|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of personality does Bard Hoskuldsson have?
(a) Critical and demeaning.
(b) Kind and caring.
(c) Rough and nasty.
(d) Vociferous and demanding.
2. When Thord gets married, who is the criminal that he houses?
3. Who is reluctant to part with the family estate and is willing to fight to the death for the land?
4. Who is the Norwegian that Olaf brings back with him from a trip in search of timber?
5. Where does Osvifur purchase an estate?
(c) Faroe Islands.
6. When Gudrun meets Gest, how many dreams does she say that she needs help interpreting?
7. Since Hoskuld is growing old, to whom do the people turn their attention to?
(a) Olaf his son.
(b) Kjartan his brother.
(c) Freya his mistress.
(d) Jorunn his wife.
8. Who is Gudrun's second husband?
(a) Bolli the Peacock.
(b) Thord Ingunnarson.
(c) Thorvald Halldorsson.
(d) Gest Oddleifsson.
9. What are the names of Bjorn the Easterner's two children?
(a) Helga and Hrut.
(b) Aud and Thord.
(c) Osvifur and Gudrun.
(d) Gest and Bolli.
10. Where does the Laxdaela Saga occur?
(a) Fatherland of France.
(b) Monarchy of England.
(c) Kingdom of Norway.
(d) Kingdom of Sweden.
11. How does Olaf receive a share of Hoskuld's estate?
(a) Through combat.
(b) Through a plague.
(c) On Hoskuld's death.
(d) Because his mother asked for it.
12. Who does Gest meet when Olaf invites him to Hjardarholt ?
(a) Bolli and Kjartan.
(b) Osvifur and Bjorn.
(c) Ketil and Gudrun.
(d) Aud and Thord.
13. What is the name of Ketil Flat-Nose's daughter?
14. What is the vision about Bolli that Gest has?
(a) Bolli will become a priest in Scotland.
(b) Bolli will not only kill Kjartan but die because of this murder.
(c) Bolli will marry Gudrun and kill his own father.
(d) Bolli will leave Iceland and become king of Norway.
15. Whose inheritance does Hoskuld's half-brother lay claim to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an outlaw in Iceland?
2. Who does Olaf offer to raise?
3. What is the name of the child of the Norwegian and Olaf's daughter?
4. Who does Gudrun meet after her second husband die?
5. Who does Melkorka eventually marry?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)