|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
(a) To his mother's home.
(b) To his horse.
(c) To his grave in the cemetery.
(d) To the place of his death.
2. What is one thing Ichabod helps the farmers do?
(a) Cut wood.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Bale hay.
(d) Load wagons.
3. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
(a) Burly Van Brunt.
(b) Brom Brom.
(c) Brom Bones.
(d) Heavy hitter.
4. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
(a) His older boy students.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The milkman.
5. In Ichabod's imagination, what does natural sights and sounds become as he walked home at night?
(b) Ghosts and phantasms.
(d) His imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod's physical features mimic?
2. Van Brunt is known in Sleepy Hollow for being what?
3. Whom does Ichabod spend most of his evenings with and listen to regional tales of the marvelous and unexplainable?
4. What other area does Ichabod instruct students?
5. What does the author consider to be a quest for Ichabod?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)