|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam say when Sonny asks if Sam knew about Sonny and Ruth?
2. Why does Sonny not go back to Ruth?
3. What does John's family do when they find out he was fired for being homosexual?
4. Sonny quits his job delivering butane and instead does what?
5. Where is the only place that Ruth will go out to at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Genevieve and Sonny's father could really be a comfort to one another. Explain why.
Essay Topic 2
When Dwayne and Sonny go to the cafe in Chapter 1 they only have eighty cents between the two of them. Why do you think they have such little money? They are only supporting themselves and not a family. Discuss their jobs if they have one. Do you think this puts a strain on their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Jacy's wristwatch ended up being extremely symbolic. Explain why.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)