|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth do when she starts to miss sleeping next to a body in bed?
2. Who gets married during the summer?
3. Who is waiting for Sonny and Dwayne when they get back to the rooming house in Chapter 15?
4. Who does Jacy invite to have a hamburger with her?
5. Why does Sonny feel sad after watching his first football game as an alumni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For some reason Sonny's life seems to be overlapping with not only the teenagers of the story but also the adults. This is not even true of his close friend, Dwayne. Write an essay explaining why and how Sonny seems to cross into both generations with his life.
Essay Topic 2
The book suggests that the Thalia High School students' behaviors change depending on the class they are in. Why do the students' behaviors change?
Essay Topic 3
The first time Sonny drives Ruth to the doctor there is an uncomfortable silence in the car for the ride there. What do you think Sonny is thinking? What do you think Ruth is thinking? Why do you think neither one of them spoke?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)