|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives alone at Hjadarholt after his father abandons him?
2. Who is Thorkel Eyjolfsson the fourth husband of?
3. Whose brother did the outlaw kill?
(a) Vigdis Ingjald.
(b) Ingjald Saudisle-Priest.
(c) Hoskuld Dala-Kollson.
(d) Jorunn Peacock.
4. When Gudrun meets Gest, how many dreams does she say that she needs help interpreting?
5. Of the two men who grow up like brothers in the same household, which is more powerful?
6. Prior to Christianity, what was the 9th century period known as a time of?
(a) Satan worship.
(b) Ritualistic nature worship.
(d) Pagan heroism.
7. What is an outlaw in Iceland?
(a) A deerhunter.
(b) A bounty hunter.
(c) A person who breaks the rule of the land.
(d) A warrior and fighter.
8. Since Thord wants so badly to thwart Vigdis's machinations, to whom does he give his property?
9. Who wants Hoskuld to return to Ireland?
10. Who is Olaf's half-brother who is cruel like his mother Jorunn?
11. When Thord gets married, who is the criminal that he houses?
12. When Goddi acts like a coward, who is left to defeat Ingjald's people?
13. Who does Thorgend, Unn's granddaughter, marry?
14. What is the item that Bolli receives?
(a) A sword.
(b) A precious book.
(c) A magic mirror.
(d) An amulet.
15. Who is discovered to have Irish royalty in his or her lineage?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Olaf the Peacock buys the land, what does he rename it?
2. What is the name of the individual that Olaf offers to raise?
3. What does Gest prophesize about Gudrun?
4. What are the two men growing up in Olaf's household known for?
5. Where does the chieftain Ketil Flat-Nose initially want to live?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)