|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Uncas locate a sign of the group they are pursuing?
(a) under an overhang
(b) near a brook
(c) in a thicket
(d) beside a deer trail
2. What does Heywood tell Alice?
(a) that her father is ill
(b) that her father refuses to let them marry
(c) that her father has given permission for them to marry
(d) that her father is waiting at Fort Edward
3. Who wins the contest?
4. What does the Huron chief want Heyward to do about an evil spirit in a tribal woman?
(a) to learn its name
(b) to frighten it away
(c) to make it enter Uncas
(d) to teach it how to dance
5. What slows their progress in tracking the Indians?
(a) Munro becomes hysterical
(b) a few false leads
(c) Heyward suffers from the heat
(d) a river crossing
6. How is Hawkeye dressed as they escape?
(a) still as a bear
(b) in David's clothes
(c) in a Huron robe
(d) as a medicine man
7. Who shows up at the Delaware camp with open arms?
(a) Gen. Montcalm
8. Where do the Huron think Alice, Heyward, and Hawkeye are?
(a) back at the fort
(b) out on the lake
(c) off looking for Cora
(d) the Delaware camp
9. Where is Cora while the war plans proceed?
(a) back in the Huron village
(b) tied to a tree
(c) in a cave guarded by Huron
(d) riding behind Magua
10. Where do they discover the footprints of women?
(a) deep in the worst thicket
(b) in a concealed trail
(c) near a stream where they drank
(d) in one small clearing
11. How does Heywood smuggle Alice out of the cave?
(a) in a suitcase
(b) in the bear hide
(c) as an Indian squaw
(d) as a blanket-wrapped bundle
12. What is the symbolism of the attack on the red painted tree?
(a) a declaration of war
(b) a period of celebration
(c) the beginning of summer
(d) the elevation of a new chief
13. What might have kept a Huron around after his tribe departed?
(d) a serious wound
14. How does Heywood explain his paint?
(a) He says he likes the colors.
(b) He says he cannot get it off.
(c) He says he wears what his brothers give him.
(d) He says the Oneida painted him.
15. What weapon does David insist he can use?
(a) a sling
(b) a pistol
(c) a spear
(d) a knife
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave the Huron the idea that David is insane?
2. How is Chingachgook disguised?
3. What gifts has Magua brought?
4. After Magua enters, what do Hawkeye and Heyward do with him?
5. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)