|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of area is Sleepy Hollow?
2. What is the one adjective the author uses to describe Van Brunt?
3. What is Wiley's swamp?
(a) A pretend playground for children.
(b) A tavern.
(c) An area outside of Sleepy Hollow.
(d) A marshy, thick-wooden glen.
4. What does the Headless Horseman search for in the village each day?
(a) His horse.
(b) His wife.
(c) His head.
(d) His gun.
5. What do the people of Sleepy Hollow search for after the Van Tassel's party?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) Brom's horse.
(c) A saddle.
(d) Ichabod's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the legend, where does the Headless Horseman appear each night?
2. What does Brom Bones tell the other men he does with the Headless Horseman?
3. What do the men discuss immediately after the dancing at the Van Tassel party?
4. Who is one of Ichabod's musical students?
5. How does the narrator describe the farmers' wives at Van Tassel's party?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)