|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth do when she starts to miss sleeping next to a body in bed?
2. What is the name of the brothel that Dwayne and Sonny go to?
3. Who does Jacy end up having sex with at the pool hall?
4. Why did Lois not marry Sam?
5. Do Sam and his friends catch a lot of fish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jacy is crushed when Abilene uses her and also when she finds out that Bobby Sheen married Annie. Jacy doesn't realize that she treated Dwayne, Lester, and Sonny that same way. Write an essay about why you feel Jacy is unable to make that connection.
Essay Topic 2
The book suggests that the Thalia High School students' behaviors change depending on the class they are in. Why do the students' behaviors change?
Essay Topic 3
Lois ends up having a long and serious talk with Jacy about not wanting Jacy to marry Dwayne. Why do you think Lois does this? Why do you think the author changes her character enough to allow her this moment with her daughter?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)