|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spots Lear and creeps up on him from behind in Act 1, Scene 5?
2. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
3. What does Lear think attacked him in his sleep?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A wild bear.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A ghost.
4. What is the name of the wife of the Gravedigger's Boy?
5. What does Lear help the Wife do?
(a) Hang laundry.
(b) Cook dinner.
(c) Gather the pigs.
(d) Pick vegetables.
6. Where did the "wild man" hide?
(a) The bushes.
(b) The well.
(c) The trees.
(d) The house.
7. What does Lear find on the ground in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A dead soldier.
(b) A sword.
8. Which character says, "I feel confidence in my bones. That's never failed me. If only I were a young man" in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. Who has been captured in Act 1, Scene 4?
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy.
10. What is the Carpenter's name?
11. Who maniacally encourages the torture of Warrington?
12. In Act 1, Scene 1, who claims to have proof that the "enemies" Lear speaks of are not actually enemies?
13. Which character says, "Virility! It'd be easier to get blood out of a stone, and far more probable. I've bribed a major on his staff to shoot him in the battle"?
14. Who shoots the workman in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) The Firing Squad.
15. Who foretells how Lear's army will attack in Act 1, Scene 3?
(c) The Carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says in an aside that she is disappointed in her husband?
2. Who plans to marry the Duke of Cornwall?
3. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 5?
4. What does the Gravedigger's Boy find in the well?
5. Who says, "To fight like us you must hate. We can't trust a man unless he hates"?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)