Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gifts has Magua brought?
2. How do Uncas and Chingachgook behave after the threat is gone?
3. Who shows up at the Delaware camp with open arms?
4. Who does Magua choose when Hawkeye offers his life for Cora?
5. How do they know their passage across the lake is discovered?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the use of the English language in THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS. Discuss the formality of the language, giving examples from the novel. How does the language affect the reading of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about how Cooper's use of different names for characters and Indian tribes in THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS affects the reading. In your opinion is it confusing? Does it require going back and re-reading certain sections of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on how literary fiction influences popular thought. Keeping in mind that THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS was published in the 1800s, explain how it may have contributed to conventional wisdom about the habits of native Americans.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)