|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor Tamenund refers to?
(a) that the Mohicans will rise again
(b) that two Mohicans were still alive
(c) that the Iroquois are killing Delaware people
(d) that a white man will become chief of the Mohicans
2. Who shows up at the Delaware camp with open arms?
(a) Gen. Montcalm
3. What is the Delaware chief's response when Magua offers to take Cora off his hands?
(a) He laughs and says no.
(b) He pretends he does not understand.
(c) He says that Cora is welcome.
(d) He asks for a high price.
4. In the Huron village, what does Uncas tell Heyward?
(a) to act crazy
(b) to run for help
(c) to pretend not to know him
(d) to throw things at him
5. What dashes their hopes of finding Magua and the girls?
(a) They come to a rocky valley with no trail.
(b) It begins to rain and wash away the trail.
(c) The trail goes cold.
(d) The horses are found wandering by themselves.
6. At first, what does Tamenund do?
(a) turns his back on Uncas
(b) demands that Uncas identify himself
(c) condemns Uncas to be tortured and killed
(d) calls Magua to tesitfy against Uncas
7. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
(a) to take the courage of the prisoner
(b) eat him
(c) carry him away
(d) mark him for life
8. How is Hawkeye dressed as they escape?
(a) as a medicine man
(b) still as a bear
(c) in a Huron robe
(d) in David's clothes
9. What does the Huron chief want Heyward to do about an evil spirit in a tribal woman?
(a) to frighten it away
(b) to learn its name
(c) to make it enter Uncas
(d) to teach it how to dance
10. After Magua enters, what do Hawkeye and Heyward do with him?
(a) tie and gag him
(b) throw him down a canyon
(c) cut his throat
(d) knock him out
11. Which main characters do not survive the battle?
(a) Cora and Uncas
(b) Hawkeye and Uncas
(c) Chingachgook and Hawkeye
(d) Alice and Heyward
12. How is Chingachgook disguised?
(a) as a large otter
(b) as another bear
(c) as a wolf
(d) as a tree
13. What stops the Delaware from torturing Uncas?
(a) his superior strength
(b) his challenge to Magua
(c) his quick wits
(d) his turtle tattoo
14. How does Heywood speak to the Huron chief?
(a) in Russian
(b) in Huron
(c) in German
(d) in French
15. What slows their progress in tracking the Indians?
(a) a river crossing
(b) Munro becomes hysterical
(c) Heyward suffers from the heat
(d) a few false leads
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cora?
2. What might have kept a Huron around after his tribe departed?
3. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
4. How is Cora prepared for burial?
5. What does David report?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)