|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who aids Kjartan's brothers in seeking revenge?
(a) Bolli and Olaf.
(b) Thorvald and Hrut.
(c) Gudrun and Hrefna.
(d) Lambi and Helgi.
2. Who does Bolli marry?
3. What does King Olaf prophesize about Thorkel's timber?
(a) He will not be able to use it to build his church.
(b) It will expand in an unlimited fashion.
(c) It will become a beacon of light for sufferers.
(d) It will disintegrate when he tries to use it.
4. Who is Kalf Asgeirsson?
(a) Gudrun's brother.
(b) Asgeir's son.
(c) Kjartan's traveling partner.
(d) Bolli's nemesis.
5. Who are the men who try to help Helgi in his fight?
(a) A child, a lover, a priest, and a bartender.
(b) A son, a shepherd, and two outlaws.
(c) His wife, his daughter, and two servants.
(d) A friend, a cook, a shepherd, and a servant.
6. With whom does Kjartan have a damaged relationship because he left Iceland?
7. When does Gudrun give birth to her son?
(a) Lambi Thorbjornsson.
(b) Bolli Bollason.
(c) Geirmund Snorgudsson.
(d) Helgi Hardbeinsson.
8. Who ambushes Bolli?
(a) Thorbjornsson brothers.
(b) Olafsson brothers.
(c) Thorbjornsson brothers.
(d) Hardbeinsson brothers.
9. Where does Gellir die?
(a) On a pilgrimage to Rome.
(b) On a fishing trip to Faroe Islands.
(c) In battle with his brother.
(d) On a trip to Malmo.
10. From what family line is Thorgils descended from?
(a) Snorri the Priest.
(b) Bjorn the Easterner.
(c) Helgi the soldier.
(d) Unn the deep-minded.
11. What is the name of Kjartan's estate?
12. Who is Gudrun's teacher that helps her develop her plan of revenge?
13. Who are two men that part of Thorgil's group?
(a) Kjartan and Gudrun.
(b) Gora and Frig.
(c) Bolli and Thorleik.
(d) Helgi and Killer-Hrapp.
14. What is the magical present that King Olaf gave Kjartan that is later stolen?
(a) A sword.
(b) A ring.
(c) A pitcher.
(d) A necklace.
15. What is the name of Gudrun's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose family has an irresolvable conflict by Chapter 51?
2. With whom does Gudrun trade houses with?
3. When a boy comes to report to the men at the estate, what does Helgi realize?
4. What country becomes Christian?
5. What is the name of Kjartan's first son?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)