|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Sonny and Dwayne play pool with in Chapter 7?
2. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene, she gives him back what?
3. When Sonny gets back to the rooming house, who does he fantasize about until he falls asleep?
4. Who does Sonny see inside the cafe with Genevieve?
5. What does Lois tell Jacy about Dwayne during their talk together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sam never marry the girl from the tank?
2. Between the glue mixed in with the foot-toughener and the towel fights, does Coach Popper have inappropriate behavior? What do you think these actions reveal about Coach Popper's character that is not necessarily given to us in the text?
3. What significance is Jacy to Bobby Sheen?
4. Describe the incident with Coach Popper in the hotel room with Bobby Logan.
5. Why does Genevieve tell Sonny that it is Dwayne's tough luck that he is with Jacy?
6. Why does Marlene think about Charlene being sent away to have her baby when Charlene isn't pregnant?
7. How does Sonny feel after he comes back from Fort Worth?
8. What happens after Dwayne fights Lester?
9. What happens to Joe Bob when he is supposed to preach?
10. Why do you think Sonny isn't mad at Dwayne for getting him beaten up?
Essay Topic 1
Everyone in Thalia knew that Sam was getting older. Why do you think it is such a shock to everyone in Thalia when Sam dies? How do you think Thalia is affected by the loss of Sam?
Essay Topic 2
The first time Sonny drives Ruth to the doctor there is an uncomfortable silence in the car for the ride there. What do you think Sonny is thinking? What do you think Ruth is thinking? Why do you think neither one of them spoke?
Essay Topic 3
Sam reveals in Chapter 7 that the Farrows will be going broke soon. Write an essay about the effect money has on a family. The Farrows went from being broke to being rich to soon being poor again. They gave up a lot of their poor friends when becoming poor like Genevieve and her husband, so what will become of those relationships when the Farrows become broke again?
This section contains 1,420 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)