|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Heartbeats in the Night.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Sutherland explains that the most poisonous spider is the ________, which bites about five hundred people a year.
(a) Brown Recluse.
(c) Sydney Funnel-web.
(d) Black Widow.
2. What guide did Adams and Carwardine expect to have in the chapter Here Be Chickens?
(b) Bill Black.
(c) Mr. Condo.
(d) Gary "Arab" Aburn.
3. Who was the man in Melbourne who Adams claim knew more about poisonous snakes than anyone else on earth?
(a) Dr. Jean Astruc.
(b) Dr. Christiaan Barnard
(c) Dr. Struan Sutherland.
(d) Dr. Charles R. Drew.
4. What was the name of the two smooth characters dressed in military camouflage and black berets, who slouched across the table languidly caressing their rifles in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat?
(a) Murara and Serundori.
(b) Ros and Roberto.
(c) Boss and Conrad.
(d) Zhou and Aartee.
5. ________ is on the island of Flores and is the nearest port to Komodo.
(c) Labuan Bajo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Twig Technology declared that there are less than ________ Northern White rhinos left, and there's a desperate battle going on to save them from the poachers.
2. The Virunga Volcanoes border the following countries except for which one?
3. Douglas Adams reveals that the country eventually changed its name from the Belgian Congo to Zaire in what year?
4. Mark Carwardine states that the "________ is an incredibly complex system, but when you're actually standing in it, it looks half-empty."
5. The children on Labuan Bajo in chapter Here Be Chickens were playing with a one-legged ________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)