|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bodice doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What has killed one of the workers on the wall?
(a) An explosion.
(b) A bear.
(c) A fallen stone.
(d) A fallen axe.
3. What does Bodice say as she leaves Lear's prison cell?
(a) You'll be executed tomorrow.
(b) I'm taking you to hell with me.
(c) Mother's dead. I must serve tea.
(d) The war has ended.
4. What does the Gravedigger's Boy tell Lear that the soldiers are doing?
(a) Searching for Warrington.
(b) Deserting his daughters.
(c) Pulling down the wall.
(d) Dying en masse.
5. Who is the first to sit on the witness stand at Lear's trial?
6. What is the Carpenter's name?
7. Why doesn't the Old Orderly know Lear's crime?
(a) The records were lost.
(b) The fire killed the judge.
(c) He was brainwashed.
(d) He died.
8. Who maniacally encourages the torture of Warrington?
9. Why does the Old Orderly come into Lear's cell?
(a) To take him to the dungeon.
(b) To search it.
(c) For the plate.
(d) To take him to the guillotine.
10. Who says, "Now I have all the power... and I'm a slave. Worse."?
11. Which character says, "O don't waste your hypocrisy on me. You tried to kill yours once. My spies told me and they don't lie. They're the only moral institution in this country"?
12. Why does the Boy say his wife is upset?
(a) She's pregnant.
(b) She's been tortured.
(c) She was raped.
(d) She's crazy.
13. Whom does Lear accuse of betraying him in court?
(c) Old Sailor.
14. What job does the Wife give the Carpenter to do?
(a) Mending the door.
(b) Cleaning the well.
(c) Tending the pigs.
(d) Tending Lear.
15. Why does Lear, in an aside, tell his daughter the workman is being executed?
(a) To make the workers work faster.
(b) Because he's really a traitor.
(c) Because he's hired by Cornwall.
(d) Because his hut is unlivable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "To fight like us you must hate. We can't trust a man unless he hates"?
2. Who claims he has been blind for seven years on the stand at Lear's trial?
3. How did the Gravedigger's Boy discover the water for the well?
4. What does Bodice hand to Fontanelle in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Who initially protests the execution of the workman at the wall?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)