Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lois tell Jacy about Dwayne during their talk together?
2. Who do Sonny and Dwayne eat with at the all-night diner?
3. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene, she gives him back what?
4. Sonny realizes that Charlene would rather be dating who while watching the movie at the picture show?
5. What sport can the Thalia students play if they don't sneak off for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Dwayne believes he is still going to marry Jacy?
2. What happens on the school bus on the way back to Thalia High School?
3. Why does Genevieve say that she and her husband quit being friends with the Farrows?
4. Even though Sonny has a crush on Genevieve, how does she feel about him?
5. What does Genevieve say that is bad about Dwayne to Sonny?
6. What keeps bothering Ruth so much that she can't enjoy making love with Sonny?
7. Why do you think Sonny reacts the way that he does to the men trying to console the truck driver?
8. What happens after Dwayne fights Lester?
9. Why does Jacy second guess dumping Dwayne?
10. What is the Farrow's true money situation?
The book suggests that the Thalia High School students' behaviors change depending on the class they are in. Why do the students' behaviors change?
Pick your favorite character from this book. Write an essay describing why you chose this character. How do you relate to this character? What is your favorite thing about this character? If you could change one thing about this character what would it be?
Sam reveals in Chapter 7 that the Farrows will be going broke soon. Write an essay about the effect money has on a family. The Farrows went from being broke to being rich to soon being poor again. They gave up a lot of their poor friends when becoming poor like Genevieve and her husband, so what will become of those relationships when the Farrows become broke again?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)