|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins the contest?
2. What does David report?
(a) that the girls are tied to a tree
(b) that the Huron quarrel over the girls
(c) that the girls are unspoiled
(d) that the girls are both sick
3. What is David's cryptic message to Heywood in the cave?
(a) She is coming tomorrow.
(b) She was here yesterday.
(c) She expects you and is at hand.
(d) She has not been here.
4. What makes the work of the men so dangerous?
(a) a change in the weather
(b) foes in front and foes at the rear
(c) Heyward and Munro
(d) Indian scouts
5. Who plans to join the war party?
(a) Heyward and Hawkeye
(b) David and Chingachgook
(c) Heyward and David
(d) Alice and Hawkeye
6. How do Hawkeye and Uncas leave David in the lodge?
(a) tied up naked in the shadows
(b) knocked out in the shadown
(c) tied to a log in the shadows
(d) in the shadows dressed as Uncas
7. What weapon does David insist he can use?
(a) a spear
(b) a sling
(c) a knife
(d) a pistol
8. Who meets Heywood and David just outside the Huron village?
(b) Le Renard
(c) a war party
(d) the Huron women
9. How is Cora prepared for burial?
(a) in a silk dress taken from Ft Henry
(b) in fine robes and flowers over her body
(c) wrapped in a white sheet
(d) in a leather Delaware squaw dress
10. What makes the Huron warriors angry?
(a) Cora has replaced Uncas.
(b) Alice is gone from the lodge.
(c) They cannot find David.
(d) They discover Uncas' escape.
11. How is the reunion meeting between Uncas and Chingachgook?
12. What does Magua use to persuade the chief?
(a) his challenge
(b) his strength
(c) his powers of oratory
(d) his gifts
13. What is the symbolism of the attack on the red painted tree?
(a) the beginning of summer
(b) a declaration of war
(c) the elevation of a new chief
(d) a period of celebration
14. What does the chief say about Reed that Bends?
(a) He is too young to hunt.
(b) He has run away.
(c) He who was called by that name is forgotten.
(d) He has gone to scout out the enemy.
15. Where do they discover the footprints of women?
(a) in a concealed trail
(b) in one small clearing
(c) near a stream where they drank
(d) deep in the worst thicket
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of the Huron killed in the camp?
2. At first, what does Tamenund do?
3. Where do the Huron think Alice, Heyward, and Hawkeye are?
4. Who is brought into the circle with Cora?
5. What does the Huron chief want Heyward to do about an evil spirit in a tribal woman?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)