|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Magua gets away for a second time, what happens to the dead Hurons?
(a) They are piled up and burned.
(b) They are thrown into the river.
(c) They are chopped into pieces.
(d) They are scalped.
2. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
(a) cuts the arrow out of his leg
(b) moves him to the back of the cave
(c) ties a gag over his mouth to conceal his groans
(d) knocks him out to keep him quiet
3. What happens to the treacherous guide?
(a) Hawkeye kills him.
(b) Uncas gets him with an arrow.
(c) He is wounded but not caught.
(d) He escapes without injury.
4. What does Uncas take to ward off wolves?
(a) his tomakawk
(b) Hawkeye's rifle
(c) a firebrand
(d) several large stones
5. What does Cora suggest the men do?
(a) Leave them in the cave and go by river to seek help.
(b) Build a big signal fire.
(c) Wait until dark to slip away.
(d) Turn the women over to the Iroquois.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes across the Indian scout and the hunter?
2. What interrupts David Gamut's song in the cave?
3. What is happening when they finally near the fort?
4. What do the Iroquois do in the outer cave?
5. How does Magua know the girls' father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what the Iroquois are really after.
2. Explain why Hawkeye and Chingachgook dissuade Heyward from going after the wounded Magua.
3. After Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas leave to find help, what happens back near the cave?
4. After leaving in the opposite direction of the Iroquois, what does the reader learn about Hawkeye?
5. Describe the time and events during which the story begins.
6. What do the French do with the captured Hawkeye?
7. How do Heyward, Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook attempt to capture Magua after they learn that he has betrayed Heyward and the girls?
8. What plan does Magua have for the group of captives after Cora rejects his advances?
9. What does Col. Munro try to determine about Heyward's preference for Alice as a future wife?
10. What does Col. Munro say after he reads the letter intercepted from Gen. Webb and arranges the surrender with the French general?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)