|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one of Lear's daughters?
2. Who accompanies Lear in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. Who says in an aside that she is disappointed in her husband?
4. How does Lear respond to the judge when asked, "And these ladies are your daughters?"?
(c) I loved them.
(d) They betrayed me.
5. Who is addressing a battle regiment in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. Whose dress does Bodice wear in the prison cell?
(a) Her daughter's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) Her sister's.
7. What job does the Wife give the Carpenter to do?
(a) Mending the door.
(b) Cleaning the well.
(c) Tending Lear.
(d) Tending the pigs.
8. What does the Boy say his wife keeps?
9. Who enters carrying bread and water in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
10. What does Bodice say as she leaves Lear's prison cell?
(a) The war has ended.
(b) You'll be executed tomorrow.
(c) Mother's dead. I must serve tea.
(d) I'm taking you to hell with me.
11. Who claims he has been blind for seven years on the stand at Lear's trial?
(b) Old Sailor.
12. Who does the Gravedigger's Boy tell Lear has left him, and "wanted a horse to take him to town"?
13. What action does Bodice perform throughout Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) She sings.
(b) She paints.
(c) She knits.
(d) She paces.
14. Where is Lear taken after the trial?
(a) A prison cell.
(b) The guillotine.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) The firing squad.
15. Who is present in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) All of the answers are true.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to marry the Duke of Cornwall?
2. How did the Gravedigger's Boy discover the water for the well?
3. Who appears to Lear in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "Now I have all the power... and I'm a slave. Worse."?
5. How does Lear order the workman killed in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)