|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Lear's greatest flaws?
(a) Self righteousness.
2. Who accompanies Lear in Act 2, Scene 7?
(d) The Ghost.
3. Who says, "You have two enemies, lies and the truth. You sacrifice truth to destroy lies, and you sacrifice life to destroy death. It isn't sane"?
4. Whom do the soldiers come to take away in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Cordelia and the Gravedigger's Boy.
(c) Ben and the Small Man.
5. Who leads Susan back into the house at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
6. Who is the Junior Officer in the last scene?
(c) The Farmer's Boy.
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy.
7. What are the soldiers studying in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A dead soldier.
(b) A canyon.
(c) A map.
(d) A ravine.
8. What role does Lear play in the play?
(c) Tragic hero.
9. Where does Act 3 begin?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy's house.
(b) The War Room.
(c) The castle.
(d) The prison.
10. Who offers to help Lear escape the prison?
(b) The Ghost.
11. To whom does Lear say, "Don't ask them for favours. Walk with us. Be gentle and don't pull," in Act 2, Scene 5?
12. Who does Lear want to live for at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(d) The Ghost.
13. What does Fontanelle beg of Lear in Act 2?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) To reason with the soldiers to let them free.
(c) To kill her.
(d) To let her be Queen.
14. Who approaches Lear and the Ghost in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A farmer.
15. How does Fontanelle die?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She is hanged.
(d) She is beheaded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lear tell Bodice he has done to Fontanelle in the cell?
2. Who returns in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. Who was buried near where Lear is in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What character is introduced in Act 3?
5. What does Lear do in the last scene of the play?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)