|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coach Popper has inappropriate contact with which player?
2. What does Sonny say to Sam when he sees him at the cafe after being banned?
3. Why does Jacy tell Dwayne she is going to Wichita?
4. Why does Bobby stop and not sleep with Jacy?
5. Who do the group of boys pay to have sex with Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Sonny reacts the way that he does to the men trying to console the truck driver?
2. Why does Genevieve tell Sonny that it is Dwayne's tough luck that he is with Jacy?
3. What can students do during lunch at Thalia High if they don't sneak off?
4. Explain what happens during the basketball game between Thalia High School and Paducah High School.
5. How does Sonny feel after he comes back from Fort Worth?
6. Why do you think Dwayne believes he is still going to marry Jacy?
7. Why do you think Jacy decides to go with Sonny?
8. What is Lois' purpose in telling Jacy not to marry Dwayne?
9. Explain the ways that Sonny and Dwayne's friendship resembles a marriage.
10. Why does Genevieve say that she and her husband quit being friends with the Farrows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about how the character of Ruth makes you feel. Are you sad for her? Does her character frustrate you? What is your response to this character?
Essay Topic 2
The book suggests that the Thalia High School students' behaviors change depending on the class they are in. Why do the students' behaviors change?
Essay Topic 3
The characters maturity levels really cover the gamut in this story. How do you think the maturity differences affect the characters in their relationships?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)