|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
(a) New York City.
(c) Sleepy Hollow.
(d) Tarry Town.
2. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
(a) Kathy Crane.
(b) Emily Shoemaker.
(c) Katrina Van Tassel.
(d) Dutch wife.
3. What does Brom Bones's dog do when Ichabod sings?
4. What is Van Brunt known for?
(a) His great strength.
(b) His hunting skills.
(c) His great knowledge.
(d) His ability to use a sword.
5. Which character values Katrina more than a pipe?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ichabod's greatest fear of encountering when walking home at night?
2. Neighbors usually dismiss the antics and disturbances of whom?
3. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
4. What does Ichabod feast his eyes on first when he arrives at the Van Tassel's home?
5. What is one thing Brom Bones does to Ichabod to try to get him to stop seeking Katrina's hand in marriage?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)