|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Thord Goddi a neighbor to?
(a) Jorunn Peacock.
(c) Hoskuld Dala-Kollsson.
(d) Vigdis Ingjald.
2. What is the name of the grandson who receives the land Hvamm upon the death of the matriarch?
(a) Olaf Feilan.
(b) Gudrun Hvamm.
(c) Dala Hoskuld.
(d) Kjartan Boll.
3. What are the factors by which the land along the west coast is divided among the family in Chapters 1-10?
(a) Length, width and height.
(b) Heritage, character and class.
(c) Scale, vicissitude and markings.
(d) Tree cover, leaves and pine cones.
4. Since Hoskuld is growing old, to whom do the people turn their attention to?
(a) Kjartan his brother.
(b) Olaf his son.
(c) Freya his mistress.
(d) Jorunn his wife.
5. When Thorgend goes to Norway and remarries, what is the name of her second son?
(a) Gudrun Osvifur.
(b) Leif Erickson.
(c) Kjartan Boll.
(d) Hrut Herjolfsson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jorunn?
2. Who does Thorgend, Unn's granddaughter, marry?
3. Who acquires a noble lineage because of his parent's connection to Irish royalty?
4. What role can Hoskuld rightfully take in Ireland?
5. Who does Goddi go to for help when his wife attempts to claim possession of half of his land?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)