|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lear before leaving the prison cell?
(a) His arm was severed.
(b) His tongue was cut out.
(c) His eyes were removed.
(d) He was scalded.
2. Why doesn't Thomas want the others to stay at the house?
(a) They'll be persecuted.
(b) They are dangerous.
(c) They are spies.
(d) They are soldiers.
3. Who offers to go infiltrate the camps and gain support against the crown in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. How does Fontanelle die?
(a) She is poisoned.
(b) She is hanged.
(c) She is beheaded.
(d) She is shot.
5. Which character says, "If God made the world, might would always be right, that would be so wise, we'd be spared so much suffering. But we made the world--out of our smallness and weakness"?
(b) The Ghost.
6. What does the Junior Officer do to Lear in the last scene?
(a) Leaves him.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Frees him.
(d) Hangs him.
7. Whom do the soldiers come to take away in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Ben and the Small Man.
(d) Cordelia and the Gravedigger's Boy.
8. What is used to kill Bodice?
(b) A rifle.
(c) A noose.
(d) A bayonet.
9. Who kills the Ghost?
(d) The pigs.
10. Why does the Small Man say he looks ragged to Thomas?
(a) He's been living with wolves.
(b) He was beaten by thugs.
(c) He was fighting in the war.
(d) He's a spy.
11. Who accompanies the soldiers in Act 3, Scene 3?
12. What do the soldiers contemplate doing in Act 2, Scene 5?
13. Who says, "I tried to follow you but when we got out in the open the wind was too strong, it pushed me back"?
(c) The Ghost.
14. Who wrote the original <i>King Lear</i> upon which Bond based his play?
15. Where does Act 3 begin?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy's house.
(b) The castle.
(c) The prison.
(d) The War Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to help Lear escape the prison?
2. What is the story about that Lear tells in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who says, "I came here when I was cold and hungry and afraid. I wasn't turned away, and I won't turn anyone away"?
4. What is one of Lear's greatest flaws?
5. Who is brought in with a rebel soldier in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)