|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the narrator tells the events of Van Tassel's party, he refers to himself as what?
(a) A fateful observer.
(b) Ichabod's friend.
(c) Ichabod's historian.
(d) Brom's buddy.
2. Brom Bones is noted for preferring what kind of animals?
3. How is Ichabod able to spread gossip?
(a) By sending letters.
(b) By sending notes home with students.
(c) By boarding from house to house.
(d) By spending time with women on Sunday.
4. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
(a) Sleepy Hollow.
(b) New York City.
(d) Tarry Town.
5. What does Ichabod take a long time doing before going to the Van Tassel event?
(a) He eats a big meal.
(b) He takes great care in his appearance.
(c) He cuts his hair.
(d) He washes his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
2. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
3. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
4. What type of melody does Ichabod produce?
5. What is one force greater than the Devil that was to be feared?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)