|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gurov send for after his arrival at Anna's room in Chapter 4?
2. Why does Anna's husband go out during the intermission?
3. On which street does Anna live?
4. What is missing from The Lady with the Pet Dog?
5. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the two main characters in the story. How are they similar? How are they different? What about their settings set them apart?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the transformation which Gurov undergoes in the course of the novella. How is this transformation the basis of the structural components of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the actions and objectives employed by Gurov as he attempts to meet Anna. Give examples from the text of an action and an objective and define these terms in your response.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)