|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Thomas want the others to stay at the house?
(a) They are dangerous.
(b) They are soldiers.
(c) They are spies.
(d) They'll be persecuted.
2. Who says, "You have two enemies, lies and the truth. You sacrifice truth to destroy lies, and you sacrifice life to destroy death. It isn't sane"?
3. For whom does Lear call when he's being led by the soldiers?
(a) The Ghost.
4. What are the soldiers studying in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A map.
(b) A ravine.
(c) A canyon.
(d) A dead soldier.
5. What does Lear kneel by in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The well.
(b) The wall.
(c) The river.
(d) The castle.
6. Whom do the soldiers come to take away in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Cordelia and the Gravedigger's Boy.
(b) Ben and the Small Man.
7. Whose food does Lear offer to the newcomers at the house?
(b) His own.
8. What year was <i>Lear</i> written?
9. What sound startles the soldiers in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Cannon fire.
(c) A car.
(d) A train.
10. What happens to the prisoners who are led out in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) They are hanged.
(b) They are freed.
(c) They are knighted.
(d) They are shot.
11. Who is the Junior Officer in the last scene?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
(c) The Farmer's Boy.
12. Where is the farmer's boy going?
(a) To the castle.
(b) To the work camp.
(c) To the fields.
(d) To join the army.
13. What is used to kill Bodice?
(a) A bayonet.
(b) A noose.
(c) A rifle.
14. What does Thomas say to the villagers after Lear has kicked them all out?
(a) To go to Cordelia.
(b) To wait in the village.
(c) To leave the country.
(d) To go to the camps.
15. Who offers to go infiltrate the camps and gain support against the crown in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Susan's husband?
2. Who arrives after the soldiers leave in Act 3 Scene 1?
3. Who says, "I tried to follow you but when we got out in the open the wind was too strong, it pushed me back"?
4. Who does Lear ask to lead him on a journey in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What is one of Lear's greatest flaws?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)