|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sifting through the Embers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term used in Rare, or Medium Rare describes when a bird hatches from its egg and falls in love with the first thing that feeds it?
2. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for the six remaining books?
(a) 6 sacks of diamonds.
(b) 1 sack of gold.
(c) 2 sacks of gold.
(d) 2 sacks of diamonds.
3. Who was the premier expert on the endangered baiji described as a polite, kindly man about 60 years old, working at Nanjing University?
(a) Dr. Hillman-Smith.
(b) Professor Zhou.
(c) Jurgen Langer.
(d) Ros Aveling.
4. Twig Technology says that the Kakapo lives in what country?
(a) New Amsterdam.
(b) New Finland.
(c) New Guinea.
(d) New Zealand.
5. What animal is found in New Guinea and has a long and skeletal thin fourth finger?
(a) The long-fingered possum.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Virunga Volcanoes border the following countries except for which one?
2. Carl Jones expresses that he hates ________ in the chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
3. Twig Technology declared that there are less than ________ Northern White rhinos left, and there's a desperate battle going on to save them from the poachers.
4. Adams informs the reader that "Moose" was short for ________.
5. Who wrote Douglas and Mark a letter soon after they returned to England about the kakapo's slow road to recovery?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)