|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
(a) He is beheaded by an ax.
(b) He is beheaded by a cannon.
(c) He is beheaded by a dagger.
(d) He is beheaded by a sword.
2. Whose mouth "...watered as he looed upon this sumptous promise of luxurious winter fare?"
3. Where is Ichabod originally from?
(b) New York City.
4. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's students' voices at the schoolhouse to?
(a) The hum of a beehive.
(b) The roaring of lions.
(c) The growling of dogs.
(d) The whimpering of puppies.
5. In Brom's tale of the Hessian, what town has he returned from?
(a) Tarry Town.
(b) Hudson Village.
(c) Sing Sing.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he and Gunpowder head home, who does Ichabod believe the rider on the dark horse alongside him to be?
2. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
3. What is the one thing Katrina is known to do?
4. What are the boys from Sleepy Hollow called?
5. Who is the woman of interest in this tale?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)