|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bobby stop and not sleep with Jacy?
(a) He feels bad about his girlfriend.
(b) She is a virgin.
(c) His parents come home.
(d) He feels bad about Dwayne.
2. What does Ruth see that makes her grip with panic?
(a) Coach Popper watching Sonny kiss her.
(b) Coach Popper kissing a player.
(c) Sonny riding in Jacy's convertible.
(d) Her house caught on fire.
3. Where does Jacy want to go to school?
4. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene she makes him give her back what?
(a) A shirt.
(c) A poem.
(d) A tape.
5. Which Thalia sports team is considered the worst in the state?
6. What bothers Ruth while being intimate?
(a) A clothespin stuck under her.
(b) The ticking of the clock.
(c) The sounds Sonny makes.
(d) The bed squeaking loudly.
7. What is the only class that Sonny and Dwayne try to stay awake for in high school?
8. Who does Jacy find her mother kissing in the foyer?
(c) Coach Popper.
9. Which character had three young sons who died before age eighteen?
10. What does Sonny say to Sam when he sees him at the cafe after being banned?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He blames the other boys.
(c) He says that Sam is not being fair.
(d) He tells him that he won't stay away.
11. Of all the people that have a crush on Genevieve, who is her favorite?
(b) Sonny's father.
12. What player does Coach Popper kiss on the ear?
13. Sonny plays what sport in high school?
14. Why does Sonny decide to go to the cafe for the first time since Sam told him he was not allowed?
(a) He can't stay away from Genevieve any longer.
(b) Because he likes confrontation.
(c) Because Sam will be sleeping.
(d) Dwayne asks him to meet him there.
15. When Sonny breaks up with Charlene, she gives him back what?
(a) A tape.
(b) His football jacket.
(c) A ring.
(d) A pin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sonny see inside the cafe with Genevieve?
2. How does Sonny feel about being done with Charlene?
3. Who takes care of the mentally slow Billy?
4. Who are the only characters to celebrate an anniversary in the book during Chapter 2?
5. What happens when Ruth and Sonny come home from the doctor in Chapter 11?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)