|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Leopard-Skin Pillbox Hat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in the chapter Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat, where in Zaire do the mountain gorillas live?
(a) Buldir Volcano.
(b) Amak Volcano.
(c) The Virunga Volcanoes.
(d) Cold Bay Volcano.
2. In Twig Technology, the narrator details how his airplane, full of ________ descendants arrived at ________ airport.
(a) Dutch / Narrabri.
(b) German / Bubaque.
(c) Christian / Inagua.
(d) Monkey / Antananarivo.
3. Mark Carwardine explains that the best way to catch a Komodo dragon is to have a ________ that has been dead for ________ days.
(a) Llama / 6.
(b) Snake / 7.
(c) Goat / 3.
(d) Camel / 2.
4. In the chapter Here Be Chickens, Adam and Carwardine board a boat that was a twenty-three-foot fishing vessel called the ________.
5. The Virunga Volcanoes border the following countries except for which one?
Short Answer Questions
1. The currency-declaration forms that Adams and Carwardine had to fill out in Zaire had the heading ________, crossed out, with "Zaire" written instead in pencil.
2. Leopard-skin Pillbox Hat informs the reader that by the ________ independence movements were sweeping across Africa.
3. Douglas Adams was a self-proclaimed writer of humorous ________.
4. Douglas Adams explains that "one of the characteristics that laymen find most odd about zoologists is their insatiable enthusiasm for ________."
5. What is the name of the tiny, idyllic, rain-forest island just off the northeast coast of Madagascar?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)