|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is introduced in Act 3?
(b) All of the answers are true.
2. Whom does Lear want to write to in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
3. What does Cordelia ask of Lear in Act 3?
(a) To hand over the stowaways.
(b) To stop speaking against the government.
(c) To free the pigs.
(d) To leave the country.
4. Who says, "You have two enemies, lies and the truth. You sacrifice truth to destroy lies, and you sacrifice life to destroy death. It isn't sane"?
5. What does the Small Man say they're saying in the camps?
(a) That Lear will blow up the wall.
(b) That Cordelia will have them all killed.
(c) That there's a revolution brewing.
(d) That Lear is a traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "For as long as I can remember there was misery and waste and suffering wherever you were. You live in your own mad world, you can't hear me"?
2. What is one of the main themes of Lear?
3. To whom does Lear say, "Don't ask them for favours. Walk with us. Be gentle and don't pull," in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. Where does Act 3 begin?
5. What does Carpenter tell the soldiers they don't have left?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)