|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What player does Coach Popper kiss on the ear?
2. Who are the only characters to celebrate an anniversary in the book during Chapter 2?
(a) Sam and Abilene.
(b) Billy and Marlene.
(c) Charlene and Sonny.
(d) Dwayne and Jacy.
3. Why does Genevieve tell Sonny he should take money from his father sometimes?
(a) It would make Sonny's father feel good.
(b) Sonny can give the money to Genevieve.
(c) Sonny can give the money to his mother.
(d) Sonny needs the money.
4. Who does Jacy go to the country club dance with?
5. What does Genevieve say that Dwayne lacks?
(a) Good parents.
(b) A nice house.
(c) The decency to take his fair punishment.
(d) A decent girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to sleep with the prostitute in Chapter 7?
2. What class does Coach Popper teach at the high school?
3. When Sonny kisses Ruth, where are they?
4. Who is Jacy attracted to in Wichita?
5. Who drives the cattle truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sonny not go back to see Ruth after his first night out with Jacy?
2. It is Sonny and Charlene's anniversary in Chapter 2. What does Charlene demand that Sonny give her for their anniversary? What does Sonny actually give her?
3. Why do you think there is tension between Sonny and his father?
4. Why did Sam never marry the girl from the tank?
5. Why does Sonny feel bad about Billy and Sam?
6. When Coach Popper is upset about only having nine boys show up for basketball practice, what does Coach Popper make the team do?
7. Between the glue mixed in with the foot-toughener and the towel fights, does Coach Popper have inappropriate behavior? What do you think these actions reveal about Coach Popper's character that is not necessarily given to us in the text?
8. Why does Genevieve tell Sonny that it is Dwayne's tough luck that he is with Jacy?
9. What is Lois' purpose in telling Jacy not to marry Dwayne?
10. What can students do during lunch at Thalia High if they don't sneak off?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)