|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who maniacally encourages the torture of Warrington?
2. Who appears to Lear in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Ghost.
3. What is the name of the wife of the Gravedigger's Boy?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Daughters' War Council.
(b) The Prison.
(c) The King's Chambers.
(d) The Battlefield.
5. Who is present in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) All of the answers are true.
6. Who is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 3?
7. How did the Gravedigger's Boy discover the water for the well?
(a) Digging his daughter's grave.
(b) Digging his father's grave.
(c) Digging his mother's grave.
(d) Fighting in a war.
8. Where is Lear taken after the trial?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) A prison cell.
(c) The guillotine.
(d) The firing squad.
9. What job does the Wife give the Carpenter to do?
(a) Tending Lear.
(b) Tending the pigs.
(c) Mending the door.
(d) Cleaning the well.
10. Why do the soldiers enter Lear's prison cell in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To search it.
(b) To beat him.
(c) To take his daughters away.
(d) To take him to the tower.
11. Who enters with a wooden box in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) The Carpenter.
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
12. Who advises the king to refuse the war?
(a) The Captain.
13. What is the name of the Orderly?
14. What does the Gravedigger's Boy find in the well?
(a) A dead pig.
(b) Warrington's body.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A knife.
15. What does Lear find on the ground in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A sword.
(d) A dead soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fontanelle say posed for her husband's portraits?
2. Which character says, "O don't waste your hypocrisy on me. You tried to kill yours once. My spies told me and they don't lie. They're the only moral institution in this country"?
3. What happens to the captured soldier in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. Who says, "We won't chain ourselves to the dead, or send our children to school in the graveyard"?
5. What news from her aides does Fontanelle tell Bodice in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)