|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Bodice demand be handed to Lear while at the trial?
(a) A goblet.
(b) A baby.
(c) A mirror.
(d) A letter.
3. Where did the "wild man" hide?
(a) The house.
(b) The bushes.
(c) The well.
(d) The trees.
4. Who intends to overthrow Lear in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) His daughters.
5. Who suggests the workman be imprisoned rather than executed?
(a) The Duke of Westminster.
(b) The Duke of Cornwall.
6. Which character says, "O don't waste your hypocrisy on me. You tried to kill yours once. My spies told me and they don't lie. They're the only moral institution in this country"?
7. What news from her aides does Fontanelle tell Bodice in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The rebels have won the war.
(b) Their husbands have run away.
(c) Warrington is on his way.
(d) Their father has escaped.
8. Who says, "Now I have all the power... and I'm a slave. Worse."?
9. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The Battlefield.
(b) The Daughters' War Council.
(c) The King's Chambers.
(d) The Prison.
10. In Act 1, Scene 1, who claims to have proof that the "enemies" Lear speaks of are not actually enemies?
11. Who says, "We won't chain ourselves to the dead, or send our children to school in the graveyard"?
12. What does Bodice say as she leaves Lear's prison cell?
(a) I'm taking you to hell with me.
(b) The war has ended.
(c) Mother's dead. I must serve tea.
(d) You'll be executed tomorrow.
13. What does Lear find on the ground in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) A dead soldier.
(d) A sword.
14. Which character says, "I feel confidence in my bones. That's never failed me. If only I were a young man" in Act 1, Scene 2?
15. Why does the Gravedigger's Boy tell Lear that the Carpenter is always around?
(a) He wants to steal the water.
(b) He's spying on them.
(c) He's in love with his wife.
(d) He works for the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lear, in an aside, tell his daughter the workman is being executed?
2. What does the Gravedigger's Boy find in the well?
3. What does Lear recognize in the well bucket?
4. What is the name of the Orderly?
5. Which character says, "I've always wanted to sit on a man's lungs"?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)