|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lear before leaving the prison cell?
2. What do the prisoners pass around in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who says, "I tried to follow you but when we got out in the open the wind was too strong, it pushed me back"?
4. What does Lear beg the son not to do in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. Which character says, "I have lived with murderers and thugs, there are limits to their greed and violence, but you decent, honest men devour the earth"?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Lear and the Ghost. How are these characters similar? How are they different? What is ironic about their friendship?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Bond uses Imagery in Lear to further illustrate his theme and characters. What are some examples from the play? Define the term "imagery" in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary theme of Lear? How is this theme expressed through the characters and the actions of the play?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)