|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator states that Ichabod's feet serve as what?
2. What is the real name of Tarry Town?
(b) Tarry Towne.
(c) Sleepy Hollow.
3. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
(b) New York City.
(c) Tarry Town.
(d) Sleepy Hollow.
4. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
(a) The story of the first Dutch settlers.
(b) The story of the Hollow's ancestors.
(c) The story of the Revolutionary War.
(d) The legend of the Headless Horseman.
5. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
(b) Bald and medium build.
(c) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
(d) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gunpowder's owner?
2. As he and Gunpowder head home, who does Ichabod believe the rider on the dark horse alongside him to be?
3. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's students' voices at the schoolhouse to?
4. What does the narrator believe about Sleepy Hollow's people and their customs?
5. Where is Ichabod originally from?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)