|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rayford Steele’s occupation?
2. What does Bruce ask Rayford to join at the end of Chapter 12?
3. Who does Rayford get news from about his daughter in Chapter 6?
4. Where was Bruce at the time of the disappearances?
5. 12. Where does the plane land in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alan tell Buck about Dirk in Chapter 10?
2. What conclusion does Rayford come to about his marriage in Chapter 8?
3. What genre is Left Behind?
4. How do Rayford and Chloe react when Bruce invites them to church in Chapter 11?
5. How does Buck try to get information about the disappearances in Chapter 2?
6. What happens in Chapter 1 that sets the events of the story into motion?
7. What family does Buck have out west that he wants to know about after the disappearances?
8. Who does Buck call when he arrives in Frankfurt at the beginning of Chapter 12?
9. What members of Buck’s family are among the missing, according to Chapter 6?
10. What does Rayford learn about his first officer at the Pan Con Club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define testimony as it relates to Christian evangelization. What characters share their testimonies in the story? Choose one character and explain his or her testimony.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Freytag’s Pyramid. Identify and explain the elements of Freytag’s Pyramid, and identify a plot point from Left Behind as an example for each.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Christianity. What are the basic beliefs of Christianity? What is the role of Christianity in the story of Left Behind?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)