|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ichabod do to quell his fears when walking home at night?
(a) Carry a lantern.
(b) Talk to himself.
(c) Sing psalms.
2. What is so tempting about the Van Tassel's farm to Ichabod?
(a) The price of each acre.
(b) The various meats and foul available.
(c) The landscape's beauty.
(d) The amount of acerage.
3. Ichabod believes he will be safe from the Headless Horseman if he makes it to where?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The church.
(c) The farmhouse.
(d) The bridge.
4. According to Old Brouwer, what happens to the Headless Horseman?
(a) He turns into a skeleton.
(b) He turns into a pumpkin.
(c) He captures his head.
(d) He disappears.
5. What does Ichabod's physical features mimic?
(a) A dolphin.
(b) A crane.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one adjective the author uses to describe Van Brunt?
2. When is the story published?
3. What is one force greater than the Devil that was to be feared?
4. As the narrator tells the events of Van Tassel's party, he refers to himself as what?
5. What does the narrator say lies in Gunpowder's good eye?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)