|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sonny not go back to Ruth?
2. What does John's family do when they find out he was fired for being homosexual?
3. Where is the only place that Ruth will go out to at the end of the book?
4. What does Ruth do when she finds out who started the rumor?
5. What does Sam say when Sonny asks for advice about Ruth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jacy's wristwatch ended up being extremely symbolic. Explain why.
Essay Topic 2
The book suggests that the Thalia High School students' behaviors change depending on the class they are in. Why do the students' behaviors change?
Essay Topic 3
Lois is the only woman that openly drinks in Thalia. Why do you think she is alone in this? What makes her different from the other women?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)