|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts David Gamut's song in the cave?
(a) Hawkeye tells him to be quiet
(b) the horses splashing in the pool
(c) a rockslide outside the cave
(d) a sound that no one can identify.
2. What is Magua's objection to the surrender treaty?
(a) no fires are set
(b) no money changed hands
(c) no hostages are taken
(d) no scalps have been taken
3. What is the suggestion in the letter from Gen. Webb?
(a) that the Mohicans are coming to their rescue
(b) that Ft. Henry surrender
(c) that the French are surrendering
(d) that troops are on the way
4. Four days after Heywood and the girls enter Fort Henry, who is led to the fort?
5. What is it that Hawkeye fears?
(c) the undead
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Heyward convinced not to pursue Magua?
2. Who prevents Cora from being scalped?
3. What do they place in front of the covering to the back of the cave?
4. What does Cora suggest the men do?
5. After the Indian ambush, who are out looking for Cora and Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Tell what happens when the hiding place is spotted by the Iroquois.
2. What do the French do with the captured Hawkeye?
3. Describe what happens when a warrior takes a baby as ransom for a woman's shawl.
4. What does Cora learn about Magua's early history?
5. Explain how David Gamut is allowed to accompany Heyward, Alice, and Cora on the trip to Ft. Henry.
6. Describe the time and events during which the story begins.
7. Relate how Chingachgook explains why the Mohicans were finally unable to beat back the Iroquois.
8. What takes place after the slaughter of the refugees from Fort Henry?
9. What does Col. Munro say after he reads the letter intercepted from Gen. Webb and arranges the surrender with the French general?
10. What happens to prevent the torture of the captives?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)