|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prevents Cora from being scalped?
2. What encourages the searchers?
(a) a trail left by Cora and Magua
(b) a trail of coins dropped by someone
(c) a note dropped by Cora
(d) a place where Alice stopped to rest
3. How is Heyward nearly wounded?
(a) by a bullet near his head
(b) by a knife in hand to hand combat
(c) by a glancing arrow
(d) by a tomahawk
4. Four days after Heywood and the girls enter Fort Henry, who is led to the fort?
5. What does Uncas find?
(a) Cora's scalp
(b) a piece of Alice's veil
(c) Alice's Bible
(d) David's harmonica
Short Answer Questions
1. As what do the hunters identify Heywood's guide?
2. What is it that Hawkeye fears?
3. What threat is spotted by Hawkeye near a waterfall?
4. Who has pursued the Indians and their captives?
5. What prevents an Indian from killing Col. Munro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ruse do Heyward and Hawkeye use to confuse the Delaware?
2. What is the near confrontation between Magua and Chingachgook?
3. Describe the time and events during which the story begins.
4. Tell what happens when the hiding place is spotted by the Iroquois.
5. Discuss briefly the noise that is heard outside the cave.
6. What are some of the problems the group faces as they battle the Iroquois?
7. What does Cora learn about Magua's early history?
8. What happens to prevent the torture of the captives?
9. What do they find as they near Fort Henry?
10. What does Hawkeye, disguised as the bear, propose to do to Uncas?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)