|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spots the four hiding in the back of the cave?
(a) Magua, also called Renard
(b) Uncas who has doubled back
(c) Hawkeye who returns unexpectedly
(d) an Iroquois squaw
2. What does Uncas find?
(a) David's harmonica
(b) a piece of Alice's veil
(c) Alice's Bible
(d) Cora's scalp
3. As what do the hunters identify Heywood's guide?
(a) a Mohican
(b) a Mohawk
(c) a Sioux
(d) a Huron
4. What interrupts David Gamut's song in the cave?
(a) the horses splashing in the pool
(b) a rockslide outside the cave
(c) a sound that no one can identify.
(d) Hawkeye tells him to be quiet
5. As the group journeys on after the battle with the Hurons, who leads them?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Magua know the girls' father?
2. Led captive by the Iroquois and Renard, which way do they travel?
3. What does Cora suggest the men do?
4. Who is described as possessing muscular features?
5. What does Uncas take to ward off wolves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Hawkeye and Chingachgook dissuade Heyward from going after the wounded Magua.
2. How do Heyward, David, Cora, and Alice almost escape unnoticed by the Iroquois?
3. What news is in the letter Hawkeye delivers to Gen. Munro?
4. Describe the time and events during which the story begins.
5. What does Col. Munro try to determine about Heyward's preference for Alice as a future wife?
6. Describe the conflict between Gen. Montcalm and Le Renard.
7. What takes place after the slaughter of the refugees from Fort Henry?
8. Relate how Chingachgook explains why the Mohicans were finally unable to beat back the Iroquois.
9. After Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas leave to find help, what happens back near the cave?
10. Outline what Heyward tells Cora and Alice about their father while they hide in the cave behind the waterfall.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)