|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Heartbeats in the Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
(a) Threatened Apes / 2.
(b) Exotic Apes / 9.
(c) Albino Apes / 6.
(d) Great Apes / 3.
2. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
3. Adams informs the reader that a young female gorilla called ________, caught her hand in a wire antelope snare and eventually died of septicemia in August 1988.
4. What animal is the world's largest, fattest, and least able-to-fly parrot?
(c) Elephant birds.
5. Dr. Sutherland explains that the most poisonous spider is the ________, which bites about five hundred people a year.
(a) Sydney Funnel-web.
(b) Brown Recluse.
(c) Black Widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat informs the reader that by the ________ independence movements were sweeping across Africa.
2. What was the nearly extinct form of lemur called that Mark and Douglas went to search for in Twig Technology?
3. Douglas Adams explains that "one of the characteristics that laymen find most odd about zoologists is their insatiable enthusiasm for ________."
4. What term was used Heartbeats of the Night to describe an animal who doesn't like other animals?
5. According to Douglas Adams, there are no ________ in Madagascar or in Papua New Guinea.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)