|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so tempting about the Van Tassel's farm to Ichabod?
(a) The landscape's beauty.
(b) The various meats and foul available.
(c) The amount of acerage.
(d) The price of each acre.
2. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's students' voices at the schoolhouse to?
(a) The growling of dogs.
(b) The roaring of lions.
(c) The hum of a beehive.
(d) The whimpering of puppies.
3. Which of the following do some residents believe bewitched the area?
(a) A sorcerer.
(b) A French ghost.
(c) A witch.
(d) A German doctor.
4. What is growing near the schoolhouse?
(a) A birch tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(d) A garden.
5. What is one thing Ichabod does with the ladies between service on Sunday?
(a) Sing songs.
(c) Write notes.
(d) Gather grapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brom Bones is noted for preferring what kind of animals?
2. What does Ichabod do between services on Sunday?
3. When is the story published?
4. In Brom's tale of the Hessian, what town has he returned from?
5. What else does Ichabod pride himself on besides his singing?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)