|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "To women he always seemed ______ than what he was."
2. What is missing from The Lady with the Pet Dog?
3. What does Anna appear as though she's going to do when Gurov approaches her in the theater?
4. What kind of coat does Gurov wear in Chapter 4?
5. Who is with Gurov in the beginning of Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the autobiographical elements of The Lady with the Pet Dog to Anton Chekhov's life. What characteristics did he share with the characters? What of the setting?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Longing" in The Lady with the Pet Dog. In which chapter is this theme the most prominent? How does this play a part in the transformation of the protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
What does "Betrayal" mean in the context of The Lady with the Pet Dog? Who does Anna regret betraying? Why? What is the narrator's view of the betrayal of the characters?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)