|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the horseman not have in Gurov's room at the hotel?
2. What does Anna appear as though she's going to do when Gurov approaches her in the theater?
3. What does Gurov say to Anna when he approaches her in the theater?
4. What color is the fence surrounding Anna's house?
5. Where does Gurov go to play cards in Moscow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Misogyny" as it applies to The Lady with the Pet Dog. How is this theme presented? Which character does the theme embody?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Slice of Life" realism. What does this term mean? How does it apply to The Lady with the Pet Dog?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Chekhov's plot structure deviates from traditional plot structure in literature. Define "rising action," "climax," and "falling action," and explain how these differ from a typical plot line.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)