|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the horse Ichabod is given to ride?
2. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
(a) Kathy Crane.
(b) Emily Shoemaker.
(c) Katrina Van Tassel.
(d) Dutch wife.
3. Whose tales does Ichabod tell to the group of men at the party?
(a) Cotton Mather.
(b) Washington Irving.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Van Ripper.
4. What is one force greater than the Devil that was to be feared?
(a) Brom Bones.
5. What animal does Ichabod resemble as he sits astride the horse with his angled limbs protruding awkwardly?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A bear.
(c) A snake.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Brom Bones's horse?
2. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
3. How many years have passed between the actual story and the narrator's telling of it?
4. What is impressive about the Van Tassel's home?
5. According to Brom, the Headless Horseman vanishes in what manner?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)