|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heywood tell Alice?
(a) that her father is waiting at Fort Edward
(b) that her father refuses to let them marry
(c) that her father is ill
(d) that her father has given permission for them to marry
2. When Uncas reappears, how does his face look?
(a) painted half-black
(b) painted red
(c) painted yellow
(d) painted solid white
3. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
4. What do they suspect about the Oneida?
(a) that he was a member of a small gang
(b) that the tribe will follow
(c) that he was a French scout
(d) that he knew where the Iroquois had gone
5. How do Hawkeye and Uncas leave David in the lodge?
(a) tied up naked in the shadows
(b) knocked out in the shadown
(c) in the shadows dressed as Uncas
(d) tied to a log in the shadows
6. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
(a) to preten to be going fishing
(b) to leave no trail
(c) to listen for the French
(d) to watch for Oneida
7. At first, what does Tamenund do?
(a) calls Magua to tesitfy against Uncas
(b) demands that Uncas identify himself
(c) turns his back on Uncas
(d) condemns Uncas to be tortured and killed
8. Who does Magua choose when Hawkeye offers his life for Cora?
9. Where does Uncas locate a sign of the group they are pursuing?
(a) under an overhang
(b) near a brook
(c) in a thicket
(d) beside a deer trail
10. What gave the Huron the idea that David is insane?
(a) his song during the killing
(b) his dancing during the killing
(c) his playing the harmonica
(d) his funny walk
11. What assurance does Hawkeye give Chingachgook?
(a) that he will never be alone
(b) that there will be a resurrection
(c) that he will get a government pension
(d) that Uncas is in the Happy Hunting Ground
12. Who does Hawkeye confess to killing?
(a) many buffalo but no people
(b) many Iroquois but no Delaware
(c) many white men but no Indians
(d) many Delaware but no Mohicans
13. Chased by Uncas and the white men, where does Magua go?
(a) to the river
(b) to the cave where Cora is
(c) to the Huron village
(d) to the Delaware camp
14. What does the chief say about Reed that Bends?
(a) He is too young to hunt.
(b) He has gone to scout out the enemy.
(c) He who was called by that name is forgotten.
(d) He has run away.
15. What might have kept a Huron around after his tribe departed?
(d) a serious wound
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Chingachgook disguised?
2. Why is one of the Huron killed in the camp?
3. Where do they discover the footprints of women?
4. How does Uncas disguise himself to escape?
5. How is Cora prepared for burial?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)