|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sonny breaks up with Charlene he drives to __________________.
2. Genevieve's husband was injured in what kind of an accident?
3. Which player receives an elbow to the groin during the basketball game?
4. Who is Bobby dating?
5. When Sonny gets back to the gym what does Coach Popper ask him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident with Coach Popper in the hotel room with Bobby Logan.
2. Why do you think Sonny reacts the way that he does to the men trying to console the truck driver?
3. Why does Jacy ask Sonny to marry her?
4. Why does Sonny feel bad about Billy and Sam?
5. How does Sonny feel after he comes back from Fort Worth?
6. Why do you think there is tension between Sonny and his father?
7. What happens on the school bus on the way back to Thalia High School?
8. What happens when Ruth finds out that her husband had Mr. Cecil fired?
9. Why do you think Sonny feels depressed that he isn't in the army?
10. Explain the exchange between Ruth and Dwayne at the annual square dance.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jacy is crushed when Abilene uses her and also when she finds out that Bobby Sheen married Annie. Jacy doesn't realize that she treated Dwayne, Lester, and Sonny that same way. Write an essay about why you feel Jacy is unable to make that connection.
Essay Topic 2
Lois is the only woman that openly drinks in Thalia. Why do you think she is alone in this? What makes her different from the other women?
Essay Topic 3
Pick your favorite character from this book. Write an essay describing why you chose this character. How do you relate to this character? What is your favorite thing about this character? If you could change one thing about this character what would it be?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)