|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do they discover the footprints of women?
(a) in a concealed trail
(b) in one small clearing
(c) deep in the worst thicket
(d) near a stream where they drank
2. Where is Cora?
(a) with another tribe two miles away
(b) with another war party going back to the village
(c) tied to a tree near the camp
(d) cooking for the Huron warriors
3. Where is Cora while the war plans proceed?
(a) riding behind Magua
(b) in a cave guarded by Huron
(c) tied to a tree
(d) back in the Huron village
4. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
(a) mark him for life
(b) to take the courage of the prisoner
(c) carry him away
(d) eat him
5. What does Heywood tell Alice?
(a) that her father is waiting at Fort Edward
(b) that her father refuses to let them marry
(c) that her father is ill
(d) that her father has given permission for them to marry
6. What does the chief say about Reed that Bends?
(a) He has gone to scout out the enemy.
(b) He who was called by that name is forgotten.
(c) He has run away.
(d) He is too young to hunt.
7. How does Uncas disguise himself to escape?
(a) by wearing a dress
(b) by changing clothes with Hawkeye
(c) by painting his face
(d) by putting on the bear suit
8. Who does Magua say is in the Delaware camp?
(a) Le Longue Carabine
9. What makes the work of the men so dangerous?
(a) Heyward and Munro
(b) Indian scouts
(c) a change in the weather
(d) foes in front and foes at the rear
10. What happens to the boy sent to collect rifles?
(a) He is given a hero's welcome.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is shot in the arm.
(d) He escapes any danger.
11. What is the rumor Tamenund refers to?
(a) that the Mohicans will rise again
(b) that two Mohicans were still alive
(c) that the Iroquois are killing Delaware people
(d) that a white man will become chief of the Mohicans
12. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
(a) to leave no trail
(b) to listen for the French
(c) to watch for Oneida
(d) to preten to be going fishing
13. Who is the intruder?
(a) a Delaware
(b) an Iroquois
(c) another Mohican
(d) an Oneida
14. When Heywood hears something, who does he turn to?
(a) He asks Hawkeye to check.
(b) He asks Uncas to check.
(c) He asks a private to check.
(d) He asks Chingachgook to check.
15. What do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook do to confuse those following them?
(a) put down a false trail
(b) set fire to their canoes
(c) pretend to build a camp
(d) split up and leave three trails
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Delaware chief's response when Magua offers to take Cora off his hands?
2. Who is the only one of the captives that Magua has a claim on?
3. How do Uncas and Chingachgook behave after the threat is gone?
4. How does Heywood speak to the Huron chief?
5. How do they determine which--Heywood or Hawkeye--is Le Longe Carabine?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)