|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Lear play in the play?
2. Who says, "Men destroy themselves and say it's their duty? It's not possible"?
3. What does Lear beg the son not to do in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Who was buried near where Lear is in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What does Lear do in the last scene of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the irony that is evident in Lear. What different forms of irony does Bond employ in the play? Define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Lear and his daughters. How are their actions similar? How are they different? How are their motivations related?
Essay Topic 3
Define the terms "action" and "objective." What are the overarching actions and objectives of Bodice and Fontanelle? How do these actions connect to the plot of the play?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)