|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his students does Ichabod discriminately apply discipline?
(a) The unmotivated students.
(b) The strong children.
(c) The weak children.
(d) The children who don't bring an apple.
2. What other area does Ichabod instruct students?
(a) Map making.
3. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
(a) A wooden paddle.
(b) Birch switches.
(c) A rod.
(d) A belt.
4. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
(a) To the place of his death.
(b) To his horse.
(c) To his mother's home.
(d) To his grave in the cemetery.
5. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
(a) Diedrech Knickerbocker.
(b) Katrina Van Tassel.
(c) Ichabod Crane.
(d) Brom Bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Brom Bones does to Ichabod to try to get him to stop seeking Katrina's hand in marriage?
2. What is growing near the schoolhouse?
3. What is the narrator doing the day he happens upon Sleepy Hollow?
4. What does Brom Bones tell the other men he does with the Headless Horseman?
5. What does Ichabod do to the students the evening of the Van Tassel event?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)