|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ruth and Sonny come home from the doctor in Chapter 11?
(a) Ruth cries.
(b) They sleep together.
(c) Coach Popper is waiting for them.
(d) He kisses her goodbye and leaves.
2. Even though it is Charlene's curfew she suggests that she and Sonny go where?
(a) To the pool hall.
(b) To the cafe.
(c) To the lake.
(d) To the bar.
3. What does Sonny eat at the cafe during his first time back since being banned?
(a) Two cheeseburgers.
(b) Two tacos.
(c) Two hotdogs.
(d) Two chicken fried steaks.
4. Which character is found sweeping a lot?
5. Ruth says that she has to have an operation for what?
(a) Remove a tumor from her breast.
(b) Remove a tumor from her leg.
(c) Remove a tumor from her lung.
(d) Remove a tumor from her ovary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dwayne feel that he needs to do in order to keep Jacy?
2. Sonny realizes that Charlene would rather be dating who while watching the movie at the picture show?
3. Why does Jacy tell Dwayne she is going to Wichita?
4. Who goes to sleep with the prostitute in Chapter 7?
5. What does Coach Popper always do at the beginning of class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens during the basketball game between Thalia High School and Paducah High School.
2. Why does Sonny make a connection with Ruth?
3. Describe the incident with Coach Popper in the hotel room with Bobby Logan.
4. Why do you think Sonny goes and sees Ruth at the end of the book?
5. What significance is Jacy to Bobby Sheen?
6. Why does Jacy second guess dumping Dwayne?
7. Which character seems to be a father figure to the boy characters? Give an example of him playing this role from the story.
8. Why do you think Jacy decides to go with Sonny?
9. Between the glue mixed in with the foot-toughener and the towel fights, does Coach Popper have inappropriate behavior? What do you think these actions reveal about Coach Popper's character that is not necessarily given to us in the text?
10. Why do you think Billy helps Sonny with his loneliness?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)