Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lois tell Jacy about Dwayne during their talk together?
2. Who do Sonny and Dwayne eat with at the all-night diner?
3. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene, she gives him back what?
4. Sonny realizes that Charlene would rather be dating who while watching the movie at the picture show?
5. What sport can the Thalia students play if they don't sneak off for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Dwayne believes he is still going to marry Jacy?
2. What happens on the school bus on the way back to Thalia High School?
3. Why does Genevieve say that she and her husband quit being friends with the Farrows?
4. Even though Sonny has a crush on Genevieve, how does she feel about him?
5. What does Genevieve say that is bad about Dwayne to Sonny?
6. What keeps bothering Ruth so much that she can't enjoy making love with Sonny?
7. Why do you think Sonny reacts the way that he does to the men trying to console the truck driver?
8. What happens after Dwayne fights Lester?
9. Why does Jacy second guess dumping Dwayne?
10. What is the Farrow's true money situation?
Essay Topic 1
Jacy's wristwatch ended up being extremely symbolic. Explain why.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about how the character of Ruth makes you feel. Are you sad for her? Does her character frustrate you? What is your response to this character?
Essay Topic 3
In the opening chapter of the book, Sam loses fifty dollars to Abilene on a bet that the Thalia football team will win. Why do you think Sam does this when the Thalia football team almost always loses? Why do you think he would risk losing fifty dollars instead of betting less?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)