|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to "what a character is doing at any point in a piece of literature," such as "Gurov Kisses Anna"?
2. Gurov's daughter asks him, "Why isn't there any _____ in winter"?
3. What does the sign say, which Anna and Gurov stop below to talk in the theater?
4. What are the boys doing in the stairwell above Anna and Gurov in the theater?
5. Who is the partner of Gurov at cards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Misogyny" as it applies to The Lady with the Pet Dog. How is this theme presented? Which character does the theme embody?
Essay Topic 2
Are the conflicts in The Lady with the Pet Dog primarily external conflicts or internal conflicts? Define both of these terms and give examples of them from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the three different settings of the novella. How do they compare and contrast with one another? How can this be seen symbolically?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)