|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads Susan back into the house at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What role does Lear play in the play?
(b) Tragic hero.
3. What does Lear beg the son not to do in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Desert him.
(b) Go to the work camps.
(c) Leave the country.
(d) Join the army.
4. What does Lear ask of Cornelia in Act 3?
(a) To free him.
(b) To leave the country.
(c) To tear down the wall.
(d) To speak to the people.
5. What does Lear tell Bodice he has done to Fontanelle in the cell?
(a) Destroyed her.
(b) Forgiven her.
(c) Loved her.
(d) Freed her.
6. What formation is nearby in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) The well.
(b) The tower.
(d) The wall.
7. What sound startles the soldiers in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A train.
(c) Cannon fire.
(d) A car.
8. Whom do the soldiers come to take away in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Ben and the Small Man.
(b) Cordelia and the Gravedigger's Boy.
9. Who says, "You have two enemies, lies and the truth. You sacrifice truth to destroy lies, and you sacrifice life to destroy death. It isn't sane"?
10. What do the soldiers tell the Small Man will be done to him in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He will be put on the wall.
(b) He will be shot.
(c) He will be freed.
(d) He will be hanged.
11. Whom does Carpenter have tied up when he arrives in Act 2, Scene 5?
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
(d) The soldiers.
12. What does Lear do in the last scene of the play?
(a) Hangs himself.
(b) Chases away the pigs.
(c) Attempts to dig up the wall.
(d) Shoots Cordelia.
13. Whose food does Lear offer to the newcomers at the house?
(c) His own.
14. What has Cordelia ordered Lear to stop doing?
(a) Feeding the poor.
(b) Fighting the rebels.
(c) Speaking publicly.
(d) Arresting soldiers.
15. Who is the Junior Officer in the last scene?
(b) The Farmer's Boy.
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Lear that Cordelia will come the following day in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Who accompanies Lear in Act 2, Scene 7?
3. Who is gagged in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. Where does Act 3, Scene 4 take place?
5. What happened to Lear before leaving the prison cell?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)