|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bodice and Fontanelle plan to meet at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The Prison.
(b) The Council of War.
(c) The Tower.
(d) The Wall.
2. Who is planning to marry the Duke of North?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Cornwall suggest be done with Lear?
(a) Put him in prison.
(b) Execute him.
(c) Banish him.
(d) Free him.
4. Whose dress does Bodice wear in the prison cell?
(a) Her daughter's.
(b) Her sister's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her aunt's.
5. Why does the Boy say his wife is upset?
(a) She's been tortured.
(b) She was raped.
(c) She's crazy.
(d) She's pregnant.
6. How have Lear's daughters had contact with the dukes?
(a) Through servants.
(b) Visits with the dukes in the castle.
(c) Secret meetings.
(d) Letters and photographs.
7. Who is the first to sit on the witness stand at Lear's trial?
8. What is Bodice doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
9. Who does Fontanelle say posed for her husband's portraits?
(a) His brother.
(b) His son.
(c) An actor.
10. Who is leading the rebel army against the sisters?
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
11. Who speaks of an animal in a cage at the trial?
(c) Old Sailor.
12. Why do the soldiers enter Lear's prison cell in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To take him to the tower.
(b) To search it.
(c) To beat him.
(d) To take his daughters away.
13. Which character says, "They are my sheep and if one of them is lost I'd take fire to hell to bring him out"?
14. What has killed one of the workers on the wall?
(a) A bear.
(b) A fallen stone.
(c) A fallen axe.
(d) An explosion.
15. Who has been captured in Act 1, Scene 4?
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the Gravedigger's Boy say his wife would like to do?
3. Who is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Which character says, "O don't waste your hypocrisy on me. You tried to kill yours once. My spies told me and they don't lie. They're the only moral institution in this country"?
5. Who says, "Now I have all the power... and I'm a slave. Worse."?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)