|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers believe happened to Ichabod?
(a) The Headless Horseman took his head.
(b) The Headless Horseman killed him.
(c) The Headless Horseman raced him to death.
(d) The Headless Horseman took him away.
2. What does Brom's horse say about him?
(a) He is Satan.
(b) He takes chances.
(c) He is mischievous.
(d) He is a devil.
3. What does a visiting farmer bring news of years later, after Ichabod's disappearance from Sleepy Hollow?
(a) That Ichabod's body has been found.
(b) That Ichabod Crane is alive and well.
(c) That Ichabod plans to return to Sleepy Hollow.
(d) That Ichabod lives in a neighboring town.
4. Ichabod believes he will be safe from the Headless Horseman if he makes it to where?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The church.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The farmhouse.
5. What animal does Ichabod resemble as he sits astride the horse with his angled limbs protruding awkwardly?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bear.
(c) A bird.
(d) A tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare Ichabod's pliability and perseverance to?
2. What is another term for courting as defined by the Dutch?
3. Brom Bones is noted for preferring what kind of animals?
4. According to the legend, how does the Headless Horseman lose his head?
5. Where does the Horseman stop pursuits?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)