|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who immediately join in the fight with the Hurons?
(a) two Delaware scouts
(b) Uncas and Chingachgook
(c) Alice and Cora
(d) Heywood and Gamut
2. What does the strange sound turn out to be?
(a) a large owl
(b) a goat caught in brambles
(c) an Indian war cry
(d) a horse in pain or terror
3. What distresses Uncas?
(a) He knows the Iroquois have spotted the girls.
(b) He sees a Huron stealing the canoe.
(c) His quivver is empty.
(d) Chingachgook is shot in the arm.
4. What is one of the rewards Heyward promises Renard if he helps them?
(a) a trip to England
(b) a river of firewater
(c) ten horses
(d) Cora as his wife
5. What is happening when they finally near the fort?
(a) Montcalm's army is firing on the forts.
(b) All is quiet on the western front.
(c) The fort is being burned to the ground.
(d) The fort has been abandoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Magua's background?
2. What do they use over the entrance to the back of the cave?
3. Who is the person the Huron immediately suspect killed their comrade?
4. Who discovers them?
5. Who comes across the Indian scout and the hunter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss briefly the noise that is heard outside the cave.
2. What do they find as they near Fort Henry?
3. What does Col. Munro try to determine about Heyward's preference for Alice as a future wife?
4. Outline what Heyward tells Cora and Alice about their father while they hide in the cave behind the waterfall.
5. What are some of the problems the group faces as they battle the Iroquois?
6. Relate how Chingachgook explains why the Mohicans were finally unable to beat back the Iroquois.
7. What takes place after the slaughter of the refugees from Fort Henry?
8. What is the evidence that Cora and Alice have survived?
9. What does Cora learn about Magua's early history?
10. Tell what happens when the hiding place is spotted by the Iroquois.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)