|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Buck learn about Dirk in Chapter 9?
(a) He is dead
(b) He is in the hospital
(c) He will not speak to Buck anymore
(d) He is working for Carpathia
2. What do many assume is the cause of the disappearances, according to Chapter 4?
(a) A miraculous event
(b) A disease
(d) A weapon
3. Who does Buck learn about his family from at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) His father
(b) His cousin
(c) His brother
(d) His sister-in-law
4. What does Buck discover when he wakes up at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) He i the only passenger left on the plane
(b) He has missed his deadline
(c) People around him are missing
(d) There has been another bombing in Israel
5. What does Alan tell Buck about Dirk’s death in Chapter 10?
(a) It was not an accident
(b) It was not suicide
(c) It was faked
(d) It was exactly as it appears
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rayford want to know about in Chapter 7?
2. How does Buck know the person he was going to see in London, according to Chapter 5?
3. What call does Buck make in the pub in Chapter 10?
4. How does Buck intend to get to New York, according to the end of Chapter 5?
5. What issue do Rayford and Chloe debate in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conclusion does Rayford come to about his marriage in Chapter 8?
2. What does Rayford believe about what he learns from Bruce in Chapter 11?
3. Why does Rayford regret that Chloe is not among the missing?
4. What family does Buck have out west that he wants to know about after the disappearances?
5. How do Rayford and Chloe react when Bruce invites them to church in Chapter 11?
6. What do Buck and Steve discuss in Chapter 8?
7. Who does Buck call when he arrives in Frankfurt at the beginning of Chapter 12?
8. Why does Ken pick Buck up from the airport at the beginning of Chapter 7?
9. What does Rayford want to know more about in Chapter 7?
10. How does Alan die in Chapter 10?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)