|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Buck arrive at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. How many languages does Nicolae Carpathia speak?
3. What is Alan’s occupation, according to Chapter 10?
4. What does Rayford know as soon as he gets home in Chapter 4?
5. What does Rayford think about what Bruce says in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rayford believe about what he learns from Bruce in Chapter 11?
2. What do Buck and Steve discuss in Chapter 8?
3. How does Alan die in Chapter 10?
4. What family does Buck have out west that he wants to know about after the disappearances?
5. What does Rayford learn about his first officer at the Pan Con Club?
6. How does Buck try to get information about the disappearances in Chapter 2?
7. What members of Buck’s family are among the missing, according to Chapter 6?
8. Who does Buck exchange numbers with at the beginning of Chapter 3?
9. What conclusion does Rayford come to about his marriage in Chapter 8?
10. Why was Bruce not among those who disappeared, according to Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Freytag’s Pyramid. Identify and explain the elements of Freytag’s Pyramid, and identify a plot point from Left Behind as an example for each.
Essay Topic 2
Define context clues. Explain the purpose of context clues using at least one example of information revealed through context clues in the story of Left Behind.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Rayford Steele. How does he change as the story progresses? What is his role in the story of Left Behind? What relationships does he have with other characters in the story?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)