|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Small Man say they're saying in the camps?
(a) That Cordelia will have them all killed.
(b) That there's a revolution brewing.
(c) That Lear is a traitor.
(d) That Lear will blow up the wall.
2. Whom does Carpenter have tied up when he arrives in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
(b) The soldiers.
3. What is one of Lear's greatest flaws?
(d) Self righteousness.
4. Which character says, "For as long as I can remember there was misery and waste and suffering wherever you were. You live in your own mad world, you can't hear me"?
(a) The Ghost.
5. Who says, "Men destroy themselves and say it's their duty? It's not possible"?
(b) The Ghost.
(d) The farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Ghost promise to lead Lear after leaving the prison?
2. What does the Junior Officer do to Lear in the last scene?
3. Where is the farmer's boy going?
4. Which character says, "I have lived with murderers and thugs, there are limits to their greed and violence, but you decent, honest men devour the earth"?
5. What do the prisoners pass around in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)