|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cora while the war plans proceed?
(a) in a cave guarded by Huron
(b) back in the Huron village
(c) tied to a tree
(d) riding behind Magua
2. Which main characters do not survive the battle?
(a) Chingachgook and Hawkeye
(b) Cora and Uncas
(c) Alice and Heyward
(d) Hawkeye and Uncas
3. When Heywood hears something, who does he turn to?
(a) He asks Chingachgook to check.
(b) He asks Uncas to check.
(c) He asks Hawkeye to check.
(d) He asks a private to check.
4. Who is the man Heywood sees approaching the Huron camp?
(a) another Oneida
(b) a French deserter
(c) the bedraggled singer, David Gamut
(d) Le Renard
5. Who does Hawkeye confess to killing?
(a) many Iroquois but no Delaware
(b) many white men but no Indians
(c) many Delaware but no Mohicans
(d) many buffalo but no people
6. After Magua enters, what do Hawkeye and Heyward do with him?
(a) throw him down a canyon
(b) cut his throat
(c) knock him out
(d) tie and gag him
7. Who is the intruder?
(a) a Delaware
(b) an Iroquois
(c) another Mohican
(d) an Oneida
8. Who is the only one of the captives that Magua has a claim on?
9. Where do they discover the footprints of women?
(a) near a stream where they drank
(b) in one small clearing
(c) deep in the worst thicket
(d) in a concealed trail
10. Who meets Heywood and David just outside the Huron village?
(a) a war party
(c) Le Renard
(d) the Huron women
11. What makes the work of the men so dangerous?
(a) foes in front and foes at the rear
(b) Heyward and Munro
(c) Indian scouts
(d) a change in the weather
12. What is Heywood left alone with in the cave?
(a) a bear
(b) a mountain lion cub
(c) a basket of snakes
(d) Alice's hair ribbon
13. How is Cora prepared for burial?
(a) in a leather Delaware squaw dress
(b) wrapped in a white sheet
(c) in a silk dress taken from Ft Henry
(d) in fine robes and flowers over her body
14. Where do the Huron think Alice, Heyward, and Hawkeye are?
(a) the Delaware camp
(b) back at the fort
(c) off looking for Cora
(d) out on the lake
15. Who does the bear turn out to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Alice Munro?
2. Where do the men spend the night?
3. Who sings over the grave of Cora?
4. What do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook do to confuse those following them?
5. What is the Delaware chief's response when Magua offers to take Cora off his hands?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)