|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Buck react to meeting Chloe in Chapter 20?
(a) He ignores her
(b) He is angry with her after their last meeting
(c) His reaction is not revealed
(d) He is smitten with her
2. What business does Buck tend to at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) Interviewing candidates to replace someone lost in the disappearances
(b) Interviewing Chaim Rosenzweig about the desert bloom fertilizer
(c) Selling his house
(d) Setting up a new Global Weekly office in Chicago
3. What is Eric Miller’s occupation?
(a) TV producer
4. What does Rayford decide to tell Chloe about at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) His attraction to Hattie
(b) The fact that he filed divorce papers before the disappearance
(c) His plan to leave Chicago
(d) His feelings about Chloe's choices
5. What is Buck thinking about at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(b) The disappearances
(c) Nicolae and Steve
(d) Rayford's story
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the meal take in Chapter 21?
2. What does Bruce discuss in Chapter 17?
3. What does Buck do when Rayford has finished his story in Chapter 21?
4. How does Rayford’s conversation with Hattie end in Chapter 15?
5. Who does Buck make an appointment to see at the beginning of Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hattie reveal about her sister in Chapter 15?
2. What does Chloe overhear at the end of Chapter 16?
3. What does Buck ask Steve about in regards to Nicolae in Chapter 24?
4. What is Rayford’s ulterior motive for inviting Hattie to dinner with Chloe, according to Chapter 13?
5. How does Buck react during and after Rayford’s story in Chapter 21?
6. What secret does Nicolae share with Buck in Chapter 17?
7. What does Chloe want Rayford to get for her when they return from Atlanta in Chapter 14?
8. Where do Rayford, Chloe, Hattie and Buck have dinner in Chapter 21?
9. Why does Buck want to meet with Rayford, according to Chapter 19?
10. Where will Nicolae speak in the extension of his stay in the United States, according to Chapter 17?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)