|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ichabod meets the dark figure, what does he do?
(a) He turns and goes the opposite way.
(b) He demands to know the rider's identity.
(c) He trots toward the rider.
(d) He whips Gunpowder.
2. What do the people of Sleepy Hollow search for after the Van Tassel's party?
(a) Brom's horse.
(b) A saddle.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) Ichabod's body.
3. How old is Katrina Van Tassel?
4. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
(a) Five years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
5. What other name is The Headless Horseman called?
(a) Galloping Giant.
(b) Headless Rider.
(c) Headless Harry.
(d) Galloping Hessian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
2. What are the animals doing as Ichabod makes his way from his schoolhouse to the Van Tassel home?
3. What is the one thing that causes Ichabod's interest to become a "holy" cause?
4. What does Brom Bones's dog do when Ichabod sings?
5. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)