|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plans to marry the Duke of Cornwall?
2. Who says, "Now I have all the power... and I'm a slave. Worse."?
3. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A parade ground.
(b) A battle field.
(c) A prison.
(d) A church.
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
5. Whom does Lear ask for while in the prison cell?
(a) His daughters.
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
6. Which character says, "Virility! It'd be easier to get blood out of a stone, and far more probable. I've bribed a major on his staff to shoot him in the battle"?
7. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Cornwall suggest be done with Lear?
(a) Put him in prison.
(b) Banish him.
(c) Free him.
(d) Execute him.
8. Who asks to stay with Lear in his cell?
(b) The Orderly.
(c) The Ghost.
9. What does Lear think attacked him in his sleep?
(a) A wild bear.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A ghost.
10. Who has been captured in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
11. Who is the first to sit on the witness stand at Lear's trial?
12. Who is present in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) All of the answers are true.
13. Who claims he has been blind for seven years on the stand at Lear's trial?
(a) Old Sailor.
14. What is Bodice doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
15. Who does the Gravedigger's Boy tell Lear has left him, and "wanted a horse to take him to town"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one of Lear's daughters?
2. Where do Bodice and Fontanelle plan to meet at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What happened to the gift Fontanelle was given as a child?
4. What does the Wounded Soldier see before he dies onstage?
5. Which character says, "They are my sheep and if one of them is lost I'd take fire to hell to bring him out"?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)