|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is furious that Gudrun is getting married?
2. Whose prophecy is completed by the death in Breidafjord?
3. Who does what he can to heal the conflict peacefully?
4. Who kills Helgi?
(a) Bolli Bollason.
(b) Lambi Thorbjornsson.
(c) Thorgils Svendarsson.
(d) Thorstein the Black.
5. What is offered as compensation for the death of Helgi?
6. With whom does Gudrun trade houses with?
7. What does Gudrun say about her behavior to her husbands to Bolli?
(a) That she did not love any of her four husbands.
(b) That she was the most terrible to the one she loved the most.
(c) That she grew more independent from each marriage.
(d) That she was faithful to each husband she had for however brief their marriage.
8. When Bolli visits her, what does he want to learn about?
(a) Whom she loved most of her husbands.
(b) What experience she wants to have now.
(c) Who her favorite child was.
(d) What her favorite residence was.
9. What does Bolli offer that Kjartan refuses?
(a) A handshake.
(b) A gift.
(c) A sword.
(d) An amulet.
10. Whose second prophesy has come half-true by the end of Chapter 50?
11. Who does Helgi kill?
(a) The man called Leg-Biter.
(b) The man called Bolli Bollason.
(c) The man called Thorleik.
(d) The man called Killer-Hrapp.
12. Who releases Kjartan from his employment?
(b) King Olaf.
13. Who aids Kjartan's brothers in seeking revenge?
(a) Lambi and Helgi.
(b) Thorvald and Hrut.
(c) Gudrun and Hrefna.
(d) Bolli and Olaf.
14. Who is Hrefna?
(a) Bolli's wife.
(b) Kjartan's wife.
(c) Helgi's wife.
(d) Olaf's wife.
15. Who rides off to find Hardbeinsson by the end of Chapter 60?
(a) Bjorn and Kjartan.
(b) Gudrun and Snorri.
(c) Thorgils and Bolli.
(d) Thorkel and Gudrun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does Kjartan take to lay siege to Bolli's estate?
2. What is the name of Kjartan's estate?
3. When Kjartan returns to Iceland, what does he discover about Bolli?
4. What will Gudrun give Thorgils in return for his actions?
5. Who does Helgi send away from the estate?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)