|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose food does Lear offer to the newcomers at the house?
(b) His own.
2. To whom does Lear say, "Don't ask them for favours. Walk with us. Be gentle and don't pull," in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who leads Susan back into the house at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does Lear ask of Cornelia in Act 3?
(a) To leave the country.
(b) To free him.
(c) To speak to the people.
(d) To tear down the wall.
5. Who is the Junior Officer in the last scene?
(a) The Farmer's Boy.
(b) The Gravedigger's Boy.
6. Who says, "I tried to follow you but when we got out in the open the wind was too strong, it pushed me back"?
(b) The Ghost.
7. Where has Lear been taken from in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The well.
(b) The church.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The prison.
8. What do the soldiers tell the Small Man will be done to him in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He will be put on the wall.
(b) He will be shot.
(c) He will be freed.
(d) He will be hanged.
9. Who was buried near where Lear is in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Susan and Thomas.
(b) Thomas and John.
(c) Warrington and the Gravedigger's Boy.
(d) Bodice and Fontanelle.
10. Who tells Lear that Cordelia will come the following day in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) The Ghost.
11. What role does Lear play in the play?
(a) Tragic hero.
12. What has Cordelia ordered Lear to stop doing?
(a) Feeding the poor.
(b) Fighting the rebels.
(c) Speaking publicly.
(d) Arresting soldiers.
13. What frightens the pigs, making them run?
(b) The soldiers.
(d) The Ghost.
14. Who offers to help Lear escape the prison?
(c) The Ghost.
15. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The orchard.
(b) The woods
(c) The castle.
(d) The house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lear do in the last scene of the play?
2. Who asks Lear to stand up in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. Whom does Lear want to write to in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. What does Thomas say to the villagers after Lear has kicked them all out?
5. Who is leading Lear in Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)