|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Magua want Cora to do after becoming his wife?
(a) bake his bread and tuck him in at night
(b) bear him many daughters to sell
(c) draw his water, hoe his corn, and cook his venison
(d) renounce her father
2. What is one thing Col. Munro says he never thought he would see?
(a) A battle that lasted more than twenty days.
(b) A Frenchman too honest to profit by his advantage.
(c) His daughters getting married.
(d) Indians coming to his rescue.
3. After the men leave, what do Cora and Alice do?
(a) hide in the cave
(b) stand under the waterfall
(c) climb a tree
(d) make dummies dressed in their clothes to appear asleep
4. Leaving the safety of the thicket, what do they hear?
5. Who prevents Cora from being scalped?
Short Answer Questions
1. As what do the hunters identify Heywood's guide?
2. How does Cooper describe the setting of the novel?
3. What is Magua's background?
4. What is happening when they finally near the fort?
5. What explains the difference in the complexions of Cora and Alice?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)