|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Small Man say they're saying in the camps?
(a) That there's a revolution brewing.
(b) That Lear is a traitor.
(c) That Cordelia will have them all killed.
(d) That Lear will blow up the wall.
2. What is used to kill Bodice?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A bayonet.
(c) A noose.
3. Who does Lear ask to lead him on a journey in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. How does Fontanelle die?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is hanged.
(c) She is beheaded.
(d) She is poisoned.
5. Who wrote the original <i>King Lear</i> upon which Bond based his play?
6. What do the prisoners pass around in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A bandage.
(c) A water can.
(d) A knife.
7. What does Lear do in the last scene of the play?
(a) Attempts to dig up the wall.
(b) Shoots Cordelia.
(c) Chases away the pigs.
(d) Hangs himself.
8. What does Lear tell Bodice he has done to Fontanelle in the cell?
(a) Loved her.
(b) Forgiven her.
(c) Destroyed her.
(d) Freed her.
9. What is one of the main themes of Lear?
10. Where does Act 2, Scene 6 take place?
(a) The woods.
(b) The battlefield.
(c) The War Room.
(d) Lear's cell.
11. What does Lear ask of Cornelia in Act 3?
(a) To speak to the people.
(b) To free him.
(c) To tear down the wall.
(d) To leave the country.
12. Who arrives after the soldiers leave in Act 3 Scene 1?
13. Where are the civilians being sent in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) To the well.
(b) To the highlands.
(c) A work camp.
(d) To war.
14. Who says, "But if you listened to everything your conscience told you you'd go mad. You'd never get anything done--and there's a lot to do, some of it very hard"?
15. Whose food does Lear offer to the newcomers at the house?
(c) His own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carpenter tell the soldiers they don't have left?
2. Who says, "Men destroy themselves and say it's their duty? It's not possible"?
3. Whom do the soldiers come to take away in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "I came here when I was cold and hungry and afraid. I wasn't turned away, and I won't turn anyone away"?
5. Whom does Lear want to write to in Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)