|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landmark is named after Major Andre?
(a) A tulip tree.
(b) A brook.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A road.
2. Which character's home is "bursting forth with the treasures of the farm"?
(c) Van Tassel's.
3. According to the legend, where does the Headless Horseman appear each night?
(a) The woods.
(b) The churchyard.
(c) The fields.
(d) The cemetery.
4. Which of his students does Ichabod discriminately apply discipline?
(a) The children who don't bring an apple.
(b) The weak children.
(c) The unmotivated students.
(d) The strong children.
5. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
(a) New York City.
(c) Tarry Town.
(d) Sleepy Hollow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
2. What does Brom Bones tell the other men he does with the Headless Horseman?
3. The author says that Van Brunt is always ready for what?
4. What animal does Ichabod resemble as he sits astride the horse with his angled limbs protruding awkwardly?
5. Where is the church located?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)