|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Huron allow David to come and go?
(a) They think he is dangerous.
(b) They think he is mad.
(c) They think he is lost.
(d) They think he is funny.
2. How do they know their passage across the lake is discovered?
(a) the sound of drums
(b) a clamor of whooping on an island
(c) a white flag flying
(d) a bullet fired and a shrill yell
3. What is Heyward hoping for as he wanders around the Huron village?
(a) to find something to eat
(b) to find a wife
(c) to find a sign of Alice
(d) to entertain the children
4. What do the two Huron with Magua start to do?
(a) dump Cora in the river
(b) throw Cora off the cliff
(c) kill Cora with their tomahawks
(d) fight over who gets Cora
5. How do Uncas and Chingachgook behave after the threat is gone?
(a) serious and speaking in whispers
(b) playfully talking together
(c) warning the others to be quiet
(d) standing ready for another intruder
6. Who is brought into the circle with Cora?
(a) David, Uncas, and Chingachgook
(b) Magua, Hawkeye, and Chingachgook
(c) Alice, Heyward, and Hawkeye
(d) Col. Munro, Alice, and David
7. What does Chingachgook say over the body of his son?
(a) the he will kill himself to join his son
(b) that he will revenge Uncas' death
(c) that the Great spirit is unfair
(d) that he is now the last Mohican
8. What do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook do to confuse those following them?
(a) pretend to build a camp
(b) put down a false trail
(c) set fire to their canoes
(d) split up and leave three trails
9. What stops the Delaware from torturing Uncas?
(a) his superior strength
(b) his turtle tattoo
(c) his challenge to Magua
(d) his quick wits
10. What makes the work of the men so dangerous?
(a) Heyward and Munro
(b) a change in the weather
(c) Indian scouts
(d) foes in front and foes at the rear
11. What gave the Huron the idea that David is insane?
(a) his playing the harmonica
(b) his song during the killing
(c) his dancing during the killing
(d) his funny walk
12. What does David report?
(a) that the girls are both sick
(b) that the Huron quarrel over the girls
(c) that the girls are unspoiled
(d) that the girls are tied to a tree
13. What happens to the boy sent to collect rifles?
(a) He escapes any danger.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is given a hero's welcome.
(d) He is shot in the arm.
14. Who does Magua say is in the Delaware camp?
(b) Le Longue Carabine
15. What startles David in the hut?
(a) when Uncas is thrown in
(b) when the hut catches fire
(c) when the bear speaks
(d) when Reed that Bends is thrown in
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chingachgook declare after Uncas is buried?
2. In the Huron village, what does Uncas tell Heyward?
3. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
4. What is Magua really after?
5. Which main characters do not survive the battle?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)