|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the temperature, as Gurov tells his daughter in Chapter 4?
2. What are the boys doing in the stairwell above Anna and Gurov in the theater?
3. Which of the following is a major theme of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
4. What is one of the major themes of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
5. What hotel does Anna stay at when visiting Gurov?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What imagery is depicted in The Lady with the Pet Dog? Define the terms "imagery, "simile," and "metaphor." Give examples of each in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Misogyny" as it applies to The Lady with the Pet Dog. How is this theme presented? Which character does the theme embody?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Chekhov's plot structure deviates from traditional plot structure in literature. Define "rising action," "climax," and "falling action," and explain how these differ from a typical plot line.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)