|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Buck and Hattie pick up for Buck in Chapter 19 before heading to JFK?
(a) His bag
(b) His wallet
(c) His messages
(d) His ticket
2. What does Bruce think Buck should be armed with at his meeting with Nicolae?
(a) Scientific knowledge
(c) A gun
(d) A digital recorder
3. Who is an answer to Chloe’s prayer in Chapter 22?
4. What does Buck do when Rayford has finished his story in Chapter 21?
(a) Bursts into tears
(b) Asks Rayford how he can be so sure
(c) Thanks him for dinner and leaves
(d) Takes notes and asks if they are ordering dessert
5. What does Chloe tell Rayford at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) She wants to try to find Irene and Raymie
(b) She is going back to California
(c) She is trying to make a decision
(d) She does not believe in God
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Rayford and Chloe at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. What does Rayford say he will do at dinner, according to the end of Chapter 20?
3. What does Eric Miller do in Chapter 16?
4. What happens to Buck at the end of Chapter 24?
5. Why does Buck have to go to Chicago, according to Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Buck and Chloe do while Rayford speaks with Hattie at the airport in Chapter 20?
2. What is Rayford’s ulterior motive for inviting Hattie to dinner with Chloe, according to Chapter 13?
3. What does Rayford decide to tell Chloe in Chapter 13?
4. How does Hattie react to Rayford’s story in Chapter 20?
5. What do Rayford and Chloe discover when they return from Atlanta in Chapter 14?
6. What does Buck find amazing about Rayford, according to Chapter 22?
7. What secret does Nicolae share with Buck in Chapter 17?
8. What does Chloe overhear at the end of Chapter 16?
9. What does Bruce tell Buck about when they meet in Chapter 23?
10. How does Buck escape the authorities in Chapter 16?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)