|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sonny realizes that Charlene would rather be dating who while watching the movie at the picture show?
2. Which three characters are the only characters to go to a drive-in in the book during Chapter 4?
(a) Dwayne, Jacy, and Charlene.
(b) Sonny, Jacy, and Charlene.
(c) Dwayne, Sonny, and Charlene.
(d) Dwayne, Sonny, and Jacy.
3. Who does Jacy go to the country club dance with?
4. After Lois has a talk with Jacy about Dwayne, what does Lois drink?
5. Who does Jacy find her mother kissing in the foyer?
(d) Coach Popper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sonny tell Genevieve that he is blue?
2. Which character uses pills to get to sleep?
3. Which player does the team trick with glue mixed with the foot-toughener?
4. What does Genevieve say that Dwayne lacks?
5. What does Ruth compare Sonny to in her mind after they sleep together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Dwayne believes he is still going to marry Jacy?
2. What do Sonny and Jacy do on their wedding night?
3. What does Genevieve say that is bad about Dwayne to Sonny?
4. Explain the ways that Sonny and Dwayne's friendship resembles a marriage.
5. After Jacy is with Abilene she has a pivotal moment that she shares with her mom Lois. What is it?
6. Why did Sam never marry the girl from the tank?
7. Do you think that everyone in Thalia figured out that Lois was in love with Sam by how she behaved at the funeral?
8. What happens after Dwayne fights Lester?
9. Why do you think there is tension between Sonny and his father?
10. Why does Jacy decide to make an ally of Sonny?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)