|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Chekhov living while he wrote The Lady with the Pet Dog?
2. What does the porter wear at the hotel?
3. What hotel does Anna stay at when visiting Gurov?
4. What is the first thing that Anna says to Gurov in the stairwell of the theater?
5. Gurov's daughter asks him, "Why isn't there any _____ in winter"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the narrative point of view and tense of the novella. How does this impact the reader's information? Define "voice" and "tense" in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the actions and objectives employed by Gurov as he attempts to meet Anna. Give examples from the text of an action and an objective and define these terms in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the three different settings of the novella. How do they compare and contrast with one another? How can this be seen symbolically?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)