|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers them?
(a) a French teacher
(b) a French speaking Indian
(c) a French sentinel
(d) a French chef
2. What saves them from the Frenchman who discovers them?
(a) Heyward's French accent
(b) Alice's ragged skirts
(c) Chingashgook's pidgin French
(d) Cora's perfect French
3. Who are the men out looking for the group?
(a) Magua and other Hurons
(b) soldiers from Ft. Henry
(c) Delaware from Ft. Edward
(d) Chingachgooks other son
4. Who is the Indian waiting with the European?
5. What does Cora suggest the men do?
(a) Wait until dark to slip away.
(b) Turn the women over to the Iroquois.
(c) Leave them in the cave and go by river to seek help.
(d) Build a big signal fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heywood demand of Renard?
2. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
3. What happens as the Huron see one of their group fall dead?
4. What is the joyful event at the fort?
5. After Magua gets away for a second time, what happens to the dead Hurons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the evidence that Cora and Alice have survived?
2. What are some of the problems the group faces as they battle the Iroquois?
3. Describe the time and events during which the story begins.
4. What does Cora manage to convince the men to do?
5. Discuss briefly the noise that is heard outside the cave.
6. Describe the conflict between Gen. Montcalm and Le Renard.
7. How do Heyward, David, Cora, and Alice almost escape unnoticed by the Iroquois?
8. What are the arguments Heyward uses to try and get Magua to side with the captives?
9. What takes place after the slaughter of the refugees from Fort Henry?
10. Tell what happens when the hiding place is spotted by the Iroquois.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)