|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Heyward wish to marry?
(a) Cora Munro
(b) his fiance back in England
(c) Alice Munro
(d) an Indian woman
2. Why is Heyward convinced not to pursue Magua?
(a) It has gotten too dark.
(b) They will wait for him to return.
(c) They cannot leave the girls alone.
(d) There are probably Iroquois in the area.
3. What causes the Huron to leave the area of the blockhouse?
(a) a large bear
(b) the bitter water
(c) a bad smell
(d) a mass grave
4. Who is described as possessing muscular features?
5. What does one of the Huron threaten to do to Alice?
(a) scalp her
(b) cut her face with his knife
(c) shoot her
(d) throw her into the river
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Heywood confronts the guide?
2. When does the group prepare to move away from the blockhouse?
3. What is the joyful event at the fort?
4. What is the condition of the messenger?
5. Who spots the four hiding in the back of the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas leave to find help, what happens back near the cave?
2. What takes place after the slaughter of the refugees from Fort Henry?
3. Explain how David Gamut is allowed to accompany Heyward, Alice, and Cora on the trip to Ft. Henry.
4. What does Cora learn about Magua's early history?
5. What is the evidence that Cora and Alice have survived?
6. How do Heyward, David, Cora, and Alice almost escape unnoticed by the Iroquois?
7. How do Heyward, Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook attempt to capture Magua after they learn that he has betrayed Heyward and the girls?
8. What happens to prevent the torture of the captives?
9. What are some of the problems the group faces as they battle the Iroquois?
10. What plan does Magua have for the group of captives after Cora rejects his advances?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)