|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Lear and the Ghost in Act 2, Scene 7?
(b) A farmer.
2. Whom does Lear want to write to in Act 2, Scene 7?
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy.
3. What does the Junior Officer do to Lear in the last scene?
(a) Hangs him.
(b) Frees him.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Leaves him.
4. Why is the Ghost upset with Lear in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He stole from the watchmen.
(b) He refused to die nobly.
(c) He accused the Ghost of murder.
(d) He didn't tell Cornelia he was there.
5. What historical event shaped Edward Bond's writing?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Great Famine.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Vietnam War.
6. What do the soldiers contemplate doing in Act 2, Scene 5?
7. What do the soldiers tell the Small Man will be done to him in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He will be put on the wall.
(b) He will be hanged.
(c) He will be freed.
(d) He will be shot.
8. What are the soldiers studying in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A dead soldier.
(b) A canyon.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A map.
9. Where does the Ghost promise to lead Lear after leaving the prison?
(a) To the cemetery.
(b) To the battle field.
(c) To the house he lived in.
(d) To the church.
10. Which character says, "I have lived with murderers and thugs, there are limits to their greed and violence, but you decent, honest men devour the earth"?
11. Where has Lear been taken from in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The church.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The prison.
(d) The well.
12. Who arrives after the soldiers leave in Act 3 Scene 1?
13. What has Cordelia ordered Lear to stop doing?
(a) Fighting the rebels.
(b) Feeding the poor.
(c) Speaking publicly.
(d) Arresting soldiers.
14. Why does the Small Man say he looks ragged to Thomas?
(a) He's been living with wolves.
(b) He was fighting in the war.
(c) He was beaten by thugs.
(d) He's a spy.
15. What is the story about that Lear tells in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A bird.
(b) A horse.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Lear that Cordelia will come the following day in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does Carpenter tell the soldiers they don't have left?
3. Whom do the soldiers come to take away in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What sound startles the soldiers in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Who does Carpenter tell Fontanelle has been captured?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)