|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sifting through the Embers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did the pharmacie's in Zaire not carry that bewildered Adams in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
2. According to Mark Carwardine, a staggering ________ have been found and identified so far.
(a) 9.5 million.
(b) 1 billion.
(c) 1.4 million.
3. According to a letter Carwardine received, at 08.45 hours on ________, one of the dog handlers, Alan Munn, and his English Setter, 'Ari' located a new female kakapo near Lees Knob.
(a) July 24, 1977.
(b) November 9, 1998.
(c) September 4, 1999.
(d) August 25, 1989.
4. What animal is found in New Guinea and has a long and skeletal thin fourth finger?
(a) The long-fingered possum.
5. Which environment alone contains half the world's species of animals and plants, according to Carwardine?
(d) Rain Forests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat informs the reader that by the ________ independence movements were sweeping across Africa.
2. Who knows more about Kakapos than anyone else in the world, according to Adams?
3. Adams and Carwardine also received a letter from Kes Hillman-Smith in Zaire, saying that ________ baby Northern White rhinos had been born in Garamba since they left, bringing the total population up to ________.
4. Who has long been discredited as a bourgeois capitalist running-dog lackey, according to the chapter Blind Panic?
5. The trips found in Last Chance to See were recorded for ________.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)