|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do all the boys go to get drunk?
(a) All-night cafe.
(c) The picture house.
(d) The pool hall.
2. Who drives the nicest car in Thalia?
3. What does Ruth dream in Chapter 11?
(a) That she is giving birth to Sonny.
(b) That she is having sex with Sonny.
(c) That she is having sex with Dwayne.
(d) That she is having sex with Coach Popper.
4. Why does Genevieve tell Sonny he should take money from his father sometimes?
(a) Sonny can give the money to his mother.
(b) It would make Sonny's father feel good.
(c) Sonny needs the money.
(d) Sonny can give the money to Genevieve.
5. Who throws the basketball at the back of Mr. Wean's head and knocks him out?
(a) Coach Popper.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lois has a talk with Jacy about Dwayne, what does Lois do for the rest of the night?
2. Genevieve has _________ sons and _________ daughters.
3. Who do Sonny and Dwayne eat with at the all-night diner?
4. Which character is found sweeping a lot?
5. Who does Jacy find her mother kissing in the foyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Jacy is with Abilene she has a pivotal moment that she shares with her mom Lois. What is it?
2. Which character is lonely in Chapter 1? Give at least one example from Chapter 1 where it shows their loneliness.
3. Describe the incident with Coach Popper in the hotel room with Bobby Logan.
4. Explain the exchange between Ruth and Dwayne at the annual square dance.
5. Why did Sam never marry the girl from the tank?
6. How do you think Sonny feels after he breaks up with Charlene?
7. Why does Sonny feel bad about Billy and Sam?
8. What do Sonny and Jacy do on their wedding night?
9. Why does Jacy ask Sonny to marry her?
10. Why is Mr. Cecil fired and who gets him fired?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)