|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Uncas reappears, how does his face look?
(a) painted red
(b) painted half-black
(c) painted solid white
(d) painted yellow
2. What does the Huron chief want Heyward to do about an evil spirit in a tribal woman?
(a) to frighten it away
(b) to teach it how to dance
(c) to learn its name
(d) to make it enter Uncas
3. How does Uncas disguise himself to escape?
(a) by wearing a dress
(b) by painting his face
(c) by putting on the bear suit
(d) by changing clothes with Hawkeye
4. What weapon does David insist he can use?
(a) a pistol
(b) a knife
(c) a spear
(d) a sling
5. What does Heywood tell Alice?
(a) that her father refuses to let them marry
(b) that her father has given permission for them to marry
(c) that her father is ill
(d) that her father is waiting at Fort Edward
6. What gifts has Magua brought?
(a) trinkets stolen from the dead bodies of women and children
(b) a large, slaughtered buffalo
(c) rifles taken from dead soldiers
(d) a chest of fabrics found at Ft. Henry
7. How is Hawkeye dressed as they escape?
(a) as a medicine man
(b) still as a bear
(c) in a Huron robe
(d) in David's clothes
8. What is the symbolism of the attack on the red painted tree?
(a) the elevation of a new chief
(b) a declaration of war
(c) a period of celebration
(d) the beginning of summer
9. How is Cora prepared for burial?
(a) in a leather Delaware squaw dress
(b) in fine robes and flowers over her body
(c) in a silk dress taken from Ft Henry
(d) wrapped in a white sheet
10. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
(a) a young Oneida
(b) a young Huron boy
(c) Reed that Bends
11. Who is the man Heywood sees approaching the Huron camp?
(a) a French deserter
(b) another Oneida
(c) Le Renard
(d) the bedraggled singer, David Gamut
12. Who is the large warrior who shows up?
13. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
14. What startles David in the hut?
(a) when the bear speaks
(b) when the hut catches fire
(c) when Uncas is thrown in
(d) when Reed that Bends is thrown in
15. What does Cora tell Chief Tamenund to stop Magua from leaving with Alice?
(a) about the other captive kept from him
(b) about Magua's warp plans against the Delaware
(c) about the treasure at Ft Henry
(d) about Magua's cruelty
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heywood smuggle Alice out of the cave?
2. What does the chief say about Reed that Bends?
3. What do they suspect about the Oneida?
4. Why is one of the Huron killed in the camp?
5. Which main characters do not survive the battle?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)