|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sonny doesn't get back from the ranch with the butane tank until almost what time?
(a) 10 p.m.
(b) 11 p.m.
(c) 1 a.m.
(d) 12 a.m.
2. How much money does Lester lose to Abilene while playing pool before the annual square dance?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Two hundred and eighty dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
3. Who does Sonny think about while trying to fall asleep the night of the annual square dance?
(a) Jimmie Sue.
4. What happens when Ruth and Sonny come home from the doctor in Chapter 11?
(a) He kisses her goodbye and leaves.
(b) They sleep together.
(c) Coach Popper is waiting for them.
(d) Ruth cries.
5. Which three characters are the only characters to go to a drive-in in the book during Chapter 4?
(a) Sonny, Jacy, and Charlene.
(b) Dwayne, Sonny, and Charlene.
(c) Dwayne, Jacy, and Charlene.
(d) Dwayne, Sonny, and Jacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth says that she has to have an operation for what?
2. Who does Sonny see inside the cafe with Genevieve?
3. Why does Sonny tell Genevieve that he is blue?
4. When Coach Popper wakes up from sleeping on the bus, what does he find that upsets him?
5. Who drives the cattle truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ruth finds out that her husband had Mr. Cecil fired?
2. What happens to Joe Bob when he is supposed to preach?
3. Why does Jacy second guess dumping Dwayne?
4. Which character seems to be a father figure to the boy characters? Give an example of him playing this role from the story.
5. Why does Genevieve say that she and her husband quit being friends with the Farrows?
6. Why is Jacy upset with her mother at the annual square dance?
7. Why does Sonny not enjoy himself at the football game?
8. Why do you think Lois decides to sleep with Sonny?
9. What is the Farrow's true money situation?
10. What can students do during lunch at Thalia High if they don't sneak off?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)