|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cooper describe the setting of the novel?
(a) the back of beyond
(b) the foothills of the wilderness
(c) the bloody area
(d) the land that time forgot
2. Who is the man of European stock waiting a few miles westward of Heyward and the Munro girls?
(a) Lance Corporal Pettigrew
(b) Col. Munro
(c) Prince Henry
3. Who does Uncas say are hiding in the woods?
4. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
(a) ties a gag over his mouth to conceal his groans
(b) knocks him out to keep him quiet
(c) cuts the arrow out of his leg
(d) moves him to the back of the cave
5. What happens to the treacherous guide?
(a) He is wounded but not caught.
(b) Uncas gets him with an arrow.
(c) Hawkeye kills him.
(d) He escapes without injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Heywood confronts the guide?
2. What is the secret place where Hawkeye, Chingachgook and Uncas take the major and the Munro girls?
3. How do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook leave to find help?
4. Who in the group does not sleep in the cave that night?
5. What happens to Heyward when he tries to defend Alice?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)