|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cordelia ask of Lear in Act 3?
(a) To stop speaking against the government.
(b) To free the pigs.
(c) To hand over the stowaways.
(d) To leave the country.
2. What does Lear tell Bodice he has done to Fontanelle in the cell?
(a) Freed her.
(b) Forgiven her.
(c) Destroyed her.
(d) Loved her.
3. Where has Lear been taken from in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The prison.
(b) The well.
(c) The church.
(d) The graveyard.
4. Who is brought in with a rebel soldier in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What sound startles the soldiers in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Cannon fire.
(c) A car.
(d) A train.
6. Who does Lear want to live for at the end of Act 2, Scene 5?
(d) The Ghost.
7. For whom does Lear call when he's being led by the soldiers?
(b) The Ghost.
8. What happens to the prisoners who are led out in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) They are shot.
(b) They are knighted.
(c) They are hanged.
(d) They are freed.
9. Who tries to convince Susan to leave with him?
(a) The Ghost.
10. How does Fontanelle die?
(a) She is beheaded.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She is shot.
(d) She is hanged.
11. Who says, "Men destroy themselves and say it's their duty? It's not possible"?
(b) The farmer.
(c) The Ghost.
12. Where does the Ghost promise to lead Lear after leaving the prison?
(a) To the battle field.
(b) To the cemetery.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the house he lived in.
13. What has Cordelia ordered Lear to stop doing?
(a) Feeding the poor.
(b) Arresting soldiers.
(c) Fighting the rebels.
(d) Speaking publicly.
14. What does Fontanelle beg of Lear in Act 2?
(a) To let her be Queen.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To kill her.
(d) To reason with the soldiers to let them free.
15. What frightens the pigs, making them run?
(b) The Ghost.
(d) The soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story about that Lear tells in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does Lear ask of Cornelia in Act 3?
3. What does Lear beg the son not to do in Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Who accompanies Lear in Act 2, Scene 7?
5. Who approaches Lear and the Ghost in Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)