|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What player does Coach Popper kiss on the ear?
2. The referee for the basketball game is a teacher of what class at Thalia High School?
(b) Home economics.
3. Who drives the nicest car in Thalia?
4. Where do Dwayne and Jacy sneak off to lunch everyday to court for one year?
(a) The all-night cafe.
(b) The lake.
(c) The pool hall.
(d) Dwayne's home.
5. Sonny doesn't get back from the ranch with the butane tank until almost what time?
(a) 12 a.m.
(b) 11 p.m.
(c) 1 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sonny is thinking he would rather be dating who while watching the movie at the picture show?
2. What sport do Sonny and Dwayne feel obligated to come out for?
3. Genevieve's husband was injured in what kind of an accident?
4. Who throws the basketball at the back of Mr. Wean's head and knocks him out?
5. What does Genevieve say that Dwayne lacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though Sonny has a crush on Genevieve, how does she feel about him?
2. Why do you think Sonny and Dwayne choose to live above the pool hall?
3. After Jacy is with Abilene she has a pivotal moment that she shares with her mom Lois. What is it?
4. Why do you think Sonny feels depressed that he isn't in the army?
5. Why do you think Billy helps Sonny with his loneliness?
6. Between the glue mixed in with the foot-toughener and the towel fights, does Coach Popper have inappropriate behavior? What do you think these actions reveal about Coach Popper's character that is not necessarily given to us in the text?
7. Why do you think Sonny isn't mad at Dwayne for getting him beaten up?
8. What is Lois' purpose in telling Jacy not to marry Dwayne?
9. Why does Jacy decide to make an ally of Sonny?
10. Describe the incident with Coach Popper in the hotel room with Bobby Logan.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)