|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lear want to write to in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. What is the story about that Lear tells in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who meets Lear in the woods in Act 3?
4. What does Fontanelle beg of Lear in Act 2?
5. Who arrives asking for water in Act 3, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the climax of Lear? How does this climax reflect both the actions in the play and the thematic climax? What has been sacrificed?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the irony that is evident in Lear. What different forms of irony does Bond employ in the play? Define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Bond uses Imagery in Lear to further illustrate his theme and characters. What are some examples from the play? Define the term "imagery" in your answer.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)