|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many men are contenders for Katrina's hand. Which of the following is one of them?
(a) Brom Van Brunt.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A farmer.
(d) Headless Horseman.
2. What is the one adjective the author uses to describe Van Brunt?
3. What is Ichabod's focus from the moment he visits the Van Tassel's home?
(a) To win Katrina's hand in marriage.
(b) To defeat the Headless Horseman.
(c) To steal the Van Tassel's farm.
(d) To sing in front of Katrina.
4. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
(a) He gives them extra homework.
(b) He tutors them.
(c) He disciplines them.
(d) He sends his students home early.
5. According to the legend, where does the Headless Horseman appear each night?
(a) The churchyard.
(b) The woods.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
2. What is one force greater than the Devil that was to be feared?
3. Which character values Katrina more than a pipe?
4. What is Ichabod's greatest fear of encountering when walking home at night?
5. What does Ichabod do to quell his fears when walking home at night?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)