Short Answer Key
Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Who is at war as the novel begins?
The English and French
2. How does Cooper describe the setting of the novel?
the bloody area
3. What is the purpose of Fort Henry and Fort Edward?
defense against the invading French
4. Who does Maj. Heyward elect to lead him and the young Munro women to Fort Henry?
an Indian scout
5. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
for making too much noise
6. What do Heywood and his party not realize?
They are being watched.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
1. Who is the man of European stock waiting a few miles westward of Heyward and the Munro girls?
2. Who is the Indian waiting with the European?
3. Who does Uncas say are hiding in the woods?
4. Who comes across the Indian scout and the hunter?
This section contains 2,280 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)