|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gudrun ask Thorgils to do?
(a) Buy her land.
(b) Trick her father.
(c) Lead men to kill Helgi.
(d) Marry her daughter.
2. Who dies in the Breidafjord?
3. What is the name of Kjartan's first son?
4. When Bolli visits her, what does he want to learn about?
(a) What experience she wants to have now.
(b) What her favorite residence was.
(c) Who her favorite child was.
(d) Whom she loved most of her husbands.
5. What happened to all of Gudrun's husbands?
(a) They fell out of love with her.
(b) They die in battle.
(c) They are greedy for land.
(d) They died before her.
6. What does the person who finds Gudrun smear on her clothes after killing her husband?
(b) Pig's guts.
7. Who wants to marry Gudrun?
8. Who has Snorri chosen for Gudrun to marry?
9. What does Bolli offer that Kjartan refuses?
(a) A gift.
(b) A handshake.
(c) An amulet.
(d) A sword.
10. Despite his emotional pain, what does Kjartan do?
(a) Take over his father's property.
(b) Get married.
(c) Start a war.
(d) Attend Bolli's wedding.
11. What is the name of Kjartan's estate?
12. Who is Gudrun's teacher that helps her develop her plan of revenge?
13. When the feud between the families end, where does Thorleik go?
(b) Faroe Islands.
14. Whose dream unfortunately has come to pass in Chapters 41-50?
15. What does the Norwegian princess give Kjartan?
(a) A scroll.
(b) A bag of jewels.
(c) A gold-woven head-dress.
(d) A basket of coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are at the estate that Thorgil seeks sanctuary?
2. Who releases Kjartan from his employment?
3. What country becomes Christian?
4. Whose second prophesy has come half-true by the end of Chapter 50?
5. What does King Olaf prophesize about Thorkel's timber?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)