|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heywood smuggle Alice out of the cave?
(a) in the bear hide
(b) as a blanket-wrapped bundle
(c) in a suitcase
(d) as an Indian squaw
2. Who is the only one of the captives that Magua has a claim on?
3. Who does the bear turn out to be?
4. What is the symbolism of the attack on the red painted tree?
(a) the elevation of a new chief
(b) a period of celebration
(c) a declaration of war
(d) the beginning of summer
5. In the Huron village, what does Uncas tell Heyward?
(a) to throw things at him
(b) to act crazy
(c) to pretend not to know him
(d) to run for help
6. At first, what does Tamenund do?
(a) calls Magua to tesitfy against Uncas
(b) demands that Uncas identify himself
(c) turns his back on Uncas
(d) condemns Uncas to be tortured and killed
7. Why is one of the Huron killed in the camp?
(a) He killed another Huron.
(b) He is mortally wounded.
(c) He tried to steal Alice.
(d) He showed cowardice in battle.
8. When Heywood hears something, who does he turn to?
(a) He asks Uncas to check.
(b) He asks Chingachgook to check.
(c) He asks a private to check.
(d) He asks Hawkeye to check.
9. What weapon does David insist he can use?
(a) a sling
(b) a knife
(c) a pistol
(d) a spear
10. What might have kept a Huron around after his tribe departed?
(c) a serious wound
11. What does Cora tell Chief Tamenund to stop Magua from leaving with Alice?
(a) about the treasure at Ft Henry
(b) about the other captive kept from him
(c) about Magua's cruelty
(d) about Magua's warp plans against the Delaware
12. What is Heywood left alone with in the cave?
(a) a basket of snakes
(b) a bear
(c) a mountain lion cub
(d) Alice's hair ribbon
13. What is the rumor Tamenund refers to?
(a) that two Mohicans were still alive
(b) that the Iroquois are killing Delaware people
(c) that a white man will become chief of the Mohicans
(d) that the Mohicans will rise again
14. Which main characters do not survive the battle?
(a) Cora and Uncas
(b) Chingachgook and Hawkeye
(c) Hawkeye and Uncas
(d) Alice and Heyward
15. Where is Alice Munro?
(a) in the chief's teepee
(b) alone in the forest
(c) with the Huron women about two miles away
(d) tied to one of the braves
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heywood speak to the Huron chief?
2. What makes the work of the men so dangerous?
3. What startles David in the hut?
4. Who is brought into the circle with Cora?
5. What do they find when they look for the sick woman in the cave?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)