|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lois tell Jacy about Dwayne during their talk together?
2. Who do Sonny and Dwayne eat with at the all-night diner?
3. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene, she gives him back what?
4. Sonny realizes that Charlene would rather be dating who while watching the movie at the picture show?
5. What sport can the Thalia students play if they don't sneak off for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Dwayne believes he is still going to marry Jacy?
2. What happens on the school bus on the way back to Thalia High School?
3. Why does Genevieve say that she and her husband quit being friends with the Farrows?
4. Even though Sonny has a crush on Genevieve, how does she feel about him?
5. What does Genevieve say that is bad about Dwayne to Sonny?
6. What keeps bothering Ruth so much that she can't enjoy making love with Sonny?
7. Why do you think Sonny reacts the way that he does to the men trying to console the truck driver?
8. What happens after Dwayne fights Lester?
9. Why does Jacy second guess dumping Dwayne?
10. What is the Farrow's true money situation?
Essay Topic 1
Lois ends up having a long and serious talk with Jacy about not wanting Jacy to marry Dwayne. Why do you think Lois does this? Why do you think the author changes her character enough to allow her this moment with her daughter?
Essay Topic 2
Everyone in Thalia knew that Sam was getting older. Why do you think it is such a shock to everyone in Thalia when Sam dies? How do you think Thalia is affected by the loss of Sam?
Essay Topic 3
The book suggests that the Thalia High School students' behaviors change depending on the class they are in. Why do the students' behaviors change?
This section contains 1,407 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)