Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the time and events during which the story begins.
2. Explain how David Gamut is allowed to accompany Heyward, Alice, and Cora on the trip to Ft. Henry.
3. Relate how Chingachgook explains why the Mohicans were finally unable to beat back the Iroquois.
4. How do Heyward, Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook attempt to capture Magua after they learn that he has betrayed Heyward and the girls?
5. Explain why Hawkeye and Chingachgook dissuade Heyward from going after the wounded Magua.
6. Outline what Heyward tells Cora and Alice about their father while they hide in the cave behind the waterfall.
7. Discuss briefly the noise that is heard outside the cave.
8. Tell what happens when the hiding place is spotted by the Iroquois.
9. What are some of the problems the group faces as they battle the Iroquois?
10. What does Cora manage to convince the men to do?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)