Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Who is at war as the novel begins?
(a) The English and the Indians
(b) The British and the Americans
(c) The English and French
(d) The French and the Indians
2. How does Cooper describe the setting of the novel?
(a) the back of beyond
(b) the foothills of the wilderness
(c) the bloody area
(d) the land that time forgot
3. What is the purpose of Fort Henry and Fort Edward?
(a) way stations for British soldiers headed for the front
(b) defense against the invading French
(c) coach stations for British travelers
(d) decoys to fool the advancing French army
4. Who does Maj. Heyward elect to lead him and the young Munro women to Fort Henry?
(a) the psalmist
(b) a British sergeant major
(c) an Indian scout
5. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
(a) for talking with the Indian scout
(b) for trying to join their group
(c) for making too much noise
(d) for not being dressed properly
This section contains 4,668 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)