|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Five years.
2. What is Ichabod's real love?
3. Whom does Ichabod spend most of his evenings with and listen to regional tales of the marvelous and unexplainable?
(a) Dutch husbands.
(b) Dutch wives.
4. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
(a) He is beheaded by a dagger.
(b) He is beheaded by an ax.
(c) He is beheaded by a cannon.
(d) He is beheaded by a sword.
5. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
(a) Brom Brom.
(b) Burly Van Brunt.
(c) Heavy hitter.
(d) Brom Bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Ichabod's eyes?
2. What day does the narrator find Sleepy Hollow?
3. What does the author refer to Van Tassel's home as?
4. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
5. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)