|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Uncas say are hiding in the woods?
2. What is the purpose of Fort Henry and Fort Edward?
(a) defense against the invading French
(b) coach stations for British travelers
(c) decoys to fool the advancing French army
(d) way stations for British soldiers headed for the front
3. Where do they stop to rest?
(a) a pony express station
(b) a hunter's cabin
(c) a decayed blockhouse
(d) under a giant oak
4. What saves them from the Frenchman who discovers them?
(a) Cora's perfect French
(b) Alice's ragged skirts
(c) Heyward's French accent
(d) Chingashgook's pidgin French
5. What threat is spotted by Hawkeye near a waterfall?
(a) a pack of wolves
(b) Magua with a rifle
(c) five Iroquois
(d) mountain lions
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncas take to ward off wolves?
2. What do they place in front of the covering to the back of the cave?
3. Who is the person the Huron immediately suspect killed their comrade?
4. What advice does Hawkeye give as they battle the Iroquois?
5. Why is Heyward convinced not to pursue Magua?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)