|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the child of the Norwegian and Olaf's daughter?
2. Who is Thorkel Eyjolfsson the fourth husband of?
3. Who is Gudrun's first husband?
(a) Thorvald Halldorsson.
(b) Hjalmar Einarsson.
(c) Gest Oddleifsson.
(d) Bolli the Peacock.
4. What kind of personality does Bard Hoskuldsson have?
(a) Critical and demeaning.
(b) Rough and nasty.
(c) Kind and caring.
(d) Vociferous and demanding.
5. Whose behavior as a smart and honorable person shows promise of becoming a great individual?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of the Laxdaela Saga, who is the King in question?
2. Who does the Norwegian that Olaf brings back to Iceland fall in love with?
3. Who is Thord Goddi a neighbor to?
4. What are the names of Bjorn the Easterner's two children?
5. Who is Jorunn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kjartan and Bolli's relationship at Hjardaholt?
2. What does Unn the Deep-Minded do to the Breidafjord?
3. Describe the effect of Kotkel on Gudrun's life.
4. What crime does Thord Gorddi commit and how does he act when he is pursued?
5. Who is Hrut Herjolfsson?
6. Describe Geirmund.
7. Why is there tension between Olaf and Thorleik and what does Olaf do to ease it?
8. Describe Geirmund's marriage.
9. How does the Laxriverdale dynasty begin and who is important in this dynasty?
10. What happens in the aftermath of the murder of Kotkel and his clan?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)