|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Snorri chosen for Gudrun to marry?
2. Who is Gudrun's teacher that helps her develop her plan of revenge?
3. Who rides off to find Hardbeinsson by the end of Chapter 60?
(a) Gudrun and Snorri.
(b) Thorkel and Gudrun.
(c) Bjorn and Kjartan.
(d) Thorgils and Bolli.
4. Where do Kjartan's relatives find Bolli before they kill him?
(a) A monastery.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A shieling.
5. Who are two men that part of Thorgil's group?
(a) Bolli and Thorleik.
(b) Kjartan and Gudrun.
(c) Helgi and Killer-Hrapp.
(d) Gora and Frig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose fate ultimately is dark as the character moves back home and dies in mourning?
2. How many men try to help Helgi in his fight?
3. Who does Helgi kill?
4. Who is necessary to enact Gudrun's plan?
5. After Kjartan dies, who pushes for vengeance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ingibjorg.
2. When Kjartan and Bolli arrive in Norway, what does King Olaf do to Kjartan?
3. Describe the conflict leading to Helgi's death.
4. What does Olaf the Peacock do after Kjartan's death?
5. What is the final prophecy regarding Gudrun?
6. How does the family feud end?
7. What does Gudrun do out of a desire for revenge and jealousy?
8. What is the prophecy about Thorkel and how does it come true?
9. What mysterious statement does Gudrun say about her love for her husbands and what does it mean?
10. Describe Thorgils Holluson.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)