|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lear before leaving the prison cell?
2. Who does Carpenter tell Fontanelle has been captured?
3. What formation is nearby in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. What does Cordelia ask of Lear in Act 3?
5. Who is leading Lear in Act 3, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Define the terms "action" and "objective." What are the overarching actions and objectives of Bodice and Fontanelle? How do these actions connect to the plot of the play?
Essay Topic 2Define the term "foreshadowing." What are examples of foreshadowing in Bond's Lear? What is the purpose of his use of foreshadowing? Does it create tension? Does it set up irony? Does it reflect the theme?
Essay Topic 3What is the primary theme of Lear? How is this theme expressed through the characters and the actions of the play?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)