|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Magua really after?
(a) He wants volunteers.
(b) He wants Cora.
(c) He wants a treaty.
(d) He wants Alice.
2. What do they suspect about the Oneida?
(a) that he was a member of a small gang
(b) that the tribe will follow
(c) that he was a French scout
(d) that he knew where the Iroquois had gone
3. Who meets Heywood and David just outside the Huron village?
(a) the Huron women
(b) a war party
(d) Le Renard
4. What makes the Huron warriors angry?
(a) They discover Uncas' escape.
(b) Alice is gone from the lodge.
(c) They cannot find David.
(d) Cora has replaced Uncas.
5. Who does Magua say is responsible for tying him up?
(d) Le Longue Carabine
6. Who does Magua say is in the Delaware camp?
(a) Le Longue Carabine
7. What choice does Magua give Cora?
(a) being scalped dead or alive
(b) a knife in the heart or being tossed off the cliff
(c) the life of Alice if she agrees to marry him
(d) his wigwam or his knife
8. What makes the work of the men so dangerous?
(a) a change in the weather
(b) Heyward and Munro
(c) foes in front and foes at the rear
(d) Indian scouts
9. What resistance does Cora put up?
(a) She threatens to jump off the cliff.
(b) Near the river, she jumps in.
(c) Near a cliff, she refuses to go farther.
(d) She grabs a knife and tries to kill a Huron.
10. How do Hawkeye and Uncas leave David in the lodge?
(a) tied up naked in the shadows
(b) knocked out in the shadown
(c) tied to a log in the shadows
(d) in the shadows dressed as Uncas
11. What is Heywood's plan?
(a) to be painted as a Huron and go into the village
(b) to be painted blue and pretend to be ill
(c) to be painted as a clown and go to the village as a juggler
(d) to be painted black and go into the village at night
12. How do the men leave the fort the next morning?
13. Chased by Uncas and the white men, where does Magua go?
(a) to the river
(b) to the cave where Cora is
(c) to the Huron village
(d) to the Delaware camp
14. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
(b) Reed that Bends
(c) a young Oneida
(d) a young Huron boy
15. Where do they discover the footprints of women?
(a) near a stream where they drank
(b) deep in the worst thicket
(c) in a concealed trail
(d) in one small clearing
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence do they keep finding that tells them they are on the right trail?
2. Who shows up at the Delaware camp with open arms?
3. What do they find when they look for the sick woman in the cave?
4. Who is the only one of the captives that Magua has a claim on?
5. Who does the bear turn out to be?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)