|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Thirty years.
2. How is Ichabod able to spread gossip?
(a) By sending notes home with students.
(b) By boarding from house to house.
(c) By spending time with women on Sunday.
(d) By sending letters.
3. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The churchyard.
4. Ichabod believes he will be safe from the Headless Horseman if he makes it to where?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The church.
(d) The farmhouse.
5. What does the narrator likens Brom's attempts at courting to?
(a) To the gentle caresses of a sword.
(b) To the cawing of a crow.
(c) To the gentle caresses of a bear.
(d) To the clawing of a wolverine.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the story published?
2. What does Ichabod do to the horse when it behaves badly?
3. What is the horse known to do when around a horse of the opposite sex?
4. What river is Sleepy Hollow beside?
5. What does Brom Bones tell the other men he does with the Headless Horseman?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)