|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
(a) to preten to be going fishing
(b) to leave no trail
(c) to watch for Oneida
(d) to listen for the French
2. Why do some of the Huron men creep into the lodge?
(a) to get warm by the fire
(b) to see the bewitched Uncas
(c) to hide from the chief
(d) to look for Alice
3. What does David report?
(a) that the Huron quarrel over the girls
(b) that the girls are tied to a tree
(c) that the girls are unspoiled
(d) that the girls are both sick
4. When Uncas reappears, how does his face look?
(a) painted half-black
(b) painted red
(c) painted solid white
(d) painted yellow
5. Where do the men spend the night?
(a) in the ruin of Fort Henry
(b) in the French camp
(c) back at the cave
(d) on the trail of the Iroquois
6. What is Magua really after?
(a) He wants a treaty.
(b) He wants volunteers.
(c) He wants Alice.
(d) He wants Cora.
7. What might have kept a Huron around after his tribe departed?
(a) a serious wound
8. What happens to the boy sent to collect rifles?
(a) He is given a hero's welcome.
(b) He is shot in the arm.
(c) He escapes any danger.
(d) He is killed.
9. Who is the only one of the captives that Magua has a claim on?
10. Who does Magua choose when Hawkeye offers his life for Cora?
11. How does Heywood smuggle Alice out of the cave?
(a) as a blanket-wrapped bundle
(b) as an Indian squaw
(c) in a suitcase
(d) in the bear hide
12. At first, what does Tamenund do?
(a) condemns Uncas to be tortured and killed
(b) demands that Uncas identify himself
(c) calls Magua to tesitfy against Uncas
(d) turns his back on Uncas
13. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
(a) eat him
(b) carry him away
(c) to take the courage of the prisoner
(d) mark him for life
14. Who is the man Heywood sees approaching the Huron camp?
(a) the bedraggled singer, David Gamut
(b) another Oneida
(c) Le Renard
(d) a French deserter
15. How is Chingachgook disguised?
(a) as a tree
(b) as a wolf
(c) as another bear
(d) as a large otter
Short Answer Questions
1. What slows their progress in tracking the Indians?
2. What gave the Huron the idea that David is insane?
3. What is Heyward hoping for as he wanders around the Huron village?
4. What do they suspect about the Oneida?
5. What is Heywood left alone with in the cave?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)