|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who founded Sleepy Hollow?
(a) Master Andrew Van Brunt.
(b) Master Henry Van Ripper.
(c) Master Edward Van Tassel.
(d) Master Hendrick Hudson.
2. What insect does the narrator compare Ichabod's elbows while mounted on Gunpowder?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) An ant.
(c) A fly.
(d) A bee.
3. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
(a) Tarry Town.
(c) New York City.
(d) Sleepy Hollow.
4. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
(a) Katrina Van Tassel.
(b) Brom Bones.
(c) Diedrech Knickerbocker.
(d) Ichabod Crane.
5. What is the musician at the Van Tassel's party?
(a) A gray-haired elderly man.
(b) The preacher.
(c) Van Ripper.
(d) Brom Bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author says that Van Brunt is always ready for what?
2. What is the one thing Katrina is known to do?
3. What is Ichabod invited to do at the Van Tassel's home?
4. How does the narrator describe the farmers' wives at Van Tassel's party?
5. Several stories speak of sightings and abduction of whom?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)