|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sonny think about while trying to fall asleep the night of the annual square dance?
2. Who do Sonny and Dwayne play pool with in Chapter 7?
3. Who is Jacy attracted to in Wichita?
4. What happens when Ruth and Sonny come home from the doctor in Chapter 11?
5. What do Sonny and Ruth think of their first kiss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Genevieve say that is bad about Dwayne to Sonny?
2. What do Dwayne and Sonny end up doing in Mexico?
3. Why is Jacy upset with her mother at the annual square dance?
4. Why does Jacy second guess dumping Dwayne?
5. Why is Mr. Cecil fired and who gets him fired?
6. Why does Lois tell Jacy she should not marry Dwayne?
7. Explain the ways that Sonny and Dwayne's friendship resembles a marriage.
8. Why are Sonny and Dwayne shocked to see the diner dark?
9. Even though Sonny has a crush on Genevieve, how does she feel about him?
10. Why does Dwayne not go and visit Sonny when he visits Thalia after boot camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It says in the book that after Sonny hit the referee in the back of the head during the basketball game he was a celebrity amongst the students. Why would this make him a celebrity? How long do you think this will last?
Essay Topic 2
Genevieve and Sonny's father could really be a comfort to one another. Explain why.
Essay Topic 3
For some reason Sonny's life seems to be overlapping with not only the teenagers of the story but also the adults. This is not even true of his close friend, Dwayne. Write an essay explaining why and how Sonny seems to cross into both generations with his life.
This section contains 1,376 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)