|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kjartan's estate?
2. Who has Snorri chosen for Gudrun to marry?
3. What does Bolli offer that Kjartan refuses?
(a) An amulet.
(b) A gift.
(c) A sword.
(d) A handshake.
4. Who releases Kjartan from his employment?
(c) King Olaf.
5. What does the Norwegian princess give Kjartan?
(a) A gold-woven head-dress.
(b) A basket of coins.
(c) A bag of jewels.
(d) A scroll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kjartan ambushed?
2. Where do Kjartan's relatives find Bolli before they kill him?
3. What is the magical present that King Olaf gave Kjartan that is later stolen?
4. What is the name of Kjartan's first son?
5. When Bolli visits her, what does he want to learn about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family feud end?
2. Describe Snorri the Priest.
3. What evil act does Snorri the Priest commit?
4. When Thorgils stays at Helgi's estate, what does Helgi do?
5. How does Gudrun extricate herself from marrying Thorgils?
6. After Kjartan dies, what happens to Hrefna?
7. Describe Gudrun and Thorkel's relationship?
8. What does Thorgend do to avenge Kjartan's death?
9. What is Gudrun willing to offer Thorgils and in exchange of what?
10. Describe Thorgils Holluson.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)