|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
(a) He is beheaded by an ax.
(b) He is beheaded by a cannon.
(c) He is beheaded by a sword.
(d) He is beheaded by a dagger.
2. What does the author compare Ichabod to?
(a) An explorer.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A squire.
(d) A knight.
3. What does Ichabod hope to gain from Katrina?
(a) Marriage and a new home.
(b) Marriage and limitless food.
(c) Marriage and wealth.
(d) Marriage and lots of children.
4. What does the Headless Horseman search for in the village each day?
(a) His horse.
(b) His wife.
(c) His head.
(d) His gun.
5. What other area does Ichabod instruct students?
(a) Map making.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brom Bones's dog do when Ichabod sings?
2. Whom does Ichabod spend most of his evenings with and listen to regional tales of the marvelous and unexplainable?
3. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
4. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
5. What does the author refer to Van Tassel's home as?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)