|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cora while the war plans proceed?
(a) tied to a tree
(b) riding behind Magua
(c) back in the Huron village
(d) in a cave guarded by Huron
2. What is Heywood's plan?
(a) to be painted black and go into the village at night
(b) to be painted blue and pretend to be ill
(c) to be painted as a Huron and go into the village
(d) to be painted as a clown and go to the village as a juggler
3. What do they suspect about the Oneida?
(a) that he knew where the Iroquois had gone
(b) that he was a French scout
(c) that he was a member of a small gang
(d) that the tribe will follow
4. What do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook do to confuse those following them?
(a) pretend to build a camp
(b) put down a false trail
(c) set fire to their canoes
(d) split up and leave three trails
5. What slows their progress in tracking the Indians?
(a) Munro becomes hysterical
(b) Heyward suffers from the heat
(c) a few false leads
(d) a river crossing
6. Who will go to rescue Cora during the battle?
(a) Uncas and his men
(b) Hawkeye and his men
(c) Heyward and his men
(d) David and his men
7. What resistance does Cora put up?
(a) She threatens to jump off the cliff.
(b) Near a cliff, she refuses to go farther.
(c) She grabs a knife and tries to kill a Huron.
(d) Near the river, she jumps in.
8. Where do the men spend the night?
(a) on the trail of the Iroquois
(b) back at the cave
(c) in the ruin of Fort Henry
(d) in the French camp
9. How does Heywood explain his paint?
(a) He says he wears what his brothers give him.
(b) He says he likes the colors.
(c) He says he cannot get it off.
(d) He says the Oneida painted him.
10. What does Magua use to persuade the chief?
(a) his gifts
(b) his challenge
(c) his powers of oratory
(d) his strength
11. What stops the Delaware from torturing Uncas?
(a) his quick wits
(b) his challenge to Magua
(c) his turtle tattoo
(d) his superior strength
12. How does Uncas disguise himself to escape?
(a) by wearing a dress
(b) by putting on the bear suit
(c) by changing clothes with Hawkeye
(d) by painting his face
13. At first, what does Tamenund do?
(a) calls Magua to tesitfy against Uncas
(b) demands that Uncas identify himself
(c) turns his back on Uncas
(d) condemns Uncas to be tortured and killed
14. Who is the large warrior who shows up?
15. What does David report?
(a) that the girls are unspoiled
(b) that the girls are tied to a tree
(c) that the girls are both sick
(d) that the Huron quarrel over the girls
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Delaware chief's response when Magua offers to take Cora off his hands?
2. Where does Hawkeye find Alice?
3. Where is Cora?
4. Where does Uncas locate a sign of the group they are pursuing?
5. What keeps the young man safe in the village even though he is a captive.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)