|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters with a wooden box in Act 1, Scene 7?
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
(d) The Carpenter.
2. Who has asked Warrington to betray the king?
(a) The Captain.
(c) Lear's daughters.
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy.
3. Who does Lear claim are his enemies?
(a) Duke of North and Duke of Ireland.
(b) Duke of South and Duke Willingshead.
(c) Duke of Cornwall and Duke of North.
(d) Duke of Cornwall and Duke of Stonewall.
4. Which character says, "I feel confidence in my bones. That's never failed me. If only I were a young man" in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who spots Lear and creeps up on him from behind in Act 1, Scene 5?
6. What does the Wounded Soldier see before he dies onstage?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The stars.
(c) The moon.
(d) His wife.
7. Why do the soldiers enter Lear's prison cell in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To search it.
(b) To take him to the tower.
(c) To beat him.
(d) To take his daughters away.
8. What has killed one of the workers on the wall?
(a) A fallen stone.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A fallen axe.
9. Who appears to Lear in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The Ghost.
10. What does Lear help the Wife do?
(a) Hang laundry.
(b) Gather the pigs.
(c) Pick vegetables.
(d) Cook dinner.
11. What is the name of the Orderly?
12. How did the Gravedigger's Boy discover the water for the well?
(a) Fighting in a war.
(b) Digging his mother's grave.
(c) Digging his father's grave.
(d) Digging his daughter's grave.
13. What weapons do the rebel soldiers carry?
14. What do the soldiers do to the wife of the Gravedigger's Boy?
(a) Drown her.
(b) Rape her.
(c) Arrest her.
(d) Shoot her.
15. Why does the Boy say his wife is upset?
(a) She was raped.
(b) She's pregnant.
(c) She's been tortured.
(d) She's crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Bodice perform throughout Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why does the Gravedigger's Boy tell Lear that the Carpenter is always around?
3. What does Lear ask of Fontanelle while in the prison cell?
4. Who says, "We won't chain ourselves to the dead, or send our children to school in the graveyard"?
5. Who does Fontanelle say posed for her husband's portraits?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)