|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings the invitation for the Van Tassel's to Ichabod?
(a) Bultrus Van Tassel.
(b) Van Ripper.
(c) An unnamed character.
(d) Katrina Van Tassel.
2. Which story dominates the conversation between the men the night of the Van Tassel feast?
(a) The legend of the Headless Horseman.
(b) The story of the Revolutionary War.
(c) The story of the first Dutch settlers.
(d) The story of the Hollow's ancestors.
3. What are the animals doing as Ichabod makes his way from his schoolhouse to the Van Tassel home?
(b) Scurrying to gather food for the winter.
(c) Chasing the horse.
4. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
(a) He's a mechanic.
(b) He's a preacher.
(c) He's a doctor.
(d) He's a school teacher.
5. What prize did Brom say he and the Headless Horseman race for?
(a) A sword.
(b) Katrina's head.
(c) A sack of money.
(d) A bowl of punch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's students' voices at the schoolhouse to?
2. When is the story published?
3. Neighbors usually dismiss the antics and disturbances of whom?
4. How does Brom Bones want to settle the dispute for Katrina's hand in marriage?
5. What does Katrina say to Ichabod after the party?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)