|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Uncas disguise himself to escape?
(a) by painting his face
(b) by changing clothes with Hawkeye
(c) by wearing a dress
(d) by putting on the bear suit
2. Who plans to join the war party?
(a) David and Chingachgook
(b) Alice and Hawkeye
(c) Heyward and David
(d) Heyward and Hawkeye
3. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
(a) to watch for Oneida
(b) to listen for the French
(c) to preten to be going fishing
(d) to leave no trail
4. Who is the only one of the captives that Magua has a claim on?
5. What does Heywood tell Alice?
(a) that her father refuses to let them marry
(b) that her father has given permission for them to marry
(c) that her father is waiting at Fort Edward
(d) that her father is ill
6. When Heywood hears something, who does he turn to?
(a) He asks a private to check.
(b) He asks Chingachgook to check.
(c) He asks Hawkeye to check.
(d) He asks Uncas to check.
7. Who is the intruder?
(a) an Oneida
(b) an Iroquois
(c) another Mohican
(d) a Delaware
8. What is the symbolism of the attack on the red painted tree?
(a) a declaration of war
(b) a period of celebration
(c) the elevation of a new chief
(d) the beginning of summer
9. What slows their progress in tracking the Indians?
(a) a few false leads
(b) a river crossing
(c) Heyward suffers from the heat
(d) Munro becomes hysterical
10. What do the two Huron with Magua start to do?
(a) dump Cora in the river
(b) kill Cora with their tomahawks
(c) throw Cora off the cliff
(d) fight over who gets Cora
11. How do Uncas and Chingachgook behave after the threat is gone?
(a) serious and speaking in whispers
(b) standing ready for another intruder
(c) warning the others to be quiet
(d) playfully talking together
12. Where do they discover the footprints of women?
(a) near a stream where they drank
(b) in one small clearing
(c) in a concealed trail
(d) deep in the worst thicket
13. What stops the Delaware from torturing Uncas?
(a) his superior strength
(b) his quick wits
(c) his turtle tattoo
(d) his challenge to Magua
14. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
(b) a young Oneida
(c) a young Huron boy
(d) Reed that Bends
15. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Chingachgook disguised?
2. Who wins the contest?
3. In the Huron village, what does Uncas tell Heyward?
4. What is David's cryptic message to Heywood in the cave?
5. Who sings over the grave of Cora?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)