|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening when they finally near the fort?
(a) The fort is being burned to the ground.
(b) Montcalm's army is firing on the forts.
(c) All is quiet on the western front.
(d) The fort has been abandoned.
2. What is the condition of the messenger?
(a) His head is bandaged.
(b) His arm is broken.
(c) His hands are bound.
(d) His shirt is bloody.
3. What is the secret place where Hawkeye, Chingachgook and Uncas take the major and the Munro girls?
(a) a treehouse in the forest
(b) a hut inside a briar patch
(c) a cave behind a waterfall
(d) a clearing behind a large rock
4. What does Uncas take to ward off wolves?
(a) a firebrand
(b) Hawkeye's rifle
(c) several large stones
(d) his tomakawk
5. Where did Munro meet the girls' mother?
(a) in the West Indies
(b) in Florida
(c) in Canada
(d) in Africa
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the treacherous guide?
2. Leaving the safety of the thicket, what do they hear?
3. After the men leave, what do Cora and Alice do?
4. What do they use over the entrance to the back of the cave?
5. What does Cora suggest the men do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to prevent the torture of the captives?
2. What is the evidence that Cora and Alice have survived?
3. What news is in the letter Hawkeye delivers to Gen. Munro?
4. Explain how David Gamut is allowed to accompany Heyward, Alice, and Cora on the trip to Ft. Henry.
5. Why does Hawkeye say they returned to the cave site?
6. What does Col. Munro try to determine about Heyward's preference for Alice as a future wife?
7. Relate how Chingachgook explains why the Mohicans were finally unable to beat back the Iroquois.
8. Outline what Heyward tells Cora and Alice about their father while they hide in the cave behind the waterfall.
9. What do the French do with the captured Hawkeye?
10. Explain why Hawkeye and Chingachgook dissuade Heyward from going after the wounded Magua.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)