|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the boys doing in the stairwell above Anna and Gurov in the theater?
2. Gurov's daughter asks him, "Why isn't there any _____ in winter"?
3. What does the sign say, which Anna and Gurov stop below to talk in the theater?
4. Fill in the blank: "To women he always seemed ______ than what he was."
5. Who says, "Really, Dimitry, the role of a coxcomb doesn't suit you at all"?
Essay Topic 1
What imagery is depicted in The Lady with the Pet Dog? Define the terms "imagery, "simile," and "metaphor." Give examples of each in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the transformation which Gurov undergoes in the course of the novella. How is this transformation the basis of the structural components of the story?
Essay Topic 3
What does "Betrayal" mean in the context of The Lady with the Pet Dog? Who does Anna regret betraying? Why? What is the narrator's view of the betrayal of the characters?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)