Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gifts has Magua brought?
(a) rifles taken from dead soldiers
(b) a chest of fabrics found at Ft. Henry
(c) a large, slaughtered buffalo
(d) trinkets stolen from the dead bodies of women and children
2. How do Uncas and Chingachgook behave after the threat is gone?
(a) standing ready for another intruder
(b) warning the others to be quiet
(c) serious and speaking in whispers
(d) playfully talking together
3. Who shows up at the Delaware camp with open arms?
(a) Gen. Montcalm
4. Who does Magua choose when Hawkeye offers his life for Cora?
5. How do they know their passage across the lake is discovered?
(a) a white flag flying
(b) the sound of drums
(c) a bullet fired and a shrill yell
(d) a clamor of whooping on an island
6. What does the Huron chief want Heyward to do about an evil spirit in a tribal woman?
(a) to learn its name
(b) to teach it how to dance
(c) to make it enter Uncas
(d) to frighten it away
7. How do they determine which--Heywood or Hawkeye--is Le Longe Carabine?
(a) a challenge by Magua
(b) a shooting contest
(c) arm wrestling
(d) making Alice identify them
8. How is Hawkeye dressed as they escape?
(a) as a medicine man
(b) in a Huron robe
(c) still as a bear
(d) in David's clothes
9. What might have kept a Huron around after his tribe departed?
(c) a serious wound
10. Who is the only one of the captives that Magua has a claim on?
11. How does Heywood explain his paint?
(a) He says he wears what his brothers give him.
(b) He says he likes the colors.
(c) He says the Oneida painted him.
(d) He says he cannot get it off.
12. Where do they discover the footprints of women?
(a) deep in the worst thicket
(b) in a concealed trail
(c) in one small clearing
(d) near a stream where they drank
13. What evidence do they keep finding that tells them they are on the right trail?
(a) the sound of a harmonica up ahead
(b) the silence of the forest creatures
(c) bits of Alice's and Cora's dresses
(d) the mark of the horses
14. Where is Cora while the war plans proceed?
(a) back in the Huron village
(b) in a cave guarded by Huron
(c) tied to a tree
(d) riding behind Magua
15. What does Cora tell Chief Tamenund to stop Magua from leaving with Alice?
(a) about the treasure at Ft Henry
(b) about Magua's cruelty
(c) about the other captive kept from him
(d) about Magua's warp plans against the Delaware
Short Answer Questions
1. Chased by Uncas and the white men, where does Magua go?
2. What example does Chingachgook set for Heyward?
3. After Magua enters, what do Hawkeye and Heyward do with him?
4. What does Chingachgook declare after Uncas is buried?
5. Who is the intruder?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)