|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Magua say is responsible for tying him up?
(c) Le Longue Carabine
2. How do Uncas and Chingachgook behave after the threat is gone?
(a) standing ready for another intruder
(b) serious and speaking in whispers
(c) playfully talking together
(d) warning the others to be quiet
3. Chased by Uncas and the white men, where does Magua go?
(a) to the Huron village
(b) to the cave where Cora is
(c) to the river
(d) to the Delaware camp
4. What makes the work of the men so dangerous?
(a) a change in the weather
(b) foes in front and foes at the rear
(c) Indian scouts
(d) Heyward and Munro
5. What slows their progress in tracking the Indians?
(a) Heyward suffers from the heat
(b) a river crossing
(c) a few false leads
(d) Munro becomes hysterical
6. What does the Huron chief want Heyward to do about an evil spirit in a tribal woman?
(a) to frighten it away
(b) to learn its name
(c) to make it enter Uncas
(d) to teach it how to dance
7. What might have kept a Huron around after his tribe departed?
(a) a serious wound
8. How is Cora prepared for burial?
(a) in a leather Delaware squaw dress
(b) in fine robes and flowers over her body
(c) in a silk dress taken from Ft Henry
(d) wrapped in a white sheet
9. When Uncas reappears, how does his face look?
(a) painted half-black
(b) painted yellow
(c) painted solid white
(d) painted red
10. What do they suspect about the Oneida?
(a) that the tribe will follow
(b) that he was a French scout
(c) that he was a member of a small gang
(d) that he knew where the Iroquois had gone
11. What happens to the boy sent to collect rifles?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is given a hero's welcome.
(c) He is shot in the arm.
(d) He escapes any danger.
12. Who does Magua say is in the Delaware camp?
(b) Le Longue Carabine
13. What makes the Huron warriors angry?
(a) Cora has replaced Uncas.
(b) They cannot find David.
(c) Alice is gone from the lodge.
(d) They discover Uncas' escape.
14. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
15. What gave the Huron the idea that David is insane?
(a) his song during the killing
(b) his funny walk
(c) his dancing during the killing
(d) his playing the harmonica
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops the Delaware from torturing Uncas?
2. Who does the bear turn out to be?
3. What does Chingachgook declare after Uncas is buried?
4. What resistance does Cora put up?
5. Who is brought into the circle with Cora?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)