|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dwayne comes home from boot camp how does he hook up with Sonny?
2. Who does Sonny lean on for emotional support after he feels lonely attending his first football game after graduating?
3. What jailhouse do Sonny and Jacy go to?
4. What does Sam say when Sonny asks for advice about Ruth?
5. What does Ruth do when she starts to miss sleeping next to a body in bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lois is the only woman that openly drinks in Thalia. Why do you think she is alone in this? What makes her different from the other women?
Essay Topic 2
In the first chapter the fact that lives overlap in a small town is evident. Write an essay explaining how the people of Thalia's lives are connected.
Essay Topic 3
The first time Sonny drives Ruth to the doctor there is an uncomfortable silence in the car for the ride there. What do you think Sonny is thinking? What do you think Ruth is thinking? Why do you think neither one of them spoke?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)