|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the intruder?
(a) another Mohican
(b) a Delaware
(c) an Iroquois
(d) an Oneida
2. What does the chief say about Reed that Bends?
(a) He has gone to scout out the enemy.
(b) He has run away.
(c) He who was called by that name is forgotten.
(d) He is too young to hunt.
3. What might have kept a Huron around after his tribe departed?
(d) a serious wound
4. Who does the bear turn out to be?
5. What does the Huron chief want Heyward to do about an evil spirit in a tribal woman?
(a) to frighten it away
(b) to teach it how to dance
(c) to learn its name
(d) to make it enter Uncas
6. Where does Hawkeye find Alice?
(a) hiding under a bear skin
(b) tied to a tree
(c) in a grjoup of Huron women
(d) in a cavern surrounded by plunder
7. What does Chingachgook declare after Uncas is buried?
(a) that everything will be all right
(b) that the time has come
(c) that he is alone
(d) that the light has gone out
8. Who plans to join the war party?
(a) Heyward and Hawkeye
(b) Heyward and David
(c) Alice and Hawkeye
(d) David and Chingachgook
9. Where do the Huron think Alice, Heyward, and Hawkeye are?
(a) off looking for Cora
(b) the Delaware camp
(c) out on the lake
(d) back at the fort
10. What startles David in the hut?
(a) when Uncas is thrown in
(b) when the hut catches fire
(c) when Reed that Bends is thrown in
(d) when the bear speaks
11. Who does Magua say is responsible for tying him up?
(d) Le Longue Carabine
12. After Magua enters, what do Hawkeye and Heyward do with him?
(a) throw him down a canyon
(b) cut his throat
(c) knock him out
(d) tie and gag him
13. How do they determine which--Heywood or Hawkeye--is Le Longe Carabine?
(a) a challenge by Magua
(b) making Alice identify them
(c) a shooting contest
(d) arm wrestling
14. How does Heywood speak to the Huron chief?
(a) in French
(b) in Russian
(c) in German
(d) in Huron
15. How do the men leave the fort the next morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chingachgook say over the body of his son?
2. How is Cora prepared for burial?
3. Who does Magua say is in the Delaware camp?
4. How do they know their passage across the lake is discovered?
5. What example does Chingachgook set for Heyward?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)