|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Huron to leave the area of the blockhouse?
(a) a large bear
(b) the bitter water
(c) a bad smell
(d) a mass grave
2. What does Magua want Cora to do after becoming his wife?
(a) renounce her father
(b) bake his bread and tuck him in at night
(c) draw his water, hoe his corn, and cook his venison
(d) bear him many daughters to sell
3. How does Magua know the girls' father?
(a) He joined the Mohawks and served under their father.
(b) He became a slave of their father.
(c) He was once captured by their father.
(d) He joined the Delaware and got access to their father.
4. When does the group prepare to move away from the blockhouse?
(a) at high noon
(b) two days later
(c) when the moon is high
(d) just before dawn
5. What does Heywood demand of Renard?
(a) that he protect the girls
(b) that he translate
(c) that he leave
(d) that he go for help
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Heywood and his party not realize?
2. How do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook leave to find help?
3. What does one of the Huron threaten to do to Alice?
4. What is Hawkeye's problem during the battle?
5. Who is at war as the novel begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the Iroquois are really after.
2. Describe the conflict between Gen. Montcalm and Le Renard.
3. Describe where the group stops to rest as they continue on to Fort Henry.
4. Why does Hawkeye say they returned to the cave site?
5. Describe the time and events during which the story begins.
6. Tell what happens when the hiding place is spotted by the Iroquois.
7. What plan does Magua have for the group of captives after Cora rejects his advances?
8. Outline what Heyward tells Cora and Alice about their father while they hide in the cave behind the waterfall.
9. What does Col. Munro say after he reads the letter intercepted from Gen. Webb and arranges the surrender with the French general?
10. What does Col. Munro try to determine about Heyward's preference for Alice as a future wife?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)