|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Hawkeye fears?
(c) the undead
2. What distresses Uncas?
(a) His quivver is empty.
(b) He knows the Iroquois have spotted the girls.
(c) Chingachgook is shot in the arm.
(d) He sees a Huron stealing the canoe.
3. What does Magua want Cora to do after becoming his wife?
(a) draw his water, hoe his corn, and cook his venison
(b) bear him many daughters to sell
(c) renounce her father
(d) bake his bread and tuck him in at night
4. What does Hawkeye recall at a pond?
(a) a camp he once set up
(b) a fish he caught
(c) a deer he killed
(d) a battle with the French
5. Who actually goes to the dinner?
(a) Colonel Munro
(b) Cora Munro
(c) Alice Munro
(d) Duncan Heyward
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Heywood and his party not realize?
2. What is the secret place where Hawkeye, Chingachgook and Uncas take the major and the Munro girls?
3. What is the condition of the messenger?
4. Who does Uncas say are hiding in the woods?
5. How is Heyward nearly wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Hawkeye and Chingachgook dissuade Heyward from going after the wounded Magua.
2. Why does Hawkeye say they returned to the cave site?
3. Describe where the group stops to rest as they continue on to Fort Henry.
4. What does Cora learn about Magua's early history?
5. Describe what happens when a warrior takes a baby as ransom for a woman's shawl.
6. Explain what the Iroquois are really after.
7. What are some of the problems the group faces as they battle the Iroquois?
8. What does Col. Munro say after he reads the letter intercepted from Gen. Webb and arranges the surrender with the French general?
9. What does Col. Munro try to determine about Heyward's preference for Alice as a future wife?
10. Relate how Chingachgook explains why the Mohicans were finally unable to beat back the Iroquois.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)