|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fontanelle die?
(a) She is hanged.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She is beheaded.
(d) She is shot.
2. What do the prisoners pass around in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A knife.
(b) A bandage.
(d) A water can.
3. What is used to kill Bodice?
(a) A rifle.
(c) A noose.
(d) A bayonet.
4. What frightens the pigs, making them run?
(c) The Ghost.
(d) The soldiers.
5. What formation is nearby in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The tower.
(c) The well.
(d) The wall.
6. Who arrives after the soldiers leave in Act 3 Scene 1?
7. What happened to Lear before leaving the prison cell?
(a) His arm was severed.
(b) His tongue was cut out.
(c) He was scalded.
(d) His eyes were removed.
8. What is one of Lear's greatest flaws?
(a) Self righteousness.
9. Who was buried near where Lear is in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Susan and Thomas.
(b) Thomas and John.
(c) Bodice and Fontanelle.
(d) Warrington and the Gravedigger's Boy.
10. What does Lear tell Bodice he has done to Fontanelle in the cell?
(a) Freed her.
(b) Loved her.
(c) Destroyed her.
(d) Forgiven her.
11. Who leads Susan back into the house at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
12. What does Carpenter tell the soldiers they don't have left?
(a) A leader.
(b) A HQ.
(c) A chance.
(d) A cause.
13. What year was <i>Lear</i> written?
14. What does Lear ask of Cornelia in Act 3?
(a) To tear down the wall.
(b) To speak to the people.
(c) To leave the country.
(d) To free him.
15. What happens to the prisoners who are led out in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) They are freed.
(b) They are knighted.
(c) They are shot.
(d) They are hanged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 3, Scene 3 take place?
2. What are the soldiers studying in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What does Lear beg the son not to do in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Who accompanies Lear in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. Who says, "I came here when I was cold and hungry and afraid. I wasn't turned away, and I won't turn anyone away"?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)