|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam say when Sonny asks if Sam knew about Sonny and Ruth?
2. Which woman cries at the funeral because she was in love with Sam?
3. What does John's family do when they find out he was fired for being homosexual?
4. Who does Jacy invite to have a hamburger with her?
5. What do Dwayne and Sonny see for the first time on their trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book suggests that the Thalia High School students' behaviors change depending on the class they are in. Why do the students' behaviors change?
Essay Topic 2
Sonny and his father have had some major losses in their lives including Sonny's mother. Due to the losses there is tension between these two characters throughout the story. Write an essay on the effects the losses have had on the two of them as individuals and on their relationship with each other. Which character do you think should be extending a branch to the other to help mend the relationship, and why?
Essay Topic 3
It says in the book that after Sonny hit the referee in the back of the head during the basketball game he was a celebrity amongst the students. Why would this make him a celebrity? How long do you think this will last?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)