|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has pursued the Indians and their captives?
2. What do Heywood and his party not realize?
(a) Fort Henry has been defeated.
(b) They are being watched.
(c) They have made a wrong turn.
(d) They do not have enough provisions.
3. What is one thing Col. Munro says he never thought he would see?
(a) A battle that lasted more than twenty days.
(b) His daughters getting married.
(c) Indians coming to his rescue.
(d) A Frenchman too honest to profit by his advantage.
4. Who does Heyward wish to marry?
(a) Alice Munro
(b) Cora Munro
(c) an Indian woman
(d) his fiance back in England
5. What advice does Hawkeye give as they battle the Iroquois?
(a) not to shoot till they can see the whites of their eyes
(b) to conserve their shots
(c) to keep up a constant barrage of gunfire
(d) to keep their heads down
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Magua's objection to the surrender treaty?
2. Who is described as possessing muscular features?
3. Who is the person the Huron immediately suspect killed their comrade?
4. Who is at war as the novel begins?
5. What is the message for Ft. Henry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the evidence that Cora and Alice have survived?
2. What does Col. Munro try to determine about Heyward's preference for Alice as a future wife?
3. What do the French do with the captured Hawkeye?
4. Describe the time and events during which the story begins.
5. Explain what the Iroquois are really after.
6. What happens to prevent the torture of the captives?
7. Explain why Hawkeye and Chingachgook dissuade Heyward from going after the wounded Magua.
8. Explain how David Gamut is allowed to accompany Heyward, Alice, and Cora on the trip to Ft. Henry.
9. How do Heyward, Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook attempt to capture Magua after they learn that he has betrayed Heyward and the girls?
10. After leaving in the opposite direction of the Iroquois, what does the reader learn about Hawkeye?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)