|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Carpenter's name?
2. What does Bodice hand to Fontanelle in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Her mirror.
(b) Her wool.
(c) Their marriage licenses.
(d) Warrants to sign.
3. Who claims he has been blind for seven years on the stand at Lear's trial?
(c) Old Sailor.
4. How does Lear order the workman killed in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) Firing squad.
5. What is Bodice doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
6. Which character says, "They are my sheep and if one of them is lost I'd take fire to hell to bring him out"?
7. Why does the Old Orderly come into Lear's cell?
(a) To search it.
(b) To take him to the guillotine.
(c) To take him to the dungeon.
(d) For the plate.
8. What does Bodice say regarding the prisons in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) They've been burned.
(b) They are empty.
(c) They had to be evacuated.
(d) They are overflowing.
9. What happened to the gift Fontanelle was given as a child?
(a) It was shot.
(b) It was bludgeoned.
(c) It was set afire.
(d) It was given away.
10. Who is planning to marry the Duke of North?
11. What does Lear ask of Fontanelle while in the prison cell?
(a) To sing to him.
(b) To kiss him goodbye.
(c) To let him brush her hair.
(d) To sit on his lap.
12. Who is addressing a battle regiment in Act 1, Scene 2?
13. What job does the Wife give the Carpenter to do?
(a) Tending the pigs.
(b) Tending Lear.
(c) Mending the door.
(d) Cleaning the well.
14. Which character says, "Politics is the higher form of justice"?
15. What does Lear help the Wife do?
(a) Hang laundry.
(b) Pick vegetables.
(c) Cook dinner.
(d) Gather the pigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lear respond to the judge when asked, "And these ladies are your daughters?"?
2. Which character says, "Virility! It'd be easier to get blood out of a stone, and far more probable. I've bribed a major on his staff to shoot him in the battle"?
3. What news from her aides does Fontanelle tell Bodice in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. What does Lear think attacked him in his sleep?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Cornwall suggest be done with Lear?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)