|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first thing Adams and Carwardine saw in the Zaire customs hut was a picture of a ________.
(a) Komodo dragon.
(c) Baiji river dolphin.
2. Douglas Adams explains that "one of the characteristics that laymen find most odd about zoologists is their insatiable enthusiasm for ________."
(a) Animal droppings.
(b) Animal breeding.
(c) Animal fossils.
(d) Animal hair.
3. In Here Be Chickens, room service told Adams and Carwardine that the ________ would be a handy thing to have when looking for man-eating lizards.
(a) Cricket bat.
(c) Pepper spray.
(d) Bow and arrow.
4. What was the name of the BBC sound engineer that accompanied Douglas Adams and Mark Carwardine?
(a) Liu Renjun.
(b) Robert Giusti.
(c) John Fontana.
(d) Chris Muir.
5. Who are the two stereotypically superior, young German tourists in Zaïre who go with Adams and Carwardine on their search for mountain gorillas?
(a) Arab and Zhou.
(b) Helmut and Kurt.
(c) Kes and Fraser.
(d) Murara and Serundori.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, where in Zaire do the mountain gorillas live?
2. Who was the man in Melbourne who Adams claim knew more about poisonous snakes than anyone else on earth?
3. According to Adams, there are ________ Northern White rhinoceros in Czechoslovakia.
4. What animal is found in New Guinea and has a long and skeletal thin fourth finger?
5. All of the following marine creatures are more poisonous than anything on land except for which of the following?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)