|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David report?
(a) that the girls are both sick
(b) that the Huron quarrel over the girls
(c) that the girls are tied to a tree
(d) that the girls are unspoiled
2. When Heywood hears something, who does he turn to?
(a) He asks Hawkeye to check.
(b) He asks a private to check.
(c) He asks Uncas to check.
(d) He asks Chingachgook to check.
3. Who does Magua say is responsible for tying him up?
(a) Le Longue Carabine
4. After Magua enters, what do Hawkeye and Heyward do with him?
(a) throw him down a canyon
(b) knock him out
(c) tie and gag him
(d) cut his throat
5. What resistance does Cora put up?
(a) She grabs a knife and tries to kill a Huron.
(b) Near a cliff, she refuses to go farther.
(c) Near the river, she jumps in.
(d) She threatens to jump off the cliff.
6. What might have kept a Huron around after his tribe departed?
(b) a serious wound
7. What does Cora tell Chief Tamenund to stop Magua from leaving with Alice?
(a) about the treasure at Ft Henry
(b) about Magua's cruelty
(c) about the other captive kept from him
(d) about Magua's warp plans against the Delaware
8. What happens to the boy sent to collect rifles?
(a) He escapes any danger.
(b) He is shot in the arm.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is given a hero's welcome.
9. What gifts has Magua brought?
(a) trinkets stolen from the dead bodies of women and children
(b) a large, slaughtered buffalo
(c) rifles taken from dead soldiers
(d) a chest of fabrics found at Ft. Henry
10. Who sings over the grave of Cora?
11. Who does Magua say is in the Delaware camp?
(a) Le Longue Carabine
12. How do they determine which--Heywood or Hawkeye--is Le Longe Carabine?
(a) making Alice identify them
(b) a challenge by Magua
(c) a shooting contest
(d) arm wrestling
13. What gave the Huron the idea that David is insane?
(a) his funny walk
(b) his song during the killing
(c) his dancing during the killing
(d) his playing the harmonica
14. Who meets Heywood and David just outside the Huron village?
(b) the Huron women
(c) a war party
(d) Le Renard
15. What weapon does David insist he can use?
(a) a spear
(b) a knife
(c) a pistol
(d) a sling
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the work of the men so dangerous?
2. Why is one of the Huron killed in the camp?
3. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
4. Where does Uncas locate a sign of the group they are pursuing?
5. Where does Hawkeye find Alice?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)