|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cora suggest the men do?
(a) Leave them in the cave and go by river to seek help.
(b) Turn the women over to the Iroquois.
(c) Build a big signal fire.
(d) Wait until dark to slip away.
2. After Magua gets away for a second time, what happens to the dead Hurons?
(a) They are thrown into the river.
(b) They are piled up and burned.
(c) They are chopped into pieces.
(d) They are scalped.
3. What happens to the treacherous guide?
(a) He escapes without injury.
(b) Hawkeye kills him.
(c) Uncas gets him with an arrow.
(d) He is wounded but not caught.
4. What is the purpose of Fort Henry and Fort Edward?
(a) way stations for British soldiers headed for the front
(b) coach stations for British travelers
(c) defense against the invading French
(d) decoys to fool the advancing French army
5. As the group journeys on after the battle with the Hurons, who leads them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat is spotted by Hawkeye near a waterfall?
2. Who immediately join in the fight with the Hurons?
3. How does Magua know the girls' father?
4. How does Cooper describe the setting of the novel?
5. What request does Heyward make of Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)