|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "If God made the world, might would always be right, that would be so wise, we'd be spared so much suffering. But we made the world--out of our smallness and weakness"?
(b) The Ghost.
2. What does the prisoner do to Fontanelle's body?
(a) Revives it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Removes it.
(d) Autopsies it.
3. What does Lear do in the last scene of the play?
(a) Chases away the pigs.
(b) Shoots Cordelia.
(c) Hangs himself.
(d) Attempts to dig up the wall.
4. What has Cordelia ordered Lear to stop doing?
(a) Speaking publicly.
(b) Arresting soldiers.
(c) Feeding the poor.
(d) Fighting the rebels.
5. What year was <i>Lear</i> written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the civilians being sent in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. What does Thomas say to the villagers after Lear has kicked them all out?
3. For whom does Lear call when he's being led by the soldiers?
4. Who tells Lear that Cordelia will come the following day in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What formation is nearby in Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)