|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term which refers to the type of literature that The Lady with the Pet Dog is?
2. What does Gurov send for after his arrival at Anna's room in Chapter 4?
3. In what tense is the Lady with the Pet Dog?
4. What would be the falling action in Chapter 4?
5. What Moscow specialty accompanies meat served in a frying pan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does "Betrayal" mean in the context of The Lady with the Pet Dog? Who does Anna regret betraying? Why? What is the narrator's view of the betrayal of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the foreshadowing in the novella. What is the meaning behind the term, "Chekhov's Gun?" How does this apply to The Lady with the Pet Dog?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the actions and objectives employed by Gurov as he attempts to meet Anna. Give examples from the text of an action and an objective and define these terms in your response.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)