|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctors say about Sonny's eye?
2. Who says they will take care of the funeral arrangements?
3. What does John's family do when they find out he was fired for being homosexual?
4. Sonny quits his job delivering butane and instead does what?
5. What does Sonny buy for Billy when the picture show is shut down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Everyone in Thalia knew that Sam was getting older. Why do you think it is such a shock to everyone in Thalia when Sam dies? How do you think Thalia is affected by the loss of Sam?
Essay Topic 2
The first time Sonny drives Ruth to the doctor there is an uncomfortable silence in the car for the ride there. What do you think Sonny is thinking? What do you think Ruth is thinking? Why do you think neither one of them spoke?
Essay Topic 3
Sam reveals in Chapter 7 that the Farrows will be going broke soon. Write an essay about the effect money has on a family. The Farrows went from being broke to being rich to soon being poor again. They gave up a lot of their poor friends when becoming poor like Genevieve and her husband, so what will become of those relationships when the Farrows become broke again?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)