|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing that Anna says to Gurov in the stairwell of the theater?
2. What does Gurov note about his appearance in Chapter 4?
3. What would be the falling action in Chapter 4?
4. What is the fence surrounding Anna's house studded with?
5. What term refers to "what a character is doing at any point in a piece of literature," such as "Gurov Kisses Anna"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the actions and objectives employed by Gurov as he attempts to meet Anna. Give examples from the text of an action and an objective and define these terms in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narrative point of view and tense of the novella. How does this impact the reader's information? Define "voice" and "tense" in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the autobiographical elements of The Lady with the Pet Dog to Anton Chekhov's life. What characteristics did he share with the characters? What of the setting?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)