|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insect does the narrator compare Ichabod's elbows while mounted on Gunpowder?
(a) A bee.
(b) A fly.
(c) A grasshopper.
(d) An ant.
2. What destination does Ichabod hope to reach as he races from his pursuer?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The church.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The farm.
3. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Thirty years.
4. What does the author refer to Van Tassel's home as?
(a) An estate.
(b) A castle.
(c) A home.
(d) A palace.
5. Who do the old country women believe haunt the area?
(a) Van Ripper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the horse known to do when around a horse of the opposite sex?
2. Who founded the area around Sleepy Hollow?
3. What is another term for courting as defined by the Dutch?
4. What book has Ichabod mastered?
5. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)