Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lois tell Jacy about Dwayne during their talk together?
2. Who do Sonny and Dwayne eat with at the all-night diner?
3. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene, she gives him back what?
4. Sonny realizes that Charlene would rather be dating who while watching the movie at the picture show?
5. What sport can the Thalia students play if they don't sneak off for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Dwayne believes he is still going to marry Jacy?
2. What happens on the school bus on the way back to Thalia High School?
3. Why does Genevieve say that she and her husband quit being friends with the Farrows?
4. Even though Sonny has a crush on Genevieve, how does she feel about him?
5. What does Genevieve say that is bad about Dwayne to Sonny?
6. What keeps bothering Ruth so much that she can't enjoy making love with Sonny?
7. Why do you think Sonny reacts the way that he does to the men trying to console the truck driver?
8. What happens after Dwayne fights Lester?
9. Why does Jacy second guess dumping Dwayne?
10. What is the Farrow's true money situation?
Essay Topic 1
Sonny and his father have had some major losses in their lives including Sonny's mother. Due to the losses there is tension between these two characters throughout the story. Write an essay on the effects the losses have had on the two of them as individuals and on their relationship with each other. Which character do you think should be extending a branch to the other to help mend the relationship, and why?
Essay Topic 2
The characters maturity levels really cover the gamut in this story. How do you think the maturity differences affect the characters in their relationships?
Essay Topic 3
Lois ends up having a long and serious talk with Jacy about not wanting Jacy to marry Dwayne. Why do you think Lois does this? Why do you think the author changes her character enough to allow her this moment with her daughter?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)