|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sonny and Dwayne eat at the all-night diner?
(a) Tacos and beans.
(b) Eggs and sausage.
(c) Chicken fried steak.
(d) Cheeseburger and fries.
2. What does Ruth compare Sonny to in her mind after they sleep together?
(a) Her first boyfriend.
(b) The next door neighbor.
(c) The child that she always wanted.
(d) Coach Popper.
3. Sonny doesn't get back from the ranch with the butane tank until almost what time?
(a) 10 p.m.
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 12 a.m.
4. Who has to take daily naps for their heart condition?
5. How long does Sonny wait due to the butane tank being guarded?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One hour.
6. Who drives the cattle truck?
7. Ruth asks Sonny into her house for what?
(a) Bourbon and cake.
(b) Coke and cake.
(c) Bourbon and cookies.
(d) Coke and cookies.
8. Who plays the best game of pool in Thalia?
9. Who does Sonny see inside the cafe with Genevieve?
(b) His father.
10. Which three characters are the only characters to go to a drive-in in the book during Chapter 4?
(a) Dwayne, Sonny, and Jacy.
(b) Sonny, Jacy, and Charlene.
(c) Dwayne, Sonny, and Charlene.
(d) Dwayne, Jacy, and Charlene.
11. Ruth says that she has to have an operation for what?
(a) Remove a tumor from her leg.
(b) Remove a tumor from her ovary.
(c) Remove a tumor from her breast.
(d) Remove a tumor from her lung.
12. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene she makes him give her back what?
(b) A shirt.
(c) A tape.
(d) A poem.
13. Sonny's father is now what?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A prescription drug addict.
(c) A construction worker.
(d) A high school principal.
14. Genevieve has _________ sons and _________ daughters.
(a) Two, two.
(b) Two, one.
(c) Three, three.
(d) Two, zero.
15. Who drives the nicest car in Thalia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who withdraws from the sex with the blind heifer competition the boys have after the annual square dance?
2. When Coach Popper wakes up from sleeping on the bus, what does he find that upsets him?
3. What event takes place a week before Christmas that everyone will attend?
4. What bothers Ruth while being intimate?
5. Which character is found sweeping a lot?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)