|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "For as long as I can remember there was misery and waste and suffering wherever you were. You live in your own mad world, you can't hear me"?
2. Who does Carpenter tell Fontanelle has been captured?
3. Whose food does Lear offer to the newcomers at the house?
4. Who tells Lear that Cordelia will come the following day in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Where has Lear been taken from in Act 2, Scene 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the characteristics of the traditional tragic hero? What characteristics does Lear embody that make him the tragic hero of the play?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Lear's being blinded? How does this relate to actions in Shakespeare's Lear? What is the symbolism that this act illustrates?
Essay Topic 3
What is the primary theme of Lear? How is this theme expressed through the characters and the actions of the play?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)