|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coach Popper gets mad when only how many players show up for practice?
2. Who do Sonny and Dwayne eat with at the all-night diner?
3. Who does Jacy find her mother kissing in the foyer?
(b) Coach Popper.
4. Which player receives an elbow to the groin during the basketball game?
5. Sonny's father is now what?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A construction worker.
(c) A high school principal.
(d) A prescription drug addict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is knocked unconscious during the first basketball game?
2. What event takes place a week before Christmas that everyone will attend?
3. Ruth says that she has to have an operation for what?
4. What does Coach Popper say that he could have bought with what he has spent on Ruth's pills?
5. Coach Popper asks Sonny to drive Ruth to the doctor in what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Sonny goes and sees Ruth at the end of the book?
2. What is the Farrow's true money situation?
3. Why is Jacy upset with her mother at the annual square dance?
4. Even though Sonny has a crush on Genevieve, how does she feel about him?
5. Why do you think Sonny reacts the way that he does to the men trying to console the truck driver?
6. After Jacy is with Abilene she has a pivotal moment that she shares with her mom Lois. What is it?
7. When Coach Popper is upset about only having nine boys show up for basketball practice, what does Coach Popper make the team do?
8. Why do you think Coach Popper didn't tell Ruth that Sonny would be driving her to the doctor?
9. How does Sonny feel after he comes back from Fort Worth?
10. Why does Sonny make a connection with Ruth?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)