|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes across the Indian scout and the hunter?
(a) the Iroquois
(b) the girls and Maj. Heyward
(c) the Siminole
(d) the Marquis of Montcalm
2. Who is at war as the novel begins?
(a) The English and the Indians
(b) The English and French
(c) The British and the Americans
(d) The French and the Indians
3. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
(a) for not being dressed properly
(b) for trying to join their group
(c) for talking with the Indian scout
(d) for making too much noise
4. At what time does Hawkeye wake everyone to resume their trip to Ft. Henry?
(a) six in the morning
(b) noon the next day
(c) at first light
(d) around midnight
5. Who does Uncas say are hiding in the woods?
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts David Gamut's song in the cave?
2. How does Cooper describe the setting of the novel?
3. What happens to the treacherous guide?
4. Who is the man of European stock waiting a few miles westward of Heyward and the Munro girls?
5. What do Heywood and his party not realize?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)