|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose fate ultimately is dark as the character moves back home and dies in mourning?
2. What happened to all of Gudrun's husbands?
(a) They are greedy for land.
(b) They die in battle.
(c) They fell out of love with her.
(d) They died before her.
3. Despite his emotional pain, what does Kjartan do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Start a war.
(c) Take over his father's property.
(d) Attend Bolli's wedding.
4. Who grows jealous when Kjartan gets married?
5. Who is Hrefna?
(a) Kjartan's wife.
(b) Bolli's wife.
(c) Olaf's wife.
(d) Helgi's wife.
6. When a boy comes to report to the men at the estate, what does Helgi realize?
(a) He is losing money.
(b) He is being cheated.
(c) His death is close.
(d) He is very fortunate.
7. From which Icelandic dynasty is Gudrun descended?
(a) Unn the Deep-Minded.
(b) Bjorn the Easterner.
(d) Olaf the Peacock.
8. Whom does Thorgils recruit on his mission?
(a) Thorleik and Helgi.
(b) Lambi and Thorstein.
(c) Killer-Hrapp and Lambi.
(d) Bolli and Olaf.
9. When does Gudrun give birth to her son?
(a) Bolli Bollason.
(b) Lambi Thorbjornsson.
(c) Geirmund Snorgudsson.
(d) Helgi Hardbeinsson.
10. What kills Kjartan?
(a) The death of his wife.
(b) The great flood drowns him.
(c) The onset of dementia.
(d) The "Leg Biter" blade.
11. Whose family has an irresolvable conflict by Chapter 51?
(a) Lambi Thorbjornsson.
(b) Bolli Thorgedsson.
(c) Helgi Hardbeinsson.
(d) Olaf the Peacock.
12. With whom does Kjartan have a damaged relationship because he left Iceland?
13. What is Helgi?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A prince.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A soldier.
14. Who finds Gudrun bearing a child after killing Bolli?
15. What country becomes Christian?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thorgils goes to Helgi's house, what does Helgi do?
2. What does Snorri think of Bolli accompanying Thorleik on his trip?
3. From whom do both Kjartan and Bolli descend?
4. Who ambushes Bolli?
5. How old is Gudrun's son when she is ready to enact her plans?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)