|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is knocked unconscious during the first basketball game?
2. Who does Sonny see inside the cafe with Genevieve?
3. Ruth asks Sonny into her house for what?
4. Who does Jacy find her mother kissing in the foyer?
5. What does Sonny say to Sam when he sees him at the cafe after being banned?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Jacy is with Abilene she has a pivotal moment that she shares with her mom Lois. What is it?
2. Between the glue mixed in with the foot-toughener and the towel fights, does Coach Popper have inappropriate behavior? What do you think these actions reveal about Coach Popper's character that is not necessarily given to us in the text?
3. It is Sonny and Charlene's anniversary in Chapter 2. What does Charlene demand that Sonny give her for their anniversary? What does Sonny actually give her?
4. How do you think Sonny feels after he breaks up with Charlene?
5. What significance is Jacy to Bobby Sheen?
6. Why does Jacy second guess dumping Dwayne?
7. Describe the incident with Coach Popper in the hotel room with Bobby Logan.
8. Why does Jacy feel it necessary to attend the naked swim party?
9. Why do you think Sonny feels depressed that he isn't in the army?
10. Why does Sam decide to forgive Sonny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jacy is manipulative throughout this book. Discuss the different ways this trait helped her and hurt her throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Sam reveals in Chapter 7 that the Farrows will be going broke soon. Write an essay about the effect money has on a family. The Farrows went from being broke to being rich to soon being poor again. They gave up a lot of their poor friends when becoming poor like Genevieve and her husband, so what will become of those relationships when the Farrows become broke again?
Essay Topic 3
Pick your favorite character from this book. Write an essay describing why you chose this character. How do you relate to this character? What is your favorite thing about this character? If you could change one thing about this character what would it be?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)