|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport can the Thalia students play if they don't sneak off for lunch?
2. Which character had three young sons who died before age eighteen?
3. Where do all the boys go to get drunk?
(b) All-night cafe.
(c) The picture house.
(d) The pool hall.
4. The referee for the basketball game is a teacher of what class at Thalia High School?
(b) Home economics.
5. After Lois has a talk with Jacy about Dwayne, what does Lois drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. Genevieve's husband was injured in what kind of an accident?
2. Genevieve has _________ sons and _________ daughters.
3. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene she makes him give her back what?
4. What sport do Sonny and Dwayne feel obligated to come out for?
5. What does Coach Popper tell Ruth when she asks him to bring her a pain pill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Genevieve tell Sonny that it is Dwayne's tough luck that he is with Jacy?
2. What can students do during lunch at Thalia High if they don't sneak off?
3. Why is Jacy upset with her mother at the annual square dance?
4. Why do you think Sonny feels depressed that he isn't in the army?
5. Why do you think Sonny reacts the way that he does to the men trying to console the truck driver?
6. Why is Coach Popper's class the most popular at Thalia High School?
7. What is tearing Dwayne and Jacy apart in Chapter 13?
8. Why do you think Coach Popper didn't tell Ruth that Sonny would be driving her to the doctor?
9. Describe the incident with Coach Popper in the hotel room with Bobby Logan.
10. Why does Lois tell Jacy she should not marry Dwayne?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)