|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lear order the workman killed in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Firing squad.
2. Who says, "Now I have all the power... and I'm a slave. Worse."?
3. Who asks to stay with Lear in his cell?
(a) The Ghost.
(d) The Orderly.
4. What job does the Wife give the Carpenter to do?
(a) Mending the door.
(b) Cleaning the well.
(c) Tending Lear.
(d) Tending the pigs.
5. Why does the Gravedigger's Boy tell Lear that the Carpenter is always around?
(a) He wants to steal the water.
(b) He works for the army.
(c) He's in love with his wife.
(d) He's spying on them.
6. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The chapel.
(b) Prison area.
(c) King's quarters.
(d) The war room.
7. Who accompanies Lear in Act 1, Scene 5?
8. Where do Bodice and Fontanelle plan to meet at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The Tower.
(b) The Council of War.
(c) The Wall.
(d) The Prison.
9. What happened to the gift Fontanelle was given as a child?
(a) It was given away.
(b) It was shot.
(c) It was bludgeoned.
(d) It was set afire.
10. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The prison.
(b) The woods.
(c) The War Chamber.
(d) The King's Quarters.
11. What is Bodice doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
12. Who has asked Warrington to betray the king?
(b) The Captain.
(c) Lear's daughters.
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy.
13. What does Lear ask of Fontanelle while in the prison cell?
(a) To let him brush her hair.
(b) To sing to him.
(c) To sit on his lap.
(d) To kiss him goodbye.
14. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Cornwall suggest be done with Lear?
(a) Execute him.
(b) Banish him.
(c) Free him.
(d) Put him in prison.
15. Which character says, "Politics is the higher form of justice"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has been captured in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who is planning to marry the Duke of North?
3. Who is present in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Lear recognize in the well bucket?
5. Who suggests the workman be imprisoned rather than executed?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)