|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 6 take place?
2. What does Carpenter tell the soldiers they don't have left?
3. Who does Carpenter tell Fontanelle has been captured?
4. Where has Lear been taken from in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What does the Junior Officer do to Lear in the last scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Edward Bond's Lear and Shakespeare's Lear. Why did Bond choose to adapt and essentially rewrite elements of Shakespeare's play? What elements of action and character did he alter? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Define the terms "action" and "objective." What are the overarching actions and objectives of Bodice and Fontanelle? How do these actions connect to the plot of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Lear and Cornelia. How do these characters change in the course of the play? How do their interests diverge from one another?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)