|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man Heywood sees approaching the Huron camp?
(a) Le Renard
(b) a French deserter
(c) another Oneida
(d) the bedraggled singer, David Gamut
2. Who does the bear turn out to be?
3. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
4. Who plans to join the war party?
(a) Heyward and David
(b) David and Chingachgook
(c) Alice and Hawkeye
(d) Heyward and Hawkeye
5. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
(a) mark him for life
(b) eat him
(c) carry him away
(d) to take the courage of the prisoner
6. Who is the intruder?
(a) a Delaware
(b) another Mohican
(c) an Iroquois
(d) an Oneida
7. How do they determine which--Heywood or Hawkeye--is Le Longe Carabine?
(a) a shooting contest
(b) a challenge by Magua
(c) making Alice identify them
(d) arm wrestling
8. What is the rumor Tamenund refers to?
(a) that a white man will become chief of the Mohicans
(b) that two Mohicans were still alive
(c) that the Iroquois are killing Delaware people
(d) that the Mohicans will rise again
9. Which main characters do not survive the battle?
(a) Cora and Uncas
(b) Hawkeye and Uncas
(c) Chingachgook and Hawkeye
(d) Alice and Heyward
10. What do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook do to confuse those following them?
(a) pretend to build a camp
(b) split up and leave three trails
(c) set fire to their canoes
(d) put down a false trail
11. How is Chingachgook disguised?
(a) as another bear
(b) as a tree
(c) as a large otter
(d) as a wolf
12. When Uncas reappears, how does his face look?
(a) painted solid white
(b) painted half-black
(c) painted red
(d) painted yellow
13. How does Uncas disguise himself to escape?
(a) by putting on the bear suit
(b) by wearing a dress
(c) by changing clothes with Hawkeye
(d) by painting his face
14. After Magua enters, what do Hawkeye and Heyward do with him?
(a) knock him out
(b) throw him down a canyon
(c) tie and gag him
(d) cut his throat
15. What gifts has Magua brought?
(a) a large, slaughtered buffalo
(b) rifles taken from dead soldiers
(c) trinkets stolen from the dead bodies of women and children
(d) a chest of fabrics found at Ft. Henry
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men spend the night?
2. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
3. What gave the Huron the idea that David is insane?
4. How is Hawkeye dressed as they escape?
5. Who shows up at the Delaware camp with open arms?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)