|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) With a sword fight.
(b) With a duel.
(c) With brute force.
(d) With a hunting contest.
2. Who founded Sleepy Hollow?
(a) Master Henry Van Ripper.
(b) Master Andrew Van Brunt.
(c) Master Hendrick Hudson.
(d) Master Edward Van Tassel.
3. According to Brom, the Headless Horseman vanishes in what manner?
(a) In a circle of light.
(b) In a thunderstorm.
(c) In a bolt of lightening.
(d) In a flash of fire.
4. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
(a) Fishing stories.
(b) Love stories.
(c) Hunting stories.
(d) Ghost stories.
5. What do the people of Sleepy Hollow search for after the Van Tassel's party?
(a) Brom's horse.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) Ichabod's body.
(d) A saddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Headless Horseman search for in the village each day?
2. How is Ichabod able to spread gossip?
3. Whose tales does Ichabod tell to the group of men at the party?
4. The narrator states that Ichabod's feet serve as what?
5. In Ichabod's imagination, what does natural sights and sounds become as he walked home at night?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)