|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Genevieve make Sonny wait for Sam during his first time back to the cafe after being banned?
(a) He deserves more punishment.
(b) Because Sam asked her to.
(c) She likes to see confrontations.
(d) It is time that they made up.
2. Where does Jacy want to go to school?
3. Why does Sonny tell Genevieve that he is blue?
(a) There is no one for Sonny to go out with in Thalia.
(b) Sonny misses his mother.
(c) Sonny is upset about breaking up with Charlene.
(d) Sonny misses his father.
4. After Lois has a talk with Jacy about Dwayne, what does Lois do for the rest of the night?
(a) Goes to the all-night cafe.
(b) Goes to find Abilene.
(c) Goes to find Dwayne.
(d) Watch a movie on TV.
5. Sonny plays what sport in high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What player does Coach Popper kiss on the ear?
2. Which three characters are the only characters to go to a drive-in in the book during Chapter 4?
3. Which Thalia sports team is considered the worst in the state?
4. Who throws the basketball at the back of Mr. Wean's head and knocks him out?
5. Who drives the nicest car in Thalia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sonny feel bad about Billy and Sam?
2. Even though Sonny has a crush on Genevieve, how does she feel about him?
3. Why does Sonny not go back to see Ruth after his first night out with Jacy?
4. What happens after Dwayne fights Lester?
5. What seems to be some of the favorite pastimes in Thalia?
6. Why do you think Sonny goes and sees Ruth at the end of the book?
7. Why is Jacy upset with her mother at the annual square dance?
8. Why do you think there is tension between Sonny and his father?
9. What happens when Ruth finds out that her husband had Mr. Cecil fired?
10. Why is Coach Popper's class the most popular at Thalia High School?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)