|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Really, Dimitry, the role of a coxcomb doesn't suit you at all"?
2. What is the temperature, as Gurov tells his daughter in Chapter 4?
3. What simile is used for Anna and Gurov in Chapter 4?
4. What term refers to "what a character is doing at any point in a piece of literature," such as "Gurov Kisses Anna"?
5. What are the boys doing in the stairwell above Anna and Gurov in the theater?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the actions and objectives employed by Gurov as he attempts to meet Anna. Give examples from the text of an action and an objective and define these terms in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the rising of tension in Chapter 3. What is the danger involved for the main characters? What stylistic techniques does the author employ to achieve this rising tension?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Slice of Life" realism. What does this term mean? How does it apply to The Lady with the Pet Dog?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)