|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
(a) The story of the first Dutch settlers.
(b) The legend of the Headless Horseman.
(c) The story of the Revolutionary War.
(d) The story of the Hollow's ancestors.
2. What color are Ichabod's eyes?
3. What does Brom Bones tell the other men he does with the Headless Horseman?
(a) Race against him on Daredevil.
(b) Stop the Horseman from taking someone's head.
(c) Fight him and escaped.
(d) Find his head for the Horseman.
4. What does Ichabod's horse do when he tries to cross the stream's bridge?
(a) It moves backward.
(b) It moves around in circles.
(c) It moves ahead.
(d) The animal resists.
5. Where must the Headless Horseman return each day?
(a) To his horse.
(b) To his grave in the cemetery.
(c) To the place of his death.
(d) To his mother's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
2. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
3. What other name is The Headless Horseman called?
4. What is Ichabod's focus from the moment he visits the Van Tassel's home?
5. Neighbors usually dismiss the antics and disturbances of whom?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)