|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jacy tell her parents that she is marrying Sonny?
2. Where do Sonny and Dwayne drive to for a few beers on Dwayne's last night in Thalia before being deployed?
3. Where does Sonny lie the body of his friend?
4. What does Ruth do when she finds out who started the rumor?
5. Where do Sonny and Dwayne visit once they arrive at their destination during their last night together before Dwayne is deployed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the first chapter the fact that lives overlap in a small town is evident. Write an essay explaining how the people of Thalia's lives are connected.
Essay Topic 2
In the opening chapter of the book, Sam loses fifty dollars to Abilene on a bet that the Thalia football team will win. Why do you think Sam does this when the Thalia football team almost always loses? Why do you think he would risk losing fifty dollars instead of betting less?
Essay Topic 3
The book suggests that the Thalia High School students' behaviors change depending on the class they are in. Why do the students' behaviors change?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)