|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has killed one of the workers on the wall?
(a) A fallen stone.
(b) A fallen axe.
(c) An explosion.
(d) A bear.
2. Why does Lear, in an aside, tell his daughter the workman is being executed?
(a) Because his hut is unlivable.
(b) Because he's really a traitor.
(c) To make the workers work faster.
(d) Because he's hired by Cornwall.
3. What does the Wounded Soldier see before he dies onstage?
(a) The stars.
(b) His wife.
(c) The moon.
(d) The ocean.
4. Which of the following is one of Lear's daughters?
5. Who says, "Now I have all the power... and I'm a slave. Worse."?
6. Who plans to marry the Duke of Cornwall?
7. Why does the Boy say his wife is upset?
(a) She was raped.
(b) She's crazy.
(c) She's been tortured.
(d) She's pregnant.
8. What does Lear recognize in the well bucket?
(b) A dagger.
(d) A baby.
9. What do the soldiers do to the wife of the Gravedigger's Boy?
(a) Shoot her.
(b) Arrest her.
(c) Drown her.
(d) Rape her.
10. Who initially protests the execution of the workman at the wall?
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
11. Who stabs knitting needles into Warrington's ears?
12. How does Lear order the workman killed in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Firing squad.
13. Who enters with a wooden box in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
(b) The Carpenter.
14. Who does Fontanelle say posed for her husband's portraits?
(a) An actor.
(c) His brother.
(d) His son.
15. What does Bodice demand be handed to Lear while at the trial?
(a) A letter.
(b) A baby.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A goblet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Gravedigger's Boy discover the water for the well?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, who claims to have proof that the "enemies" Lear speaks of are not actually enemies?
3. What does Bodice say regarding the prisons in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What is the name of the wife of the Gravedigger's Boy?
5. What does Bodice say as she leaves Lear's prison cell?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)