|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some of the Huron men creep into the lodge?
(a) to hide from the chief
(b) to see the bewitched Uncas
(c) to get warm by the fire
(d) to look for Alice
2. What is Magua really after?
(a) He wants a treaty.
(b) He wants Cora.
(c) He wants volunteers.
(d) He wants Alice.
3. What does the chief say about Reed that Bends?
(a) He is too young to hunt.
(b) He has run away.
(c) He has gone to scout out the enemy.
(d) He who was called by that name is forgotten.
4. What does Chingachgook say over the body of his son?
(a) that the Great spirit is unfair
(b) that he will revenge Uncas' death
(c) the he will kill himself to join his son
(d) that he is now the last Mohican
5. What keeps the young man safe in the village even though he is a captive.
(a) He gives his word he will not leave.
(b) He holds onto a painted pole.
(c) He is tied to one of the warriors.
(d) He challenges all takers to fight.
6. At first, what does Tamenund do?
(a) condemns Uncas to be tortured and killed
(b) demands that Uncas identify himself
(c) calls Magua to tesitfy against Uncas
(d) turns his back on Uncas
7. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
(a) a young Oneida
(b) Reed that Bends
(d) a young Huron boy
8. What weapon does David insist he can use?
(a) a spear
(b) a sling
(c) a pistol
(d) a knife
9. How do Uncas and Chingachgook behave after the threat is gone?
(a) serious and speaking in whispers
(b) warning the others to be quiet
(c) playfully talking together
(d) standing ready for another intruder
10. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
(a) to watch for Oneida
(b) to listen for the French
(c) to preten to be going fishing
(d) to leave no trail
11. Who is the only one of the captives that Magua has a claim on?
12. What do the two Huron with Magua start to do?
(a) fight over who gets Cora
(b) dump Cora in the river
(c) throw Cora off the cliff
(d) kill Cora with their tomahawks
13. What stops the Delaware from torturing Uncas?
(a) his quick wits
(b) his challenge to Magua
(c) his turtle tattoo
(d) his superior strength
14. What startles David in the hut?
(a) when Reed that Bends is thrown in
(b) when the bear speaks
(c) when the hut catches fire
(d) when Uncas is thrown in
15. How do they know their passage across the lake is discovered?
(a) a clamor of whooping on an island
(b) a white flag flying
(c) a bullet fired and a shrill yell
(d) the sound of drums
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the large warrior who shows up?
2. Who will go to rescue Cora during the battle?
3. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
4. In the Huron village, what does Uncas tell Heyward?
5. Who does Magua say is in the Delaware camp?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)