|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bodice hand to Fontanelle in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her mirror.
(b) Their marriage licenses.
(c) Her wool.
(d) Warrants to sign.
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The war room.
(b) King's quarters.
(c) Prison area.
(d) The chapel.
3. What does Bodice demand be handed to Lear while at the trial?
(a) A letter.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A goblet.
(d) A baby.
4. What does Lear think attacked him in his sleep?
(a) A wild bear.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A wolf.
5. Who has been captured in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) The Gravedigger's Boy.
6. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Cornwall suggest be done with Lear?
(a) Execute him.
(b) Free him.
(c) Put him in prison.
(d) Banish him.
7. Who advises the king to refuse the war?
(a) The Captain.
8. Who maniacally encourages the torture of Warrington?
9. Where is Lear taken after the trial?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) The guillotine.
(c) The firing squad.
(d) A prison cell.
10. Whom does Lear accuse of betraying him in court?
(b) Old Sailor.
11. Who claims he has been blind for seven years on the stand at Lear's trial?
(c) Old Sailor.
12. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The War Chamber.
(b) The King's Quarters.
(c) The prison.
(d) The woods.
13. Who has died at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
(c) A workman.
14. What does Lear ask of Fontanelle while in the prison cell?
(a) To sit on his lap.
(b) To kiss him goodbye.
(c) To let him brush her hair.
(d) To sing to him.
15. Who initially protests the execution of the workman at the wall?
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, who claims to have proof that the "enemies" Lear speaks of are not actually enemies?
3. What happened to the gift Fontanelle was given as a child?
4. Who is planning to marry the Duke of North?
5. What does the Boy say his wife keeps?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)