|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says in an aside that she is disappointed in her husband?
2. Why does Lear insist his enemies hate him?
(a) He has built a wall.
(b) He has starved their people.
(c) He has taken their kingdoms.
(d) He killed their fathers.
3. Where is Lear taken after the trial?
(a) A prison cell.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The firing squad.
(d) The guillotine.
4. What does Bodice say as she leaves Lear's prison cell?
(a) The war has ended.
(b) I'm taking you to hell with me.
(c) Mother's dead. I must serve tea.
(d) You'll be executed tomorrow.
5. Who does Lear claim are his enemies?
(a) Duke of North and Duke of Ireland.
(b) Duke of South and Duke Willingshead.
(c) Duke of Cornwall and Duke of North.
(d) Duke of Cornwall and Duke of Stonewall.
6. What does Lear help the Wife do?
(a) Pick vegetables.
(b) Hang laundry.
(c) Cook dinner.
(d) Gather the pigs.
7. What happened to the gift Fontanelle was given as a child?
(a) It was bludgeoned.
(b) It was shot.
(c) It was given away.
(d) It was set afire.
8. Who spots Lear and creeps up on him from behind in Act 1, Scene 5?
9. What do the soldiers do to the wife of the Gravedigger's Boy?
(a) Shoot her.
(b) Drown her.
(c) Arrest her.
(d) Rape her.
10. Who is planning to marry the Duke of North?
11. Who has ordered Warrington's tongue cut out?
12. Who is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 3?
13. Who has been captured in Act 1, Scene 4?
(b) The Gravedigger's Boy.
14. Whose dress does Bodice wear in the prison cell?
(a) Her daughter's.
(b) Her sister's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her aunt's.
15. Who speaks of an animal in a cage at the trial?
(a) Old Sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "To fight like us you must hate. We can't trust a man unless he hates"?
2. Who has died at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why does the Old Orderly come into Lear's cell?
4. What gift from her childhood does Fontanelle remind her father of when she stands trial against him?
5. Who maniacally encourages the torture of Warrington?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)