|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sonny say when Sam asks if Dwayne was along the night they got Billy drunk?
2. Whose house does Sonny visit at the end of the book?
3. Who is fired for being a homosexual?
4. Where are Jacy and Sonny married?
5. What does Jacy say to Ruth at the grocery store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about how the character of Ruth makes you feel. Are you sad for her? Does her character frustrate you? What is your response to this character?
Essay Topic 2
Everyone in Thalia knew that Sam was getting older. Why do you think it is such a shock to everyone in Thalia when Sam dies? How do you think Thalia is affected by the loss of Sam?
Essay Topic 3
When Dwayne and Sonny go to the cafe in Chapter 1 they only have eighty cents between the two of them. Why do you think they have such little money? They are only supporting themselves and not a family. Discuss their jobs if they have one. Do you think this puts a strain on their relationship?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)