|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person the Huron immediately suspect killed their comrade?
(a) Duncan Heywood
(b) Le Longue Carribine
2. Who does Maj. Heyward elect to lead him and the young Munro women to Fort Henry?
(a) the psalmist
(c) a British sergeant major
(d) an Indian scout
3. What does one of the Huron threaten to do to Alice?
(a) shoot her
(b) scalp her
(c) cut her face with his knife
(d) throw her into the river
4. What does the strange sound turn out to be?
(a) a goat caught in brambles
(b) a horse in pain or terror
(c) a large owl
(d) an Indian war cry
5. Who spots the four hiding in the back of the cave?
(a) Hawkeye who returns unexpectedly
(b) Magua, also called Renard
(c) Uncas who has doubled back
(d) an Iroquois squaw
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cooper describe the setting of the novel?
2. Leaving the safety of the thicket, what do they hear?
3. What does Heywood demand of Renard?
4. What do they use over the entrance to the back of the cave?
5. What advice does Hawkeye give as they battle the Iroquois?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)