|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the large blue-beard Dutchman?
(b) Van Ripper.
(c) Van Tassel.
(d) Doffue Martling.
2. What is another term for courting as defined by the Dutch?
3. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Bald and medium build.
(b) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
(c) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
(d) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
4. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He disciplines them.
(b) He gives them extra homework.
(c) He tutors them.
(d) He sends his students home early.
5. What kind of horse is lent to Ichabod?
(a) A racehorse.
(b) A plow horse.
(c) A steed.
(d) A warrior horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brom Bones's dog do when Ichabod sings?
2. Who founded the area around Sleepy Hollow?
3. What is one thing Ichabod helps the farmers do?
4. At the beginning of the story, the papers are found amongst whose belongings?
5. In what war does the Headless Horseman fight?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)