|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drives the cattle truck?
2. Ruth says that she has to have an operation for what?
3. What is the only class that Sonny and Dwayne try to stay awake for in high school?
4. What bothers Ruth while being intimate?
5. When Sonny gets back to the gym what does Coach Popper ask him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Jacy decides to go with Sonny?
2. Why do you think Coach Popper didn't tell Ruth that Sonny would be driving her to the doctor?
3. Why does Sonny make a connection with Ruth?
4. Why are Sonny and Dwayne shocked to see the diner dark?
5. Why does Jacy second guess dumping Dwayne?
6. How does Sonny feel after he comes back from Fort Worth?
7. Why do you think there is tension between Sonny and his father?
8. What happens to Joe Bob when he is supposed to preach?
9. What is the Farrow's true money situation?
10. What is tearing Dwayne and Jacy apart in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For some reason Sonny's life seems to be overlapping with not only the teenagers of the story but also the adults. This is not even true of his close friend, Dwayne. Write an essay explaining why and how Sonny seems to cross into both generations with his life.
Essay Topic 2
Genevieve and Sonny's father could really be a comfort to one another. Explain why.
Essay Topic 3
The book suggests that the Thalia High School students' behaviors change depending on the class they are in. Why do the students' behaviors change?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)