|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been captured in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) The Gravedigger's Boy.
2. Who speaks of an animal in a cage at the trial?
(d) Old Sailor.
3. What does Fontanelle complain about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She doesn't approve of the wall.
(b) Her hands are cold.
(c) She is hungry.
(d) Her feet are wet.
4. What news from her aides does Fontanelle tell Bodice in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Their husbands have run away.
(b) Warrington is on his way.
(c) The rebels have won the war.
(d) Their father has escaped.
5. Whom does Lear ask for while in the prison cell?
(a) His daughters.
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy.
6. Who is planning to marry the Duke of North?
7. How have Lear's daughters had contact with the dukes?
(a) Letters and photographs.
(b) Visits with the dukes in the castle.
(c) Secret meetings.
(d) Through servants.
8. What job does the Wife give the Carpenter to do?
(a) Tending the pigs.
(b) Mending the door.
(c) Cleaning the well.
(d) Tending Lear.
9. What does Bodice hand to Fontanelle in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her wool.
(b) Warrants to sign.
(c) Their marriage licenses.
(d) Her mirror.
10. What does the Gravedigger's Boy find in the well?
(a) A dead pig.
(b) A soldier.
(c) Warrington's body.
(d) A knife.
11. Who says, "We won't chain ourselves to the dead, or send our children to school in the graveyard"?
12. What does the Gravedigger's Boy tell Lear that the soldiers are doing?
(a) Dying en masse.
(b) Pulling down the wall.
(c) Deserting his daughters.
(d) Searching for Warrington.
13. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Battlefield.
(b) The Daughters' War Council.
(c) The King's Chambers.
(d) The Prison.
14. Who suggests the workman be imprisoned rather than executed?
(a) The Duke of Cornwall.
(d) The Duke of Westminster.
15. Which character says, "O don't waste your hypocrisy on me. You tried to kill yours once. My spies told me and they don't lie. They're the only moral institution in this country"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to sit on the witness stand at Lear's trial?
2. Who has asked Warrington to betray the king?
3. Who has died at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Which character says, "They are my sheep and if one of them is lost I'd take fire to hell to bring him out"?
5. Why do the soldiers enter Lear's prison cell in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)