|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brom Bones and Ichabod Crane have in common?
(a) They both want to defeat the Headless Horseman.
(b) They both hunt.
(c) They both want to marry Katrina.
(d) They both want to buy a house.
2. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
(a) The food.
(d) Mrs. Van Tassel.
3. What does the author refer to Van Tassel's home as?
(a) An estate.
(b) A home.
(c) A castle.
(d) A palace.
4. What does the author consider to be a quest for Ichabod?
(a) Winning Katrina's hand in marriage.
(b) Winning the right to sing in front of the church.
(c) Defeating the Headless Horseman.
(d) Breaking the school house's cabin.
5. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
(a) With a sword fight.
(b) With brute force.
(c) With a hunting contest.
(d) With a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse Ichabod is given to ride?
2. What is the cabin's construction compared to in the story?
3. Whose mouth "...watered as he looed upon this sumptous promise of luxurious winter fare?"
4. What is Van Brunt known for?
5. What kind of horse is lent to Ichabod?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)