|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Chapter 4 is the climax of the novella?
2. What had none of the women that Gurov had previously been with, been in their time with him?
3. What color dress of Anna's does Gurov like the most?
4. What does Gurov send for after his arrival at Anna's room in Chapter 4?
5. What did Gurov's past lovers do once they realized their mistake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the transformation which Gurov undergoes in the course of the novella. How is this transformation the basis of the structural components of the story?
Essay Topic 2
What does "Betrayal" mean in the context of The Lady with the Pet Dog? Who does Anna regret betraying? Why? What is the narrator's view of the betrayal of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the actions and objectives employed by Gurov as he attempts to meet Anna. Give examples from the text of an action and an objective and define these terms in your response.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)