|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is brought into the circle with Cora?
(a) Col. Munro, Alice, and David
(b) David, Uncas, and Chingachgook
(c) Magua, Hawkeye, and Chingachgook
(d) Alice, Heyward, and Hawkeye
2. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
3. Where is Cora while the war plans proceed?
(a) tied to a tree
(b) riding behind Magua
(c) in a cave guarded by Huron
(d) back in the Huron village
4. Who shows up at the Delaware camp with open arms?
(c) Gen. Montcalm
5. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
(a) a young Oneida
(b) a young Huron boy
(d) Reed that Bends
6. What do they suspect about the Oneida?
(a) that he knew where the Iroquois had gone
(b) that he was a member of a small gang
(c) that the tribe will follow
(d) that he was a French scout
7. Who do the young men bring to the Delaware camp meeting?
(a) captured soldiers
(b) the three strangers
(c) their wives
(d) captured Hurons
8. What gifts has Magua brought?
(a) trinkets stolen from the dead bodies of women and children
(b) a large, slaughtered buffalo
(c) a chest of fabrics found at Ft. Henry
(d) rifles taken from dead soldiers
9. What happens to the boy sent to collect rifles?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He escapes any danger.
(c) He is given a hero's welcome.
(d) He is shot in the arm.
10. Which main characters do not survive the battle?
(a) Chingachgook and Hawkeye
(b) Alice and Heyward
(c) Cora and Uncas
(d) Hawkeye and Uncas
11. Where is Alice Munro?
(a) with the Huron women about two miles away
(b) tied to one of the braves
(c) in the chief's teepee
(d) alone in the forest
12. Where is Cora?
(a) with another tribe two miles away
(b) tied to a tree near the camp
(c) cooking for the Huron warriors
(d) with another war party going back to the village
13. What gave the Huron the idea that David is insane?
(a) his dancing during the killing
(b) his funny walk
(c) his playing the harmonica
(d) his song during the killing
14. Why do some of the Huron men creep into the lodge?
(a) to see the bewitched Uncas
(b) to get warm by the fire
(c) to look for Alice
(d) to hide from the chief
15. How do the men leave the fort the next morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chingachgook say over the body of his son?
2. What does Cora tell Chief Tamenund to stop Magua from leaving with Alice?
3. What does David report?
4. Who wins the contest?
5. After Magua enters, what do Hawkeye and Heyward do with him?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)