|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will go to rescue Cora during the battle?
(a) Hawkeye and his men
(b) David and his men
(c) Uncas and his men
(d) Heyward and his men
2. What does Cora tell Chief Tamenund to stop Magua from leaving with Alice?
(a) about Magua's cruelty
(b) about the other captive kept from him
(c) about the treasure at Ft Henry
(d) about Magua's warp plans against the Delaware
3. Who shows up at the Delaware camp with open arms?
(a) Gen. Montcalm
4. Where is Cora while the war plans proceed?
(a) riding behind Magua
(b) back in the Huron village
(c) tied to a tree
(d) in a cave guarded by Huron
5. What is Heywood's plan?
(a) to be painted as a Huron and go into the village
(b) to be painted as a clown and go to the village as a juggler
(c) to be painted black and go into the village at night
(d) to be painted blue and pretend to be ill
6. Who is the large warrior who shows up?
7. What makes the Huron warriors angry?
(a) They discover Uncas' escape.
(b) They cannot find David.
(c) Cora has replaced Uncas.
(d) Alice is gone from the lodge.
8. What keeps the young man safe in the village even though he is a captive.
(a) He is tied to one of the warriors.
(b) He gives his word he will not leave.
(c) He challenges all takers to fight.
(d) He holds onto a painted pole.
9. Who meets Heywood and David just outside the Huron village?
(a) a war party
(c) Le Renard
(d) the Huron women
10. Why is one of the Huron killed in the camp?
(a) He killed another Huron.
(b) He tried to steal Alice.
(c) He is mortally wounded.
(d) He showed cowardice in battle.
11. What is the symbolism of the attack on the red painted tree?
(a) a declaration of war
(b) the beginning of summer
(c) the elevation of a new chief
(d) a period of celebration
12. What does the Huron chief want Heyward to do about an evil spirit in a tribal woman?
(a) to learn its name
(b) to make it enter Uncas
(c) to teach it how to dance
(d) to frighten it away
13. Who do the young men bring to the Delaware camp meeting?
(a) the three strangers
(b) their wives
(c) captured soldiers
(d) captured Hurons
14. What makes the work of the men so dangerous?
(a) Indian scouts
(b) foes in front and foes at the rear
(c) a change in the weather
(d) Heyward and Munro
15. What does Heywood tell Alice?
(a) that her father has given permission for them to marry
(b) that her father is waiting at Fort Edward
(c) that her father refuses to let them marry
(d) that her father is ill
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice does Magua give Cora?
2. How do Uncas and Chingachgook behave after the threat is gone?
3. What is the Delaware chief's response when Magua offers to take Cora off his hands?
4. What startles David in the hut?
5. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)