|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the group journeys on after the battle with the Hurons, who leads them?
2. What is Magua's background?
(a) the son of a Huron chief
(b) a warrior of the Sioux
(c) a renegade from the Seminole
(d) a foundling raised by the Delaware
3. What does Heywood demand of Renard?
(a) that he protect the girls
(b) that he translate
(c) that he go for help
(d) that he leave
4. Who does Uncas say are hiding in the woods?
5. What is the secret place where Hawkeye, Chingachgook and Uncas take the major and the Munro girls?
(a) a hut inside a briar patch
(b) a cave behind a waterfall
(c) a treehouse in the forest
(d) a clearing behind a large rock
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Col. Munro dejected as he returns to the fort?
2. What is it that Hawkeye fears?
3. What do the Iroquois do in the outer cave?
4. What happens to Cora during the fight?
5. What does Uncas find?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas leave to find help, what happens back near the cave?
2. Outline what Heyward tells Cora and Alice about their father while they hide in the cave behind the waterfall.
3. Describe what happens when a warrior takes a baby as ransom for a woman's shawl.
4. Explain why Hawkeye and Chingachgook dissuade Heyward from going after the wounded Magua.
5. What keeps the Iroquois (or Huron) from attacking the group at the blockhouse?
6. Tell what happens when the hiding place is spotted by the Iroquois.
7. Explain how David Gamut is allowed to accompany Heyward, Alice, and Cora on the trip to Ft. Henry.
8. What does Cora learn about Magua's early history?
9. Explain what the Iroquois are really after.
10. What news is in the letter Hawkeye delivers to Gen. Munro?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)