|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katrina say to Ichabod after the party?
(a) She accepts his offer for marriage.
(b) She rejects his offer for marriage.
(c) The narrator does not know.
(d) She wants to think about it.
2. According to Old Brouwer, what happens to the Headless Horseman?
(a) He turns into a skeleton.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He captures his head.
(d) He turns into a pumpkin.
3. What does the narrator likens Brom's attempts at courting to?
(a) To the cawing of a crow.
(b) To the gentle caresses of a bear.
(c) To the gentle caresses of a sword.
(d) To the clawing of a wolverine.
4. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
(a) Tarry Town.
(c) New York City.
(d) Sleepy Hollow.
5. Who has assembled to watch Ichabod and Katrina dance?
(a) Bultrus Van Tassel.
(b) Brom Bones.
(c) Servants from the farms.
(d) Van Ripper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what cover does Ichabod pursue Katrina?
2. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
3. Whom does Ichabod hang out with when not in class?
4. What does Ichabod do to the horse when it behaves badly?
5. Whose mouth "...watered as he looed upon this sumptous promise of luxurious winter fare?"
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)