|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, the papers are found amongst whose belongings?
(a) A letter to the court.
(b) Van Tassel's will.
(c) A dead man.
(d) Ichabod Crane's belongings.
2. Where is Ichabod's 'realm'?
(a) His farm.
(b) His schoolhouse.
(c) His horse.
(d) The church.
3. What does Ichabod do to the horse when it behaves badly?
(a) Get a new horse.
(b) Yell at the horse.
(c) Get off the horse.
(d) Whip the horse.
4. How does Ichabod endear himself to mothers?
(a) By tending to their small children.
(b) By disciplining their children.
(c) By teaching their children.
(d) By singing to their children.
5. What item of Ichabod's is found the day after the Van Tassel's party near horse tracks?
(a) His Bible.
(b) His hat.
(c) His purse.
(d) His school papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Headless Horseman search for in the village each day?
2. What is the name of the horse Ichabod is given to ride?
3. What is the time period of the story?
4. What are the boys from Sleepy Hollow called?
5. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)