|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sifting through the Embers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following animals are mentioned in the book, Last Chance to See, except for which of the following?
(b) Komodo dragon.
2. According to Adams in Twig Technology, Antananarivo is pronounced ________.
3. What is the name of the arrogant Frenchman in chapter Rare, or Medium Rare, who Adams, Carwardine and Richard detest instantly?
4. Mark Carwardine explains that the best way to catch a Komodo dragon is to have a ________ that has been dead for ________ days.
(a) Camel / 2.
(b) Goat / 3.
(c) Snake / 7.
(d) Llama / 6.
5. According to Carwardine, what does a Kakapo tracker do when there aren't any Kakapo that need tracking?
(a) They kill cats.
(b) They kill alligators.
(c) They eat and sleep.
(d) They breed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tiny, idyllic, rain-forest island just off the northeast coast of Madagascar?
2. Why did Adams and Carwardine need to buy a condom in chapter Blind Panic?
3. A little-known fact revealed in the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night, is that one of the more dangerous animals in Africa is the ________.
4. On the expedition, whose job was it to turn up with a suitcase and try to remember what happened long enough to write it down?
5. ________ are the white trails along cliffs where a bird has been sitting, according to chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)