|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they conclude has frightened the horses?
(a) a mountain lion
(c) the Iroquois
2. What threat is spotted by Hawkeye near a waterfall?
(a) five Iroquois
(b) a pack of wolves
(c) mountain lions
(d) Magua with a rifle
3. What interrupts David Gamut's song in the cave?
(a) the horses splashing in the pool
(b) Hawkeye tells him to be quiet
(c) a sound that no one can identify.
(d) a rockslide outside the cave
4. Who is the man of European stock waiting a few miles westward of Heyward and the Munro girls?
(a) Lance Corporal Pettigrew
(b) Prince Henry
(c) Col. Munro
5. Who does Maj. Heyward elect to lead him and the young Munro women to Fort Henry?
(a) an Indian scout
(b) the psalmist
(c) a British sergeant major
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Heywood and his party not realize?
2. At what time does Hawkeye wake everyone to resume their trip to Ft. Henry?
3. What is Hawkeye's problem during the battle?
4. Who is at war as the novel begins?
5. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)