|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "You have two enemies, lies and the truth. You sacrifice truth to destroy lies, and you sacrifice life to destroy death. It isn't sane"?
2. Who offers to help Lear escape the prison?
(c) The Ghost.
3. How much time passes between Act 3, Scene 1 and Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Several months.
(b) One day.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One year.
4. What year was <i>Lear</i> written?
5. What does Lear tell Bodice he has done to Fontanelle in the cell?
(a) Forgiven her.
(b) Loved her.
(c) Destroyed her.
(d) Freed her.
6. Where does the Ghost promise to lead Lear after leaving the prison?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the house he lived in.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To the battle field.
7. What does the Small Man say they're saying in the camps?
(a) That Cordelia will have them all killed.
(b) That Lear will blow up the wall.
(c) That Lear is a traitor.
(d) That there's a revolution brewing.
8. Whose food does Lear offer to the newcomers at the house?
(b) His own.
9. Where has Lear been taken from in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The prison.
(b) The church.
(c) The well.
(d) The graveyard.
10. For whom are the soldiers looking in Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) The Small Man.
11. What does the prisoner do to Fontanelle's body?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Removes it.
(c) Autopsies it.
(d) Revives it.
12. Which character says, "I have lived with murderers and thugs, there are limits to their greed and violence, but you decent, honest men devour the earth"?
13. Who says, "I tried to follow you but when we got out in the open the wind was too strong, it pushed me back"?
(b) The Ghost.
14. How does Fontanelle die?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She is beheaded.
(c) She is hanged.
(d) She is shot.
15. What does the Junior Officer do to Lear in the last scene?
(a) Hangs him.
(b) Leaves him.
(c) Frees him.
(d) Shoots him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lear do in the last scene of the play?
2. Who leads Susan back into the house at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who does Lear want to live for at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What is used to kill Bodice?
5. Who wrote the original <i>King Lear</i> upon which Bond based his play?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)