|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the Huron warriors angry?
(a) Cora has replaced Uncas.
(b) Alice is gone from the lodge.
(c) They cannot find David.
(d) They discover Uncas' escape.
2. Who does Magua say is responsible for tying him up?
(d) Le Longue Carabine
3. Which main characters do not survive the battle?
(a) Alice and Heyward
(b) Cora and Uncas
(c) Chingachgook and Hawkeye
(d) Hawkeye and Uncas
4. When Uncas reappears, how does his face look?
(a) painted solid white
(b) painted red
(c) painted half-black
(d) painted yellow
5. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
6. What does Cora tell Chief Tamenund to stop Magua from leaving with Alice?
(a) about the other captive kept from him
(b) about the treasure at Ft Henry
(c) about Magua's warp plans against the Delaware
(d) about Magua's cruelty
7. What gifts has Magua brought?
(a) a large, slaughtered buffalo
(b) rifles taken from dead soldiers
(c) a chest of fabrics found at Ft. Henry
(d) trinkets stolen from the dead bodies of women and children
8. What does Chingachgook declare after Uncas is buried?
(a) that everything will be all right
(b) that the time has come
(c) that he is alone
(d) that the light has gone out
9. What is the Delaware chief's response when Magua offers to take Cora off his hands?
(a) He asks for a high price.
(b) He says that Cora is welcome.
(c) He laughs and says no.
(d) He pretends he does not understand.
10. Who sings over the grave of Cora?
11. Where does Hawkeye find Alice?
(a) in a grjoup of Huron women
(b) in a cavern surrounded by plunder
(c) tied to a tree
(d) hiding under a bear skin
12. What do they suspect about the Oneida?
(a) that he was a member of a small gang
(b) that he knew where the Iroquois had gone
(c) that he was a French scout
(d) that the tribe will follow
13. Who is brought into the circle with Cora?
(a) Magua, Hawkeye, and Chingachgook
(b) Col. Munro, Alice, and David
(c) Alice, Heyward, and Hawkeye
(d) David, Uncas, and Chingachgook
14. Who does the bear turn out to be?
15. How does Heywood speak to the Huron chief?
(a) in Russian
(b) in French
(c) in German
(d) in Huron
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chief say about Reed that Bends?
2. What is Heywood left alone with in the cave?
3. How does Uncas disguise himself to escape?
4. What dashes their hopes of finding Magua and the girls?
5. Who shows up at the Delaware camp with open arms?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)