|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Sonny and Dwayne when they get back to the rooming house in Chapter 15?
2. Who does Sonny lean on for emotional support after he feels lonely attending his first football game after graduating?
3. Why is Old Lady Mosey closing the picture show?
4. Dwayne returns to Thalia after having gone where at the end of the summer?
5. Who dies when they are hit by a truck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lois ends up having a long and serious talk with Jacy about not wanting Jacy to marry Dwayne. Why do you think Lois does this? Why do you think the author changes her character enough to allow her this moment with her daughter?
Essay Topic 2
Sonny and his father have had some major losses in their lives including Sonny's mother. Due to the losses there is tension between these two characters throughout the story. Write an essay on the effects the losses have had on the two of them as individuals and on their relationship with each other. Which character do you think should be extending a branch to the other to help mend the relationship, and why?
Essay Topic 3
When Sam banned all the boys from the picture show, cafe, and pool hall, do you think he was most disappointed with Sonny? Please explain why or why not.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)