|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor revealed in Chapter 5?
2. Why did Rayford prefer being at work when his wife was pregnant, according to Chapter 8?
3. What is Alan’s occupation, according to Chapter 10?
4. Where does Buck stay in Chapter 6?
5. Who does Buck learn about his family from at the end of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What genre is Left Behind?
2. Why was Israel bombed by Russia, according to Chapter 1?
3. What leads to Buck’s invitation for an interview by Nicolae, according to Chapter 12?
4. Why was Bruce not among those who disappeared, according to Chapter 11?
5. Why are Buck’s colleagues angry with him in Chapter 9?
6. What does Rayford learn in Chapter 9 by calling the New Hope Village Church?
7. What family does Buck have out west that he wants to know about after the disappearances?
8. Who does Buck exchange numbers with at the beginning of Chapter 3?
9. How do Rayford and Chloe react when Bruce invites them to church in Chapter 11?
10. How does Buck try to get information about the disappearances in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define theme. Identify at least one theme of Left Behind. Discuss how it is expressed in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Define irony. Explain each type of irony. Identify at least one example of each type of irony from the story to illustrate your definitions.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Rayford Steele. How does he change as the story progresses? What is his role in the story of Left Behind? What relationships does he have with other characters in the story?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)