|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Carpenter have tied up when he arrives in Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) The soldiers.
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy.
2. What role does Lear play in the play?
(a) Tragic hero.
3. How does Fontanelle die?
(a) She is beheaded.
(b) She is shot.
(c) She is hanged.
(d) She is poisoned.
4. What does the Junior Officer do to Lear in the last scene?
(a) Frees him.
(b) Hangs him.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Leaves him.
5. How much time passes between Act 3, Scene 1 and Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Several months.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
6. What does the Small Man say they're saying in the camps?
(a) That there's a revolution brewing.
(b) That Cordelia will have them all killed.
(c) That Lear will blow up the wall.
(d) That Lear is a traitor.
7. Who is Susan's husband?
8. Why does the Small Man say he looks ragged to Thomas?
(a) He's been living with wolves.
(b) He's a spy.
(c) He was beaten by thugs.
(d) He was fighting in the war.
9. What is one of Lear's greatest flaws?
(c) Self righteousness.
10. To whom does Lear say, "Don't ask them for favours. Walk with us. Be gentle and don't pull," in Act 2, Scene 5?
11. Who asks Lear to stand up in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The farmer.
(b) The farmer's wife.
(d) The Ghost.
12. Who does Lear ask to lead him on a journey in Act 3, Scene 3?
13. What sound startles the soldiers in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A car.
(b) Cannon fire.
(d) A train.
14. Who arrives after the soldiers leave in Act 3 Scene 1?
15. What do the soldiers tell the Small Man will be done to him in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He will be hanged.
(b) He will be put on the wall.
(c) He will be shot.
(d) He will be freed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the original <i>King Lear</i> upon which Bond based his play?
2. What does Lear kneel by in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. What formation is nearby in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Who offers to help Lear escape the prison?
5. What does Lear ask of Cornelia in Act 3?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)