|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Hoskuld is growing old, to whom do the people turn their attention to?
(a) Jorunn his wife.
(b) Olaf his son.
(c) Freya his mistress.
(d) Kjartan his brother.
2. What happens to Greimund when he takes a ship to Norway?
(a) He falls in love with the ship captain's daughter.
(b) He duels to death with Bolli.
(c) A witch casts a spell on him, drowning him.
(d) It crashes and he dies.
3. What is the name of the child of the Norwegian and Olaf's daughter?
4. When Olaf the Peacock buys the land, what does he rename it?
5. Who is Hrapp of Hrappstead?
(a) A neighbor of Hoskuld and Jorunn.
(b) The son of Gudrun and Kjartan.
(c) The enemy of Hoskuld and Hrut.
(d) The child of Leif and Freya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who casts a spell on Thord?
2. When does Gudrun get a divorce from her first husband?
3. By the end of Chapter 30, who is at the height of power and prestige?
4. Why is Thorleik angry with Olaf?
5. Who is the king of Norway that is involved in a tense and political dispute with chieftains from Iceland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gudrun's first and second marriages.
2. What is the horrific dream Olaf the Peacock has of his son?
3. Describe the effect of Kotkel on Gudrun's life.
4. Describe Hoskuld.
5. When Olaf returns to Iceland, what does he do to establish a foundation?
6. Describe Geirmund.
7. How does Olaf's reputation grow?
8. Describe Ketil Flat-Nose.
9. What does Unn the Deep-Minded do to the Breidafjord?
10. Describe the period in Scandinavian history at the time the Laxdaela Saga was written.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)