|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who acquires a noble lineage because of his parent's connection to Irish royalty?
2. What does Hoskuld also purchase in Norway that his wife Jorunn objects to at first, but then accepts?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A house.
(c) A boat.
(d) A fjord.
3. Who does Gest see lying in proximity to Bolli in his vision as well?
4. When Thord gets married, who is the criminal that he houses?
5. As the new chieftains submit to the king, what region do some chieftains prefer to migrate instead of relinquishing power?
(d) Faroe Islands.
6. When Thorgend goes to Norway and remarries, what is the name of her second son?
(a) Gudrun Osvifur.
(b) Leif Erickson.
(c) Hrut Herjolfsson.
(d) Kjartan Boll.
7. When Hrapp of Hrappstead dies, who does his estate go to?
(a) Thorstein Black the Wise.
(b) Kjartan Boll.
(c) Freya and Gudrun.
8. Where will the person be going that Melkorka gives the resources to travel?
9. Who is Thorkel Eyjolfsson the fourth husband of?
10. Whose brother did the outlaw kill?
(a) Hoskuld Dala-Kollson.
(b) Jorunn Peacock.
(c) Vigdis Ingjald.
(d) Ingjald Saudisle-Priest.
11. What is the name of the child of the Norwegian and Olaf's daughter?
12. Who is Olaf's half-brother who is cruel like his mother Jorunn?
13. Who is the king of Ireland?
(a) King Olaf.
(b) King Myrkjartan.
(c) King Egil.
(d) King Osvifur.
14. Who represent the lowest rungs of Icelandic society?
(a) Kjartan the warrior and Freya the mistress.
(b) Thorolf the outlaw and Melkorka the concubine.
(c) Gudrun the adulteress and Harald the thief.
(d) Jorunn the wife and Hoskuld the thief.
15. Who does Thorgend, Unn's granddaughter, marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of personality does Bard Hoskuldsson have?
2. Who is Gudrun's second husband?
3. Who is the irritable woman that Gudrun's second husband is married to simultaneously and then divorces?
4. What is different about Unn compared to other women of her time?
5. Who is reluctant to part with the family estate and is willing to fight to the death for the land?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)