|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cordelia ask of Lear in Act 3?
(a) To hand over the stowaways.
(b) To leave the country.
(c) To free the pigs.
(d) To stop speaking against the government.
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 6 take place?
(a) The woods.
(b) Lear's cell.
(c) The War Room.
(d) The battlefield.
3. What does Lear tell Bodice he has done to Fontanelle in the cell?
(a) Destroyed her.
(b) Forgiven her.
(c) Freed her.
(d) Loved her.
4. Who offers to help Lear escape the prison?
(c) The Ghost.
5. What does Lear beg the son not to do in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Desert him.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Go to the work camps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Susan's husband?
2. Who is brought in with a rebel soldier in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who does Lear want to live for at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What is the story about that Lear tells in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Why does the Small Man say he looks ragged to Thomas?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)