|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sonny tell Genevieve that he is blue?
2. When Sonny gets back to the rooming house, who does he fantasize about until he falls asleep?
3. Who takes care of the mentally slow Billy?
4. Which player does the team trick with glue mixed with the foot-toughener?
5. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene, she gives him back what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Lois decides to sleep with Sonny?
2. What happens when Ruth finds out that her husband had Mr. Cecil fired?
3. What significance is Jacy to Bobby Sheen?
4. Why is Jacy upset with her mother at the annual square dance?
5. Why do you think Sonny feels depressed that he isn't in the army?
6. Do you think that Abilene gets an ego boost by coming to Thalia? Please cite examples from the book.
7. Describe the incident with Coach Popper in the hotel room with Bobby Logan.
8. Why do you think Sonny isn't mad at Dwayne for getting him beaten up?
9. What keeps bothering Ruth so much that she can't enjoy making love with Sonny?
10. Why do you think Dwayne believes he is still going to marry Jacy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Genevieve and Sonny's father could really be a comfort to one another. Explain why.
Essay Topic 2
For some reason Sonny's life seems to be overlapping with not only the teenagers of the story but also the adults. This is not even true of his close friend, Dwayne. Write an essay explaining why and how Sonny seems to cross into both generations with his life.
Essay Topic 3
Jacy is crushed when Abilene uses her and also when she finds out that Bobby Sheen married Annie. Jacy doesn't realize that she treated Dwayne, Lester, and Sonny that same way. Write an essay about why you feel Jacy is unable to make that connection.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)