|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the group prepare to move away from the blockhouse?
(a) when the moon is high
(b) just before dawn
(c) two days later
(d) at high noon
2. How is Heyward nearly wounded?
(a) by a tomahawk
(b) by a bullet near his head
(c) by a knife in hand to hand combat
(d) by a glancing arrow
3. What happens as the Huron see one of their group fall dead?
(a) they are momentarily immobile
(b) they run off in all directions
(c) they hide behind the Munro girls
(d) they cut Heywood's throat
4. Who is the Indian waiting with the European?
5. What is Magua's objection to the surrender treaty?
(a) no hostages are taken
(b) no money changed hands
(c) no fires are set
(d) no scalps have been taken
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man of European stock waiting a few miles westward of Heyward and the Munro girls?
2. Led captive by the Iroquois and Renard, which way do they travel?
3. What is the secret place where Hawkeye, Chingachgook and Uncas take the major and the Munro girls?
4. What encourages the searchers?
5. What do the men realize as they study the trail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Relate how Chingachgook explains why the Mohicans were finally unable to beat back the Iroquois.
2. What does Col. Munro say after he reads the letter intercepted from Gen. Webb and arranges the surrender with the French general?
3. How do the braves discover that Uncas is gone?
4. Discuss briefly the noise that is heard outside the cave.
5. What are the arguments Heyward uses to try and get Magua to side with the captives?
6. After Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas leave to find help, what happens back near the cave?
7. What happens that night as the five men stay in the ruins of Fort Henry?
8. What are some of the problems the group faces as they battle the Iroquois?
9. What plan does Magua have for the group of captives after Cora rejects his advances?
10. What ruse do Heyward and Hawkeye use to confuse the Delaware?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)