|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "If God made the world, might would always be right, that would be so wise, we'd be spared so much suffering. But we made the world--out of our smallness and weakness"?
(b) The Ghost.
2. What is used to kill Bodice?
(a) A noose.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A bayonet.
3. What does Lear do in the last scene of the play?
(a) Attempts to dig up the wall.
(b) Shoots Cordelia.
(c) Hangs himself.
(d) Chases away the pigs.
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 6 take place?
(a) The War Room.
(b) The woods.
(c) Lear's cell.
(d) The battlefield.
5. Who arrives asking for water in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) The Small Man.
6. Why doesn't Thomas want the others to stay at the house?
(a) They are spies.
(b) They'll be persecuted.
(c) They are soldiers.
(d) They are dangerous.
7. What happened to Lear before leaving the prison cell?
(a) His arm was severed.
(b) His tongue was cut out.
(c) His eyes were removed.
(d) He was scalded.
8. Why is the Ghost upset with Lear in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He accused the Ghost of murder.
(b) He refused to die nobly.
(c) He didn't tell Cornelia he was there.
(d) He stole from the watchmen.
9. What does the Junior Officer do to Lear in the last scene?
(a) Frees him.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Hangs him.
(d) Leaves him.
10. Why does the Small Man say he looks ragged to Thomas?
(a) He was fighting in the war.
(b) He was beaten by thugs.
(c) He's been living with wolves.
(d) He's a spy.
11. Which character says, "For as long as I can remember there was misery and waste and suffering wherever you were. You live in your own mad world, you can't hear me"?
(b) The Ghost.
12. Who is the Junior Officer in the last scene?
(a) The Farmer's Boy.
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
13. Where does the Ghost promise to lead Lear after leaving the prison?
(a) To the house he lived in.
(b) To the battle field.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the cemetery.
14. What does Lear tell Bodice he has done to Fontanelle in the cell?
(a) Freed her.
(b) Destroyed her.
(c) Forgiven her.
(d) Loved her.
15. How much time passes between Act 3, Scene 1 and Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) One year.
(b) One day.
(c) Several months.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the soldiers studying in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Who returns in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. Who offers to help Lear escape the prison?
4. Who does Lear ask to lead him on a journey in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. Where does Act 3 begin?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)