|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is found sweeping a lot?
2. Why does Bobby stop and not sleep with Jacy?
(a) His parents come home.
(b) He feels bad about his girlfriend.
(c) He feels bad about Dwayne.
(d) She is a virgin.
3. What does Coach Popper say that he could have bought with what he has spent on Ruth's pills?
(a) A dog.
(b) A new car.
(c) A new gun.
(d) Golf clubs.
4. Sonny doesn't get back from the ranch with the butane tank until almost what time?
(a) 12 a.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 1 a.m.
5. Who goes to sleep with the prostitute in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jacy go to a naked swim party with?
2. When Sonny gets back to the rooming house, who does he fantasize about until he falls asleep?
3. Why does Genevieve tell Sonny he should take money from his father sometimes?
4. What does Jacy say about premarital sex?
5. What player does Coach Popper kiss on the ear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Sonny feels depressed that he isn't in the army?
2. Why does Sam always take Sonny and Billy to the poorly stocked tank to go fishing?
3. Why do you think Lois decides to sleep with Sonny?
4. What keeps bothering Ruth so much that she can't enjoy making love with Sonny?
5. Why does Jacy ask Sonny to marry her?
6. How does Sonny feel after he comes back from Fort Worth?
7. Do you think that Abilene gets an ego boost by coming to Thalia? Please cite examples from the book.
8. Why do you think there is tension between Sonny and his father?
9. What happens on the school bus on the way back to Thalia High School?
10. Explain the ways that Sonny and Dwayne's friendship resembles a marriage.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)