Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• The story is set in the bloody arena of the war between France and England between the head waters of the Hudson and the adjacent lakes.
• The central characters of Cora, Alice, David Gamut, and Heyward are introduced.
• The villain, Magua, is introduced as the guide Heyward selects to get the girls from Fort Edward to Fort Henry.
• The small party is being watched as it makes its way on what is supposed to be a shortcut to Fort Henry.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Hawkeye and Chingachgook are introduced as they rest on the banks of a river.
• Chingachgook's son, Uncas, joins them and his father proclaims him as the last of the Mohicans.
• Heyward and the girls come upon Hawkeye and his Mohawk friends and learn that Magua has been leading them away from Fort Henry.
• Plans are made to dispose of Magua and a shot is...
This section contains 2,090 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)