as he looed upon this sumptous promise of luxurious winter fare?"
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)