|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jacy find her mother kissing in the foyer?
2. What does Sonny eat at the cafe during his first time back since being banned?
3. Who does Jacy go to the country club dance with?
4. Which player does the team trick with glue mixed with the foot-toughener?
5. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene, she gives him back what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sam always take Sonny and Billy to the poorly stocked tank to go fishing?
2. Why do you think Sonny feels depressed that he isn't in the army?
3. Why does Jacy second guess dumping Dwayne?
4. What do Dwayne and Sonny end up doing in Mexico?
5. What happens to Joe Bob when he is supposed to preach?
6. Even though Sonny has a crush on Genevieve, how does she feel about him?
7. Why does Sonny feel bad about Billy and Sam?
8. Why does Sonny not go back to see Ruth after his first night out with Jacy?
9. What do Sonny and Jacy do on their wedding night?
10. Describe the incident with Coach Popper in the hotel room with Bobby Logan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lois is the only woman that openly drinks in Thalia. Why do you think she is alone in this? What makes her different from the other women?
Essay Topic 2
In the first chapter the fact that lives overlap in a small town is evident. Write an essay explaining how the people of Thalia's lives are connected.
Essay Topic 3
Jacy is manipulative throughout this book. Discuss the different ways this trait helped her and hurt her throughout the book.
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)