|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Cordelia ordered Lear to stop doing?
(a) Speaking publicly.
(b) Fighting the rebels.
(c) Feeding the poor.
(d) Arresting soldiers.
2. What happened to Lear before leaving the prison cell?
(a) He was scalded.
(b) His tongue was cut out.
(c) His arm was severed.
(d) His eyes were removed.
3. What is the story about that Lear tells in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bird.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A soldier.
4. Whom does Lear want to write to in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
5. Where does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
(a) At the wall.
(b) At the battle field.
(c) At the castle.
(d) At the grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Carpenter have tied up when he arrives in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does the prisoner do to Fontanelle's body?
3. Who says, "I came here when I was cold and hungry and afraid. I wasn't turned away, and I won't turn anyone away"?
4. What character is introduced in Act 3?
5. Who leads Susan back into the house at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)