|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Heartbeats in the Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tiny, idyllic, rain-forest island just off the northeast coast of Madagascar?
(a) Nosy Mangabe.
2. Bill Black claims he has flown in Fiordland for ________ years.
3. What was the name of the village in the foothills of the Virungas, which marks the point where the road finally gives up, and from which Adams and Carwardine had to travel on by foot?
4. According to Douglas Adams, there are ________ species of lemurs on Madagascar.
5. Douglas Adams explains that "one of the characteristics that laymen find most odd about zoologists is their insatiable enthusiasm for ________."
(a) Animal droppings.
(b) Animal hair.
(c) Animal fossils.
(d) Animal breeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following are names of the Kakapos on the Little Barrier Island, except for which of the following?
2. Mark Carwardine explains that there are more _________ per square meter of ground on Komodo than in any equivalent area on earth.
3. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
4. Adams informs the reader that a young female gorilla called ________, caught her hand in a wire antelope snare and eventually died of septicemia in August 1988.
5. In the beginning of Twig Technology, the narrator reveals that he went to what country?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)