|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ichabod live for weeks at a time?
(a) At his students' home.
(b) At an inn.
(c) At the church.
(d) At a castle.
2. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The churchyard.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The cemetery.
3. Who do the old country women believe haunt the area?
(c) Van Ripper.
4. What is one thing Ichabod helps the farmers do?
(a) Load wagons.
(b) Cut wood.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Bale hay.
5. What insect does the narrator compare Ichabod's elbows while mounted on Gunpowder?
(a) A bee.
(b) A grasshopper.
(c) A fly.
(d) An ant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another term for courting as defined by the Dutch?
2. The narrator refers to Ichabod as a what?
3. What do the country people hear haunting through the village?
4. Whom begins to ride along Ichabod as he and Gunpowder head home after the Van Tassel party?
5. As Ichabod reaches the bridge, what item does the dark rider throw at him to knock him to the ground?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)