Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Anna's husband go out during the intermission?
3. What do Anna and Gurov begin to feel as the musicians begin tuning their instruments in the theater?
4. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to see Gurov?
5. What is missing from The Lady with the Pet Dog?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the narrative point of view and tense of the novella. How does this impact the reader's information? Define "voice" and "tense" in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What does "Betrayal" mean in the context of The Lady with the Pet Dog? Who does Anna regret betraying? Why? What is the narrator's view of the betrayal of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Morality" as it applies to the novella. What is Chekhov's depiction of morality? How do his characters' actions exhibit this theme?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)