|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Magua's background?
(a) the son of a Huron chief
(b) a warrior of the Sioux
(c) a foundling raised by the Delaware
(d) a renegade from the Seminole
2. What encourages the searchers?
(a) a trail of coins dropped by someone
(b) a note dropped by Cora
(c) a place where Alice stopped to rest
(d) a trail left by Cora and Magua
3. On their way, what does Heyward continually try to do?
(a) make markings on their trail
(b) hide the girls in the forest
(c) persuade Magua to help them
(d) find a chance to escape
4. What caused Magua's downfall
(a) fighting the other braves
(b) not being a good hunter
(c) drinking firewater
(d) murdering his uncle
5. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
(a) mark him for life
(b) carry him away
(c) to take the courage of the prisoner
(d) eat him
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men realize as they study the trail?
2. Who is Hawkeye searching for in the Huron village?
3. How does Magua know the girls' father?
4. What startles David in the hut?
5. What does Uncas find?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)