|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his students does Ichabod discriminately apply discipline?
(a) The children who don't bring an apple.
(b) The unmotivated students.
(c) The weak children.
(d) The strong children.
2. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
(a) To the place of his death.
(b) To his mother's home.
(c) To his horse.
(d) To his grave in the cemetery.
3. What does the author compare Ichabod to?
(a) An explorer.
(b) A squire.
(c) A knight.
(d) A soldier.
4. Where does Ichabod live for weeks at a time?
(a) At a castle.
(b) At his students' home.
(c) At an inn.
(d) At the church.
5. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
(a) Heavy hitter.
(b) Brom Bones.
(c) Burly Van Brunt.
(d) Brom Brom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod's physical features mimic?
2. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
3. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
4. What other name is The Headless Horseman called?
5. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)