|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom are the soldiers looking in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Small Man.
2. What role does Lear play in the play?
(b) Tragic hero.
3. Who says, "You have two enemies, lies and the truth. You sacrifice truth to destroy lies, and you sacrifice life to destroy death. It isn't sane"?
4. Who returns in Act 2, Scene 6?
(b) The Steward.
(c) The child.
(d) The Ghost.
5. Why doesn't Thomas want the others to stay at the house?
(a) They'll be persecuted.
(b) They are spies.
(c) They are dangerous.
(d) They are soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lear do in the last scene of the play?
2. Who tells Lear that Cordelia will come the following day in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who accompanies the soldiers in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. Where does the Ghost promise to lead Lear after leaving the prison?
5. What do the soldiers contemplate doing in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)