|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lear insist his enemies hate him?
(a) He killed their fathers.
(b) He has starved their people.
(c) He has built a wall.
(d) He has taken their kingdoms.
2. Why does the Boy say his wife is upset?
(a) She's crazy.
(b) She's pregnant.
(c) She was raped.
(d) She's been tortured.
3. What does the Wounded Soldier see before he dies onstage?
(a) His wife.
(b) The moon.
(c) The stars.
(d) The ocean.
4. Who is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What happened to the gift Fontanelle was given as a child?
(a) It was set afire.
(b) It was shot.
(c) It was given away.
(d) It was bludgeoned.
6. What does Lear find on the ground in Act 1, Scene 5?
(b) A dead soldier.
(c) A sword.
7. What do the soldiers do to the wife of the Gravedigger's Boy?
(a) Arrest her.
(b) Shoot her.
(c) Drown her.
(d) Rape her.
8. Who is leading the rebel army against the sisters?
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy.
9. Where do Bodice and Fontanelle plan to meet at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The Council of War.
(b) The Tower.
(c) The Prison.
(d) The Wall.
10. Who suggests the workman be imprisoned rather than executed?
(a) The Duke of Westminster.
(b) The Duke of Cornwall.
11. Who maniacally encourages the torture of Warrington?
12. In Act 1, Scene 1, who claims to have proof that the "enemies" Lear speaks of are not actually enemies?
13. What does the Gravedigger's Boy find in the well?
(a) A dead pig.
(b) A soldier.
(c) Warrington's body.
(d) A knife.
14. Why does the Old Orderly come into Lear's cell?
(a) For the plate.
(b) To search it.
(c) To take him to the guillotine.
(d) To take him to the dungeon.
15. What is the name of the wife of the Gravedigger's Boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Fontanelle complain about in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Where is Lear taken after the trial?
4. Whom does Lear accuse of betraying him in court?
5. What does Bodice say regarding the prisons in Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)