|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which player receives an elbow to the groin during the basketball game?
2. Why does Sonny tell Genevieve that he is blue?
3. What does Jacy say about premarital sex?
4. Who do Sonny and Dwayne play pool with in Chapter 7?
5. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene she goes crying to who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can students do during lunch at Thalia High if they don't sneak off?
2. Why is Jacy upset with her mother at the annual square dance?
3. Why do you think Sonny goes and sees Ruth at the end of the book?
4. Explain the exchange between Ruth and Dwayne at the annual square dance.
5. What does Genevieve say that is bad about Dwayne to Sonny?
6. Why does Lois tell Jacy she should not marry Dwayne?
7. Why do you think Lois decides to sleep with Sonny?
8. Even though Sonny has a crush on Genevieve, how does she feel about him?
9. It is Sonny and Charlene's anniversary in Chapter 2. What does Charlene demand that Sonny give her for their anniversary? What does Sonny actually give her?
10. Why do you think Jacy decides to go with Sonny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It says in the book that after Sonny hit the referee in the back of the head during the basketball game he was a celebrity amongst the students. Why would this make him a celebrity? How long do you think this will last?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about how the character of Ruth makes you feel. Are you sad for her? Does her character frustrate you? What is your response to this character?
Essay Topic 3
Everyone in Thalia knew that Sam was getting older. Why do you think it is such a shock to everyone in Thalia when Sam dies? How do you think Thalia is affected by the loss of Sam?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)