|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sifting through the Embers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a quarter of her books?
(a) 3 sacks of diamonds.
(b) 4 sacks of diamonds.
(c) 9 sacks of diamonds.
(d) 4 sacks of gold.
2. ________ nest is the first encouraging sign that the kakapo project is actually working according to Mark's Epilogue.
3. Other than Madagascar, where else does the Aye-aye live?
(b) New Zealand.
4. Who was the freelance Kakapo tracker working for the New Zealand Department of Conservation?
5. Dr. Sutherland explains that the most poisonous spider is the ________, which bites about five hundred people a year.
(a) Sydney Funnel-web.
(c) Brown Recluse.
(d) Black Widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did the pharmacie's in Zaire not carry that bewildered Adams in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
2. What is the name of Arab's specially-trained and muzzled dog?
3. ________, a vast tract of mountainous terrain that occupies the southwest corner of South Island, ________, is one of the most astounding pieces of land anywhere on God's earth, according to Douglas Adams.
4. How much was the old beggar woman asking for in return for a single book at the end of Sifting Through the Embers?
5. What was the name of the spectacular remnant of the days when Shanghai was one of the most glamorous and cosmopolitan ports in the world?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)