|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two Huron with Magua start to do?
(a) fight over who gets Cora
(b) throw Cora off the cliff
(c) dump Cora in the river
(d) kill Cora with their tomahawks
2. What evidence do they keep finding that tells them they are on the right trail?
(a) bits of Alice's and Cora's dresses
(b) the mark of the horses
(c) the sound of a harmonica up ahead
(d) the silence of the forest creatures
3. Where is Cora while the war plans proceed?
(a) in a cave guarded by Huron
(b) riding behind Magua
(c) back in the Huron village
(d) tied to a tree
4. Where does Uncas locate a sign of the group they are pursuing?
(a) under an overhang
(b) in a thicket
(c) near a brook
(d) beside a deer trail
5. How is Hawkeye dressed as they escape?
(a) in David's clothes
(b) in a Huron robe
(c) still as a bear
(d) as a medicine man
6. What does David report?
(a) that the girls are tied to a tree
(b) that the girls are unspoiled
(c) that the girls are both sick
(d) that the Huron quarrel over the girls
7. What assurance does Hawkeye give Chingachgook?
(a) that there will be a resurrection
(b) that he will never be alone
(c) that he will get a government pension
(d) that Uncas is in the Happy Hunting Ground
8. How does Heywood speak to the Huron chief?
(a) in Huron
(b) in German
(c) in French
(d) in Russian
9. Who will go to rescue Cora during the battle?
(a) David and his men
(b) Hawkeye and his men
(c) Heyward and his men
(d) Uncas and his men
10. Where do the Huron think Alice, Heyward, and Hawkeye are?
(a) off looking for Cora
(b) back at the fort
(c) out on the lake
(d) the Delaware camp
11. What do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook do to confuse those following them?
(a) put down a false trail
(b) split up and leave three trails
(c) set fire to their canoes
(d) pretend to build a camp
12. What is the symbolism of the attack on the red painted tree?
(a) a declaration of war
(b) the elevation of a new chief
(c) a period of celebration
(d) the beginning of summer
13. Where do they discover the footprints of women?
(a) deep in the worst thicket
(b) near a stream where they drank
(c) in one small clearing
(d) in a concealed trail
14. What is the Delaware chief's response when Magua offers to take Cora off his hands?
(a) He says that Cora is welcome.
(b) He laughs and says no.
(c) He asks for a high price.
(d) He pretends he does not understand.
15. How does Heywood explain his paint?
(a) He says he cannot get it off.
(b) He says the Oneida painted him.
(c) He says he wears what his brothers give him.
(d) He says he likes the colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David's cryptic message to Heywood in the cave?
2. How does Heywood smuggle Alice out of the cave?
3. What resistance does Cora put up?
4. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
5. Where is Cora?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)