|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the chief say about Reed that Bends?
(a) He has gone to scout out the enemy.
(b) He is too young to hunt.
(c) He has run away.
(d) He who was called by that name is forgotten.
2. What stops the Delaware from torturing Uncas?
(a) his quick wits
(b) his turtle tattoo
(c) his superior strength
(d) his challenge to Magua
3. What makes the work of the men so dangerous?
(a) Indian scouts
(b) foes in front and foes at the rear
(c) a change in the weather
(d) Heyward and Munro
4. What slows their progress in tracking the Indians?
(a) a river crossing
(b) a few false leads
(c) Munro becomes hysterical
(d) Heyward suffers from the heat
5. How does Heywood speak to the Huron chief?
(a) in French
(b) in German
(c) in Russian
(d) in Huron
6. How is the reunion meeting between Uncas and Chingachgook?
7. Where do they discover the footprints of women?
(a) in one small clearing
(b) deep in the worst thicket
(c) near a stream where they drank
(d) in a concealed trail
8. What do they find when they look for the sick woman in the cave?
(a) the bear suit
(b) she still have the evil spirit
(c) her dead body
(d) a note from Hawkeye
9. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
(a) carry him away
(b) to take the courage of the prisoner
(c) eat him
(d) mark him for life
10. Who is the large warrior who shows up?
11. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
(a) a young Huron boy
(c) Reed that Bends
(d) a young Oneida
12. Where is Cora?
(a) tied to a tree near the camp
(b) with another war party going back to the village
(c) cooking for the Huron warriors
(d) with another tribe two miles away
13. How does Heywood smuggle Alice out of the cave?
(a) in the bear hide
(b) as a blanket-wrapped bundle
(c) as an Indian squaw
(d) in a suitcase
14. Who do the young men bring to the Delaware camp meeting?
(a) the three strangers
(b) captured soldiers
(c) their wives
(d) captured Hurons
15. Who will go to rescue Cora during the battle?
(a) Uncas and his men
(b) David and his men
(c) Heyward and his men
(d) Hawkeye and his men
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men leave the fort the next morning?
2. What is Heywood left alone with in the cave?
3. Who sings over the grave of Cora?
4. In the Huron village, what does Uncas tell Heyward?
5. How do Hawkeye and Uncas leave David in the lodge?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)