|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lear recognize in the well bucket?
(b) A baby.
(d) A dagger.
2. Who is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What gift from her childhood does Fontanelle remind her father of when she stands trial against him?
(a) A bird.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cow.
4. Who advises the king to refuse the war?
(a) The Captain.
5. What is the name of the wife of the Gravedigger's Boy?
6. Why does Lear insist his enemies hate him?
(a) He has starved their people.
(b) He has taken their kingdoms.
(c) He killed their fathers.
(d) He has built a wall.
7. What does the Carpenter bring to the Wife?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A pig.
(c) A cradle.
8. What does Fontanelle complain about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Her feet are wet.
(b) Her hands are cold.
(c) She doesn't approve of the wall.
(d) She is hungry.
9. Where is Lear taken after the trial?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The guillotine.
(c) A prison cell.
(d) The firing squad.
10. What do the soldiers do to the wife of the Gravedigger's Boy?
(a) Arrest her.
(b) Shoot her.
(c) Rape her.
(d) Drown her.
11. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A church.
(b) A battle field.
(c) A parade ground.
(d) A prison.
12. Which character says, "I feel confidence in my bones. That's never failed me. If only I were a young man" in Act 1, Scene 2?
13. What does Lear think attacked him in his sleep?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A wild bear.
(d) A wolf.
14. What news from her aides does Fontanelle tell Bodice in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Their husbands have run away.
(b) Warrington is on his way.
(c) The rebels have won the war.
(d) Their father has escaped.
15. Who says, "We won't chain ourselves to the dead, or send our children to school in the graveyard"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who initially protests the execution of the workman at the wall?
2. Who has died at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, who claims to have proof that the "enemies" Lear speaks of are not actually enemies?
4. What does Bodice demand be handed to Lear while at the trial?
5. What does Lear find on the ground in Act 1, Scene 5?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)