|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sifting through the Embers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Adams explains that once, before New Zealand was inhabited by humans, there were hundreds of thousands of ________.
(d) Komodo dragons.
2. Adams expresses that if you took the whole of ________, scrunched it up a bit, shook out all the moose and reindeer, hurled it ten thousand miles around the world, and filled it with birds, then you'd be wasting your time, because it looks as if someone has already done it.
3. ________ are the white trails along cliffs where a bird has been sitting, according to chapter Rare, or Medium Rare.
4. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
5. When Adams wrote Last Chance to See, there were ________ human beings on earth.
(a) 2 trillion.
(b) 5 billion.
(c) 10 million.
(d) 1 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator explains in Twig Technology that monkeys are ambitious and interested in all sorts of things, especially ________, with which they found they could do all kinds of things that they couldn't do by themselves.
2. According to Adams, the term "fed up" actually comes from ________.
3. ________, a vast tract of mountainous terrain that occupies the southwest corner of South Island, ________, is one of the most astounding pieces of land anywhere on God's earth, according to Douglas Adams.
4. According to the narrator in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, where in Zaire do the mountain gorillas live?
5. After being rejected by the towns people, the old beggar woman burned ________ books.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)