|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rayford discover commits suicide in Chapter 3?
(a) His supervisor
(c) His daughter
(d) His first officer
2. How does Bruce describe conversion in Chapter 11?
(a) A way out
(b) A contract between the individual and God
(c) An insurance policy against life
(d) A transaction between the individual and God
3. What kind of story was Buck planning to pursue in London?
(a) Political campaigning in the United Kingdom
(b) Political corruption
(d) Financial conspiracy
4. Who or what does Rayford watch the videotape with?
(a) A photo of his family
(d) Irene's Bible
5. What does Rayford blame himself for in Chapter 8?
(a) The disappearances
(b) The death of his first officer
(c) The distance between him and his daughter
(d) The downfall of his marriage
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to fly Buck to New York, according to Chapter 7?
2. Where does Rayford go at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. What name does Buck look up while waiting in line in Chapter 4?
4. What does Ken suggest about the people who disappeared?
5. How does Buck know the person he was going to see in London, according to Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story lead did Dirk Burton give Buck that led him to be on the flight to London when the disappearances occurred?
2. What is Rayford struggling with at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. Who does Buck exchange numbers with at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. What is Buck’s plan to get to New York in Chapter 5?
5. How does Alan die in Chapter 10?
6. What does Rayford learn in Chapter 9 by calling the New Hope Village Church?
7. Why does Rayford regret that Chloe is not among the missing?
8. What do Buck and Steve discuss in Chapter 8?
9. Why does Ken pick Buck up from the airport at the beginning of Chapter 7?
10. Who does Buck call when he arrives in Frankfurt at the beginning of Chapter 12?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)