|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person the Huron immediately suspect killed their comrade?
(b) Le Longue Carribine
(d) Duncan Heywood
2. What is the suggestion in the letter from Gen. Webb?
(a) that troops are on the way
(b) that the Mohicans are coming to their rescue
(c) that the French are surrendering
(d) that Ft. Henry surrender
3. What does Cora suggest the men do?
(a) Leave them in the cave and go by river to seek help.
(b) Build a big signal fire.
(c) Wait until dark to slip away.
(d) Turn the women over to the Iroquois.
4. Who has pursued the Indians and their captives?
5. After the men leave, what do Cora and Alice do?
(a) climb a tree
(b) stand under the waterfall
(c) make dummies dressed in their clothes to appear asleep
(d) hide in the cave
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Magua hate Cora's father?
2. Who does Heyward wish to marry?
3. Where do they stop to rest?
4. Who discovers them?
5. What does Heywood demand of Renard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cora learn about Magua's early history?
2. What are some of the problems the group faces as they battle the Iroquois?
3. What does Col. Munro try to determine about Heyward's preference for Alice as a future wife?
4. Discuss briefly the noise that is heard outside the cave.
5. What are the arguments Heyward uses to try and get Magua to side with the captives?
6. What happens to prevent the torture of the captives?
7. What do they find as they near Fort Henry?
8. How do Heyward, Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook attempt to capture Magua after they learn that he has betrayed Heyward and the girls?
9. Describe the conflict between Gen. Montcalm and Le Renard.
10. Describe the time and events during which the story begins.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)