Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Anna's husband go out during the intermission?
3. What do Anna and Gurov begin to feel as the musicians begin tuning their instruments in the theater?
4. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to see Gurov?
5. What is missing from The Lady with the Pet Dog?
Discuss the rising of tension in Chapter 3. What is the danger involved for the main characters? What stylistic techniques does the author employ to achieve this rising tension?
Describe the transformation which Gurov undergoes in the course of the novella. How is this transformation the basis of the structural components of the story?
Discuss "Adultery" as it is presented in the text. What are the characters' feelings regarding adultery? How does this thematically interact with the other themes of the story.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)