|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "For as long as I can remember there was misery and waste and suffering wherever you were. You live in your own mad world, you can't hear me"?
(a) The Ghost.
2. What frightens the pigs, making them run?
(c) The Ghost.
(d) The soldiers.
3. What role does Lear play in the play?
(c) Tragic hero.
4. For whom are the soldiers looking in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) The Small Man.
5. Why does the Small Man say he looks ragged to Thomas?
(a) He's a spy.
(b) He was fighting in the war.
(c) He's been living with wolves.
(d) He was beaten by thugs.
6. Who does Carpenter tell Fontanelle has been captured?
(b) The Ghost.
7. Where does the Ghost promise to lead Lear after leaving the prison?
(a) To the house he lived in.
(b) To the cemetery.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the battle field.
8. Who leads Susan back into the house at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
9. Where are the civilians being sent in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) To the well.
(b) A work camp.
(c) To the highlands.
(d) To war.
10. Why is the Ghost upset with Lear in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He accused the Ghost of murder.
(b) He didn't tell Cornelia he was there.
(c) He stole from the watchmen.
(d) He refused to die nobly.
11. Whose food does Lear offer to the newcomers at the house?
(d) His own.
12. What does Cordelia ask of Lear in Act 3?
(a) To free the pigs.
(b) To leave the country.
(c) To hand over the stowaways.
(d) To stop speaking against the government.
13. Who tries to convince Susan to leave with him?
(d) The Ghost.
14. Where does Act 3 begin?
(a) The War Room.
(b) The castle.
(c) The prison.
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy's house.
15. Who kills the Ghost?
(b) The pigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lear ask to lead him on a journey in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
3. What does Carpenter tell the soldiers they don't have left?
4. Which character says, "If God made the world, might would always be right, that would be so wise, we'd be spared so much suffering. But we made the world--out of our smallness and weakness"?
5. What happens to the prisoners who are led out in Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)