|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story about that Lear tells in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Why does the Small Man say he looks ragged to Thomas?
3. What are the soldiers studying in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. Who says, "Men destroy themselves and say it's their duty? It's not possible"?
5. Which character says, "If God made the world, might would always be right, that would be so wise, we'd be spared so much suffering. But we made the world--out of our smallness and weakness"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you empathize with any characters in the play? Who? Why do you feel regard or disregard for these characters? Cite examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Bond uses Imagery in Lear to further illustrate his theme and characters. What are some examples from the play? Define the term "imagery" in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the climax of Lear? How does this climax reflect both the actions in the play and the thematic climax? What has been sacrificed?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)