|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "But if you listened to everything your conscience told you you'd go mad. You'd never get anything done--and there's a lot to do, some of it very hard"?
2. What do the soldiers contemplate doing in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who accompanies Lear in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Who was buried near where Lear is in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. How much time passes between Act 3, Scene 1 and Act 3, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the irony that is evident in Lear. What different forms of irony does Bond employ in the play? Define the terms in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the production history of Bond's Lear. How has it been received by the public? What characteristics of the play make it controversial? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What does Fontanelle's execution and subsequent on-stage autopsy contribute to the play? What change comes about because of this scene? Do you agree or disagree with the choice to put this scene on stage? Why or why not?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)