|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing Katrina is known to do?
2. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Thirty years.
3. What does the narrator believe about Sleepy Hollow's people and their customs?
(a) Their customs evolve over time.
(b) They are fun.
(c) They do not change.
(d) They are full of modernization.
4. Who lends Ichabod a horse on the night of the Van Tassel event?
(b) A neighboring farmer.
(c) A student's mother.
(d) A soldier.
5. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
(a) The preacher.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The milkman.
(d) His older boy students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
2. What do Brom Bones and his boys do to the school house furniture?
3. What are the animals doing as Ichabod makes his way from his schoolhouse to the Van Tassel home?
4. What are the boys from Sleepy Hollow called?
5. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)