|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
2. Fill in the blank: "To women he always seemed ______ than what he was."
3. How many main characters are in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
4. Which of the following is a major theme of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
5. Who says, "You were quite right: the sturgeon was a bit off"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What imagery is depicted in The Lady with the Pet Dog? Define the terms "imagery, "simile," and "metaphor." Give examples of each in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the foreshadowing in the novella. What is the meaning behind the term, "Chekhov's Gun?" How does this apply to The Lady with the Pet Dog?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the two main characters in the story. How are they similar? How are they different? What about their settings set them apart?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)