|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The woods
(b) The orchard.
(c) The house.
(d) The castle.
2. Whom do the soldiers come to take away in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Cordelia and the Gravedigger's Boy.
(c) Ben and the Small Man.
3. What formation is nearby in Act 2, Scene 7?
(b) The well.
(c) The wall.
(d) The tower.
4. What does Lear tell Bodice he has done to Fontanelle in the cell?
(a) Forgiven her.
(b) Destroyed her.
(c) Loved her.
(d) Freed her.
5. Where has Lear been taken from in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The well.
(c) The prison.
(d) The church.
6. Who says, "I came here when I was cold and hungry and afraid. I wasn't turned away, and I won't turn anyone away"?
(d) The Small Man.
7. Who says, "You have two enemies, lies and the truth. You sacrifice truth to destroy lies, and you sacrifice life to destroy death. It isn't sane"?
8. Who is brought in with a rebel soldier in Act 2, Scene 5?
9. What does Lear ask of Cornelia in Act 3?
(a) To free him.
(b) To leave the country.
(c) To speak to the people.
(d) To tear down the wall.
10. Who says, "Men destroy themselves and say it's their duty? It's not possible"?
(a) The Ghost.
(b) The farmer.
11. Whose food does Lear offer to the newcomers at the house?
(a) His own.
12. What do the soldiers tell the Small Man will be done to him in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He will be freed.
(b) He will be shot.
(c) He will be hanged.
(d) He will be put on the wall.
13. Whom does Lear want to write to in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
14. Why is the Ghost upset with Lear in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He stole from the watchmen.
(b) He didn't tell Cornelia he was there.
(c) He refused to die nobly.
(d) He accused the Ghost of murder.
15. Who arrives after the soldiers leave in Act 3 Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Lear in Act 2, Scene 7?
2. Who does Lear want to live for at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who is gagged in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What does the Junior Officer do to Lear in the last scene?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 6 take place?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)