|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which player does the team trick with glue mixed with the foot-toughener?
2. What player does Coach Popper kiss on the ear?
3. Which three characters are the only characters to go to a drive-in in the book during Chapter 4?
4. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene she goes crying to who?
5. Sonny's father is now what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Sonny feels depressed that he isn't in the army?
2. Why is Mr. Cecil fired and who gets him fired?
3. Why does Sonny not go back to see Ruth after his first night out with Jacy?
4. Why does Genevieve say that she and her husband quit being friends with the Farrows?
5. When Coach Popper is upset about only having nine boys show up for basketball practice, what does Coach Popper make the team do?
6. Why does Sam always take Sonny and Billy to the poorly stocked tank to go fishing?
7. Why does Jacy ask Sonny to marry her?
8. Why does Jacy feel it necessary to attend the naked swim party?
9. Why do you think there is tension between Sonny and his father?
10. Why do you think Sonny goes and sees Ruth at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Dwayne and Sonny go to the cafe in Chapter 1 they only have eighty cents between the two of them. Why do you think they have such little money? They are only supporting themselves and not a family. Discuss their jobs if they have one. Do you think this puts a strain on their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Lois is the only woman that openly drinks in Thalia. Why do you think she is alone in this? What makes her different from the other women?
Essay Topic 3
Genevieve and Sonny's father could really be a comfort to one another. Explain why.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)