|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the unsettled area of land that the matriarch and daughter of Ketil Flat-Nose stakes out and divides among her family?
2. What are the names of Bjorn the Easterner's two children?
(a) Aud and Thord.
(b) Osvifur and Gudrun.
(c) Helga and Hrut.
(d) Gest and Bolli.
3. When Thorgend goes to Norway and remarries, what is the name of her second son?
(a) Hrut Herjolfsson.
(b) Kjartan Boll.
(c) Gudrun Osvifur.
(d) Leif Erickson.
4. Who does Jorunn marry?
5. Who is Olaf's half-brother who is cruel like his mother Jorunn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Osvifur purchase an estate?
2. What does Gest prophesize about Gudrun?
3. Who is Gudrun's first husband?
4. What is the vision about Bolli that Gest has?
5. Who does Olaf raise on the new land that he has purchased?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the horrific dream Olaf the Peacock has of his son?
2. Describe Geirmund's marriage.
3. What happens in the aftermath of the murder of Kotkel and his clan?
4. Describe Gudrun's first and second marriages.
5. Describe Geirmund.
6. What crime does Thord Gorddi commit and how does he act when he is pursued?
7. Why is there tension between Olaf and Thorleik and what does Olaf do to ease it?
8. What is Kjartan and Bolli's relationship at Hjardaholt?
9. What does Gest prophesize about Kjartan, Bolli and Olaf?
10. What does Melkorka want and do for her son?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)