|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Heyward when he tries to defend Alice?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is knocked unconscious.
(c) He is made to take Alice's place.
(d) His hands are bound.
2. What do the Iroquois do in the outer cave?
(a) sit down to wait
(b) take a break to eat
(c) pile more branches over the ones already there
(d) set fire to the tree branches
3. What is the purpose of Fort Henry and Fort Edward?
(a) defense against the invading French
(b) coach stations for British travelers
(c) way stations for British soldiers headed for the front
(d) decoys to fool the advancing French army
4. How does Cooper describe the setting of the novel?
(a) the foothills of the wilderness
(b) the bloody area
(c) the back of beyond
(d) the land that time forgot
5. Who in the group does not sleep in the cave that night?
(a) Gamut, Alice, and Hawkeye
(b) Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas
(c) Heywood, Hawkeye, and Uncas
(d) Alice, Cora, and Heyward
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Huron to leave the area of the blockhouse?
2. What advice does Hawkeye give as they battle the Iroquois?
3. What is happening when they finally near the fort?
4. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
5. Who does Uncas say are hiding in the woods?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)