|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Olaf gains prominence, who declines in stature by the end of Chapter 10?
2. When Thord gets married, who is the criminal that he houses?
3. How much of Hoskuld's estate does Olaf receive?
4. Who is Hrapp of Hrappstead?
(a) The son of Gudrun and Kjartan.
(b) The enemy of Hoskuld and Hrut.
(c) The child of Leif and Freya.
(d) A neighbor of Hoskuld and Jorunn.
5. Whose behavior as a smart and honorable person shows promise of becoming a great individual?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grows restless to increase his power and fame?
2. What are the names of Bjorn the Easterner's two children?
3. When Hoskuld travels to Norway, what does he procure to build himself a fine estate?
4. Who is Jorunn?
5. Where will the person be going that Melkorka gives the resources to travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the horrific dream Olaf the Peacock has of his son?
2. Describe Geirmund's marriage.
3. Describe Hoskuld.
4. Describe Gudrun's first and second marriages.
5. What is different about Olaf the Peacock?
6. What surprising discovery is revealed about Melkorka?
7. Describe Unn the Deep-Minded.
8. What is the importance of Olaf Feilan in the unfolding of the plot of the Laxdaela Saga?
9. What is Kjartan and Bolli's relationship at Hjardaholt?
10. When Geirmund attempts to leave, what does Thurid do?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)