|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "We won't chain ourselves to the dead, or send our children to school in the graveyard"?
2. What does the Gravedigger's Boy say his wife would like to do?
(a) Betray the king.
(b) Go back to her father.
(c) Put a fence around them.
(d) Marry the Carpenter.
3. Which character says, "Politics is the higher form of justice"?
4. Who stabs knitting needles into Warrington's ears?
5. What gift from her childhood does Fontanelle remind her father of when she stands trial against him?
(a) A cow.
(b) A bird.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
6. How does Lear order the workman killed in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Firing squad.
7. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A battle field.
(b) A prison.
(c) A parade ground.
(d) A church.
8. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Cornwall suggest be done with Lear?
(a) Free him.
(b) Banish him.
(c) Put him in prison.
(d) Execute him.
9. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
10. Who has been captured in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
11. Who asks to stay with Lear in his cell?
(a) The Ghost.
(c) The Orderly.
12. Whom does Lear ask for while in the prison cell?
(a) His daughters.
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
13. What happens to the captured soldier in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He joins the rebels.
(d) He is freed.
14. Who is planning to marry the Duke of North?
15. What has killed one of the workers on the wall?
(a) A bear.
(b) A fallen stone.
(c) A fallen axe.
(d) An explosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the gift Fontanelle was given as a child?
2. Whose dress does Bodice wear in the prison cell?
3. Which of the following is one of Lear's daughters?
4. What does the Gravedigger's Boy tell Lear that the soldiers are doing?
5. Who has died at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)