|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) With a hunting contest.
(b) With brute force.
(c) With a sword fight.
(d) With a duel.
2. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
(a) A witch.
(b) A German doctor.
(c) A French ghost.
(d) A sorcerer.
3. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
(a) The story of the Hollow's ancestors.
(b) The story of the Revolutionary War.
(c) The story of the first Dutch settlers.
(d) The legend of the Headless Horseman.
4. What does Ichabod take a long time doing before going to the Van Tassel event?
(a) He washes his horse.
(b) He takes great care in his appearance.
(c) He eats a big meal.
(d) He cuts his hair.
5. What is Van Brunt known for?
(a) His hunting skills.
(b) His great strength.
(c) His ability to use a sword.
(d) His great knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Headless Horseman make his runs through the village?
2. What is Ichabod's greatest fear of encountering when walking home at night?
3. What are the boys from Sleepy Hollow called?
4. What is one thing Brom Bones does to Ichabod to try to get him to stop seeking Katrina's hand in marriage?
5. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)