|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the treacherous guide?
(a) Uncas gets him with an arrow.
(b) He is wounded but not caught.
(c) He escapes without injury.
(d) Hawkeye kills him.
2. Who are the Iroquois looking for called La Longue Carabine?
3. Who is the lone man making his way to the outskirts of the French camp?
(a) General Montcalm
(b) Duncan Heywood
4. What does Montcalm want to know from his guest?
(a) if he has come to discuss terms of surrender
(b) if he knows the Indian Magua
(c) if the ladies will come for a visit
(d) if Ft. Henry has plenty of supplies
5. Who has pursued the Indians and their captives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the evacuees from Ft. Henry?
2. What does Magua want Cora to do after becoming his wife?
3. How do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook leave to find help?
4. What distresses Uncas?
5. What request does Heyward make of Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the evidence that Cora and Alice have survived?
2. Explain how David Gamut is allowed to accompany Heyward, Alice, and Cora on the trip to Ft. Henry.
3. Describe the time and events during which the story begins.
4. What does Cora manage to convince the men to do?
5. Explain what the Iroquois are really after.
6. Describe where the group stops to rest as they continue on to Fort Henry.
7. What takes place after the slaughter of the refugees from Fort Henry?
8. How do Heyward, David, Cora, and Alice almost escape unnoticed by the Iroquois?
9. What keeps the Iroquois (or Huron) from attacking the group at the blockhouse?
10. What are some of the problems the group faces as they battle the Iroquois?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)