|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hoskuld travels to Norway, what does he procure to build himself a fine estate?
2. Whose behavior as a smart and honorable person shows promise of becoming a great individual?
3. What is the unsettled area of land that the matriarch and daughter of Ketil Flat-Nose stakes out and divides among her family?
4. What are the factors by which the land along the west coast is divided among the family in Chapters 1-10?
(a) Length, width and height.
(b) Heritage, character and class.
(c) Tree cover, leaves and pine cones.
(d) Scale, vicissitude and markings.
5. Who is Hoskuld's brother who immigrates to Iceland?
(a) Kjartan Boll.
(b) Hrut Herjolfsson.
(c) Olaf the Peacock.
(d) Vigdis Dala-Kollsson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represent the lowest rungs of Icelandic society?
2. Who is reluctant to part with the family estate and is willing to fight to the death for the land?
3. Since Hoskuld is growing old, to whom do the people turn their attention to?
4. Who is Hrapp of Hrappstead?
5. Who is Thord Goddi a neighbor to?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)