|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lear ask of Fontanelle while in the prison cell?
(a) To sit on his lap.
(b) To sing to him.
(c) To kiss him goodbye.
(d) To let him brush her hair.
2. Who says, "To fight like us you must hate. We can't trust a man unless he hates"?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Cornwall suggest be done with Lear?
(a) Banish him.
(b) Free him.
(c) Put him in prison.
(d) Execute him.
4. Who enters with a wooden box in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) The Carpenter.
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
5. Who claims he has been blind for seven years on the stand at Lear's trial?
(c) Old Sailor.
6. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A battle field.
(b) A church.
(c) A prison.
(d) A parade ground.
7. Who appears to Lear in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The Ghost.
8. Who asks to stay with Lear in his cell?
(a) The Ghost.
(d) The Orderly.
9. What does Bodice say regarding the prisons in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) They are empty.
(b) They had to be evacuated.
(c) They've been burned.
(d) They are overflowing.
10. Who plans to marry the Duke of Cornwall?
11. What does the Carpenter bring to the Wife?
(a) A cradle.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A pig.
12. What weapons do the rebel soldiers carry?
13. Who stabs knitting needles into Warrington's ears?
14. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The King's Chambers.
(b) The Daughters' War Council.
(c) The Battlefield.
(d) The Prison.
15. Where is Lear taken after the trial?
(a) The firing squad.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) The guillotine.
(d) A prison cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lear claim are his enemies?
2. What does Lear recognize in the well bucket?
3. Who is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 5?
5. What does the Gravedigger's Boy find in the well?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)