|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The disclaimer at the beginning of the tales state the papers belonged to who?
(a) Diedrech Knickerbocker.
(b) Katrina Van Tassel.
(c) Brom Bones.
(d) Ichabod Crane.
2. How does the narrator describe the farmers at Van Tassel's party?
(a) Good old boys.
(b) Handsome hunks.
(c) As a leather-faced race.
(d) A group of well worn men.
3. Who founded Sleepy Hollow?
(a) Master Henry Van Ripper.
(b) Master Edward Van Tassel.
(c) Master Andrew Van Brunt.
(d) Master Hendrick Hudson.
4. What insect does the narrator compare Ichabod's elbows while mounted on Gunpowder?
(a) A bee.
(b) An ant.
(c) A fly.
(d) A grasshopper.
5. What does Ichabod Crane do for a living?
(a) He's a school teacher.
(b) He's a preacher.
(c) He's a doctor.
(d) He's a mechanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ichabod use often to discipline students?
2. Who is missing the day after the Van Tassel's party?
3. Brom Bones is noted for preferring what kind of animals?
4. What is the name of the neighboring town described after the poem at the beginning of the story?
5. Where is the church located?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)