|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distresses Uncas?
(a) He knows the Iroquois have spotted the girls.
(b) He sees a Huron stealing the canoe.
(c) Chingachgook is shot in the arm.
(d) His quivver is empty.
2. What is Hawkeye's problem during the battle?
(a) He loses his eyeglasses.
(b) He runs out of ammunition.
(c) He slips on a wet rock.
(d) He sprains his ankle.
3. Who immediately join in the fight with the Hurons?
(a) Uncas and Chingachgook
(b) Alice and Cora
(c) Heywood and Gamut
(d) two Delaware scouts
4. What saves them from the Frenchman who discovers them?
(a) Cora's perfect French
(b) Heyward's French accent
(c) Chingashgook's pidgin French
(d) Alice's ragged skirts
5. What advice does Hawkeye give as they battle the Iroquois?
(a) to keep up a constant barrage of gunfire
(b) not to shoot till they can see the whites of their eyes
(c) to conserve their shots
(d) to keep their heads down
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man of European stock waiting a few miles westward of Heyward and the Munro girls?
2. What does Heywood demand of Renard?
3. What is it that Hawkeye fears?
4. Who is the lone man making his way to the outskirts of the French camp?
5. What caused Magua's downfall
Short Essay Questions
1. Outline what Heyward tells Cora and Alice about their father while they hide in the cave behind the waterfall.
2. What news is in the letter Hawkeye delivers to Gen. Munro?
3. After Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas leave to find help, what happens back near the cave?
4. Tell about the Hurons' response to the Delaware declaration of war.
5. Discuss briefly the noise that is heard outside the cave.
6. What saves Uncas from torture and death in the Delaware camp?
7. What does Col. Munro try to determine about Heyward's preference for Alice as a future wife?
8. How do Heyward, David, Cora, and Alice almost escape unnoticed by the Iroquois?
9. Describe where the group stops to rest as they continue on to Fort Henry.
10. Explain why Hawkeye and Chingachgook dissuade Heyward from going after the wounded Magua.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)