|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Heyward convinced not to pursue Magua?
(a) It has gotten too dark.
(b) They will wait for him to return.
(c) There are probably Iroquois in the area.
(d) They cannot leave the girls alone.
2. Who discovers them?
(a) a French teacher
(b) a French speaking Indian
(c) a French sentinel
(d) a French chef
3. What does one of the Huron threaten to do to Alice?
(a) cut her face with his knife
(b) shoot her
(c) throw her into the river
(d) scalp her
4. Who immediately join in the fight with the Hurons?
(a) Uncas and Chingachgook
(b) Alice and Cora
(c) Heywood and Gamut
(d) two Delaware scouts
5. How do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook leave to find help?
(a) Uncas alone and Hawkeye and Chingachgook together
(b) separately, walking along the banks of the river
(c) floating down the river
(d) headed first in the wrong direction to confuse the Iroquois
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man standing outside across the water?
2. What does Hawkeye recall at a pond?
3. Who does Uncas say are hiding in the woods?
4. What happens when Heywood confronts the guide?
5. Who in the group does not sleep in the cave that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Outline what Heyward tells Cora and Alice about their father while they hide in the cave behind the waterfall.
2. What does Col. Munro try to determine about Heyward's preference for Alice as a future wife?
3. What do they find as they near Fort Henry?
4. What takes place after the slaughter of the refugees from Fort Henry?
5. Explain what the Iroquois are really after.
6. What does Col. Munro say after he reads the letter intercepted from Gen. Webb and arranges the surrender with the French general?
7. Describe the conflict between Gen. Montcalm and Le Renard.
8. How do Heyward, Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook attempt to capture Magua after they learn that he has betrayed Heyward and the girls?
9. Tell what happens when the hiding place is spotted by the Iroquois.
10. How do Heyward, David, Cora, and Alice almost escape unnoticed by the Iroquois?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)