|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the boys doing in the stairwell above Anna and Gurov in the theater?
2. What is Anna's husband wearing on his suit jacket?
3. In what row do Anna and her husband sit at the theater?
4. What is the word that Gurov repeats in his thoughts at the end of the novella?
5. What does Anna appear as though she's going to do when Gurov approaches her in the theater?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the narrative point of view and tense of the novella. How does this impact the reader's information? Define "voice" and "tense" in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What imagery is depicted in The Lady with the Pet Dog? Define the terms "imagery, "simile," and "metaphor." Give examples of each in your response.
Essay Topic 3
What does "Betrayal" mean in the context of The Lady with the Pet Dog? Who does Anna regret betraying? Why? What is the narrator's view of the betrayal of the characters?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)