|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Headless Horseman search for in the village each day?
(a) His wife.
(b) His horse.
(c) His head.
(d) His gun.
2. When does the Headless Horseman make his runs through the village?
(a) At midnight.
(b) At sunset.
(c) At daybreak.
(d) At night.
3. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
(a) Brom Bones.
(b) Burly Van Brunt.
(c) Brom Brom.
(d) Heavy hitter.
4. What is one thing Ichabod helps the farmers do?
(a) Cut wood.
(b) Load wagons.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Bale hay.
5. What river is Sleepy Hollow beside?
(a) The Styxx River.
(b) The Hudson River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The New York River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character values Katrina more than a pipe?
2. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
3. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
4. The author says that Van Brunt is always ready for what?
5. Who lends Ichabod a horse on the night of the Van Tassel event?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)