|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Lear say, "Don't ask them for favours. Walk with us. Be gentle and don't pull," in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does the prisoner do to Fontanelle's body?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Autopsies it.
(c) Removes it.
(d) Revives it.
3. What is used to kill Bodice?
(a) A bayonet.
(b) A noose.
(c) A rifle.
4. Who was buried near where Lear is in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Susan and Thomas.
(b) Warrington and the Gravedigger's Boy.
(c) Thomas and John.
(d) Bodice and Fontanelle.
5. For whom does Lear call when he's being led by the soldiers?
(c) The Ghost.
6. Where does Act 2, Scene 6 take place?
(a) Lear's cell.
(b) The woods.
(c) The War Room.
(d) The battlefield.
7. What does Lear tell Bodice he has done to Fontanelle in the cell?
(a) Loved her.
(b) Forgiven her.
(c) Freed her.
(d) Destroyed her.
8. What year was <i>Lear</i> written?
9. What does Cordelia ask of Lear in Act 3?
(a) To hand over the stowaways.
(b) To leave the country.
(c) To free the pigs.
(d) To stop speaking against the government.
10. Who is the Junior Officer in the last scene?
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
(d) The Farmer's Boy.
11. What does Lear kneel by in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The wall.
(b) The well.
(c) The river.
(d) The castle.
12. Where does the Ghost promise to lead Lear after leaving the prison?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the battle field.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To the house he lived in.
13. Which character says, "If God made the world, might would always be right, that would be so wise, we'd be spared so much suffering. But we made the world--out of our smallness and weakness"?
(c) The Ghost.
14. Why does the Small Man say he looks ragged to Thomas?
(a) He was fighting in the war.
(b) He's been living with wolves.
(c) He's a spy.
(d) He was beaten by thugs.
15. Who leads Susan back into the house at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the main themes of Lear?
2. Who accompanies Lear in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. Who says, "You have two enemies, lies and the truth. You sacrifice truth to destroy lies, and you sacrifice life to destroy death. It isn't sane"?
4. Who does Lear want to live for at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Where has Lear been taken from in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)