|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lear tell Bodice he has done to Fontanelle in the cell?
2. Who offers to go infiltrate the camps and gain support against the crown in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What do the soldiers contemplate doing in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. Where does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
5. What does Lear beg the son not to do in Act 2, Scene 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you empathize with any characters in the play? Who? Why do you feel regard or disregard for these characters? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Bond uses Imagery in Lear to further illustrate his theme and characters. What are some examples from the play? Define the term "imagery" in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary motif in Lear? What is the definition of the term "motif"? How does Bond employ this motif as a means to further illustrate his theme?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)