|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Lear call when he's being led by the soldiers?
2. What does Thomas say to the villagers after Lear has kicked them all out?
3. What do the soldiers contemplate doing in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What is the story about that Lear tells in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Where does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the irony that is evident in Lear. What different forms of irony does Bond employ in the play? Define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the primary motif in Lear? What is the definition of the term "motif"? How does Bond employ this motif as a means to further illustrate his theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the production history of Bond's Lear. How has it been received by the public? What characteristics of the play make it controversial? Why?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)