|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose mouth "...watered as he looed upon this sumptous promise of luxurious winter fare?"
2. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
(a) The animal resists.
(b) It moves around in circles.
(c) It moves ahead.
(d) It moves backward.
3. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
(a) They smoke pipes together.
(b) They share battle bravery.
(c) They swap hunting stories.
(d) They share beers.
4. What is growing near the schoolhouse?
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A garden.
(d) A birch tree.
5. The men's conversation at the party move from one type of stories to what kind of stories?
(a) Hunting stories.
(b) Ghost stories.
(c) Fishing stories.
(d) Love stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the church located?
2. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
3. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
4. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
5. What is the one thing Katrina is known to do?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)