Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Who is at war as the novel begins?
(a) The English and the Indians
(b) The British and the Americans
(c) The English and French
(d) The French and the Indians
2. How does Cooper describe the setting of the novel?
(a) the bloody area
(b) the land that time forgot
(c) the foothills of the wilderness
(d) the back of beyond
3. What is the purpose of Fort Henry and Fort Edward?
(a) coach stations for British travelers
(b) decoys to fool the advancing French army
(c) defense against the invading French
(d) way stations for British soldiers headed for the front
4. Who does Maj. Heyward elect to lead him and the young Munro women to Fort Henry?
(a) the psalmist
(b) a British sergeant major
(d) an Indian scout
5. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
(a) for talking with the Indian scout
(b) for making too much noise
(c) for not being dressed properly
(d) for trying to join their group
This section contains 4,668 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)