|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the evacuees from Ft. Henry?
(a) the French open fire
(b) they get into quicksand
(c) the women and children fall behand
(d) 2000 Indians attack them
2. Four days after Heywood and the girls enter Fort Henry, who is led to the fort?
3. What does Uncas find?
(a) Alice's Bible
(b) David's harmonica
(c) Cora's scalp
(d) a piece of Alice's veil
4. Who prevents Cora from being scalped?
5. Who discovers them?
(a) a French sentinel
(b) a French speaking Indian
(c) a French teacher
(d) a French chef
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncas take to ward off wolves?
2. What do they conclude has frightened the horses?
3. What does Cora suggest the men do?
4. Why is Col. Munro dejected as he returns to the fort?
5. What does one of the Huron threaten to do to Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Magua have for the group of captives after Cora rejects his advances?
2. Relate how Chingachgook explains why the Mohicans were finally unable to beat back the Iroquois.
3. Explain how David Gamut is allowed to accompany Heyward, Alice, and Cora on the trip to Ft. Henry.
4. What do they find as they near Fort Henry?
5. Outline what Heyward tells Cora and Alice about their father while they hide in the cave behind the waterfall.
6. After leaving in the opposite direction of the Iroquois, what does the reader learn about Hawkeye?
7. Tell what happens when the hiding place is spotted by the Iroquois.
8. Explain what the Iroquois are really after.
9. Describe the conflict between Gen. Montcalm and Le Renard.
10. What do the French do with the captured Hawkeye?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)