Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Sonny played football for Thalia High School.
* Sam owns the pool hall, the picture show, and the all-night cafe.
* Sam is getting older in age and has the role of a father figure to the boys in town.
* Sam took in Billy, who is mentally slow.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* Abilene has more money then the...
This section contains 1,669 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)