|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas say to the villagers after Lear has kicked them all out?
(a) To wait in the village.
(b) To leave the country.
(c) To go to Cordelia.
(d) To go to the camps.
2. Which character says, "I have lived with murderers and thugs, there are limits to their greed and violence, but you decent, honest men devour the earth"?
3. What does Fontanelle beg of Lear in Act 2?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) To kill her.
(c) To reason with the soldiers to let them free.
(d) To let her be Queen.
4. Who kills the Ghost?
(a) The pigs.
5. Who does Carpenter tell Fontanelle has been captured?
(a) The Ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lear before leaving the prison cell?
2. What does Cordelia ask of Lear in Act 3?
3. Who accompanies the soldiers in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What role does Lear play in the play?
5. Who says, "But if you listened to everything your conscience told you you'd go mad. You'd never get anything done--and there's a lot to do, some of it very hard"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)