|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cooper describe the setting of the novel?
(a) the back of beyond
(b) the land that time forgot
(c) the bloody area
(d) the foothills of the wilderness
2. What advice does Hawkeye give as they battle the Iroquois?
(a) to keep their heads down
(b) to keep up a constant barrage of gunfire
(c) not to shoot till they can see the whites of their eyes
(d) to conserve their shots
3. After the men leave, what do Cora and Alice do?
(a) stand under the waterfall
(b) climb a tree
(c) make dummies dressed in their clothes to appear asleep
(d) hide in the cave
4. What interrupts David Gamut's song in the cave?
(a) a rockslide outside the cave
(b) a sound that no one can identify.
(c) Hawkeye tells him to be quiet
(d) the horses splashing in the pool
5. What does Cora suggest the men do?
(a) Turn the women over to the Iroquois.
(b) Leave them in the cave and go by river to seek help.
(c) Wait until dark to slip away.
(d) Build a big signal fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in the group does not sleep in the cave that night?
2. As what do the hunters identify Heywood's guide?
3. Who is at war as the novel begins?
4. What do Heywood and his party not realize?
5. What do they conclude has frightened the horses?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)