|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the men who try to help Helgi in his fight?
(a) A friend, a cook, a shepherd, and a servant.
(b) His wife, his daughter, and two servants.
(c) A son, a shepherd, and two outlaws.
(d) A child, a lover, a priest, and a bartender.
2. Who is furious that Gudrun is getting married?
3. Who does Snorri visit to warn of possible vengeance?
4. Who does Helgi kill?
(a) The man called Killer-Hrapp.
(b) The man called Leg-Biter.
(c) The man called Bolli Bollason.
(d) The man called Thorleik.
5. Who has Snorri chosen for Gudrun to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is offered as compensation for the death of Helgi?
2. What does Olafsson give Thorleik?
3. Who kills Helgi?
4. Who is Kalf Asgeirsson?
5. What does the small man who approaches Thorgils call himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gudrun willing to offer Thorgils and in exchange of what?
2. What does Thorgend do to avenge Kjartan's death?
3. What mysterious statement does Gudrun say about her love for her husbands and what does it mean?
4. How does the family feud end?
5. Describe Thorgils Holluson.
6. Describe Gudrun and Thorkel's relationship?
7. How does Gudrun extricate herself from marrying Thorgils?
8. What happens to Gellir in the final chapters of the book?
9. What evil act does Snorri the Priest commit?
10. What does Olaf the Peacock do after Kjartan's death?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)