|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Genevieve tell Sonny he should take money from his father sometimes?
2. Where do all the boys go to get drunk?
3. What bothers Ruth while being intimate?
4. What of Jacy's gets broken at the swim party?
5. What does Coach Popper tell Ruth when she asks him to bring her a pain pill?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Jacy is with Abilene she has a pivotal moment that she shares with her mom Lois. What is it?
2. Why does Marlene think about Charlene being sent away to have her baby when Charlene isn't pregnant?
3. Why does Genevieve say that she and her husband quit being friends with the Farrows?
4. Why do you think Sonny isn't mad at Dwayne for getting him beaten up?
5. Why does Genevieve tell Sonny that it is Dwayne's tough luck that he is with Jacy?
6. How do you think Sonny feels after he breaks up with Charlene?
7. Why does Jacy feel it necessary to attend the naked swim party?
8. Why does Sonny not go back to see Ruth after his first night out with Jacy?
9. It is Sonny and Charlene's anniversary in Chapter 2. What does Charlene demand that Sonny give her for their anniversary? What does Sonny actually give her?
10. Why does Sam decide to forgive Sonny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Sonny and his father have had some major losses in their lives including Sonny's mother. Due to the losses there is tension between these two characters throughout the story. Write an essay on the effects the losses have had on the two of them as individuals and on their relationship with each other. Which character do you think should be extending a branch to the other to help mend the relationship, and why?
Essay Topic 2Everyone in Thalia knew that Sam was getting older. Why do you think it is such a shock to everyone in Thalia when Sam dies? How do you think Thalia is affected by the loss of Sam?
Essay Topic 3The characters maturity levels really cover the gamut in this story. How do you think the maturity differences affect the characters in their relationships?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)