|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who maniacally encourages the torture of Warrington?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The chapel.
(b) The war room.
(c) Prison area.
(d) King's quarters.
3. Who claims he has been blind for seven years on the stand at Lear's trial?
(a) Old Sailor.
4. What does Lear help the Wife do?
(a) Cook dinner.
(b) Hang laundry.
(c) Pick vegetables.
(d) Gather the pigs.
5. Whom does Lear ask for while in the prison cell?
(a) His daughters.
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
6. Why does Lear insist his enemies hate him?
(a) He has built a wall.
(b) He killed their fathers.
(c) He has taken their kingdoms.
(d) He has starved their people.
7. Who advises the king to refuse the war?
(b) The Captain.
8. Which character says, "I feel confidence in my bones. That's never failed me. If only I were a young man" in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. Which character says, "I've always wanted to sit on a man's lungs"?
10. What does Lear recognize in the well bucket?
(b) A baby.
(c) A dagger.
11. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The woods.
(b) The War Chamber.
(c) The prison.
(d) The King's Quarters.
12. Who does Lear claim are his enemies?
(a) Duke of South and Duke Willingshead.
(b) Duke of Cornwall and Duke of Stonewall.
(c) Duke of Cornwall and Duke of North.
(d) Duke of North and Duke of Ireland.
13. How does Lear respond to the judge when asked, "And these ladies are your daughters?"?
(c) They betrayed me.
(d) I loved them.
14. What is Bodice doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
15. Who has asked Warrington to betray the king?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
(b) The Captain.
(d) Lear's daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks of an animal in a cage at the trial?
2. Who accompanies Lear in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. What does Lear ask of Fontanelle while in the prison cell?
4. What does Bodice demand be handed to Lear while at the trial?
5. Who stabs knitting needles into Warrington's ears?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)