|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distresses Uncas?
(a) He knows the Iroquois have spotted the girls.
(b) His quivver is empty.
(c) Chingachgook is shot in the arm.
(d) He sees a Huron stealing the canoe.
2. What does the strange sound turn out to be?
(a) a goat caught in brambles
(b) an Indian war cry
(c) a horse in pain or terror
(d) a large owl
3. What is the purpose of Fort Henry and Fort Edward?
(a) coach stations for British travelers
(b) defense against the invading French
(c) decoys to fool the advancing French army
(d) way stations for British soldiers headed for the front
4. What does Uncas take to ward off wolves?
(a) a firebrand
(b) his tomakawk
(c) Hawkeye's rifle
(d) several large stones
5. As what do the hunters identify Heywood's guide?
(a) a Sioux
(b) a Huron
(c) a Mohawk
(d) a Mohican
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts David Gamut's song in the cave?
2. Who does Uncas say are hiding in the woods?
3. What does Cora suggest the men do?
4. What advice does Hawkeye give as they battle the Iroquois?
5. What request does Heyward make of Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)