|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Buck learn about his family from at the end of Chapter 6?
2. Where was Bruce at the time of the disappearances?
3. From where is Nicolae Carpathia?
4. What does Hattie tell Rayford in Chapter 1?
5. What does Rayford read in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Israel bombed by Russia, according to Chapter 1?
2. What genre is Left Behind?
3. What does Alan tell Buck about Dirk in Chapter 10?
4. How do Rayford and Chloe react when Bruce invites them to church in Chapter 11?
5. What family does Buck have out west that he wants to know about after the disappearances?
6. How does Buck try to get information about the disappearances in Chapter 2?
7. What story lead did Dirk Burton give Buck that led him to be on the flight to London when the disappearances occurred?
8. What does Rayford believe about what he learns from Bruce in Chapter 11?
9. What members of Buck’s family are among the missing, according to Chapter 6?
10. What happens in Chapter 1 that sets the events of the story into motion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the structure of a series in literature. What is the role of the first book in a series? Does Left Behind accomplish this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Define theme. Identify at least one theme of Left Behind. Discuss how it is expressed in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Define suspense. What is the purpose of suspense? How is it identified? Give at least one example of suspense used in the story of Left Behind.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)