|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Carpenter bring to the Wife?
(a) A pig.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A cradle.
2. Who plans to marry the Duke of Cornwall?
3. What does Fontanelle complain about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) She is hungry.
(b) She doesn't approve of the wall.
(c) Her feet are wet.
(d) Her hands are cold.
4. Who is leading the rebel army against the sisters?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
5. Who has died at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A workman.
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy.
6. What do the soldiers do to the wife of the Gravedigger's Boy?
(a) Shoot her.
(b) Arrest her.
(c) Drown her.
(d) Rape her.
7. What does Bodice say regarding the prisons in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) They've been burned.
(b) They had to be evacuated.
(c) They are overflowing.
(d) They are empty.
8. Where is Lear taken after the trial?
(a) The guillotine.
(b) The firing squad.
(c) The graveyard.
(d) A prison cell.
9. In Act 1, Scene 1, who claims to have proof that the "enemies" Lear speaks of are not actually enemies?
10. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A parade ground.
(b) A prison.
(c) A battle field.
(d) A church.
11. What does Lear help the Wife do?
(a) Gather the pigs.
(b) Hang laundry.
(c) Pick vegetables.
(d) Cook dinner.
12. Who spots Lear and creeps up on him from behind in Act 1, Scene 5?
13. What has killed one of the workers on the wall?
(a) A bear.
(b) A fallen axe.
(c) An explosion.
(d) A fallen stone.
14. Who asks to stay with Lear in his cell?
(a) The Ghost.
(d) The Orderly.
15. Who suggests the workman be imprisoned rather than executed?
(a) The Duke of Westminster.
(c) The Duke of Cornwall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lear recognize in the well bucket?
2. Why does Lear, in an aside, tell his daughter the workman is being executed?
3. What does the Gravedigger's Boy find in the well?
4. Who says, "To fight like us you must hate. We can't trust a man unless he hates"?
5. Who is addressing a battle regiment in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)