|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose mouth "...watered as he looed upon this sumptous promise of luxurious winter fare?"
2. According to Brom, the Headless Horseman vanishes in what manner?
(a) In a bolt of lightening.
(b) In a circle of light.
(c) In a flash of fire.
(d) In a thunderstorm.
3. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's pliability and perseverance to?
(a) A wilting flower.
(b) A thick rope.
(c) A birch tree.
(d) A supple jack.
4. What color are Ichabod's eyes?
5. What knocks Ichabod from his horse and into the ground?
(a) A ball.
(b) A bat.
(c) The Headless Horseman's head.
(d) A rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one adjective the author uses to describe Van Brunt?
2. As the narrator tells the events of Van Tassel's party, he refers to himself as what?
3. What does Ichabod take a long time doing before going to the Van Tassel event?
4. What does the author compare Ichabod to?
5. Where is Ichabod's 'realm'?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)