|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What show is being performed at the local theater in Chapter 3?
2. What is the weather like in the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What is Gurov overtaken by a need to share with someone in Chapter 3?
4. How many newspapers does Gurov read per day in Chapter 3?
5. What color dress of Anna's does Gurov like the most?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the two main characters in the story. How are they similar? How are they different? What about their settings set them apart?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Chekhov's plot structure deviates from traditional plot structure in literature. Define "rising action," "climax," and "falling action," and explain how these differ from a typical plot line.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the three different settings of the novella. How do they compare and contrast with one another? How can this be seen symbolically?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)