|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He disciplines them.
(b) He tutors them.
(c) He gives them extra homework.
(d) He sends his students home early.
2. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
(a) He is beheaded by a dagger.
(b) He is beheaded by a cannon.
(c) He is beheaded by a sword.
(d) He is beheaded by an ax.
3. In what war does the Headless Horseman fight?
(a) The French and Indian War.
(b) The Revoluntionary War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Civil War.
4. What do Brom Bones and Ichabod Crane have in common?
(a) They both want to buy a house.
(b) They both hunt.
(c) They both want to defeat the Headless Horseman.
(d) They both want to marry Katrina.
5. The narrator states that Ichabod's feet serve as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
2. At the beginning of the story, the papers are found amongst whose belongings?
3. Whom does the schoolhouse and its furniture belong?
4. When is the story published?
5. As Ichabod reaches the bridge, what item does the dark rider throw at him to knock him to the ground?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)