|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport can the Thalia students play if they don't sneak off for lunch?
2. Who throws the basketball at the back of Mr. Wean's head and knocks him out?
(a) Coach Popper.
3. Who is knocked unconscious during the first basketball game?
4. When Sonny gets back to the rooming house, who does he fantasize about until he falls asleep?
5. Who do Sonny and Dwayne play pool with in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Lois lose to Abilene in craps?
2. What happens to Sonny's mother?
3. How much money do Sonny and Dwayne have when they go to the cafe for breakfast?
4. After Lois has a talk with Jacy about Dwayne, what does Lois do for the rest of the night?
5. Of all the people that have a crush on Genevieve, who is her favorite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that Abilene gets an ego boost by coming to Thalia? Please cite examples from the book.
2. How does Sonny feel after he comes back from Fort Worth?
3. Which character seems to be a father figure to the boy characters? Give an example of him playing this role from the story.
4. Why is Jacy upset with her mother at the annual square dance?
5. Why does Genevieve tell Sonny that it is Dwayne's tough luck that he is with Jacy?
6. Why does Genevieve say that she and her husband quit being friends with the Farrows?
7. It is Sonny and Charlene's anniversary in Chapter 2. What does Charlene demand that Sonny give her for their anniversary? What does Sonny actually give her?
8. Why does Sonny make a connection with Ruth?
9. What keeps bothering Ruth so much that she can't enjoy making love with Sonny?
10. Why do you think there is tension between Sonny and his father?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)