|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Fort Henry and Fort Edward?
(a) coach stations for British travelers
(b) way stations for British soldiers headed for the front
(c) defense against the invading French
(d) decoys to fool the advancing French army
2. Led captive by the Iroquois and Renard, which way do they travel?
(a) back toward Ft. Edward
(b) away from the forts
(c) toward the sea
(d) around in circles
3. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
(a) for trying to join their group
(b) for making too much noise
(c) for not being dressed properly
(d) for talking with the Indian scout
4. Who comes across the Indian scout and the hunter?
(a) the Marquis of Montcalm
(b) the Iroquois
(c) the girls and Maj. Heyward
(d) the Siminole
5. Who in the group does not sleep in the cave that night?
(a) Heywood, Hawkeye, and Uncas
(b) Gamut, Alice, and Hawkeye
(c) Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas
(d) Alice, Cora, and Heyward
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cora suggest the men do?
2. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
3. What interrupts David Gamut's song in the cave?
4. Why is Heyward convinced not to pursue Magua?
5. What request does Heyward make of Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)