|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cora?
(a) with another war party going back to the village
(b) tied to a tree near the camp
(c) cooking for the Huron warriors
(d) with another tribe two miles away
2. What is the rumor Tamenund refers to?
(a) that two Mohicans were still alive
(b) that a white man will become chief of the Mohicans
(c) that the Mohicans will rise again
(d) that the Iroquois are killing Delaware people
3. Who is the man Heywood sees approaching the Huron camp?
(a) a French deserter
(b) another Oneida
(c) Le Renard
(d) the bedraggled singer, David Gamut
4. What is Heywood's plan?
(a) to be painted black and go into the village at night
(b) to be painted as a Huron and go into the village
(c) to be painted blue and pretend to be ill
(d) to be painted as a clown and go to the village as a juggler
5. What keeps the young man safe in the village even though he is a captive.
(a) He holds onto a painted pole.
(b) He is tied to one of the warriors.
(c) He gives his word he will not leave.
(d) He challenges all takers to fight.
6. What choice does Magua give Cora?
(a) a knife in the heart or being tossed off the cliff
(b) his wigwam or his knife
(c) being scalped dead or alive
(d) the life of Alice if she agrees to marry him
7. Where does Uncas locate a sign of the group they are pursuing?
(a) under an overhang
(b) beside a deer trail
(c) near a brook
(d) in a thicket
8. How does Heywood explain his paint?
(a) He says he wears what his brothers give him.
(b) He says he cannot get it off.
(c) He says the Oneida painted him.
(d) He says he likes the colors.
9. What example does Chingachgook set for Heyward?
(a) hiding in the shadows
(b) not showing that he is aware of danger
(c) falling asleep
(d) keeping his arms at the ready
10. Why is one of the Huron killed in the camp?
(a) He showed cowardice in battle.
(b) He is mortally wounded.
(c) He tried to steal Alice.
(d) He killed another Huron.
11. Where does Hawkeye find Alice?
(a) in a cavern surrounded by plunder
(b) hiding under a bear skin
(c) in a grjoup of Huron women
(d) tied to a tree
12. How do they know their passage across the lake is discovered?
(a) the sound of drums
(b) a white flag flying
(c) a clamor of whooping on an island
(d) a bullet fired and a shrill yell
13. How does Uncas disguise himself to escape?
(a) by putting on the bear suit
(b) by painting his face
(c) by wearing a dress
(d) by changing clothes with Hawkeye
14. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
(a) to leave no trail
(b) to listen for the French
(c) to preten to be going fishing
(d) to watch for Oneida
15. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
(a) a young Huron boy
(b) Reed that Bends
(c) a young Oneida
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they find when they look for the sick woman in the cave?
2. Who is the large warrior who shows up?
3. Where do the men spend the night?
4. What does Chingachgook declare after Uncas is buried?
5. What startles David in the hut?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)