|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam say when Sonny asks if Sam knew about Sonny and Ruth?
(a) Sam says no.
(b) Sam says yes.
(c) Sam says you are joking.
(d) Sam says what are you talking about?
2. Why do Sonny and Dwayne leave the picture show early?
(a) They are plagued by memories of Jacy.
(b) They are plagued by memories of Sam.
(c) They are plagued by the memory that it is shutting down.
(d) They want to go and talk.
3. Why did Lois not marry Sam?
(a) He didn't have enough money.
(b) She didn't want to.
(c) Her parents didn't approve.
(d) Sam wouldn't let her leave Gene.
4. What is the name of the brothel that Dwayne and Sonny go to?
(a) Tiki Tiki.
(b) Cabaret LuLu.
(c) Santa Maria.
(d) Cabaret ZeeZee.
5. Who tells Sonny and Dwayne that Sam has died?
6. How much money do Dwayne and Sonny discover they have between them?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Almost a hundred dollars.
(c) Almost two hundred dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
7. What does John's family do when they find out he was fired for being homosexual?
(a) She goes to the school.
(b) His wife leaves him and takes their daughters.
(c) She goes to the Popper residence.
(d) She stands by his side.
8. Where are Jacy and Sonny married?
(a) On the lake.
(b) In an alley.
(c) On a front porch.
(d) In a pool hall.
9. What jailhouse do Sonny and Jacy go to?
10. What do Dwayne and Sonny see for the first time on their trip?
(a) The desert.
(b) The ocean.
(d) Rio Grande.
11. Who does Jacy end up having sex with at the pool hall?
12. Who does Jacy invite to have a hamburger with her?
13. Who does Sam leave the pool hall to?
(a) Sonny and Dwayne.
(b) Lester and Billy.
(c) Billy and Sonny.
(d) Billy and Dwayne.
14. What does Sam say when Sonny asks for advice about Ruth?
(a) He has never known what to do about women.
(b) He says he doesn't like Coach Popper.
(c) He says he is wrong.
(d) He says he is right.
15. Do Sam and his friends catch a lot of fish?
(a) They can't keep up with all of the fish.
(b) They catch a medium amount of fish.
(c) They rarely catch anything.
(d) It is the best fishing around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with the Thalia football team?
2. Who does Sonny lean on for emotional support after he feels lonely attending his first football game after graduating?
3. Who keeps standing outside the picture show waiting for it to reopen?
4. Whose house does Sonny visit at the end of the book?
5. Who gets arrested for rape?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)