|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The churchyard.
(d) The cemetery.
2. What is the name of the horse Ichabod is given to ride?
3. What does the Headless Horseman search for in the village each day?
(a) His horse.
(b) His head.
(c) His gun.
(d) His wife.
4. What does Ichabod's physical features mimic?
(a) A crane.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) A dolphin.
5. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
(a) Five years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baltus Van Tassel do to support his family?
2. What country are the descendants of Sleepy Hollow from?
3. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
4. When does the Headless Horseman make his runs through the village?
5. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)