|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws the basketball at the back of Mr. Wean's head and knocks him out?
(b) Coach Popper.
2. Even though it is Charlene's curfew she suggests that she and Sonny go where?
(a) To the bar.
(b) To the cafe.
(c) To the lake.
(d) To the pool hall.
3. Why does Sonny decide to go to the cafe for the first time since Sam told him he was not allowed?
(a) He can't stay away from Genevieve any longer.
(b) Because Sam will be sleeping.
(c) Because he likes confrontation.
(d) Dwayne asks him to meet him there.
4. What player does Coach Popper kiss on the ear?
5. Ruth asks Sonny into her house for what?
(a) Coke and cake.
(b) Bourbon and cake.
(c) Bourbon and cookies.
(d) Coke and cookies.
6. What is guarding the butane tank?
(a) Nine guard dogs.
(b) A security guard with a gun.
(c) Three guard dogs.
(d) A padlocked fence.
7. Sonny doesn't get back from the ranch with the butane tank until almost what time?
(a) 11 p.m.
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) 12 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
8. Sonny's father is injured how?
(a) Tractor accident.
(c) Oil rig accident.
(d) Car accident.
9. What does Coach Popper say that he could have bought with what he has spent on Ruth's pills?
(a) A new car.
(b) A new gun.
(c) A dog.
(d) Golf clubs.
10. Why does Jacy tell Dwayne she is going to Wichita?
(a) She wants to.
(b) Her mother insists upon it.
(c) She has met some new girlfriends.
(d) She needs to go for her health.
11. Coach Popper has inappropriate contact with which player?
(a) Joe Bob.
(b) Bobby Logan.
12. What does Sonny eat at the cafe during his first time back since being banned?
(a) Two tacos.
(b) Two cheeseburgers.
(c) Two chicken fried steaks.
(d) Two hotdogs.
13. Sonny's father is now what?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A prescription drug addict.
(c) A high school principal.
(d) A construction worker.
14. What class does Coach Popper teach at the high school?
15. Why does Sonny tell Genevieve that he is blue?
(a) Sonny is upset about breaking up with Charlene.
(b) Sonny misses his mother.
(c) Sonny misses his father.
(d) There is no one for Sonny to go out with in Thalia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sonny think about while trying to fall asleep the night of the annual square dance?
2. After Lois has a talk with Jacy about Dwayne, what does Lois drink?
3. Who always bets for the Thalia football team to win?
4. How does Sonny feel about being done with Charlene?
5. Where does Jacy want to go to school?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)