|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the villagers call Van Brunt?
(a) Burly Van Brunt.
(b) Brom Bones.
(c) Heavy hitter.
(d) Brom Brom.
2. What does the author compare Ichabod to?
(a) A squire.
(b) An explorer.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A knight.
3. What are the animals doing as Ichabod makes his way from his schoolhouse to the Van Tassel home?
(c) Scurrying to gather food for the winter.
(d) Chasing the horse.
4. What is the cabin's construction compared to in the story?
(a) A slippery slope.
(b) An eelpot.
(c) A crooked cabin.
(d) A home.
5. What does Brom Bones's dog do when Ichabod sings?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
2. What do Brom Bones and his boys do to the school house furniture?
3. What season is it in Sleepy Hollow the night of the Van Tassel event?
4. What is the time period of the story?
5. The author says that Van Brunt is always ready for what?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)