* The short story beings with a qualifying statement that is the source of the tale.
* The statement that the story is found amongst the papers left by deceased person, Diedrich Knickerbocker, helps establish the story's faux credibility.
* Much of the beginning establishes the setting and a great deal is spent on the neighboring town of Tarry Town.
* The narrator begins to describe Sleepy Hollow, a place along the Hudson River, untouched by time.
* A poem at the beginning speaks to the area's dreamscape.
* The poem states that the area is a place where dreams flourish.
* The narrator recalls that the day he happened upon Sleepy Hollow is a Sunday and that nature seems irritated at his gun's discharge.
* The narrator shares with the reader that he wants to linger in the peaceful place, but continues to describe the area in great detail.
* The inhabitants of Sleepy Hollow...
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)