|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Thalia sports team is considered the worst in the state?
2. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene she makes him give her back what?
(b) A shirt.
(c) A tape.
(d) A poem.
3. What happens to Sonny's mother?
(a) Died of a drug overdose.
(b) Left when he was a baby.
(c) Died in a car accident.
(d) Died during childbirth.
4. Ruth asks Sonny into her house for what?
(a) Bourbon and cake.
(b) Bourbon and cookies.
(c) Coke and cookies.
(d) Coke and cake.
5. Who are the only characters to celebrate an anniversary in the book during Chapter 2?
(a) Sam and Abilene.
(b) Billy and Marlene.
(c) Dwayne and Jacy.
(d) Charlene and Sonny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport do Sonny and Dwayne feel obligated to come out for?
2. How long are Dwayne and Jacy necking in the car?
3. What does Ruth compare Sonny to in her mind after they sleep together?
4. Who does Sonny see inside the cafe with Genevieve?
5. What does Coach Popper always do at the beginning of class?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do you think Sonny feels after he breaks up with Charlene?
2. Why do you think Sonny goes and sees Ruth at the end of the book?
3. Why does Sonny not enjoy himself at the football game?
4. Explain the exchange between Ruth and Dwayne at the annual square dance.
5. Why is Jacy upset with her mother at the annual square dance?
6. Explain what happens during the basketball game between Thalia High School and Paducah High School.
7. Describe the incident with Coach Popper in the hotel room with Bobby Logan.
8. What is Lois' purpose in telling Jacy not to marry Dwayne?
9. What do Sonny and Jacy do on their wedding night?
10. Which character seems to be a father figure to the boy characters? Give an example of him playing this role from the story.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)