|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, the papers are found amongst whose belongings?
(a) Ichabod Crane's belongings.
(b) A dead man.
(c) Van Tassel's will.
(d) A letter to the court.
2. How does the author describe Brom Van Brunt?
(a) Bald and medium build.
(b) Curly dark hair and broad shoulders.
(c) Curly blonde hair and skinny shoulders.
(d) Straight hair and narrow shoulders.
3. Whom does the schoolhouse and its furniture belong?
(a) Van Tassel.
(b) The community.
(c) Van Ripper.
4. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
(a) Tarry Town.
(b) Sleepy Hollow.
(d) New York City.
5. What is the musician at the Van Tassel's party?
(a) A gray-haired elderly man.
(b) The preacher.
(c) Brom Bones.
(d) Van Ripper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book has Ichabod mastered?
2. What does Katrina say to Ichabod after the party?
3. Whenever someone speaks of Ichabod Crane, what does Brom do?
4. What happens to Ichabod's heart as he eats at the Van Tassel's party?
5. As the narrator tells the events of Van Tassel's party, he refers to himself as what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)