|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Huron to leave the area of the blockhouse?
(a) the bitter water
(b) a mass grave
(c) a bad smell
(d) a large bear
2. Led captive by the Iroquois and Renard, which way do they travel?
(a) toward the sea
(b) back toward Ft. Edward
(c) away from the forts
(d) around in circles
3. Who does Heyward wish to marry?
(a) Cora Munro
(b) an Indian woman
(c) Alice Munro
(d) his fiance back in England
4. What happens as the Huron see one of their group fall dead?
(a) they hide behind the Munro girls
(b) they are momentarily immobile
(c) they cut Heywood's throat
(d) they run off in all directions
5. Who discovers them?
(a) a French speaking Indian
(b) a French teacher
(c) a French chef
(d) a French sentinel
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Munro meet the girls' mother?
2. What distresses Uncas?
3. How is Heyward nearly wounded?
4. Who is the lone man making his way to the outskirts of the French camp?
5. What does Cora suggest the men do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to prevent the torture of the captives?
2. What do the French do with the captured Hawkeye?
3. Explain why Hawkeye and Chingachgook dissuade Heyward from going after the wounded Magua.
4. After Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas leave to find help, what happens back near the cave?
5. After leaving in the opposite direction of the Iroquois, what does the reader learn about Hawkeye?
6. What do they find as they near Fort Henry?
7. What is the evidence that Cora and Alice have survived?
8. Discuss briefly the noise that is heard outside the cave.
9. How do Heyward, David, Cora, and Alice almost escape unnoticed by the Iroquois?
10. Outline what Heyward tells Cora and Alice about their father while they hide in the cave behind the waterfall.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)