|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from The Lady with the Pet Dog?
2. What is the weather like in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Gurov go to play cards in Moscow?
4. What does the word "lorgnette" mean?
5. What does Gurov ask Anna to do with him rather than cry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the actions and objectives employed by Gurov as he attempts to meet Anna. Give examples from the text of an action and an objective and define these terms in your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Nature" in The Lady with the Pet Dog. How is this theme both a symbol and a theme? How does the symbolism inform the theme?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the descriptions of the main characters' spouses. How is Gurov's wife similar or different than Anna's husband? How are the main characters' feelings about their spouses similar or different?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)