|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sonny's eye get hurt?
(a) Dwayne slaps his beer bottle in Sonny's eye.
(b) Dwayne punches him in the eye.
(c) He falls during the fight and hits it on the corner of the bar.
(d) Dwayne kicks him in the eye.
2. When Dwayne comes home from boot camp how does he hook up with Sonny?
(a) Dwayne meets up with Sonny at the pool hall.
(b) Dwayne meets up with Sonny at the picture show.
(c) Sonny meets Dwayne at the football game.
(d) Sonny goes and sees Dwayne at the rooming house.
3. What does Dwayne tell Sonny during their trip together when Dwayne is home for the first time since leaving?
(a) That he is dying.
(b) That he is going blind.
(c) That he is going to live in Wichita.
(d) That he knows about Sonny and Jacy.
4. Who does Jacy invite to have a hamburger with her?
5. Why does Sonny feel sad after watching his first football game as an alumni?
(a) He misses Dwayne.
(b) He is graduated from high school and doesn't feel like he is a part of the town.
(c) He misses Lois.
(d) He misses Jacy.
6. What does Sam die of?
(b) Car Accident.
(d) Heart Attack.
7. What kind of car is Dwayne driving?
8. What does Jacy say to Ruth at the grocery store?
(a) That she is sleeping with Sonny.
(b) That she thought Ruth left town for the summer.
(c) That Sonny doesn't like Ruth.
(d) That Ruth looks horrible.
9. Jacy starts dating who at the beginning of the summer?
(b) Coach Popper.
10. What do Dwayne and Sonny see for the first time on their trip?
(a) The desert.
(b) The ocean.
(d) Rio Grande.
11. Do Sam and his friends catch a lot of fish?
(a) They can't keep up with all of the fish.
(b) It is the best fishing around.
(c) They catch a medium amount of fish.
(d) They rarely catch anything.
12. Why do Sonny and Dwayne leave the picture show early?
(a) They are plagued by the memory that it is shutting down.
(b) They are plagued by memories of Jacy.
(c) They are plagued by memories of Sam.
(d) They want to go and talk.
13. Who does Sam leave the pool hall to?
(a) Billy and Dwayne.
(b) Billy and Sonny.
(c) Sonny and Dwayne.
(d) Lester and Billy.
14. How much money do Dwayne and Sonny discover they have between them?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Almost a hundred dollars.
(c) Almost two hundred dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
15. What does John's family do when they find out he was fired for being homosexual?
(a) She stands by his side.
(b) She goes to the school.
(c) His wife leaves him and takes their daughters.
(d) She goes to the Popper residence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dwayne changes his profession to what?
2. What does John do when Ruth tells him what really happened?
3. What does Sonny buy for Billy when the picture show is shut down?
4. At the end of the senior trip, what does Jacy do?
5. Who gets married during the summer?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)