|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the inheritor of Hrapp's land drowns, who comes into possession of the land?
(a) Thorkel Fringe.
(b) Freya Breidafjord.
(c) Gudrun Hjardarholt.
(d) Harald Trygvasson.
2. As the new chieftains submit to the king, what region do some chieftains prefer to migrate instead of relinquishing power?
(a) Faroe Islands.
3. What is the name of the grandson who receives the land Hvamm upon the death of the matriarch?
(a) Olaf Feilan.
(b) Gudrun Hvamm.
(c) Dala Hoskuld.
(d) Kjartan Boll.
4. What is different about Unn compared to other women of her time?
(a) She is fierce, stout and evil.
(b) She has only one eye and a patch.
(c) She is strong, powerful and unyielding.
(d) She is tall, willowy and beautiful.
5. What is the name of Ketil Flat-Nose's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Olaf gains prominence, who declines in stature by the end of Chapter 10?
2. Who is discovered to have Irish royalty in his or her lineage?
3. Who is reluctant to part with the family estate and is willing to fight to the death for the land?
4. When Thorgend goes to Norway and remarries, what is the name of her second son?
5. What does Hoskuld also purchase in Norway that his wife Jorunn objects to at first, but then accepts?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)