|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heywood smuggle Alice out of the cave?
(a) in the bear hide
(b) as a blanket-wrapped bundle
(c) as an Indian squaw
(d) in a suitcase
2. Who is brought into the circle with Cora?
(a) Col. Munro, Alice, and David
(b) Alice, Heyward, and Hawkeye
(c) Magua, Hawkeye, and Chingachgook
(d) David, Uncas, and Chingachgook
3. What startles David in the hut?
(a) when Uncas is thrown in
(b) when the bear speaks
(c) when Reed that Bends is thrown in
(d) when the hut catches fire
4. What do the two Huron with Magua start to do?
(a) dump Cora in the river
(b) kill Cora with their tomahawks
(c) throw Cora off the cliff
(d) fight over who gets Cora
5. Where is Cora?
(a) with another war party going back to the village
(b) tied to a tree near the camp
(c) cooking for the Huron warriors
(d) with another tribe two miles away
6. What makes the work of the men so dangerous?
(a) Indian scouts
(b) foes in front and foes at the rear
(c) Heyward and Munro
(d) a change in the weather
7. What weapon does David insist he can use?
(a) a knife
(b) a spear
(c) a pistol
(d) a sling
8. What stops the Delaware from torturing Uncas?
(a) his superior strength
(b) his turtle tattoo
(c) his quick wits
(d) his challenge to Magua
9. What gave the Huron the idea that David is insane?
(a) his funny walk
(b) his dancing during the killing
(c) his song during the killing
(d) his playing the harmonica
10. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
(a) eat him
(b) carry him away
(c) to take the courage of the prisoner
(d) mark him for life
11. What does Magua use to persuade the chief?
(a) his powers of oratory
(b) his challenge
(c) his strength
(d) his gifts
12. What is Magua really after?
(a) He wants Cora.
(b) He wants Alice.
(c) He wants a treaty.
(d) He wants volunteers.
13. Who does Magua say is responsible for tying him up?
(b) Le Longue Carabine
14. How do the men leave the fort the next morning?
15. Chased by Uncas and the white men, where does Magua go?
(a) to the Delaware camp
(b) to the Huron village
(c) to the cave where Cora is
(d) to the river
Short Answer Questions
1. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
2. What choice does Magua give Cora?
3. How does Heywood speak to the Huron chief?
4. Who is the large warrior who shows up?
5. Where is Alice Munro?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)