|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Heartbeats in the Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat asserts that the other ________ are the gorillas, of which there are ________ subspecies.
(a) Exotic Apes / 9.
(b) Threatened Apes / 2.
(c) Albino Apes / 6.
(d) Great Apes / 3.
2. What is the name of the warden's wife on Little Barrier Island's?
3. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
(a) Helmut and Kurt.
(b) Kes and Fraser.
(c) Murara and Serundori.
(d) Arab and Zhou.
4. Which two people meet Adams and Carwardine at the airport who are described as small, willowy-slim, healthy looking Indonesians?
(a) Bill and Scout.
(b) Stella and Liam.
(c) Tori and Dean.
(d) Kiri and Moose.
5. What is the name of the tiny, idyllic, rain-forest island just off the northeast coast of Madagascar?
(a) Nosy Mangabe.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the agent at the Merpati Airlines, there were ________ people booked on Adams and Carwardine's return flight to Bali.
2. Bill Black claims he has flown in Fiordland for ________ years.
3. What does DOC stand for as it relates to the chapter, Heartbeats in the Night?
4. The narrator states in the chapter Here Be Chickens, "I knew that if I were a mariner in unknown waters, the first thing I would write on my charts at this moment would be 'Here Be ________.'"
5. Adams expresses that if you took the whole of ________, scrunched it up a bit, shook out all the moose and reindeer, hurled it ten thousand miles around the world, and filled it with birds, then you'd be wasting your time, because it looks as if someone has already done it.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)