|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Sonny and Dwayne eat with at the all-night diner?
2. What do Sonny and Dwayne eat at the all-night diner?
3. When Coach Popper wakes up from sleeping on the bus, what does he find that upsets him?
4. Who has to take daily naps for their heart condition?
5. Who takes care of the mentally slow Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Sonny and Dwayne choose to live above the pool hall?
2. What does Genevieve say that is bad about Dwayne to Sonny?
3. Why does Jacy second guess dumping Dwayne?
4. Why is Coach Popper's class the most popular at Thalia High School?
5. What happens on the school bus on the way back to Thalia High School?
6. Do you think that Abilene gets an ego boost by coming to Thalia? Please cite examples from the book.
7. What keeps bothering Ruth so much that she can't enjoy making love with Sonny?
8. Why does Marlene think about Charlene being sent away to have her baby when Charlene isn't pregnant?
9. When Coach Popper is upset about only having nine boys show up for basketball practice, what does Coach Popper make the team do?
10. Why does Jacy ask Sonny to marry her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book suggests that the Thalia High School students' behaviors change depending on the class they are in. Why do the students' behaviors change?
Essay Topic 2
Jacy's wristwatch ended up being extremely symbolic. Explain why.
Essay Topic 3
It says in the book that after Sonny hit the referee in the back of the head during the basketball game he was a celebrity amongst the students. Why would this make him a celebrity? How long do you think this will last?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)